Angry Camera suddenly too low?

[SOLVED]

Anyone else noticed this since the last major patch?

If my character is hip deep water, my camera is suddenly underwater.

It's as if the player camera has been moved down to the crotch. I hoped it would go away or get hotfixed, but it's still there after all this time.

It's as if ALL my alts are now gnomes/goblins.

Anyone else notice this?
    Last edited by thottstation; 2022-07-24 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    If my character is hip deep water, my camera is suddenly underwater.
    Have you checked the settings to make sure they didn't get altered by accident?

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Have you checked the settings

I don't think there's any setting to adjust the position of your camera.

Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    I don't think there's any setting to adjust the position of your camera.
    There's a camera setting under interface called water collision or something similar.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Nice!

Never would've guessed that was a thing now. Just figured it was a new feature.

Thanks for the improv tech support.

Sorry to revisit this, but it just doesn't work.

When you zoom the camera all the way in to 1st person view, the camera jumps UP to the character's head.

But the moment you scroll the mouse wheel down and zoom the camera out, the camera jumps down to the character's waist, then continues to zoom out.

click for video

I've tried this on multiple alts. The camera's center is the character's waist... until you zoom all the way in, then the camera jumps vertically up and repositions into the character's head.

This is why your camera is underwater when the character is only hip deep in water.

I've tried unticking the Water Collision box, but that just means my camera stays above water even when my character is fully underwater, swimming.

It never used to be like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    They changed (or broke) something in 9.2.5; you're not crazy. A friend was complaining about it and found a thread on the bug report forums of others doing the same.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Well, that explains it. Very annoying to me to be swimming above water and have the camera locked under water.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

This was happening in Classic TBC as well. For quite a while now. I haven't been in water for awhile. Not sure if it's still happening.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This was happening in Classic TBC as well. For quite a while now. I haven't been in water for awhile. Not sure if it's still happening.
    I was thinking the same. Been happening since I can remember in TBC Classic, meaning I don't remember it not happening there. It's still happening in the Wrath beta, so I'm guessing still happening in TBC Classic as well.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    IIRC this is why they eventually added the setting in live, so it doesn't surprise me this still exists to some degree in the legacy realms.

However, after functioning correctly since the toggle was added in retail, either the setting broke or was changed in the last patch and it behaves differently.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |