Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Sounding more and more like a butchered version of it will arrive IMO.
    It really is amazing how bad they've screwed this up. They had the most popular expansion in the history of the genre and, as you say, butchered it.

Quote Originally Posted by cigawoot View Post
    I wouldn't call the exclusion of the dungeon finder a butchering of the expansion. Dungeon finder was only available in the last patch of the expansion and was more for the purposes of previewing it for Cataclysm (similar to the introduction of LFR at the end of Cataclysm).
    RDF was in the game for nearly half of the expansions life

I was looking forward to playing wotlk again , easily my favourite expansion to date, but the changes they have made means I won't be playing it at all, its their choice to ruin the classic version but I'm not touching it now.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having lich king lore butchered and pissed and shat on in SL, this doesn't feel epic at all :/

it was in Patch 3.3.0 (not the last patch and was in almost half of LK life *48/49% of it) and they are talking about making changes to mobs due to all the boosting (which RDF would prob have help get rid of some of that with the ability to run older dungeons easier by finding groups after most people have already out-leveled them) ,changes to Nax, and even having some scaling in dungeons (adding challenge modes in their own words) at some point it sounds like ,oh ya added a crap version of the Retail LFG from the M+ stuff.

*current Dev's crap on everything they touch.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    RDF was in the game for nearly half of the expansions life
    Just so we're clear, we're talking about the Icecrown Citadel raid patch and it being in for "half of the expansion's life" is because of the usual year-long drought between expansions, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just saw there is an option at innkeepers to remove the Joyous Journeys buff ;D Why would someone opt to remove a 50% exp increase buff?

"I want the classic experience!" kekw

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Just so we're clear, we're talking about the Icecrown Citadel raid patch and it being in for "half of the expansion's life" is because of the usual year-long drought between expansions, right?
    Nov 13 2008 LK launch
    Dec 8th 2009 3.3.0 ICC and RDF
    June 22 2010 3.3.5 Ruby Sanctum
    Dec 7 2010 Cata Launch

For a drought kinda amazing there was no sub drops till 2Q into Cata...

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    half the expansions life is half the expansions life, there were also patches and content added after icc

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    No Digital Deluxe edition for a 15 year old re-release?

What the hell Blizz, you disappoint me
    Blizzard sells something. Players: "Blizz why you sell ask for more money you R multi-million dollar corporation game is dying!"

Blizzard doesn't sell something. Players: "Blizz why you not sell ask for more money we want stuff to buy give us stuff game is dying!!!!!!!!!!1"
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

We come from the land of ice and snow.

Here is hoping everyone has good times.

half the expansions life is half the expansions life, there were also patches and content added after icc
    Link this long list of content released after icc. I certainly hope this isn't based on the one shitty raid that next to noone did, and those who did it did it once.....you guys are reaching so hard it's making me cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

Nov 13 2008 LK launch
    Dec 8th 2009 3.3.0 ICC and RDF
    June 22 2010 3.3.5 Ruby Sanctum
    Dec 7 2010 Cata Launch

For a drought kinda amazing there was no sub drops till 2Q into Cata...
    What do subs have to do with anything? You are being EXTREMELY disingenuous and you know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Blizzard sells something. Players: "Blizz why you sell ask for more money you R multi-million dollar corporation game is dying!"

Blizzard doesn't sell something. Players: "Blizz why you not sell ask for more money we want stuff to buy give us stuff game is dying!!!!!!!!!!1"
    I'm pretty sure he/she was being ironic...

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Link this long list of content released after icc. I certainly hope this isn't based on the one shitty raid that next to noone did, and those who did it did it once.....you guys are reaching so hard it's making me cringe.

- - - Updated - - -

What do subs have to do with anything? You are being EXTREMELY disingenuous and you know it.
    now who is reaching? all serous raid guilds farmed RS for months, it had plenty of insane loot/BiS pieces. Anyone running ICC was running RS as well, maybe your super super casual team didnt, but MOST did. shitty is just your opinion. dont play it off like fact, it kept subs growing leading into the highest peak players ever obtained entering cata. guess it wasnt that shitty.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2022-07-26 at 05:48 AM.

now who is reaching? all serous raid guilds farmed RS for months, it had plenty of insane loot/BiS pieces. Anyone running ICC was running RS as well, maybe your super super casual team didnt, but MOST did. shitty is just your opinion. dont play it off like fact, it kept subs growing leading into the highest peak players ever obtained entering cata. guess it wasnt that shitty.
    I LOVE how you accuse others of presenting things as fact, then pretend to have knowledge on what kept people playing late into the expansion, claiming it was purely because of EASILY the most forgettable, single boss filler raids wow has ever seen. If you want to set the standard that only FACTS can be presented, please adhere to that standard yourself and stop making idiotic claims like RS not only kept people playing (lol) but also caused an INCREASE in subs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

I was in one of those serious guilds and on a large server there were about 7 if us that farmed LK H 25. Ruby Sanctum was a ghost town and it definetly had nothing to do with keeping subs. LFD was the reason that subs didn't drop during that whole year. Claiming Ruby Sanctum was anything but a waste of time is laughable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    I was looking forward to playing wotlk again , easily my favourite expansion to date, but the changes they have made means I won't be playing it at all, its their choice to ruin the classic version but I'm not touching it now.
    The only somehow affecting change is the removal of LFG, isnt it?
    I don´t think that makes much of a deal. Removes a lot of toxicity tbh. But also, they are clearly going to add it later on when they find it fitting (in a catch up patch to get more subs).

But tbh.... with LFG you´d get a dungeon in 20 minutes as a DPS? without it I always made groups in about the same time... difference here is mainly being lazy about it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I was in one of those serious guilds and on a large server there were about 7 if us that farmed LK H 25. Ruby Sanctum was a ghost town and it definetly had nothing to do with keeping subs. LFD was the reason that subs didn't drop during that whole year. Claiming Ruby Sanctum was anything but a waste of time is laughable.
    ruby sanctum was ran by tens of thousands weekly. hardly a ghost town. your server was not very large or good if it had only 7 guilds farming H ICC 25 on RS release. below average at best. but that is not the point, what matters is, RS was ran more than any current raid tier of the last 3 expansions. it contained BiS loot and was farmed from its release until cata by most raid teams. RS raid content 100% helped to maintain subs. your denial doesnt change that. it was content, containing VERY desirable loot, it kept people coming back.
    Last edited by The Oblivion; 2022-07-26 at 06:51 AM.

Thats not the only changes, there is a fair few more but most important is the lfg, the changes to wintergrasp and the changes to being able to help friends level up fast in dungeons, all shit changes that I don't like. Hope that helps.

Well at least they are not advertising that WotLK comes with a Dance Studio this time around.

I'm guessing they removed LFG because that is what killed all community in WOW.