Poll: What was the worst raid tier?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Either Dragon Soul or Tomb of Sargeras.

Selected "Uldir /Battle of Dazar'alor / Crucible of Storms"

So forgettable... Uldir and Crucible.

As a casual, S4 Shadowlands, because it was the hardest to slide into with outdoor content gear. I remember back in Legion it was possible to just join a normal raid group for Balance of Power and do pretty well in the early tier Legion raids, at the very least, but Season 4 is tuned for people with Season 3 raiding gear and outdoor gear didn't get a matching max ilevel increase, so it resulted in a wider gap to make up than previous seasons.

Don't think that's what was meant by the topic, exactly, but for my part that makes it the worst tier, at least in the modern game.

Overall, TotGC. In terms of fight design, ToT - the epitome of "Someone made a mistake? Might as well wipe and go again."

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Ha yes, Zovaal is indeed less memorable and has less personnality than :
    - Sartharion
    - Will of the Emperor (literally just two statues)
    - Mar'gok
    Ok, I'm pretty sure you know I meant final expansion boss, but I did not say that so that's on me

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I think about it, Battle for Dazar Alor and Crucible were also very bad. Uldir was kinda cool tho, as long as you did not play alliance.

Dragon Soul, the only end raid that's entirely made out of reused assets save for the last two bosses who jointly take up the spot of the worst end raid the game has produced. Combine that with the endless cutscenes and dialogue digressions and the lack of any real stand out fight the way ToC was at least tight for what it was. On top of this, ToC had to last a handful months, whereas DS had to be the main raid content for a year. There's nothing that really comes close to DS and given the way development works these days I doubt it's even possible for something like it to get a green light again.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-09-18 at 04:23 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Tier 11
    Unbalanced
    Broken bosses
    Exploits accepted because too lazy to fix a Broken boss

Fun to watch though

ToC, the raid that proves -- unequivocally -- that raids without trash are a terrible fucking idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    ToC, the raid that proves -- unequivocally -- that raids without trash are a terrible fucking idea.
    They can work, but it has to have a purpose. FFXIV raids work fine, TOGC was just a cluster fuck of why are we even doing this.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    DS was good, problem is how long it lasted.

TotGC was cool, no trash and a cool pvp alike fight.

Imo, BrF was a bit overrated.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t think we were going to get a raid AFTER Hellfire Citadel… before, almost definitely. Shattrath raid to connect the demon angle a bit more

It's Dragon Soul.

That shit was bad for so many reasons.

7+ Year Old Account
    BFA had the worst raids in my opinion. Normally new tiers drag me back to WoW like a screaming kid, since they are too enticing to not interact with, but i never came back to any of the raids in BFA, only stayed to play the story content and then bail.

So Uldir, DA and Nyalotha top 1, but is proberly closely followed by SLs last 2 tiers. Castle Nathria was cool and had a good theme, but god do i hate the grey color schemes of Sepulcher and Sanctum of Dominance.

Note: I know people dislike the idea of Hyjal, but i still think it has one of the best themes of any raid, together with some great bosses. It failed when it comes to mobs(waves, yawn!), but that is a small fault, especially when you look at it as a raid like magtheridon's lair. It was never supposed to be a raid, that stood on its own, but a thing that could be done while you also did TK and BT.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul is kinda horrible.

-Worst raid of one of the worst expansions
    -Super small raid with just 8 bosses
    -Bland characterisation of participants/feeling that stakes were not really that high
    -Bosses that have the same appearance as questing mobs/forgettable names
    -Not very creative fights
    -Too much unskippable RP
    -No way to skip the first bosses for reclears
    -Too many reasons to go back there (THREE mounts for 8 bosses!)
    -(Not related to DS as current content, but) RP is still unskippable even today, they did not even try

Off the top of my head this might be the worst, but I'm sure other raids have their pitfalls. ICC nowadays is annoying for the RP reason, but it's not fair to judge it as it is today, instead of back in the day. I absolutely hate Blackrock Furnace but that's for personal reasons

5+ Year Old Account
    Crucible of Storms, definitely. It was the most pointless and boring raid ever conducted. When I saw the first boss, I literally left the raid and never came back. I can't really comment on the other raids because I wasn't raiding at this point. I also disliked Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry because you had to walk a lot, and I just got bored from just walking. I didn’t enjoy the BFA raids either. I liked most of the Legion raids, and the Shadowlands raids were alright too.

Dragon Soul

"Guys, we're outta time and budget. What do we do for the final raid?"
    "Quick, repurpose that small tower in Dragonblight!"
    "On it boss!"

Dragon Soul absolute worse, only redeeming quality was the gunship boss. Shadowlands hasn't had a single good raid tier imo, Castle Nathria could have been fun if class design was accounted for while making the fights as this place was the worst for immobile specs

Let's group the entirety of SL and compare it to emerald Nightmare, Nighthold and Trial of Valor - that seems reasonable.
    Like, let's put Naxx2 and Ulduar into the same tier and then compare that to the entirety of MoP.

You couldn't have made this any meaningless if you tried. Your biases couldn't show any harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    That's not fair. 80% of the raid happened in the same boring ass bland fucking circular room only to then drop into another boring ass bland circular room for the last 20% - but hey, that time the room was blue!

To say the raid flopped because of trash is dishonest as fuck.

Cata (minus firelands) the only expansion I have quit for the game being dogshit, quit week 1 of dragon soul with no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Let's group the entirety of SL and compare it to emerald Nightmare, Nighthold and Trial of Valor - that seems reasonable.
    Like, let's put Naxx2 and Ulduar into the same tier and then compare that to the entirety of MoP.

You couldn't have made this any meaningless if you tried. Your biases couldn't show any harder.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not fair. 80% of the raid happened in the same boring ass bland fucking circular room only to then drop into another boring ass bland circular room for the last 20% - but hey, that time the room was blue!

To say the raid flopped because of trash is dishonest as fuck.
    I can't imagine a raid without trash that ultimately doesn't end up feeling like ToC in practice. Trash has a place in raids even if raiders hate it.