Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Any defensive nerf in PoE feels like a bad thing. The game already HEAVILY suffers from random stuff killing you. Its not that everyone takes these defensive layers just because they are so easy to get, its because they are required to survive.

Playing without Determination, Spell Suppression, Defiance Banner and some form of boosted max res is just miserable.
    Plus don't forget...

Elemental and physical ailment immunity passively or via flasks (including corrupted blood immunity). And a few other bits. All of which raise the floor for less skilled/invested players, while doing basically fuckall for the good/rich folks at the higher end that are actually causing problems.

Outside of the ward nerf which targeted wardloop builds, it really does feel like most of the nerfs are focused more at the floor than the ceiling.

Manifesto is up:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3292308

Let's get it.

Edit: Woops. Sorry, missed that it was already posted a page ago. My bad.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-08-03 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Outside of the ward nerf which targeted wardloop builds, it really does feel like most of the nerfs are focused more at the floor than the ceiling.
    What was the ward nerf? All I saw was a ward buff (it refreshes quicker) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    What was the ward nerf? All I saw was a ward buff (it refreshes quicker) ?
    Rereading now, seems I misread while skimming super quick. It is indeed a buff for ward builds, but I'm still not sure if ward is going to be very attractive outside of wardloop setups given the way the game works right now. Are there even any ward builds that aren't wardloop? >.>

Defiance Banner was probably always gonna be hit. Let's be real.

Though I do like the AA change. I run that shit a lot at low levels but it becomes useless in the real game.

Edit: Hmm. I like MoM a lot but it hasn't been good for years as a passive. Perhaps there is a chance it can be good again.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-08-03 at 12:30 AM.

Currently waiting on the patch notes before coming to a "conclusion", but very much not liking the manifesto overall. Hoping the notes include lots of secret buffs or something, or that the league mechanic is dope as all hell to carry me through the underwhelming changes after 6 months of no changes.

Seems like Absolution got a bit of a buff again, and alongside the nerf to necro I might try to remake my absolution guardian. I've wanted to, but always felt like picking guardian over necro was just pointlessly hamstringing myself for no reason. Hopefully that'll be at least a decent starter build or something, guess I should start looking up current absolution builds to see what's available. Just kinda worried about animate guardian given some of the nerfs to minions in general, but hopefully there's a build that doesn't really rely on one.

Oof. I'm already not liking this league.

oh wow +2 to cleave radius and an oil for mirrored items

GGG knows how to appeal to the common man

thank you sir may I have more?

did they actually nerf jugg lmao fuck this league when's the next one
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2022-08-03 at 01:06 AM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    these changes really seem pants on head stupid. we have been yoyoing for a couple leagues now of them nerfing defense realizing there nerfs were dog shit and buffing them only to try and nerf them again next league.

They need to realize that making survival impossible isn't fun and stop nerfing every type of defense that works every other league.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    these changes really seem pants on head stupid. we have been yoyoing for a couple leagues now of them nerfing defense realizing there nerfs were dog shit and buffing them only to try and nerf them again next league.

They need to realize that making survival impossible isn't fun and stop nerfing every type of defense that works every other league.
    I really like the minor buff to AA given the fact that they're apparently looking at buffing "standing still" defenses later. Like...brohaimes, you're gonna need to add a 90% damage reduction buff while standing still or something, because anything less is going to be mechanically pointless. The whole risk of standing still is that you're eating everything, and GGG has had to make tons of shit super deadly to try to kill players during the zoom-zoom leagues. So on top of needing to mitigate all the normal attacks, which is challenging but possible even as a caster, you're needing to either outright mitigate those huge hits (unlikely) or somehow maintain enough screen visibility to be able to spot them which...is a hugely tall order given that the best way to avoid those RIPpy hits is simply to keep moving.

I know it's always doom and gloom after a manifesto and I know I'm feeling that too, even if it usually ends up working out "alright" at least, but it's hard to be optimistic with the way the balance in the game is going.

the only way I can see this manifesto fly is if the gear in this league is pants-on-head stupid as well
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The summoner changes for the common man are probably going to hurt the spec a lot. +2 to all summoning skills going kaput being replaced with unholy might is pretty bad for something like summon skeletons for instance. More importantly getting your animate guardian up and running is probably going to be limited to the 1C budget items for most players.

They aren't wrong in the assessment that generally a lot of summon builds are generally very cheap to start up. You're literally limited to cluster jewels for power growth, or getting mirror tier helmets or super expensive wands to realistically raise the damage of your minions in general. Yes, it's a bit of an exaggeration, but if you go and look at other slots of gear and affixes overall, there's very few slots outside of those I listed where you will find a couple of damage increasing nodes.

I'd have to wait and see to really understand what this does to summoners. I'm not actually totally against it because it is fun having actual gearing options beyond those few slots I listed. I have a feeling however that all it's going to do (unless they add some new base types) is plague the crafting world with even more redundant affixes making getting things you want even more difficult to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    the only way I can see this manifesto fly is if the gear in this league is pants-on-head stupid as well
    Welp, lots of folks thinking it's gonna be lots of uniques (since technically per the lore all uniques are mirrors of items to begin with?) so maybe there's gonna be some absolutely bonkers, batshit crazy new uniques with modular stats and absolutely wild stat combinations.

Edit: Shit...Holy Relic scaling buff...been wanting to play that build for a while and now with the +1 helmet being part of the core drop pool and super easy to get...wondering if maybe I try that for the lulz.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-08-03 at 01:27 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I really like the minor buff to AA given the fact that they're apparently looking at buffing "standing still" defenses later. Like...brohaimes, you're gonna need to add a 90% damage reduction buff while standing still or something, because anything less is going to be mechanically pointless. The whole risk of standing still is that you're eating everything, and GGG has had to make tons of shit super deadly to try to kill players during the zoom-zoom leagues. So on top of needing to mitigate all the normal attacks, which is challenging but possible even as a caster, you're needing to either outright mitigate those huge hits (unlikely) or somehow maintain enough screen visibility to be able to spot them which...is a hugely tall order given that the best way to avoid those RIPpy hits is simply to keep moving.

I know it's always doom and gloom after a manifesto and I know I'm feeling that too, even if it usually ends up working out "alright" at least, but it's hard to be optimistic with the way the balance in the game is going.
    The idea of buffing standing still defenses is fine but In practical terms they would need to make the buffs as you said a 90% reduction for it to ever actually matter.

Last league my jugg had 6k life 1000 Regen, 2000 leech, 79 all res 100% spell repression 90% physical reduction and all of the defensives nodes in the ascendancy for flat reductions aliment immunity and Id still regularly get my head randomly blown off just while mapping. Even with all that random nobody mobs could kill me on the regular and now they want to nerf it or make it harder to get to those levels? I don't know what hard core player only crack they are smoking but it's making every other league a total slog while also slowly dragging even the recovery buff defense leagues down as overall survivability gets lower and lower.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-08-03 at 01:36 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Currently waiting on the patch notes before coming to a "conclusion", but very much not liking the manifesto overall. Hoping the notes include lots of secret buffs or something, or that the league mechanic is dope as all hell to carry me through the underwhelming changes after 6 months of no changes.
    Yeah, that's mostly my thoughts. Not sure what I'll do as a league starter, was thinking I might try minions but it looks like that got a big nerf in effectiveness without a lot more gear investment. Interestingly they nerfed summon reaper which already seemed to be considered pretty bad by most people.

Also fucking lol at the nerf to cast on death.

Softcore meta gonna be in shambles.

Wow. Minions. Just fucking wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The idea of buffing standing still defenses is fine but In practical terms they would need to make the buffs as you said a 90% reduction for it to ever actually matter.

Last league my jugg had 6k life 1000 Regen, 2000 leech, 79 all res 100% spell repression 90% physical reduction and all of the defensives nodes in the ascendancy for flat reductions aliment immunity and Id still regularly get my head randomly blown off just while mapping. Even with all that random nobody mobs could kill me on the regular and now they want to nerf it or make it harder to get to those levels? I don't know what hard core player only crack they are smoking but it's making every other league a total slog while also slowly dragging even the recovery buff defense leagues down as overall survivability gets lower and lower.
    The community has long said that Chris appears to be playing an entirely different game from everyone else.
    His hard on for Super Mega Hardcore is actively hurting the game league after league.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's mostly my thoughts. Not sure what I'll do as a league starter, was thinking I might try minions but it looks like that got a big nerf in effectiveness without a lot more gear investment. Interestingly they nerfed summon reaper which already seemed to be considered pretty bad by most people.

The reaper nerf was due to exactly one build abusing it late in the league, im sure of it.

As for the minion nerfs, we have to wait to see what the stats are on the shields and rings to see if we can compensate the loss that way. I for one am glad Necro wont be the only minion ascendency now, but also think Unholy Might is a terrible use of points.

As for the cast on death nerf, Softcore boss farmers knew this was happening.

The community has long said that Chris appears to be playing an entirely different game from everyone else.
    His hard on for Super Mega Hardcore is actively hurting the game league after league.
    Which ironically it seems they are struggling to get that mode off the ground. Chris does play a different game than most people. He is almost exclusively HCSFF and thinks that is the true way to play the game. Which is why the lack of trade improvements make zero sense, considering it wouldn't affect his gameplay experience at all.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    The reaper nerf was due to exactly one build abusing it late in the league, im sure of it.

As for the minion nerfs, we have to wait to see what the stats are on the shields and rings to see if we can compensate the loss that way. I for one am glad Necro wont be the only minion ascendency now, but also think Unholy Might is a terrible use of points.

As for the cast on death nerf, Softcore boss farmers knew this was happening.

Which ironically it seems they are struggling to get that mode off the ground. Chris does play a different game than most people. He is almost exclusively HCSFF and thinks that is the true way to play the game. Which is why the lack of trade improvements make zero sense, considering it wouldn't affect his gameplay experience at all.
    trading is scuffed by design and funny enough the Diablo 3 Auction House fiasco showed why.

If trading is easy everyone buys high quality gear and skips large amounts of progression and doesn't spend time playing the game looking for incremental improvements.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    trading is scuffed by design and funny enough the Diablo 3 Auction House fiasco showed why.

If trading is easy everyone buys high quality gear and skips large amounts of progression and doesn't spend time playing the game looking for incremental improvements.
    O i understand the issues with trading, there are just some pain points that should still be addressed, such as stack sizes, and the over reliance on "trust" of both parties. But wasn't trying to turn this into a trade \ no trade discusssion. Just felt that Chris is biased so hard in the one version of the game he plays, that it bleeds into the others.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.