Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Services Advertisement Policy

New Services Advertisement Policy
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    This week the 9.2.7 update introduces the new chat channel: Trade (Services). The Trade (Services) chat channel is used for searching and advertising services like raiding, dungeons, or PvP activities, keeping the original Trade chat channel available for traditional buying and selling of items and profession services.

With the separation of trade services into its own chat channel, a new policy will take place. Any boosting, carrying, or other similar services offered for gold that’s advertised outside of the Trade (Services) chat channel will be considered spam and the proper actions will be taken, so be sure to switch your service advertisements to the new chat channel when it becomes available after this week’s regional maintenance.

Report, report, report. Take that time. Stamp it out so they have no excuse.

Good guy Blizzard coming around throwing out actual QoL changes right before their next expansion releases.

This will change nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    This will change nothing....
    Agree, throwaway accounts will still spam /2
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Guess I'll need to change my signature here.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Agree, throwaway accounts will still spam /2
    sure but it will still cut down on the spam a lot as pretty much anyone who wants to make gold is boosting

So the solution to curtail gold services is to create its very own channel so people can post their gold services? Brilliant SMH That's how San Fran is battling the drug abuse problems, by giving them their own space to continue using. Winner winner chicken dinner.
    Last edited by Weilyn; 2022-08-16 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weilyn View Post
    So the solution to curtail gold services is to create its very own channel so people can post their gold services? Brilliant SMH That's how San Fran is battling the drug abuse problems, by giving them their own space to continue using. Winner winner chicken dinner.
    These two things are not NEARLY equivalent, but I think you know that.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Given that safe injection sites have been in use for years and tend to only have beneficial effects copying such a method to cut down of boosting spam absolutely seems like a good idea
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

As they said a couple weeks ago when they announced that a services channel will be comming with 9.2.7, the services channel will be off by default. If you want to find a boost or other service, you have to join that channel. Forcing you to join that channel instead of putting you in it by default will do a lot. Also that new services channel is their only allowed place to advertise. Advertising in any other channel or the group finder is considered spam and can lead to a ban if enough people report it.

I only hope that Blizzard will clean up the normal trade chat. It's filled with guild recruitment and general chat. General chat doesn't bother me that much but guild recruitment should get its own channel similar to services. Especially now, at the end of this expansion, it's filled with guilds looking for new people to fill up their ranks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if they'd do something like this in Classic...

i sometime wish parole ''Mörning'' and stuff like ''Hope you have a great (day)'' i cant do that anymore now?

I don't see how this will fix anything. Like I don't see these ads moving to the new channel, because the majority (95%+) of these carry ads are done by level 1s, which is automatically reportable and bannable already anyway. So we're already reporting them now because they aren't advertising on the character that will do the actual content and after this update we'll report them for the same thing and also for being in the wrong channel.

Did they say they want to curtail gold services?
    Only heard using gold for services is ok.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I imagine the reason you are confused is thinking that Blizzard is looking to curtail gold services. It's always been clear that they wanted to cut down on the Trade channel spam. It's clear that RMT is a no-no. It's been clear to me anyway that stopping boosting was never the plan. Gold transactions like boosting in the game and advertisement of it was never really in danger. It just needed to be moved to where it could more easily be ignored if someone wasn't interested in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Did they say they want to curtail gold services?
    Only heard using gold for services is ok.
    No, they never said that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

A bit of an overexaggerated example, but yes: Stuff like that works and is better for the addicts and their environment.
    Example of this type of practice in the real world: https://www.reddit.com/r/interesting..._for_cleaning/
    The first comment has the translated article.

This is one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

No, they never said that.
    Thought as much, kinda of weird complaining it's not doing what they never said they were trying to do. *shrug*
    Guess it's quite common that people make things up and then be mad about it around here however.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Drugs destroy lives when boosting is just annoying because it pollutes the usual trades. They do not bring the same problems and thus, the answer to those problems doesn't have the same impact even if it's the same.