I unlocked it back during Legion - what happened?

Apologies, I did search the forum before asking, and even googled, but I'm not seeing the answer to my question. I just logged in after a few years away, logged into my druid alt who was never my main, and notice he's not a werebear anymore! I found the spot to change skins, and see where I still have it selected. I even still have the artifact equipped because I haven't played this toon since Legion. Do I have to earn the form all over again? I did see about earning it in TW, but hey I already earned it!

Or is there a way to turn it back on for those of us who earned it back then already?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    You can't earn it again, it's gone just like all the other MT appearances. You change skins at the barber now.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

You can change it at barber shop now.

Yes, you barber shop the skins now. This includes cat skins too.

Another bonus is, you can make those barber forms take place even if not in Guardian spec. So like you can be Balance spec and go to bear form and be Werebear if you set it at the barber.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Apologies, I did search the forum before asking, and even googled, but I'm not seeing the answer to my question. I just logged in after a few years away, logged into my druid alt who was never my main, and notice he's not a werebear anymore! I found the spot to change skins, and see where I still have it selected. I even still have the artifact equipped because I haven't played this toon since Legion. Do I have to earn the form all over again? I did see about earning it in TW, but hey I already earned it!

Or is there a way to turn it back on for those of us who earned it back then already?

As melzas said, you now choose your druid forms at the barber shop. All of them, not just the artifact options but other options you may have earned like the fire cat.

Nvm - I found it finally in an old Blizz forum. Werebear restored. Going to the barbershop was just a tad easier than re-learning how to do the Mage Tower challenge lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all who directed me to barbershop.

it's been a while since I played my druid but I think the forms you learn from glyphs now go into barbershop too. it's a bit confusing for returning to the class, but a handy change

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nvm - I found it finally in an old Blizz forum. Werebear restored. Going to the barbershop was just a tad easier than re-learning how to do the Mage Tower challenge lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks all who directed me to barbershop.
    Which would also be impossible since you cannot obtain the OG werebear skin anymore. The one you'd get from TW MT is the black/fel green version.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Which would also be impossible since you cannot obtain the OG werebear skin anymore. The one you'd get from TW MT is the black/fel green version.
    ? I obtained mine years ago. It just disappeared when I logged in after not playing since 2018. Which I suppose was because the artifact (still equipped) was deactivated. But Blizz put in a way for those of us who had already earned it (as current content, during Legion) to keep it. And that is through the barber shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    it's been a while since I played my druid but I think the forms you learn from glyphs now go into barbershop too. it's a bit confusing for returning to the class, but a handy change
    Yep. Just took me a bit to figure it out lol.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    ? I obtained mine years ago. It just disappeared when I logged in after not playing since 2018. Which I suppose was because the artifact (still equipped) was deactivated. But Blizz put in a way for those of us who had already earned it (as current content, during Legion) to keep it. And that is through the barber shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Just took me a bit to figure it out lol.
    You wrote "a tad easier than re-learning how to do the Mage Tower challenge lol." Obtaining the OG werebear skin is impossible as of post-Legion. Even if you did re-learn how to do the MT TW, it wouldn't help, since you'd obtain a different skin. Same goes for any other MT artifact skin - they are gone.

You wrote "a tad easier than re-learning how to do the Mage Tower challenge lol." Obtaining the OG werebear skin is impossible as of post-Legion. Even if you did re-learn how to do the MT TW, it wouldn't help, since you'd obtain a different skin. Same goes for any other MT artifact skin - they are gone.
    It's true, though there is one thing - if you unlocked basic mage tower skin in Legion, but not the other tints (like for killing KJ on heroic+) you can still get the tints now.

This has to be done on that specific character that did the mage tower though (so if you level a new druid, you wouldn't be able to unlock other tints of werebear even if you beat Legion mage tower on another druid).

It's a bit weird.

Ahh ok, I got you. Yeah, I had not even looked into which skins could be gotten now. I just remember that challenge being a challenge, taking more than one attempt (I don't remember how many, but took me a few), and knowing I'm way out of practice even playing that toon atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    It's true, though there is one thing - if you unlocked basic mage tower skin in Legion, but not the other tints (like for killing KJ on heroic+) you can still get the tints now.

This has to be done on that specific character that did the mage tower though (so if you level a new druid, you wouldn't be able to unlock other tints of werebear even if you beat Legion mage tower on another druid).

It's a bit weird.
    Well I suppose it's good that they pay attention to such details, even if we're not always clear on how they decided what they decided. And overall, I support the idea of future players getting some version but not the original - it lets players who start later attempt the challenge, while still distinguishing those who did it back when.

The bear appearances are just basically transmog now. Once you unlock them they go into a container you can sift through and pick the one you want. Through barbershop, as you have seen now.

I think the confusion here is you believe it was "deactivated" but that was never the case. It just became something akin to transmog.
    Wear it proudly, people still ogle at those to this day! And even though the legion themed one can be obtained now, I do not like it anywhere near as much as the original colorations.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Can't believe this thread is still going when it resolved after 3 posts XD

So many people in here arguing semantics.

Actually wild.

Well I suppose it's good that they pay attention to such details, even if we're not always clear on how they decided what they decided. And overall, I support the idea of future players getting some version but not the original - it lets players who start later attempt the challenge, while still distinguishing those who did it back when.
    I don't know if my point was clear, but I'm saying that you can still unlock the third tint of that werebear, if you win 10 rbgs on the druid that beat the original Mage Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I don't know if my point was clear, but I'm saying that you can still unlock the third tint of that werebear, if you win 10 rbgs on the druid that beat the original Mage Tower.
    Oh cool - that shouldn't be too hard, just time consuming lol.