Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    yeah but i paid for it....
    i started in march 2005 so i bought EVERY expansion, now they are rolled into subscription, and every expansion was on sale dozens of times before that
    when did you start playing? if it was after vanila then you surely had some of the expansions cheaper or free, so now please calculate how much less you paid than us who had to buy every one and send that much money to blizz, otherwise its not fair to us! /s

someone getting something for free TWO YEARS after you paid for it doesnt hurt you, if you feel like it does you are just a selfish prick, nothing lethal or unusual, you can move on with your life

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    So giving away the base game and boost isn't enough?
    That's of no benefit to players who bought SL and left. There's a large audience out there that might be interested in trying out SL again now that a ton of changes have happened to the game. Pair that with the DF hype that's building and you have the ability for Blizzard to see people resub an additional month. Plus, if a release date is announced while they're subbed and information comes out about a pre-patch, then people are going to be more likely to stay subbed up through the pre-patch. Assuming the date is near that November mark that was leaked.

They should make the game free to play until the newest expansion content imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    That's of no benefit to players who bought SL and left. There's a large audience out there that might be interested in trying out SL again now that a ton of changes have happened to the game. Pair that with the DF hype that's building and you have the ability for Blizzard to see people resub an additional month. Plus, if a release date is announced while they're subbed and information comes out about a pre-patch, then people are going to be more likely to stay subbed up through the pre-patch. Assuming the date is near that November mark that was leaked.
    They should make the game sub free until the expansion releases if they want to create some good will with the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Holy goddamn. What a desperate attempt at trying to keep people from playing 6.2.
    GW2 was also launching on Steam this week too, not that it mattered much given how there was literally no marketing for the Steam launch.

Can new accounts get this? My wife may want to play.

I can already get free dog crap in my back yard.

Giving me Shadowlands made me want to give the game BACK TO Blizzard. Maybe they should offer something besides a trip to literal HELL!!!

apparently its per battlenet only, not per game license. booooo. ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post

They should make the game sub free until the expansion releases if they want to create some good will with the player base.
    IMO, that's not going to generate any good will. The issue with Blizzard regarding WoW has been the quality of the expansions, not the pricing of their game or sub. The best way to generate good will right now is to make sure DF is a solid expansion and actually makes the changes to the game that needs to happen.

IMO, that's not going to generate any good will. The issue with Blizzard regarding WoW has been the quality of the expansions, not the pricing of their game or sub. The best way to generate good will right now is to make sure DF is a solid expansion and actually makes the changes to the game that needs to happen.
    22 bucks a month to play a single game is quite absurd though.

In what currency do pay 22 bucks? Canadian Rupees as Linus says?

Obviously that varies by region. Regardless, it still stands that the direction of the game and the design decisions for WoW have been the long standing issues. Doing right by the game and the players will really be the only thing to generate substantial good will. While that may be steep for a game that you buy repeatedly per expansion, the reality is that they have a cost of business and their servers are of extremely high quality. Wanna see a good example of servers on their way out go check out LotRO.

Quote Originally Posted by blastfromthepast View Post
    In what currency do pay 22 bucks? Canadian Rupees as Linus says?
    Yeah in Canadian. I stopped playing a little into shadowlands because of the price and the quality of the game. When you have 2 people in your household playing wow that's $44 a month plus expansion prices that's insane to me so we stopped playing and I went with gamepass ultimate as I get 100's of games for like 80$ a year.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously that varies by region. Regardless, it still stands that the direction of the game and the design decisions for WoW have been the long standing issues. Doing right by the game and the players will really be the only thing to generate substantial good will. While that may be steep for a game that you buy repeatedly per expansion, the reality is that they have a cost of business and their servers are of extremely high quality. Wanna see a good example of servers on their way out go check out LotRO.
    There's no justification for the monthly price being that high and in all honesty people are willing to pay it that is the only reason why it's that high.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    GW2 was also launching on Steam this week too, not that it mattered much given how there was literally no marketing for the Steam launch.
    Eh? I saw a lot on my FB feed and YouTube ads

There's no justification for the monthly price being that high and in all honesty people are willing to pay it that is the only reason why it's that high.
    I'm curious, how do you figure it's too much?

I'm curious, how do you figure it's too much?
    The value of what you get for what you pay with other services providing infinately more content for less each month like gamepass, or even netflix and similar services.

As I said 22CAD is quite a lot for a single game on top of 65CAD expansions every 2 years. Tokens also are not a solution because it is like working a second job just to play free every month and then the game is just no fun at that point.

Ascension has me covered for my classic WoW fix if I need it but something has to change or many people are not coming back this time around with Dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Wowee, free Shadowlands right as a major Final Fantasy 14 patch is coming out. What a coincidence!
    I'd wager the WoW players who left for FFXIV are the last people WoW wants to get back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gonzajd777 View Post
    yeah but i paid for it....
    this is FREE SL and FREE boost...
    at least the boost should be for everyone

this does not feels rigth being a regular player who keep playing when the game was a shitbag (and still is)

i mean, im cool with people coming back but again its feel weird ... looks like they take their player base for granted and i dont think they should do it (we didnt get any changed yet)
    Entitled much? Jesus man. You sound like the kind of guy that calls cable companies to bitch about new customer promotions after having the service for 37 years.

The value of what you get for what you pay with other services providing infinately more content for less each month like gamepass, or even netflix and similar services.

As I said 22CAD is quite a lot for a single game on top of 65CAD expansions every 2 years. Tokens also are not a solution because it is like working a second job just to play free every month and then the game is just no fun at that point.

Ascension has me covered for my classic WoW fix if I need it but something has to change or many people are not coming back this time around with Dragonflight.
    Unfortunately, none of this has anything to do with the costs of running a server or how much Blizzard puts into the server monthly. Not alone mentioning making a profit on the service. And until we have those numbers, we all have to make a personal judgment call about the costs of the game.

If you don't value the service at what they're asking, don't pay. I certainly don't. You're right, it is expensive and if you don't feel like having to grind AP and leggos is worth the sub, don't pay. If you don't like the direction the game is going, don't buy the expansions. If the other companies make a better product that you enjoy, take your money there. Blizzard is not entitled to your money.

But I'm totally lost as to what this conversation has to do with earning the good will of the players.

Can confirm you neither need to resub nor have WoW installed to redeem the gift.

Unfortunately, none of this has anything to do with the costs of running a server or how much Blizzard puts into the server monthly. Not alone mentioning making a profit on the service. And until we have those numbers, we all have to make a personal judgment call about the costs of the game.

If you don't value the service at what they're asking, don't pay. I certainly don't. You're right, it is expensive and if you don't feel like having to grind AP and leggos is worth the sub, don't pay. If you don't like the direction the game is going, don't buy the expansions. If the other companies make a better product that you enjoy, take your money there. Blizzard is not entitled to your money.

But I'm totally lost as to what this conversation has to do with earning the good will of the players.
    Giving back to the players who've spent so much time investing much time invested in the game a year of game time would be sweet for people like me who have been playing since the beginning. Free shit will always earn you goodwill goodwill but they're too cheap to give away shit for free, and I can guarantee you the server costs and maintenance are nowhere near what they bring in from the monthly subs.