Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    "Million dollar idea, lets spend money on buying the rights for this so I can write a story that has nothing to do with it."
    Wonder when it will hit people that buying an IP to not use it seems like a waste of money.

Didn't surprise me it got cancelled.
    Logic would dictate that you'd make a show that the fans of the franchise would want to watch, so that you recoup the cost of getting the license. Whoever let the script for the show make it to production should certainly be canned, along with the producers.

I feel for the cast, it's not their fault the writing was garbage and a lot of the production was half assed. How hard is it to just make a show that is faithful to the brand? Even if it has an entirely different narrative, so long as it is suspenseful and has horror elements in it, it would have done well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

Not AT ALL suprising......
    Go woke.

Go broke.

1. A streaming service that continually ups its rates, thus causing people to cancel using it.
    2. A series that, imo was shit due to once again using the story of a beloved game, but changing around things to tell a different, revised story.
    3. Said streaming service generally cancels a series if it can't continually bring in new watchers.

I am shocked, SHOCKED that this series only got one season. /s

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post

Not AT ALL suprising......
    I feel kinda bad for Reddick. His character was the only interesting one in the entire series. Torn between his family, work and passion, having to deal with his past and trying to do the right thing despite it. Well, until the "big reveal" at least, where everything regarding Wesker lost much of its meaning.

The other characters were generic at best, so no real loss here.

I feel that if Netflix really wants to try a Resi series again, then focussing on the scientists (somewhat good guys) vs Umbrella (evil greedy corporation) with Horror elements would be way better than doing another random zombie film with teenage drama mixed in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I feel kinda bad for Reddick. His character was the only interesting one in the entire series. Torn between his family, work and passion, having to deal with his past and trying to do the right thing despite it. Well, until the "big reveal" at least, where everything regarding Wesker lost much of its meaning.

The other characters were generic at best, so no real loss here.

I feel that if Netflix really wants to try a Resi series again, then focussing on the scientists (somewhat good guys) vs Umbrella (evil greedy corporation) with Horror elements would be way better than doing another random zombie film with teenage drama mixed in.
    Yea I agree, I am not familiar with his work outside this, but I hope to see him in more stuff the guy is a good actor. Felt kinda wasted on this show, but if anythign good can come from it... :P

On topic how hard is it to write a show based on some police officers stuck in a mansion full of undead.

Its a more pomp and camp version of Night of the Living Dead. Come on Hollywood! There was a Fighting Fantasy adventure book called House of Hell that has been a better adaptation of Resident Evil than all the resident Evil movies (although funny enough the House of Hell book came out 12 years before the Resident Evil game but I digress)
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-08-31 at 09:33 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Yea I agree, I am not familiar with his work outside this, but I hope to see him in more stuff the guy is a good actor. Felt kinda wasted on this show, but if anythign good can come from it... :P

On topic how hard is it to write a show based on some police officers stuck in a mansion full of undead.

Its a more pomp and camp version of Night of the Living Dead. Come on Hollywood! There was a Fighting Fantasy adventure book called House of Hell that has been a better adaptation of Resident Evil than all the resident Evil movies (although funny enough the House of Hell book came out 12 years before the Resident Evil game but I digress)
    Watch The Wire and Fringe if you want to see Reddick in something really good.