Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think (unless something crazy happens) Bear wins this argument, if only for being ignored by Blizzard.

Plenty of other contestants, but man the utter disregard Bear has seen..... sheesh.

I said Elemental Shaman earlier, but honestly I've revised my opinion.... Elemental has some interesting builds it can make that may or may not work out, but I'm having fun with them and while its not "OMG AWESOME", it feels ok.

Bears definitely got the disregard, Shadow and Ret got the "could you just not have touched me please?" awards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    WW Monks now have totems and have completed their merge into becoming enhancement shamans.
    MW and BrM had statues for a long time, it is honestly kinda shocking WW didn't. It is a very boring talent though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    You are in the small minority of players that think those models look good. The visage forms look "ok" but are super limited racially.

And as I said, I get to walk around as a dragon whenever I want and people can ride me. Blizzard could easily have done an actual dragon for a class and it would have made this expansion one people would have been interested in..... as is, it doesn't seem like they've managed to pull anyone back.
    You are beyond wrong. The majority of players love how the drakthyr look. You are in the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    Literally nobody wanted or expected to play as dragons that are 50x the size of player models except like 3 weirdos on here
    Uhhh no one wants an actual dragon-sized playable dragon. They just want to play ones that fit into the dragon theme in wow over the last 18 years.

Instead we got degenerate scalies. So I can see why people are upset

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Priest. I think it's passable but it doesn't feel as fun as it used to, no matter how good the damage is. Insanity is now builder-spender resource, unless you take Void Explosion but there's no play with Insanity and no real control over extending it. The Mind Spike build pales in comparison to the old Clarity of Power build.

It's one of four classes I play that I'll retire. Mishandled just like N'Zoth.

it has been seven years since Protection was butchered and left to rot

its carcass is still being dragged around. perhaps it has even had competitive numbers from time to time. it is soulless mockery

Kinda difficult question. I have no interest in classes like monk to begin with (that's a general thing that trancends WoW and goes for the entire fantasy genre) and I always thought warrior is one of the most boring classes in WoW. That being said, the new one is extremely underwhelming as well, at least the dps spec. I don't think the spec has a good flow to it. I think I'd rather play a WW monk.. it's like a discount mage and a discount shaman had a kid and out came evoker. The charge mechanic is also just a gimmik and doesn't feel particularly great, I hope that get's better with less laggy servers for EU players on the live servers at least. Right now it feels kinda terrible because their lag obfuscation measures (aka floaty controlls the server has to make sense of) don't seem to work with stuff that requires you signal a negative slope as a tigger (like letting go of a button) and instead of the server I need to make sense of when to trigger it accounting for delay. Though admittely I'm not sure if there is even a point to use non-fully charged spells to begin with.

Edit: Also while not really being about the class, due to the class-race lock it needs to be mentioned: The running animation of the race is just utterly retarded. How anyone could look at that and think "good enough" is just beyond me; fucking degenerates at Blizzard. This shit gives minecraft steve a run for his money.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2022-10-09 at 05:31 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Uhhh no one wants an actual dragon-sized playable dragon. They just want to play ones that fit into the dragon theme in wow over the last 18 years.

Instead we got degenerate scalies. So I can see why people are upset
    Evokers can look like Black, Bronze, Blue, Red, or Green dragons, and tailor their talents to align fairly close to any of those dragonflights. They even possess abilities from dragons like Onyxia and Chromie.

Why don't they fit the dragon theme of WoW? Because they're player size and bipedal?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Evokers can look like Black, Bronze, Blue, Red, or Green dragons, and tailor their talents to align fairly close to any of those dragonflights. They even possess abilities from dragons like Onyxia and Chromie.

Why don't they fit the dragon theme of WoW? Because they're player size and bipedal?
    I mean, it's fine if you like the drakthyr but don't play stupid on purpose to rile up a discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You are beyond wrong. The majority of players love how the drakthyr look. You are in the minority.
    As far as interest in dracthyr is concerned, it seems to be mixed at best. (1) (2)

Personally I understand the disappointment. Dracthyr had no previous lore and came out of nowhere, gave another restrictive class/race, and aren't very exciting when you compare them to the dragons of this universe. I would have preferred the player be a drake so they would be a dragon of reasonable size, you could pick any race to be your visage with a couple extra customization options, and full dragon form would be for travel and your main cooldown.

We got infernals, hunters pet, elementals, demon forms and humanoid bear tanks. a mid-size dragon cooldown that functions as a ranged caster wouldn't be that obstructive.

Appearance aside though, it's definitely sitting at the bottom of my list. I haven't been hooked by the class yet and hope the story of the expansion can make them more appealing for me.

i dont have beta access but from what people saying about evoker im getting disappointed ، i dont care how they look or their spell effect .
    so gameplay wise they are not fun to play right ?(dps spec ) cause thats whats matter most to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evoker as of now.

I don't have beta access to try out my 3-4 "main" classes/specs so can't say anything else at this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    I mean, it's fine if you like the drakthyr but don't play stupid on purpose to rile up a discussion.
    Uh, the Dracthyr have pretty much the same history as Chromatic dragons; An artificial group of dragons created by the black dragonflight to harness the powers of all the aspects. Again, how do they not fit the theme of WoW dragons? The only difference is how they look, which is entirely related to them having to fit certain standards in order to be a playable race.

Uh, the Dracthyr have pretty much the same history as Chromatic dragons; An artificial group of dragons created by the black dragonflight to harness the powers of all the aspects. Again, how do they not fit the theme of WoW dragons? The only difference is how they look, which is entirely related to them having to fit certain standards in order to be a playable race.
    You'll find that most are talking about how they look

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll find that most are talking about how they look
    Which is completely a consequence of having to fit within the confines of being a playable WoW race. Functionally, they are playable versions of WoW's draconic heroes.

Creating a new race that's unappealing, then locking an entirely new class behind said race. Almost the exact same thing they did... with the last new class.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Which is completely a consequence of having to fit within the confines of being a playable WoW race. Functionally, they are playable versions of WoW's draconic heroes.
    Yikes, either fanboy or severe lack of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Uhhh no one wants an actual dragon-sized playable dragon
    The guy I quoted does

Evoker. Devestation is too simple. You have one single target filler, one single target spender, two cds, one aoe filler and one aoe spender. So 4 buttons to press in either single target or aoe and not that many utility buttons. Very basic and simple to play.

Similarly preservation. Not that many heals, not that much of utility and 30 yard range doesn't play well in my opinion. Always being near enough to care for melee mechanics and far enough to also care for ranged mechanics. Lots of movement and not that much utility to support it. Also your movement abilities don't make you immune to damage so if you want to close the gap to your melee camp to do some healing, melee mechanics can one shot you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, either fanboy or severe lack of imagination
    Ima play a drac'thyr, purely as an off character. Why? Because they do have some good things about them. Sure they look like Scalies, and what teriz dis doing is trolling you all. His lore definition is bullshit, as we had already known what was created by neltharion prior to his demise, but whatever.

They wanted to make winged drakonids, but they didnt have the lore for it, so they made it up. Just like every race that wasnt justified. (Draenai for ex, coming outta no where). I dont give a shit about their actual lore, as its bullshit to begin with. What they shoulda done is basically said they are just the mutated drakonids, and have their lore just be that they were there throughout the games but just very rare, like some random mob in nelths base. Blame it on the engine at the time. More believable than what is being giving. At least that will be my head canon.

As for how they look, they look like puny drakonids with wings. If we were going with realism, sure it makes sense why the bulky ones dont need the wings, but this is a game of fantasy and magic. I think their should be an option for you people that "need to assert their masculinity" by have a steroid induced dracthyr. Why? More variations. Just like how I wish to have a more feminine physique, because variations.

Do they look like they can pop outta some kinda fur convention? Sure, if you make one that way. But the variations on them are so diverse that you can make your "dark and brooding murderhobo" if you wish. But yes, full expect them to go goldshire.

Devastation Evoker - most likely the most boring and bland DPS spec Blizzard has ever created. Yes, even Havoc looks complex and exciting in comparison.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again