Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did they remove the UI scale slider?

I'm scanning through the retail Dragonflight menus and am not seeing it.

You can back out of the realm select screen and play with the System settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I'm scanning through the retail Dragonflight menus and am not seeing it.
    I believe you can adjust the ui size of individual elements now.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I believe you can adjust the ui size of individual elements now.
    Unless they changed it since last night, you can unfortunately only resize certain elements. The minimap, for example, was tied to UI scale. Hopefully they DID change it, might explain it being missing!

Unless they changed it since last night, you can unfortunately only resize certain elements. The minimap, for example, was tied to UI scale. Hopefully they DID change it, might explain it being missing!
    There is a "Use UI Scale" option in-game on the PTR. It might be something that you have to actually be logged into a character to see.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There is a "Use UI Scale" option in-game on the PTR. It might be something that you have to actually be logged into a character to see.
    Gotcha. Must be a per-character setting.

I got in for a little and there is a slider, but it's broken. I can't make my ui scale lower, only higher.

Options -> System -> Graphics. Right before the Advanced settings.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

youa re 100% right. The Mini map is way too big and I can't reduce its size. Is dumb coz it sticks out like a sore thumb. I still use bartender for my actions bars and SUF for unit frames. Blizzard new UI is sitll lacking features.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    This. You can also serch in the option panels by typing stuff into the top right corner field.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The UI scaler under graphics seems to make things smaller at 75% and below and larger above that.

On a side note I'm really disliking that you can't move the bags, option buttons and the XP(azerite/rep) bar. And then I discover I've a toolbar where the queuefinder eye has been moved to, with no way to move it to somewhere else. For a UI customiser it seems to be making me look for more addons to fix things than i ever did with the previous UI.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge5307 View Post
    youa re 100% right. The Mini map is way too big and I can't reduce its size. Is dumb coz it sticks out like a sore thumb. I still use bartender for my actions bars and SUF for unit frames. Blizzard new UI is sitll lacking features.
    Lots of people, myself included, used the report tool in the beta to tell them the mini-map was way too big and should be resizable. But apparently Blizzard is full of stubborn assholes or idiots that can't figure out wtf "mini" means. Sadly that's how the rest of the beta is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Lots of people, myself included, used the report tool in the beta to tell them the mini-map was way too big and should be resizable. But apparently Blizzard is full of stubborn assholes or idiots that can't figure out wtf "mini" means. Sadly that's how the rest of the beta is going.
    We only want to make the mini map smaller not the whole UI. At the current rate I rather have an option to disable mini map. It sticks out way too much.

its a step in the right direction, but they shouldn't tout it is "customize how you want it" when it has only certain customizations & half of which dont even work well

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah this system def isnt ready they really shouldn't force it on you...i would like to use it when its actually finished until then let me use my old ui

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    The UI scaler under graphics seems to make things smaller at 75% and below and larger above that.

On a side note I'm really disliking that you can't move the bags, option buttons and the XP(azerite/rep) bar. And then I discover I've a toolbar where the queuefinder eye has been moved to, with no way to move it to somewhere else. For a UI customiser it seems to be making me look for more addons to fix things than i ever did with the previous UI.
    yes there's alot of bugs right now with out any addons even enabled
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

I'd like my "menu" bar to be slightly bigger, it's so tiny I can barely tell which icon is what and I can't find a way to change it (doesnt work in edit mode and I don't want to scale other UI elements up with it, especially the mini map which is way too big).

Generally speaking I'm not a fan of new UI, maybe I was too used to those 20 years old bars but I seriously hoped they will let us use "oldschool" UI but nope... Fail.

Can anyone confirm ui scale setting is local ? People can have different resolution rigs
    This cat scratches free.

It's like they made a conscious decision to only steal the absolutely worst parts of FF14's UI customization, and then for good measure absolutely took an AXE to the frames API quietly to make authors of any addons that could have ameliorated the damage go insane chasing very slightly changed methods.

Ugh, not looking forward to all this later today... I hope I like what I see because I was fine with what I had before.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I'd like my "menu" bar to be slightly bigger, it's so tiny I can barely tell which icon is what and I can't find a way to change it (doesnt work in edit mode and I don't want to scale other UI elements up with it, especially the mini map which is way too big).

Generally speaking I'm not a fan of new UI, maybe I was too used to those 20 years old bars but I seriously hoped they will let us use "oldschool" UI but nope... Fail.
    I like the old menu icon. Is easy to tell with the different colors.Now they are the same color and so tiny!