Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Of course you can. Do duty roulettes for tomestones with which you can buy the second highest iLvl gear in the game. You're the one who's lying.

Are you really so afraid of people switching over to FFXIV that you have to lie about one of its most appealing features?
    You can get max lvl heroic gear from just valor and rating you dont even have to time dungeons to get, You can get the second highest ilvl in the game for doing mythic+15s which apart from one or two weeks at the start of each season are pretty damn easy. In DF you'll be able to straight up craft 5 mythic ilvl pieces, so it's even easier to max out.

The issue with wow is the randomness of gear, not that no one has access to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I agree. It's just going to be hard to hit a homerun for every sort of different player that WoW is supposed to appeal to unless they don't make us *have* to engage with all of the different systems to enjoy our slice of the PIE.

So for instance levelling, those cutscenes should have a skip button for alts, which I won't be pressing, but many people would be annoyed to have to re-do it and sit there waiting on alts.

M+ should be totally optional and not a required part of the optimal gearing loop for raids. Stuff like that where your enjoyment of the game isn't hindered by being optimally required to do content islands you don't enjoy.

I think that would make people enjoy the game that WoW is for them more. Because what WoW is, changes for everyone.
    No but focus on the biggest part of your playerbase, which is most obvious the social aspect. Focus on stuff that they stopped focussing on.
    I already am seeing improvements, Talent Tree, Professions, UI, i legit hope for a world revamp and re-use of other features that kinda became useless over the years.

This game revolves more then M+ and Raiding.
    The game used to offer alot more then just PvE, it offered PVP, RP too.
    When was last time Blizzard actually motivated the PvP aspect of the game? Try to return WPvP, give faction leader weekly loot that can be dropped or mounts, give people reasons to do outdoor content. Like it's easy to come up with game breaking immersive stuff but instead they only focus on endgame and PvE related chores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    So far it looks alright but not for a long term player and Blizzard is yet again focussing on their end-game playerbase only. I'm really not sure why they don't seem to "get it" its just baffling at this point. They introduce all these things for people to do but then put up road blocks to make it only available for a select few.. JUST WHY BLIZZARD?
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    No but focus on the biggest part of your playerbase, which is most obvious the social aspect. Focus on stuff that they stopped focussing on.
    I already am seeing improvements, Talent Tree, Professions, UI, i legit hope for a world revamp and re-use of other features that kinda became useless over the years.

This game revolves more then M+ and Raiding.
    The game used to offer alot more then just PvE, it offered PVP, RP too.
    When was last time Blizzard actually motivated the PvP aspect of the game? Try to return WPvP, give faction leader weekly loot that can be dropped or mounts, give people reasons to do outdoor content. Like it's easy to come up with game breaking immersive stuff but instead they only focus on endgame and PvE related chores.
    Theres a reason for this, you can see it on this website. Anytime anyone suggests any sort of RP or anything not raiding their raiding and m+ community froth at the mouth. Suggest housing "WOW DUSNT NEED HOUSING THIS ISNT THE SIMS" Housing alone could breath life into old and new content by giving non power related rewards. The easiest wins is new hairstyles as rewards that fit all races. More tmog items. A gear progression outside of m+ and raiding would be nice. That equals that level of gear. EQUALS. The raiding community get so upset that their gear dare not be the best, which is another reason the game takes a hit. Casual people who dont raid or mythic+ deserve power progression for the content they do too. Its not fun to have nothing to go toward nor is it fun the Wolf A. Still takes 2mins to kill because your gear is stuck at Ilvl x. Even tho Wolf A is content you do the most.

Then PVP they lock out the highest ilvl set to people who only do rate for some reason, Like why? It already takes 3x as long for non rated players to gear in pvp why also lock them out of ilvl? I mean if the rated person is better at pvp they wil still win so why do they also need to outgear a casual person?

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    You can get max lvl heroic gear from just valor and rating you dont even have to time dungeons to get, You can get the second highest ilvl in the game for doing mythic+15s which apart from one or two weeks at the start of each season are pretty damn easy. In DF you'll be able to straight up craft 5 mythic ilvl pieces, so it's even easier to max out.

The issue with wow is the randomness of gear, not that no one has access to it.
    So you're saying that m+ is queued matchmade content like in FFXIV? I'm pretty sure it isn't

So you're saying that m+ is queued matchmade content like in FFXIV? I'm pretty sure it isn't
    God forbid you have to actually interact with other ppl in a mmo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhrrngt View Post
    Theres a reason for this, you can see it on this website. Anytime anyone suggests any sort of RP or anything not raiding their raiding and m+ community froth at the mouth. Suggest housing "WOW DUSNT NEED HOUSING THIS ISNT THE SIMS" Housing alone could breath life into old and new content by giving non power related rewards. The easiest wins is new hairstyles as rewards that fit all races. More tmog items. A gear progression outside of m+ and raiding would be nice. That equals that level of gear. EQUALS. The raiding community get so upset that their gear dare not be the best, which is another reason the game takes a hit. Casual people who dont raid or mythic+ deserve power progression for the content they do too. Its not fun to have nothing to go toward nor is it fun the Wolf A. Still takes 2mins to kill because your gear is stuck at Ilvl x. Even tho Wolf A is content you do the most.

Then PVP they lock out the highest ilvl set to people who only do rate for some reason, Like why? It already takes 3x as long for non rated players to gear in pvp why also lock them out of ilvl? I mean if the rated person is better at pvp they wil still win so why do they also need to outgear a casual person?
    Because they only look at that 1% and that is just bad game design. As someone pointed out before why focus on only your endgame user when you can focus on them all. Raiding is more then fine and can take a patch with just minimum amount of content. Give some extra love to PvP or anything else.

I want WoW to be WoW again. Do you know what i mean? The quality content we received from Vanilla up till Mists of Pandaria. I just wanna be able to hang in a town and legit have fun. That is what WoW used to offer to anyone.

Now it's just the top tier scene that gets some love and rest just have to enjoy old content that we been doing for 18 years.
    It's literally MoP but with the updated systems

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    It's literally MoP but with the updated systems
    MoP is considered one of best expansions and my all time favorite so that is a good thing.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that a lot of stuff is still not in the beta.. so it’s hard to fully tell at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Let me put it simple. Imagine eating a can of beans every at each meal, knowing that the only alternative is tree bark.

Like seriously, if you quit WoW what else are you gonna play? Some Korean weebfest MMO? Some horrendous P2W MMO? Some MMO that is already dead? Or perhaps play a single player game...for like a week.

Don't kid yourself, WoW is the best MMO that is currently on the market. Unless of course you're one of these FFXIV fans or the fan of some MMO that may be unplugged any day now, like GW2, in which case you should probably play those and not troll a WoW oriented forum. And you WILL play WoW for the foreseeable future no matter how bad it is, because even a bad expansion is still better than other MMOs.
    What a retarded and ignorant take. You sound like you never left 2009. People are quitting the mmo market as a whole. They will play any of the other games out there. There is more to life than wow, ffxiv or gw2.
    Chronomancer Club

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    God forbid you have to actually interact with other ppl in a mmo
    First, nothing about M+ causes it to have more player interaction. Unless you count bitching at each other for everyone else sucking I mean, wow, you pick people from a list rather than letting the game pick them ... much interaction.

Second, that's not even the point Echo was making. In FFXIV the second-best gear in the game is available to people who don't want that manual grouping experience, opening up the content to a wider variety of players rather than screaming "git gud! git sozial!" at everyone different than yourself and running them off.

Said it was easy, I didnt say shit about queued and matchmade.

If that's why you like it then say so, thought this was about potential for getting mythic equivalent loot.

What you want is lfr for mythic gear - which is fine to want, but dont frame it dishonestly

Quote Originally Posted by BreakerOfWills View Post
    Said it was easy, I didnt say shit about queued and matchmade.

If that's why you like it then say so, thought this was about potential for getting mythic equivalent loot.

What you want is lfr for mythic gear - which is fine to want, but dont frame it dishonestly
    Yeah but I did, why do you jump in to a conversation about a certain thing and start talking about a completely different thing.

Badge gear (in FFXIV and past iterations of WoW) were/is:
    * Weekly cap of currency
    * Second highest iLvl in the game bought with that currency
    * Currency obtainable from queued or solo content (or premade content if you preferred that)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Massive amount of derivative things. There is nothing inherently new in Dragonflight besides Evoker.
    Nothing is new ever then.
    Flying was not new in TBC as it was just derivative of ground mounts and swimming
    heroic dungeons were not new because they were derivative of normal dungeons
    hardmodes were not new because they were derivative of normal modes.
    Paladin becoming horde and shaman becoming alliance were not new, they were derivative of their vanilla selves.
    Wotlk making "all specs viable" was not new, it was derivative of the specs prior.

Reminder, these are the examples YOU gave of "NEW THINGS"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    TBC added flying and heroic dungeons, two "new" classes for each faction and two new races. WotLK added an original class while making all specs viable, adding hard modes to raids etc. - now it might not look like much, but it was another time.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Dungeons like this two months from release? I dunno, I could have sworn for SL and BFA it was just bug fixes and tuning more so at this stage.
    1- where did you get the idea we are 2 months from release?
    2- yes, having done the shadowlands and BFA alpha/beta, yes, that is how it works, even if stuff is still buggy in the expansion during the prepatch, that still gives time to fix them before live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    i'd say it was announced kind of bland looking, it was looking better and better and i became hopeful again, and then blizz started dying on stupid hills again so i expect another trash expac. seriously, no one cares if a dracthyr has a racial ability that lets them fly a bit faster for a period that's on a cd. let alone pet battling being a core reason why they nerfed it and haven't un-nerfed it yet...
    ???
    They did unnerf it, it actually got buffed, its speed was reduced a bit, but its cooldown was reduced from 5 minutes to 2.
    Also "A bit faster" bro idk what world ya live in that being able to do something three times faster ten anyone else is "a bit" faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Honestly I'm happy so far. It's too early to judge definitively though yet. I need to see the m+ dungeons in full, the draonriding, and the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    allied races= not a legion feature, it was a BFA feature, please dont try to bullshit.
    The first allied races are from 7.3.5, so technically a Legion feature.

Not really, MoP was stable around 7.7M active subscribers for 1 full year (I know the exact Quarter reports still) and then dipped little bit just to jump back to over 10M with the announcement of WoD. While Cata surfered a quarter loss from begin to end of Cataclysm. So no Cataclysm was worse.

Then WoD came and lost over 50% playerbase in 1 quarter time. Everything MoP worked on to repair was completely shattered by 1 shit expansion.
    The gentleman you responded to showed you a graph proving you wrong :

Cata started at 12M and dipped down to around 9M, only to regain a bit of users just before the release of MOP. That's a 3M lose.

MOP started at 10M and dipped down to around 7M, only to regain a bit of users just before the release of WOD. That's a 3M lose too.
    MMO Champs :

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    The first allied races are from 7.3.5, so technically a Legion feature.

The gentleman you responded to showed you a graph proving you wrong :

Cata started at 12M and dipped down to around 9M, only to regain a bit of users just before the release of MOP. That's a 3M lose.

MOP started at 10M and dipped down to around 7M, only to regain a bit of users just before the release of WOD. That's a 3M lose too.
    They required you to buy BFA, because they were from the BFA pre-purchase, yeah they released in legion, but thats like saying the dragonflight collectors edition mount is from shadowlands, cause you could obtain it before dragonflight was playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They required you to buy BFA, because they were from the BFA pre-purchase, yeah they released in legion, but thats like saying the dragonflight collectors edition mount is from shadowlands, cause you could obtain it before dragonflight was playable.
    Oh alright, I was still levelling at that point so I didn't really paid attention to it. My apologies and thanks for the info
    MMO Champs :

The new talent trees really makes the classes more fun and adds alot more variety, Dragonriding feels terrible at early levels but gets better as you unlock more talents for it, dungeons are fine, outdoor world content is more of the same old - legion wq's (the blue kill x rare ones) were still far superior than what they put in DF.

Overall I love the art and class trees but Im not too excited for the rest, dragonriding is fun when you glide down and gain momentum but after playing beta for a week I really wanted to fly my normal mounts again.

Really hope the next beta builds add more outdoor stuff thats new and fun.