Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Thanks, I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Main gameplay is button mash combat... talent system... crafting stat sticks... *snore*. Not quite what I envisoned being a wizard in a the wizarding world would be like.

Would be cool if the potion alchemy gameplay was engaging like Kingdom Come Deliverance's, but I doubt it will be.

I'm not into the bland aesthetic look of the game, though.

This is looking like Dragon Age but with a thin veneer of Harry Potter over it.

Well, I've said this before, but... they really should have explored one of those other wizarding schools. Not Hogwarts, which has been overexposed for two decades. It's not exciting anymore. A brand new location could bring a sense of genuine discovery, of excitement. Something fresh.

*snip*
    You said it well. The bland aesthetic is pretty strong with the characters' faces and some of the voice-lines. The "student's" voice is particularly annoying to hear say Accio 5 times in a row and for the rest of the video is grating, to put it mildly.

Clearly they had an idea, but this delivery is poor, indeed.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    But why...?
    Because the creator is a piece of bigoted, harmful garbage and deserves nothing. Because the lead designer was such a piece of garbage that they had to remove him after everyone found out what a piece of garbage he was. Maybe because this game caters to people's inner Nazi by allowing them to subjugate and crush the Jewish caricatures that HP offers up?/

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Because the creator is a piece of bigoted, harmful garbage and deserves nothing. Because the lead designer was such a piece of garbage that they had to remove him after everyone found out what a piece of garbage he was. Maybe because this game caters to people's inner Nazi by allowing them to subjugate and crush the Jewish caricatures that HP offers up?/
    Ill buy 2 copies to make up for the loss of you not buying it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    But why...?
    Because cancel culture fools convinced themselves that J.K. Rowling, an author that tackled enormous issues of children suffering discrimination, bullying, parental abuse and many other things is apparently a biggot.

Reminds me of the Christian controversy were fools convinced themselves the books were spreading heresy....a set of books with heavy Christian themes written by a Christian....but well witches right?
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Ill buy 2 copies to make up for the loss of you not buying it
    Ok? And?

I mean, if you just want to throw your money away to show how much you support bigotry and antisemitism that's totally your right. Have fun at the white hood rally!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok? And?

I mean, if you just want to throw your money away to show how much you support bigotry and antisemitism that's totally your right. Have fun at the white hood rally!
    Buying this game doesn't mean you are bigoted. It just means you like the game. But go ahead and virtue signal.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok? And?

The orange slices at our kkk ralies are delicious

Ok? And?

I don't agree with the TERF takes Rowling has but it wouldn't stop be from enjoying the world she created if I cared about it. The same way I can enjoy LOTR even though Tolkien was more then likely a bigot himself.

If the bad takes aren't part of the works there is no relation to the works. Sorry you missed that while you took all that time to stand on your soap box and virtue signal.

I was hyped about this game when it was first announced but the gameplay wasn't as impressive as I had hoped. Not a game I'm gonna preorder but will most likely get discounted further down the line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

Folks, keep discussion about the game, please. This is the videogame forum for videogame discussion, not discussing authors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anelya View Post
    I was hyped about this game when it was first announced but the gameplay wasn't as impressive as I had hoped. Not a game I'm gonna preorder but will most likely get discounted further down the line.
    It's published by wb so it always gonna have generic modern western gameplay, but i just wanna walk around a giant castle casting flippendo at all the dweebs

Ok? And?

Blizzard have had the most sexual assault allegations than any gaming company in history and have people actually kill themselves, but millions of people still pay for their games, and you are supporting them commenting on a wow fan site.
    Chronomancer Club

I just hope there is no 3 year delay or something like that.

Thank you, I am going to buy it even harder. I love making certain people angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    * work in progress *

I looks really well done and alot of fun things to do and callback to previous potter games.

My concern is.. will every feature have the same or variable dev time?. There are so much features that it becomes scary if they are halfassed or executed fairly. I hope it turns out great.. this is exactly what potter fans wanted for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    It's published by wb so it always gonna have generic modern western gameplay, but i just wanna walk around a giant castle casting flippendo at all the dweebs
    Guess that's true.

And yes, I get that feeling. I'm not a HUGE Harry Potter fan but the movies and books make it into such a cosy environment (for the most part) that I'd love to be able to just walk around and take it all in. It'll be awesome if they can bring that feeling into the game :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithrilina
    Do we girls get an E.B.O.O.B.S. (Equipment-Based OverpOwered Best-in-Slot) number?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anelya View Post
    Guess that's true.

And yes, I get that feeling. I'm not a HUGE Harry Potter fan but the movies and books make it into such a cosy environment (for the most part) that I'd love to be able to just walk around and take it all in. It'll be awesome if they can bring that feeling into the game :>
    I also fell out of the fandom after order of the pheonix so i dont really know anything about the extended universe stuff. If you can play philosiphers stone and chamber of secrets on ps1/gamecube, they are super comfy and give that feeling even as an adult cause i only replayed them a few years ago

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It’d be nice if brewing potions was more than just menus and timers. For the first one at least.
    Yea, I mean if u are really into certain parts, like flying or potions/brewing for that matter I hope you will be able to dive deeper into it and not something that feels ok, but you wished it had more to it. With this crazy amount of features.. how BIG is this game for real? do we get talent trees and stuff?

So much questions.. maybe I am out of the loop, but how will this work. Will you be able to choose a class or is is just part of the story. If you are able to attend, will you be able to gain some kind of rep or skill level for better rewards? With the announcement of seasonal weather, I assume we pass a year and progressing into the story. How will this effect if you for example, miss classes? can you miss or kipp classes?

I think I need to read up more, I am so confused.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-03-20 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea, I mean if u are really into certain parts, like flying or potions/brewing for that matter I hope you will be able to dive deeper into it and not something that feels ok, but you wished it had more to it. With this crazy amount of features.. how BIG is this game for real? do we get talent trees and stuff?

So much questions.. maybe I am out of the loop, but how will this work. Will you be able to choose a class or is is just part of the story. If you are able to attend, will you be able to gain some kind of rep or skill level for better rewards? With the announcement of seasonal weather, I assume we pass a year and progressing into the story. How will this effect if you for example, miss classes? can you miss or kipp classes?

I think I need to read up more, I am so confused.
    We do get talant tress, it was in the video, but we do not know if it is with choices or just get enough points to select everything,
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

They showed previews of the House commons rooms earlier this week. I must say I like the design of the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms. This might be the first Wizarding World set game I am interested in playing

Ravenclaw

Hufflepuff

Slytherin

Gryffindor
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    They showed previews of the House commons rooms earlier this week. I must say I like the design of the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw common rooms. This might be the first Wizarding World set game I am interested in playing
    Damn, those are impressive. Really like the details, especially with how spooky the Slytherin room looks.

I'm keeping my eye on this game. Might have to pick it up.