Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Classic isn't getting new content, so what deployability are you talking about? A 15 year old MMO with no new content is just as repayable as any other 15 year old game.
    so you're saying black ops has as much content quests /leveling/ raids /dungeons as BC, can you level alts farm matts and play an auction house on it for extra game play?

*oh found out why no new players
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...ers_have_been/
    seems people wanted to but activison had other plans. (even on steam if they are running again the general feed back is they are glitchy).
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    so you're saying black ops has as much content quests /leveling/ raids /dungeons as BC, can you level alts farm matts and play an auction house on it for extra game play?

*oh found out why no new players
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/co...ers_have_been/
    seems people wanted to but activison had other plans. (even on steam if they are running again the general feed back is they are glitchy).
    Do you seriously think I can't dig up dozens of games that sold millions of copies that have 20 people still playing them?

I think it's pretty clear at this point that you aren't really honest. I mean that was obvious when you insisted on mmi-population and then changed your argument as soon as it said wow classic was obliterating the other old games my 20 orders of magnitude.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Do you seriously think I can't dig up dozens of games that sold millions of copies that have 20 people still playing them?

I think it's pretty clear at this point that you aren't really honest. I mean that was obvious when you insisted on mmi-population and then changed your argument as soon as it said wow classic was obliterating the other old games my 20 orders of magnitude.
    what more FPS, so even if some mmo have failed your own older post stated a old game kept the same % as wow did of old players, so what's there to be impressed about. what about 4.5% woopdedooo.

*you tried to drag in a FPS and compare it to a MMO and say I'm not being honest....
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 08:51 PM.

what more FPS, so even if some mmo have failed your own older post stated a old game kept the same % as wow did of old players, so what's there to be impressed about. what about 4.5% woopdedooo.

*you tried to drag in a FPS and compare it to a MMO and say I'm not being honest....
    Because we've already established that WoW Classic absolutely devastates every other old MMO that isn't receiving updates. Your best example was a game with 20,000 active players. There are no other MMOs to compare it to, because every comparable MMO has a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the players.
    -ynnady

Because we've already established that WoW Classic absolutely devastates every other old MMO that isn't receiving updates. Your best example was a game with 20,000 active players. There are no other MMOs to compare it to, because every comparable MMO has a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of the players.
    no we established wow classic was able to pull in more people because it had more people the first time around. (and you think somehow another old MMO could out do that when some of the original games didn't even break 500000 when they were new so being able to pull in % of players is about all to go off of, (and none of those other MMO have the marking size bliz has (which even makes the under 500000 sound worse the more I think of it.)

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I mean IMO there is literally zero reason that there needs to be multiple servers per time zone in 2022. Mega servers should definitely be a thing and they should strive for it the more people on a server the more people to play the game with.
    Kind of agree with this, however they have 2 very big problems to handle for that to work. The AH and the channels spam, it will be literally impossible to be able to read anything. The new LFG tool might help a bit but people don't change, they will still spam like mad.
    They can definitely make layering work to be very consistent so people can encounter mostly the same people.

no we established wow classic was able to pull in more people because it had more people the first time around. (and you think somehow another old MMO could out do that when some of the original games didn't even break 500000 when they were new so being able to pull in % of players is about all to go off of, (and none of those other MMO have the marking size bliz has (which even makes the under 500000 sound worse the more I think of it.)
    Your argument is "WoW Classic is doing bad, and we know this because all of the other old MMOs are doing worse".
    -ynnady

Your argument is "WoW Classic is doing bad, and we know this because all of the other old MMOs are doing worse".
    no that's what you're saying
    I'm saying wow classic is doing poorly because it could only convince 4.5% of the people that played it the first time to want to play it again.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Funny how the perception has changed.

When Classic launched and was confirmed to not group finder, people praised Blizz in angelic chorus for it.

Now they are the worst people who have ever taken breath on this planet for not putting it in WotLK Classic.
    It's even funnier if you remember LFD/LFR drama from 10-12 years ago and how Blizzard was "destroying the game" according to community back then.

Still I'm pro LFD in this case, you get convenience at the cost of quality of your average group - but these Wrath dungeons are not M+, so fail rate will be low anyway. Especially in early leveling dungeons where this tool would be most useful.

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielPV View Post
    My free time is very limited playing only in the evening when child is asleep - max 1-2 hours as I wake up early (to work). To me as a casual player it is very sad, that group finder tool will not be present (at least from final ICC patch). Played TBC Classic for few months, during this time I was in dungeon like 5 times ? Because staring in LFG chat and asking to invite for 30-60 minutes is simply not fun. Also not sure where is the social aspect in this. TBH not looking to socialize, just want to play.
    Also not sure about the new tool in WotLK Classic. I have a feeling that some classes will be picked more often (top dps classes) that others (average/below average dps classes). Also not sure where is the social aspect here.

This is just my feeling. Please do not send me to retail as that is trash. I know it is more casual friendly, but it is not fun.
    I mean you can learn to make time or just not play the game. If you are waiting 20-60mins on a server to get in a group then you play on a dead server.

So easy fix.

1: make time not excuses.
    2: should have not picked a dead server.

no that's what you're saying
    I'm saying wow classic is doing poorly because it could only convince 4.5% of the people that played it the first time to want to play it again.
    But by your numbers Everquest 1999 could only convince 4.5% of the people that played it the first time to want to play it again. So between those two, isn't the one with 20 times as many players doing better?
    -ynnady

But by your numbers Everquest 1999 could only convince 4.5% of the people that played it the first time to want to play it again. So between those two, isn't the one with 20 times as many players doing better?
    how much older is EQ and how little people played it the first time and it's doing about as good as wow classic % wise. (wow has always had more players it was made as a casual option to eq + now much older original player base to boot), still not impressive either just like WOW classic, only impressive part is it's still going being 5 years older compared to wow and the updates to the software to keep it going over all the years (5 years back then in computers was something)..

this all almost reminds me of little kid keep asking are you impressed are you impressed and desperately wants someone to pat them on the head and say yes Timmy very good... 4.5% of your old player base just is not that impressive.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 09:26 PM.

how much older is EQ and how little people played it the first time and it's doing about as good as wow. (and much older player base to boot) while alive, still not impressive either just like WOW classic, only impressive part is it's still going being 5 years older compared to wow and the updated to the software to keep it going over all the years.

this all almost reminds me of little kid keep asking are you impressed are you impressed and desperately wants someone to pat them on the head and say yes Timmy very good... 4.5% of your old player base just is not that impressive.
    Except it's not doing as good as wow classic. WoW Classic has 25 times as many players, more than the vast majority of live MMOs and more than any other classic mom on the market.

Basically your argument here is that it doesn't matter how much better wow classic does than everyone else. They could literally have more players than every other game put together and there will be a host of excuses why it doesn't count, because you are too much of a schmuck to admit you just thought the numbers were lower than they really are.
    -ynnady

Except it's not doing as good as wow classic. WoW Classic has 25 times as many players, more than the vast majority of live MMOs and more than any other classic mom on the market.

Basically your argument here is that it doesn't matter how much better wow classic does than everyone else. They could literally have more players than every other game put together and there will be a host of excuses why it doesn't count, because you are too much of a schmuck to admit you just thought the numbers were lower than they really are.
    WOW always had more players that EQ what's your point. of course any other versions of it would have smaller number than WOW (you still think a game that max at around 550000 players could pull in 500000 players now, with it being from 1999) might want to go back to comparing FPS's to MMO's...

no as usual that's seems to be your argument, my argument is WOW could only pull a measly 4.5% of the original 11 mill back to play...

WOW needs to compete with itself for the most part it had no competition at the time, and being old I'm not expecting 100% but a solid 10% would at least not be embarrassing.

**maybe a telling sign on how Blizzard view's classic BC's success, with them not wanting to keep any BC classic servers.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 09:43 PM.

WOW always had more players that EQ what's your point. of course any other versions of it would have smaller number than WOW (you still think a game that max at around 550000 players could pull in 500000 players now, with it being from 1999) might want to go back to comparing FPS's to MMO's...

no as usual that's seems to be your argument, my argument is WOW could only pull a measly 4.5% of the original 11 mill back to play...

WOW needs to compete with itself for the most part it had no competition at the time, and being old I'm not expecting 100% but a solid 10% would at least not be embarrassing.

**maybe a telling sign on how Blizzard view's classic BC's success, with them not wanting to keep any BC classic servers.
    Right, success is being #1 except when its classic wow, which has to be better than #1 too be successful. Keep clownin'.
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    You would think that by now they would realise that their stupid "Social Interaction" push isn't working and trying to force it wont work either but simply drive away players that they need playing their game.

Just a hint Blizz . .I dont want to fucking interact with 90% of the wow player base as is, I force myself to do the bare minimum required to get through pugs and groups ...thank fuck Voice Comms are not required for DPS.
    I don't disagree with the sentiment, but I still enjoy playing the game even without RDF.

RDF just makes it a much more passive and easy process to find groups for the content I want to participate in.

As you allude to, the end result is almost identical for players like me and you. Most of the time, I'll interact with people the bare minimum amount necessary to get a group to do that content. I'll use chat as necessary, crack a joke or two if the group is fun, or stfu and just do my job if the group is like that...whether I used LFG chat and the LFG tool or RDF to randomly find a group.

I seriously do not understand how big of a deal they're trying to make RDF as some anti-community tool. It's not, and trying to FORCE community doesn't really help either. As fantastically amazeballs as having a thriving community is, it doesn't mean shit if I can't participate in the game content I pay to participate in. I know some will disparage this comment, but whatever...I have a fluctuating schedule and need to be able to sign in and just play at whatever time I can and do the content in order to enjoy the game enough to keep my sub. RDF let's me do that easily. Without it, it's VERY hit or miss.

So we'll see. As I said, I am still able to enjoy the game without RDF, but RDF just makes it so much easier.

Right, success is being #1 except when its classic wow, which has to be better than #1 too be successful. Keep clownin'.
    on it's own as a MMO it's not #1 (and as being #1 rehashed as for as % go it seems to be average, the numbers are only bigger because they were bigger the first time around nothing more than that, and even with that it can't even draw back a whole 5% of the people that played it the first time, hell as I said blizzard can't even justify keeping a few BC servers running.

on it's own as a MMO it's not #1 (and as being #1 rehashed as for as % go it seems to be average, the numbers are only bigger because they were bigger the first time around nothing more than that, and even with that it can't even draw back a whole 5% of the people that played it the first time, hell as I said blizzard can't even justify keeping a few BC servers running.
    This is like if a band put an album out and it was the #1 record, and then 20 years later they put out a re-issue and it's the #1 re-issue of the year but you say it's a failure because it sold less than when it was initially released. This is the clown show argument you are making because it hurts your feelings that wow classic has been such a wild success and crushed every other classic MMO on the market.
    -ynnady

This is like if a band put an album out and it was the #1 record, and then 20 years later they put out a re-issue and it's the #1 re-issue of the year but you say it's a failure because it sold less than when it was initially released. This is the clown show argument you are making because it hurts your feelings that wow classic has been such a wild success and crushed every other classic MMO on the market.
    right apple to snow tires, last I checked once you by a album you can keep playing it and the artist can't upgrade it to a different set of songs after you bought it.

Maybe try FPS - MMO's again?

(you're the one that seems crushed there are people not impressed with 4.5% customer draw back.)
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-08-11 at 09:56 PM.

right apple to snow tires, last I checked once you by a album you can keep playing it and the artist can't upgrade it to a different set of songs after you bought it.

Maybe try FPS - MMO's again?
    When we compare it to other classic MMOs you say it's a failure because it only has 25 times more players. So don't whine when I compare it to other things, since the 1:1 comparison you have a whole host of bullshit excuses for why having 25 times more players is failure. Being the #1 is failure. Crushing the competition is failure.
    -ynnady