Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have a sneaking suspicion that a dragon of some variety will be the last boss of dragonflight

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Which would also be boring. We already defeated Murozond in a Cata dungeon (also timetravel stuff is always ridiculous) and Galakrond was defeated ages ago.

A really good final boss has history. Garrosh or the LK were well done in terms of build up. Deathwing or the Jailer for example were not.

Just going "oh look, Galakrond is back!" is the most boring way of generating a final boss.
    lol the LK doing "rawr I'm going to run away a bunch of times" is good while the Jailer who has FAR FAR FAR more depth isn't? Yeah just still trying to edge in that self perceived clout bashing him when it really just makes you look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I hope not. It would ruin his character growth.
    They've already sent him down a darker path. Shadows Rising saw him helping Alleria torture someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    Turalyon was only a major character in one expansion. One expansion. Prior to that, he was only mentioned in sparse Classic/BC quests, and hasn't done much until very recently. I don't think it is entirely fair to his character to say he was a pet character for a former employee when Sylvanas, Nathanos, even Thrall to a lesser extent, have constantly been interjected into as much plotlines as conceivably possible.

Plus, are we really going down the road of harping on Turalyon for marrying someone not from his own race? Really? And beyond that, we are bashing fictional characters not because of how engaging and interesting they are in their respective setting, but because of their supposed "lol conservative values". That is such a narrow-minded and laughably shallow take on the situation as a whole.

Also, edit to state that Anduin doesn't even represent a single ounce of masculinity at all, toxic or otherwise. If anything, he would be in the negative digits; boy is as exciting to interact and deal with as a used, wet paper towel. But none of that should matter anyways, as "toxic masculinity" usually gets negatively misconstrued for characters with strength and conviction (usually men, because when women characters are forceful it is a sign of power and character development) so there is no point arguing with people who are clearly delusional from the get-go.

Hell, have a second, personal edit while we are discussing the topic of "toxic masculinity". Do you know how attracted I am to pale, baby-faced Anduin as a woman? None whatsoever. Again, this is a personal take, but his inability to drop his false facade a peace and let his emotions run wild makes him dull and boring, where Turalyon is his complete opposite - passionate, forceful, a scarred, chiseled body...no wonder Alleria was attracted to him. But I should stop here before things start heading into dangerous places.
    Bruh, Turalyon is why the Horde didn't win in Warcraft 2. He's an OG character, and isn't gonna go away anytime soon. Main problem is no one knows the Warcraft story anymore.

When Anduin Lothar got killed in 1 on 1 combat with Ogrim (Retconned from being jumped by orcs), Turalyon took up his sword and showcased more prowess with the light than any paladin before...inspiring the soldiers around him and leading the Alliance to their final victory over the Horde in WC2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Against the background of Anduin, others look like pure evil.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    He's an OG character
    Yes, but OG characters tend to be very problematic due to the time they were created. Novels that present Turalyon as a heroic character are pure 00s pulp with all its flaws. The pulpy aesthetic encoded in his character is simply out of place in modern fiction. In other words, Turalyon is outdated. And because of this, it is better to retire him and other characters like him.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    lol the LK doing "rawr I'm going to run away a bunch of times" is good while the Jailer who has FAR FAR FAR more depth isn't? Yeah just still trying to edge in that self perceived clout bashing him when it really just makes you look silly.
    The LK had all of WC3 as a build up. The jailer was about as deep as a puddle. Just a random villain.

Look, I'm all for Turalyon turning evil as much as the next guy, but his scepticism towards the drakthyr would not be the reason. There's really nothing strange in his behaviour considering Stormwind's past. One of the nobles infiltrating and pupeteering things from the shadow being Onyxia (Black Dragonflight), Deathwing's cataclysm and attack on Stormwind (Black Dragonflight) and now Neltharion's creations come and seek refuge. You'd be insane to not be careful. Blind trust is worse than reluctantness.

Azeroth has been enjoying a moment of peace, the king is missing, no wonder he wants to have an eye on everything.

It would be so out of field if Turalyon is the end boss, he has nothing to do with the dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Bruh, Turalyon is why the Horde didn't win in Warcraft 2. He's an OG character, and isn't gonna go away anytime soon. Main problem is no one knows the Warcraft story anymore.

When Anduin Lothar got killed in 1 on 1 combat with Ogrim (Retconned from being jumped by orcs), Turalyon took up his sword and showcased more prowess with the light than any paladin before...inspiring the soldiers around him and leading the Alliance to their final victory over the Horde in WC2.
    I'm aware! I was only stating his specific relevance within the narrative of WoW wasn't readily apparent (for the majority of players) until Legion, and he's been mostly relegated to a background character until very recently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    Yes, but OG characters tend to be very problematic due to the time they were created. Novels that present Turalyon as a heroic character are pure 00s pulp with all its flaws. The pulpy aesthetic encoded in his character is simply out of place in modern fiction. In other words, Turalyon is outdated. And because of this, it is better to retire him and other characters like him.
    The absurdly successful Marvel movies tend to counter this argument pretty well. Genric, pulpy heroes like Captain America are selling tickets like hotcakes right now. Hell, it took over a decade for another movie to overthrow Avatar, which is an even better comparison to Turaylon than Marvel (and whose sequel is right around the corner and still very much anticipated). Also, this is a personal opinion and a nitpick, but every single one of WoW's novels (probably WoW itself even) are campy, flawed, and mediocre, even the stories I happened to enjoy. Comparing WoW characters to their book counterparts isn't exactly asking for them to be painted in a interesting or engaging light.

I was trying not to get political with this, but it also seems that people are harping on Turaylon specifically because he is a character that happens to be a strong, white male who hasn't been killed off yet. Where is the hate for his wife, who has firmly stood by her husband and has participated in just as much bloodshed for the Eastern Kingdoms as Turaylon, and has also played a significant role as an emissary for an alien race (again, like Turaylon). Also, Varian is very, very similar to Turaylon, but he died so his personality and actions are (somehow?) justified. Again, I would like to stress, this is a FANTASY series, so having a character continue to function as he was written is not this grave, colossal, sin. It's not like he is going around constating spouting hate speech or xenophobia, he is a ruler who is being cautious to protect those under his care.

And one last edit - variety is the spice of life. Can you imagine how impossibly boring media would be if every character happened to function, think, and act the same? If WoW was full of only Anduin's and Baine's who did absolutely everything in their power to prevent offending a single person or upsetting the status quo by even a slight margin? WoW would quickly devolve into an even greater state of mediocrity than it suffering from currently, as the old characters from Warcraft have LITERALLY carried WoW's stories on their backs for DECADES. There is a reason people remember Arthas fondly and despise characters like The Jailer.
    Last edited by Celvira; 2022-08-02 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post

You think the girl born with eight limbs is now a spider?

Except it fits exactly fine with current Warcraft, which is still pulpy and garbage when it comes to the story.

WC 1 and 2 storytelling is about on par if not below BFA/Shadowlands --- simply because it was all a disjointed mess and there wasn't a real story to follow aside from what was narrated at you.

Storytelling wasn't decent until WC3, then has been hit or miss during WoW's history.

Turalyon is fine --- him being a shining paladin is also fine. He's about the same as Khadgar, both of which have been handled decently despite being from games prior to WC3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, people get so angry when I call Turalyon the Mighty Whitey. This is just a common trope in old fiction. I didn't invent it. You can google it yourself to find out more about it and see how close Turalyon's character is to this trope.
    I have to say, I just learned "Mighty Whitey" and its the best, I am using it as much as possible now. I used to say "The Golden Knight" trope or something like "You know the stereotypical paladin?" but christ, Mighty Whitey is just so perfect. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I have to say, I just learned "Mighty Whitey" and its the best, I am using it as much as possible now. I used to say "The Golden Knight" trope or something like "You know the stereotypical paladin?" but christ, Mighty Whitey is just so perfect. Thank you.
    The mighty whitey trope and your "stereotypical Paladin" are two, very, very different identities/tropes. For the love of god, don't go around calling the average Paladin a mighty whitey lest you end up being insulted for looking like an idiot. Not trying to offend, just attempting to spare you from looking foolish at a later date.
    Last edited by Celvira; 2022-08-03 at 06:01 PM.

It is going to be the Horde, mark my words somebody is going to get villain batted and remake the Dragon Soul. Using it to take control of all the dragons in the world to wipe out the Alliance, fuck lets just make it Magatha. She ends up getting Thunder Bluff the raid and it gets destroyed at the end, she won't even be the final raid boss. It will be that one chromatic dragon that is locked up under her control. She will, as all the other times, escape to come back later all forgiven and everybody forgiving her.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    The mighty whitey trope and your "stereotypical Paladin" are two, very, very different identities/tropes. For the love of god, don't go around calling the average Paladin a mighty whitey lest you end up being insulted for looking like an idiot. Not trying to offend, just attempting to spare you from looking foolish at a later date.
    Oh no I get you there. I've just been using that to refer to the mighty whitey this whole time, not realizing they were different. I probably should have said stereo typical knight in shining armor rather than paladin. Saying that thinking of the arch type typically used in those roles. (Like what prince charming in shrek is making fun of no?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

how is this thread still active, lol.

even inept danuser is not awful enough to make lameass turlolyon a raid boss... i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    how is this thread still active, lol.

even inept danuser is not awful enough to make lameass turlolyon a raid boss... i hope.
    I'm keeping it alive out of sheer spite for people's poor attempts at virtue-signaling and outward sexism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, my money is on the Old Gods by way of the Infinite Flight and the primalists. This will culminate with some timey-wimey shenanigans that bring back most, if not all, of the Voidy Bois.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus