Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Christ, that's bad. This sounds like some royalty free shit made on a computer. Even the small hint to the original theme falls flat. Kinda reflective of the overall state of the game so that's a plus?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak with eloquence when it comes to music but, thankfully, another user can and did so back in mid-2018. It's mainly about zone music, but much of it can also be applied in regards to the music direction overall.

Also, if Blizzard is trying to mesh different themes and incorporate some zone music... they could just take a page out of their own book:

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also before you say anything, this is a SUPER common practice in trailers, like in no way is warcraft arclight rumble going to have ballroom blitz in the game. for example
    Yeah, I know, although it caught me off guard this time, and sadly now, thx to you, I've confirmed that this track will be not anywhere ingame.

I still remember hearing some outsourced songs in Destiny trailers and Epic Score songs in Rift trailers:

Last edited by Luck4; 2022-10-12 at 09:27 PM.

What are you talking about? the log in themes for wow have always been 2-3 minutes...
    Do you mean "total login songs" because then those are 8-12 minutes, and its 2-3 minutes of actual login song, and then another 5-10 minutes of various songs from the expansion, usually zones, and this has been true since wotlk.

Vanilla and tbc just played their login music (vanilla not even 2 minutes, tbc almost 3) on repeat, then in wotlk and since they have the login music, then some random songs after.

Dragonflight either is returning to vanilla/tbc.
    Or it will be the same as all the expansions from cata to shadowlands, and the other songs are not in yet cause.... they arnt in yet, they add music last, and none of the zones have music yet, so they wouldnt put them on login screen till revealing.
    Im so sorry my dude, I thought it was obvious I was joking. And you wrote me an essay and everything

Compare this piece of shit login screen with the mastery that is the Cata login. It's such an epic journey through wow, the various scores pieced together. You can feel the loss of their composers by the bland and short DF login. I wouldn't be surprised if DF was just AI-generated

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I can't speak with eloquence when it comes to music but, thankfully, another user can and did so back in mid-2018. It's mainly about zone music, but much of it can also be applied in regards to the music direction overall.
    To some degree of fairness, and I do not remember when it happened in regards to that post, but BfA music was straight up bugged out for quite a while. Stuff like music just suddenly chopping out if you enter Boralus was the easiest offender to see. They did fix it I'm pretty sure but I can't remember when.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post

Compare this piece of shit login screen with the mastery that is the Cata login. It's such an epic journey through wow, the various scores pieced together. You can feel the loss of their composers by the bland and short DF login. I wouldn't be surprised if DF was just AI-generated
    Why invest a ton of time into a loading screen people will see for such a short amount of time?

Back when login screen mattered these were important, and hell this is stll my by far fave login screen, but yeah would be a massive fucking waste to do something like this now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Why invest a ton of time into a loading screen people will see for such a short amount of time?

Back when login screen mattered these were important, and hell this is stll my by far fave login screen, but yeah would be a massive fucking waste to do something like this now.
    The same logic could be applied to any in-game system, tier set, transmog, quests, pet battles, etc, etc. Most are just forgotten as quickly as they are created

The biggest reason to do it is because it's memorable. It doesn't go unnoticed. No one will care for the post-legion logins because they haven't put the effort into it, which is a shame because the login screens really do stand the test of time.
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2022-10-13 at 01:39 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    The same logic could be applied to any in-game system, tier set, transmog, quests, pet battles, etc, etc. Most are just forgotten as quickly as they are created

The biggest reason to do it is because it's memorable. It doesn't go unnoticed. No one will care for the post-legion logins because they haven't put the effort into it, which is a shame because the login screens really do stand the test of time.
    lol what? tier sets are not they are perpetual and actually have an effect on gameplay
    transmogs, quests, pet battles, all of them will exist FOREVER.
    the login screen will dissapear in 2 years, and not be seen again officialy for another like 16 years if ever..

"Its memeorable" lol it is not, it WAS when login screens were an actual thing and so you spent a fair while looking at them (entering email, password, authenticator, on lgoin and on re-login if you dcd), but can you tell me seriously without googling it what legions login screen looked like?

lol what? tier sets are not they are perpetual and actually have an effect on gameplay
    transmogs, quests, pet battles, all of them will exist FOREVER.
    the login screen will dissapear in 2 years, and not be seen again officialy for another like 16 years if ever..

"Its memeorable" lol it is not, it WAS when login screens were an actual thing and so you spent a fair while looking at them (entering email, password, authenticator, on lgoin and on re-login if you dcd), but can you tell me seriously without googling it what legions login screen looked like?
    Yet here people are discussing 18 years of login screens. I still have fond memories of the legion login despite loading into the game from the bnet launcher, so there goes that argument. The login screen is a tangible connection to an xpac, or a time in peoples lives playing that xpac. Much like art, it carries beyond the years it's current content. WoD was a garbage xpac, but the login was great. Can't say I will have fond memories of 99% of the tmog items I've collected over the years, or some random questing in Ardenweald

Sometimes it's nice to just sit and listen on my character screen
    Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to create a new character. There's plenty of reasons why login screen and music matters. A good login is like good art
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2022-10-13 at 02:11 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yet here people are discussing 18 years of login screens. I still have fond memories of the legion login despite loading into the game from the bnet launcher, so there goes that argument. The login screen is a tangible connection to an xpac, or a time in peoples lives playing that xpac. Much like art, it carries beyond the years it's current content. WoD was a garbage xpac, but the login was great. Can't say I will have fond memories of 99% of the tmog items I've collected over the years, or some random questing in Ardenweald

Sometimes it's nice to just sit and listen on my character screen
    Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to create a new character. There's plenty of reasons why login screen and music matters. A good login is like good art
    No where here did you actually describe the legion login screen so like... kinda ruined your own point.

also no people are not discussing 18 years of login screens, they are crying about 2 day old music notbeing long enough.

It's the old theme mixed in with some new stuff, but it can't decide what it wants to be. Totally mechanical composition, nothing stands out, not catchy theme, I rate it 5 out of 7 Meh.

No where here did you actually describe the legion login screen so like... kinda ruined your own point.

also no people are not discussing 18 years of login screens, they are crying about 2 day old music notbeing long enough.
    Wtf are you talking about? I didn't mention what any of the login screens look like.

If you don't understand why the login screen is an important part of the game then I don't know what to tell you, nor do I care enough to explain further

Gives me a feeling of WoW mashed together with Jurassic World, which fits with the expansion theme tbh. I think "heavier" drums/cymbals, something to give it a bit more "oomph" would have helped a lot but it's a goddamn masterpiece compared to SL that's for sure.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wtf are you talking about? I didn't mention what any of the login screens look like.

If you don't understand why the login screen is an important part of the game then I don't know what to tell you, nor do I care enough to explain further
    Maybe then you should learn the difference between these two words as you keep confusing them.

Login SCREEN is the visuals in the background
    Login THEME is the music playing when you are on said screen.

Well, the login screen music now goes through the character creation screen, while before (until Cata if I'm correct) it changed to this (which i miss since the first day they removed it from the game):

I can hear it now: "Soar to the skyes my children" lmao - this is some generic Marvel Superhero shit

Better than some of the previous ones imo, like Cata and Legion. Those were always abrasively annoying to me.

This one is still a little busy to me during the second half, but at least it's an uplifting melody rather than a bunch of clashing cymbals and angry strings doing their best to hurry me through logging in or creating characters before I'm driven crazy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

“Why invest time in a loading screen people spent 30 seconds on”

And

“Why Invest time into gameplay and gear people will spend tens to hundreds of hours with/in”

Really aren’t in the same solar system as each other.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I'm a professional musician! the theme is well played, but... too happy??? too bright? (where are the fu**ing horns? trombones? tuba? vocals? timpanes? just strings and drums)
    cata theme is first of all! the first time that the theme was played by an actual orchestra(real ppl playing and singing)
    and its IMHO brutal, dark, with suspence , malice, and a part of renewal(where in the trailer it was needed, and it was perfect )
    MoP theme is also perfect IMHO because it gets the eastern feeling of pandaria! it was on point!
    the other one that I remember well is the legion one! it remember the cata one! but even darker, sinister, and with a space theme(well, we went into another planet)

So try to hear the MOP(3:30 it gets emocional, as a musician i honestlly cried), the cata or the legion there! this one is (dragonflight) is "meh" compared with the 3 that I compared it to!!!