Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Has anyone started to give less of a shit about the Marvel films as time has gone by? Every trailer I see just feels more like ‘yeah, sure I’ll see it on Bluray’. Nothing feels essential to me anymore.
    Between Alan Moore and James Cameron voicing recently some pretty negative opinions, well, it just seems a trend.
    To be fair Moore has always been pretty negative.
    Disney will still make bank.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Between Alan Moore and James Cameron voicing recently some pretty negative opinions, well, it just seems a trend.
    For me, it’s less about what others are saying. The films just come so fast and so often that it feels like a conveyor belt of end-of-the-world stories. Ironically I’ve enjoyed the smaller ‘the world will not end’ stories in the Disney Plus shows far more.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm not sure that the guy that directed avatar has much of a leg to stand on when he talks about movies lacking depth...and, to be fair, he levied his criticism at both Marvel and DC

And Moore admits that the last Superhero film he saw was Tim Burton's Batman...so he's kinda of like old man yelling at cloud.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/alan-mo...re-1234594526/

I haven’t seen a superhero movie since the first Tim Burton Batman film.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Yea...when the production is more down to earth it's a fun watch. As such I liked both Antman movies. The coming 3rd one I probably won't bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone started to give less of a shit about the Marvel films as time has gone by? Every trailer I see just feels more like ‘yeah, sure I’ll see it on Bluray’.

Nothing feels essential to me anymore.
    Definitely a diluted franchise. I think where they lost their strength was by spreading super thin, super fast.

The OG line up leading into their big team up worked great. But then more and more got piled on top to a point where the tower of babel is collapsing.

My personal opinion, it needs a new foundation, rather than multiple pillars attempting to hold it up.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Definitely a diluted franchise. I think where they lost their strength was by spreading super thin, super fast.

The OG line up leading into their big team up worked great. But then more and more got piled on top to a point where the tower of babel is collapsing.

My personal opinion, it needs a new foundation, rather than multiple pillars attempting to hold it up.
    Agreed. More self contained stories with personal stakes. Not 3/4ths of an interesting story capped off by a sky beam or CGI fight.

For me, it’s less about what others are saying. The films just come so fast and so often that it feels like a conveyor belt of end-of-the-world stories. Ironically I’ve enjoyed the smaller ‘the world will not end’ stories in the Disney Plus shows far more.
    This is why I loved Spider-man comics so much when growing up, his adventures were all down-to-earth. He fought muggers and robbers, sometimes they were super-powered but they were still essentially muggers and robbers. If I wanted grand, cosmic adventures I read LSH. The first Tom Holland Spider-man movie hit this normal life feeling very well in a way the next two didn't, for me. It's why the MCU has grown so tired, every property is so damned overwrought even when they try to lower the stakes. It's just exhausting.

10+ Year Old Account
    X-Men 97

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-97-writer-...d-work-reboot/

This article fills me with so much hope. Cast saying he recruited knowledgeable peoples about the original show as well as fans, Of course I say that it could still turn out bad but I like where this show is heading.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-10-29 at 05:57 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post

And Moore admits that the last Superhero film he saw was Tim Burton's Batman...so he's kinda of like old man yelling at cloud.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/alan-mo...re-1234594526/
    At least Moore has a point in regards to the Watchfail tv series.
    It was horrendous.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    At least Moore has a point in regards to the Watchfail tv series.
    It was horrendous.
    Alan Moore hasn't even watched it....so his opinion is meaningless. Yes, I'm going to "dunk" on Moore for not seeing a show before condeming it.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Alan Moore hasn't even watched it....so his opinion is meaningless. Yes, I'm going to "dunk" on Moore for not seeing a show before condeming it.
    At this point Moore's curmudgeonly disapproval of all adaptations has become a shtick onto itself. Which makes sense, considering his entire persona is a carefully cultivated act.

"Did *I* like the show?" - that's the question people need to ask themselves. Who gives a fuck if the original author disapproves of it or dislikes it. And if you, the viewer, didn't like the show, that's fine, too, irrespective of whether or not Moore liked it.

People become slaves to peer pressure far too much. They need to articulate their own opinions more, without constantly resorting to "..and Youtuber XZY/actor involved/original author/etc. said it's bad because..." parroting.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    At this point Moore's curmudgeonly disapproval of all adaptations has become a shtick onto itself. Which makes sense, considering his entire persona is a carefully cultivated act.

"Did *I* like the show?" - that's the question people need to ask themselves. Who gives a fuck if the original author disapproves of it or dislikes it. And if you, the viewer, didn't like the show, that's fine, too, irrespective of whether or not Moore liked it.

People become slaves to peer pressure far too much. They need to articulate their own opinions more, without constantly resorting to "..and Youtuber XZY/actor involved/original author/etc. said it's bad because..." parroting.
    Yeah, like I said in my previous post...Moore has admitted that he hasn't even watched any "Superhero" movie , not just adaptations of his own work...but any at all, since Tim Burton's Batman. It's difficult to imagine an opinion less meaningful than that.

7+ Year Old Account
    No one talking about Black panther? it flopped? i only saw a few images, and the new suit from iron heart looks awful, but the movie can't be worse than Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    No one talking about Black panther? it flopped? i only saw a few images, and the new suit from iron heart looks awful, but the movie can't be worse than Thor
    You could talk about how they used chadwick bosemans social media accounts to promote the film. Seems in poor taste.

Or how no one will bad mouth this film in public because of said passing of the star and you're a racist if you find flaws with it

Also didn't they tell white people not to go first few days so black audience members can enjoy it safely? Yikes..

Or you could talk about how it came out at midnight last night and most people aren't doing midnight premieres any more? Let's see what people say after the weekend.

If people want to talk about it...here's the projections for opening weekend:

https://deadline.com/2022/11/box-off...er-1235169891/

Right now we hear that Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is heading for an $80M+ Friday, for what will be a $170M-$180M opening weekend at 4,396 theaters.
    Keep in mind that should the projections for tonight bringing in $80+ million hold true... that will already be more than enough to overtake Black Adam's entire opening weekend...and a $170-180 million opening weekend will be about 2.5X BA's total.

I watched it last night and I thought it was fantastic... best Superhero flick of 2022. But since I know most people still won't have seen it yet...I haven't rushed to create a topic.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-11-12 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Or you could talk about how it came out at midnight last night and most people aren't doing midnight premieres any more? Let's see what people say after the weekend.
    Or like I haven't seen it, because I haven't been to the theater since pre-pandemic, because there's still a bloody pandemic going on. So I'm not gonna see it until it hits Disney+, the same as I've done for every other Marvel film in that time frame. I'll have more to say about the film once I've seen it. Namor looks genuinely fantastic from the trailers, tho.

we COULD talk about how severely skewed people's expectations have become as to what a fit body is supposed to look like and how "Lazy" Tenoch Huerta is, because "gasp" he is not all veiny with paperthin skin and muscles that are 100% impossible without heavy use of performance enhancers especially inside of 6 month training period. (also men's health released his training regiment and the fact that he went from not being able to swim at all, to being able to hold his breath under water for 5 minutes ALONE is impressive as fuck)

(first sentence has sarcasm in it, in case it wasn't obvious)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I watched it last night, been out here for a couple of days. I enjoyed it, thought it was a good film.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m going to see it Tuesday, midnight/day of releases haven’t been a thing for me since the winter soldier.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.