Is anyone seeing the XP leveling changes on PTR?

My char is at 200k total xp required to lvl from 52 to 53 on live and PTR

Normally it should be something around 50k on PTR, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ModernImbecile View Post
    My char is at 200k total xp required to lvl from 52 to 53 on live and PTR

Normally it should be something around 50k on PTR, right?
    Its not on PTR, but is on BETA. So maybe the exp thing is coming with expansion launch so they can keep their winds of wisdom buff and pretend like its its gonna be faster to lvl during the prepatch so people resub.

Edit: Today confirmed new lvl revamp not until phase 2. Leveling is faster in Phase 2 than now with the exp buff. Scaling still ends at 50 until nov 15 too
    Last edited by doodle90; 2022-10-25 at 08:08 PM.

The exp and chromie time changes come in p2 of ptr

Weirdly, my total XP to level at L55 actually went up by 5,000 when I logged in today to check. From 272,795 to 277,955. Only noticed because I screenshot it to check if XP to level reduction got implemented or not.

Quote Originally Posted by doodle90 View Post
    Its not on PTR, but is on BETA. So maybe the exp thing is coming with expansion launch so they can keep their winds of wisdom buff and pretend like its its gonna be faster to lvl during the prepatch so people resub.

Edit: Today confirmed new lvl revamp not until phase 2. Leveling is faster in Phase 2 than now with the exp buff. Scaling still ends at 50 until nov 15 too
    Yeah well the xp revamp was one of the only reasons I would have played the pre-patch anyhow. I can't make the new Evoker yet. The only thing I was doing was leveling alts but now I have to wait until my broken UI addons are updated and then I have to take the time to figure out these new talent builds for all my army of toons. Just so I can do what ? Level up in old content at the same speed I was doing before? Or no wait, maybe play some lackluster pre-patch event nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    Yeah well the xp revamp was one of the only reasons I would have played the pre-patch anyhow. I can't make the new Evoker yet. The only thing I was doing was leveling alts but now I have to wait until my broken UI addons are updated and then I have to take the time to figure out these new talent builds for all my army of toons. Just so I can do what ? Level up in old content at the same speed I was doing before? Or no wait, maybe play some lackluster pre-patch event nonsense?
    No, the pre-patch event isn't until November 15th. This first prepatch is literally just for mass-testing of the new talent system, to ensure that there aren't any bugs/outrageous tuning problems before Dragonflight actually launches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Is it faster to level up a new character now during the 50% exp buff, or to wait until the second prepatch hits with the total exp required reduced?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Is it faster to level up a new character now during the 50% exp buff, or to wait until the second prepatch hits with the total exp required reduced?
    1-50 is faster now.

50-60 is going to be much faster in the phase 2 of pre-patch. (~75% XP reduction is equivalent to a +300% XP buff)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    No, the pre-patch event isn't until November 15th. This first prepatch is literally just for mass-testing of the new talent system, to ensure that there aren't any bugs/outrageous tuning problems before Dragonflight actually launches.
    Yeah I more or less figured that out myself right away. Which is why I said the pre-patch at this first iteration is just more or less an annoyance than anything else. In past expansions you still had to deal with the usual headaches but at least you could balance that out with the fun of playing a new race in a new zone, ex Blood Elves, Draenai, etc.