Poll: What you want Dragonriding to be?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

"Dragonriding should be distinguished from flying"

Dragonriding feedback

I guess, we have new excuse for not making Dragonriding convenient. We had "Immersion". We had "Content structure". We had "Challenge". Now we have "Shouldn't be similar to flying". Don't you think, that it turns out, that whole Dragonriding - is just psychological trick to give flying while not actually giving flying and just gating "real" flying behind another 6-12 months of waiting?

What do you personally want from Dragonriding? Should it be "Challenging flying" or "Gradual return of flying at release"?

Players asked second thing, not first one. I personally want Dragonriding to be "Gradual return of flying" and therefore it should become similar to flying in terms of convenience withing reasonable time frame.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-07-27 at 05:17 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Dragon riding looks way cooler than flying imo. I am fine with keeping PF and sitting in hubs as the ways to AFK

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The way dragonriding is looking now I want it to replace flying all together every where so we no longer just have people floating about and instead have to actually put in gameplay to get around.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Dragon riding looks way cooler than flying imo. I am fine with keeping PF and sitting in hubs as the ways to AFK
    Can someone explain to me, why it's considered to be so bad to be AFK out in a world? Constant aggro/combat puts psychological pressure on me. It's annoying. It turns world into place, where I don't want to be. And even more. Some classes rely on getting out of combat due to their class mechanics.

Why Blizzard are so obsessed by idea, that every inch of location should be filled by aggressive mobs, so there shouldn't be a second without combat with mobs? If they want combat 100% of time, then may be they should create special optional location with permanent combat? Maw for example? But why should I be forced to play such content?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-07-27 at 05:27 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Can someone explain to me, why it's considered to be so bad to be AFK out in a world? Constant aggro/combat puts psychological pressure on me. It's annoying. It turns world into place, where I don't want to be. And even more. Some classes rely on getting out of combat due to their class mechanics.
    There are plenty of safe places to park yourself out in the world if need to step away and not be engaged in playing the game for a few minutes. And with the way dragon riding works and the way the zones are designed, you can get yourself to those safe places in an instant.

You can always afk, in various camps or on cliffs or whatever. Not being able to float in the air out of the way doesnt mean nowhere is safe. If anything it makes the world feel more like a world

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragonriding scales up to 900% movement speed. That alone makes it worth the minor inconvenience of having to actively control your character between locations. Nevermind that a lot of playtesters have said it makes the travel portion of gameplay fun.

Why Blizzard are so obsessed by idea, that every inch of location should be filled by aggressive mobs, so there shouldn't be a second without combat with mobs? If they want combat 100% of time, then may be they should create special optional location with permanent combat? Maw for example? But why should I be forced to play such content?
    "Casual Lives Matter" but also "make all outdoor world content totally irrelevant because of psychological pressure". I used to think you were a troll, but you've been at this full-time for years now so I can only assume you're actually serious about these absolutely ridiculous ideas - therefore my suggestion to you is to touch grass because you clearly have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    "Casual Lives Matter" but also "make all outdoor world content totally irrelevant because of psychological pressure". I used to think you were a troll, but you've been at this full-time for years now so I can only assume you're actually serious about these absolutely ridiculous ideas - therefore my suggestion to you is to touch grass because you clearly have a problem.
    I just try to find any logic in outdoor design, Blizzard try to push. For me it really seems like they try to turn open world into some sort of "outdoor instance", that works according to some "rules". But don't you think, that we already have enough instanced content, such as dungeons, raids, etc?

Because if the world is mostly safe, it shouldn't need armies of adventurers to protect it. Part of being in a fantasy world is that it's full of dangerous creatures. If you can safely just hover a little bit above them then it diminishes that threat. It's an immersion thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Old flying is not flying. It is minecraft creative mode hovering.

I want dragonriding to replace flying alltogether and encompass all mounts or make it so much faster that normal flying would be stupid to use so they can remove it.

I always thought flying in wow was boring, uninspired and not very immersive. Like a hovering huge dragon or horse with wings. How? The only mounts that makes sense is the battlemechs.

Dragonriding is real flying. Previous flying is "real" flying.

So I get what I want from dragonriding. I get to finally fly instead of activating a no-clip movement mode.

So none of your choices really. I don't think it'll be challenging. I think it'll be interactive.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Constant aggro/combat puts psychological pressure on me. It's annoying. It turns world into place, where I don't want to be. And even more. Some classes rely on getting out of combat due to their class mechanics.
    Seriously, why are you playing this game? It isn't for you.

Dragonriding feedback

I guess, we have new excuse for not making Dragonriding convenient. We had "Immersion". We had "Content structure". We had "Challenge". Now we have "Shouldn't be similar to flying". Don't you think, that it turns out, that whole Dragonriding - is just psychological trick to give flying while not actually giving flying and just gating "real" flying behind another 6-12 months of waiting?

What do you personally want from Dragonriding? Should it be "Challenging flying" or "Gradual return of flying at release"?

Players asked second thing, not first one. I personally want Dragonriding to be "Gradual return of flying" and therefore it should become similar to flying in terms of convenience withing reasonable time frame.
    Unfortunately, you have to play WoW while you’re playing WoW. You can’t not play WoW while you play WoW. If you want to not play WoW, don’t play WoW.

Given your suggestions for how to meet your ridiculous “casual lives matter” requirements I suggest you play Minecraft creative mode.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can someone explain to me, why it's considered to be so bad to be AFK out in a world? Constant aggro/combat puts psychological pressure on me. It's annoying.

Then don't afk right in the middle of a pack of mobs.

Problem solved.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Because if the world is mostly safe, it shouldn't need armies of adventurers to protect it. Part of being in a fantasy world is that it's full of dangerous creatures. If you can safely just hover a little bit above them then it diminishes that threat. It's an immersion thing.
    Different players may have different immersions. For example difficulty kills exploration. Players don't have time to explore world, because they're under constant pressure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Seriously, why are you playing this game? It isn't for you.
    Unfortunately we don't have other games in Warcraft universe, except may be Warcraft III: Refunded, so we have to work with what we have.

Blizzard should allow both kinds of flying in the game and let the people decide which one they prefer.

People are acting as if someone is forcing them at gunpoint to use the regular/old flying... If you don't like the old flying, use only the new feature, it's that easy.

The funny thing is, some of the people who advocate for the removing of the old flying altogether, will probably get bored/annoyed by the new system in few months.
    unclench your jaw

I see Dragonriding as an experiment. Blizzard have made no secret about their having regrets about flying and have experimented with different models to fix what they believe to be a problem. they've tried max level unlock (TBC), mid-levelling unlock (WotLK), start of expansion unlock (cata), do pretty much everything to unlock (WoD) and zones with no flying at all (Isle of Thunder, Timewaste Isle, Argus, Maw)... all have had very mixed results and the playerbase has always been very vocally divided between different preferences. no matter what solution is used, a large portion of the playerbase is upset

so with Dragonriding it looks like they've taken a different approach. we get an alternative to flying, with the familiar version to appear later for those people and situations not satisfied by this alternative. will this alternative be a success? no idea. but it's an interesting approach to an undeniable problem.

personally I'm in the pro-flying camp but found the delayed release to be a fair compromise so long as the wait wasn't too long, although very few expansions actually made good use of flying. TBC and WotLK had whole areas unreachable until you could fly, but which you caught glimpses of on flightpaths and maps beforehand... in Pandaria it was mostly just a convenience, with few new places to reach from flight
    then in WoD there was a lot of debate over whether it would ever come at all and the map was clearly designed to allow for the possibility of it never coming. Legion, BFA and Shadowlands were all designed with eventual flying in mind but still made little use of it beyond the very conveniences the developers dislike. Zereth Mortis is slightly better, with flying a necessity for reaching all of the secrets and treasures, but even then you can still obtain most of these without it

Can someone explain to me, why it's considered to be so bad to be AFK out in a world?
    Bind your standard flying mount, click the button, and AFK out in the world.

It's not like you can't do that anymore.

Honestly your attempts are getting worse over time, you may want to review your strategy.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I don't really 'want' it to be either, but I picked challenging.

I want flying to be enjoyable while not taking anything away from the game. Dragonriding looks superb.