Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Chat window can still be resized mate.
    Yeah it can, IN EDIT MODE like i said.

It takes 5 times longer than before.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

It's just really tough right now (and really pointless) to sift through the people that complain about things they are wrong about because they didn't take a minute or an internet search to figure it out, and those with legit criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by BigToast View Post
    It's just really tough right now (and really pointless) to sift through the people that complain about things they are wrong about because they didn't take a minute or an internet search to figure it out, and those with legit criticisms.
    Having legit criticisms doesn't matter since people are going to argue for the sake of arguing.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Last night people were whinging that the new UI sucked because you couldn't move bars, you couldn't have more than the 6 bars, that you couldn't disable the art bar, that the padding was too big - and they were going to go back to dominos because of that.

Defending reality is never an issue for me - those people just hadn't bothered to RTFM.

It isn't going to replace ElvUI - but jeez, it almost completely replaces 4 addons that I used to use.

For the first time in >10 years - I can play WoW with ZERO addons.
    The new UI sucks for me, for one reason only: you can no longer see "elite mob" icons on the floating health bars. I have to actually target the mob and look at its nameplate to find out if it's an elite or not. Everything else about the new UI is left disabled since I'm using an addon for that.

I'm glad you can play the game with zero addons now, but for me, it looks like I'll have to add another addon to make up for the deficiencies of the new UI, which is annoyingly inferior to the original UI in this regard in my opinion.

Also, I personally hate how "minimalistic" and soulless the game icons sitting on the bottom right corner of the screen look now. So generic-looking and inspired to just have floating buttons like that.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2022-10-27 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The new UI sucks for me, for one reason only
    If something is offering a gazillion new things, and it sucks for just ONE reason - I don't think the problem is with the 'something'.

If someone gives me a Ferrari, and the radio can't play MP3s - I still have a Ferrari

it looks like I'll have to add another addon
    ... and remove 4 others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    If it is taking you 5 times longer to press three things than to press two things - then I'd be talking to your doctor

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

The new UI sucks for me, for one reason only: you can no longer see "elite mob" icons on the floating health bars. I have to actually target the mob and look at its nameplate to find out if it's an elite or not. Everything else about the new UI is left disabled since I'm using an addon for that.

I'm glad you can play the game with zero addons now, but for me, it looks like I'll have to add another addon to make up for the deficiencies of the new UI, which is annoyingly inferior to the original UI in this regard in my opinion.

Also, I personally hate how "minimalistic" and soulless the game icons sitting on the bottom right corner of the screen look now. So generic-looking and inspired to just have floating buttons like that.
    Gotta say within 2 minutes with the new UI I was like "I want Dominos to work", but sadly Tulla will not continue.

Appearances are a big thing for me....I want the borders around my spells gone and the cast shadow. And how on earth can we not have bars be hidden and appear on mouseover? Something fan addons do for years. Talking Head area can only be switched off, not resized?

But maybe I am missing something.

That said, I believe in feedback and am rather looking forward to people posting THEIR UI and the code to test and maybe use it.

Now...don't get me started on the talent trees.....

5+ Year Old Account
    OP, it is the essence of humanity to be ungrateful for new things we receive and don't deserve. That is why players are bellyaching about it. They skip right over the massive improvements and then zero in on the imperfections.

It's not meant to be a replacement for every addon under the sun. It's meant as an upgrade from the baseline, for people who don't run addons. At that it works pretty well. I have my gripes with it such as the minimap not being able to be scaled down, but as someone who rarely if ever bothered to mod the UI in the first place I'm happy with it. Not using tons of addons also means my game doesn't shatter every patch day which is nice.

Really the only thing I'd change is the sidebar with the options, collections, achievements, etc. Old icons were distinctive and noticeable, the new ones are tiny and I don't like the minimalist look anyway.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account

No, it doesn't? There's a shortcut on the chat box, as well as you just do [ESC] -> [Edit Mode] -> Drag chatbox to the size you want? Takes what.. two clicks more than before?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    For example i dont give a shit about UI tbh ;d i do like old one. New one is ok too. Ppl just like to complain. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/usYxrYs

I get it, being right about something with hardly any experience is how most people get through life.

I'm confused as to how BT/Elv/BAGgon/ and others have been out for over a decade.
    New UI drops on beta.
    People post about things that are missing.

New UI drops on live. People post about things that are missing. They then get downvoted to all hell and told to stop caring so much about stupid little things.

Once someone tells you stop caring about something it means you should care even more.

100% clownshow from the general population that on the whole never even knew how to fully use all the customization of those addons. And now for some reason are actually getting legit nasty on forums defending the new blizz UI.

Yea, just defend it like its your dead grandpa's honor, lets not make it better. The mob is zzzzz.
    The default UI isn't supposed to fully replace addon functions. It's adding the best bits, while leaving the base ui in a functional and cohesive state.

I'm not pretending that there aren't obvious things that should be there (the bag and menu bars should be moveable and hideable, for example), but expecting even a portion of elvui/bt/bagnon is beyond the scope of what the basic ui was ever going to be.

To conclude; the base ui got some great changes, hopefully gets more as time goes on, but will never replace all the functionality of those addons; nor should it.

I've dropped Elvui altogether, which has vastly improved my loadtime. I'm likely to replace parts of it with standalone addons as time goes on, but not having to run the whole package to get a functional UI is great. The baseline inclusion of mouseover and click casting removes a huge portion of my macros and another two addons. I will still use addons to move stuff that can't be moved. But overall, my addon package is much smaller, and I appreciate that. I use addons for functionality, and every time functionality is added to the base ui, my addon overhead gets a little smaller.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-10-27 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vincink View Post
    OP, it is the essence of humanity to be ungrateful for new things we receive and don't deserve. That is why players are bellyaching about it. They skip right over the massive improvements and then zero in on the imperfections.
    It is a common problem to look at the bad among the good instead of looking at the whole picture. As well, a lot of the demands are very specific and not something you would see in a default UI.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Are you seriously saying you need to go into edit mode to edit something?

Oh, the calamity of it all. The struggle is real, folks.

And tell us - are you adjusting your chat window every five minutes, or are you going to set it once and never touch it again? I suspect the latter, and because this is MMO-Champion, you needed something to complain about.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Every time I see people here get so infuriated, so enraged, I find myself dumbfounded. What are those people doing if faced with real problems?

First of all - I believe the elite thing is a bug they're working on. I can't say for sure, but I think I remember seeing them. But it's not game-breaking, and you can work with it if you want to.

Second, to complain about the icons in the right corner looking generic, when every UI I've looked at over at WowInterface for at least the last five years has been just another ElvUI edit is ridiculous.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If something is offering a gazillion new things, and it sucks for just ONE reason - I don't think the problem is with the 'something'.

If someone gives me a Ferrari, and the radio can't play MP3s - I still have a Ferrari
    More like giving me a Ferrari without any rearview mirrors. Or speed counter.

... and remove 4 others.
    Wrong. The new UI not only does not allow me to remove any of my current UI addons without losing something I enjoy about them, but, like I said, I'll have to install more addons to supply a new deficiency that the original UI did not possess but the new one does, which is the lack of "elite" markers on floating health bars.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2022-10-27 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Are you seriously saying you need to go into edit mode to edit something?

Oh, the calamity of it all. The struggle is real, folks.

And tell us - are you adjusting your chat window every five minutes, or are you going to set it once and never touch it again? I suspect the latter, and because this is MMO-Champion, you needed something to complain about.
    What you like to think is happening when people complain about the UI:

What is actually happening:

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    First of all - I believe the elite thing is a bug they're working on. I can't say for sure, but I think I remember seeing them. But it's not game-breaking, and you can work with it if you want to.
    If it's a bug and they fix it, cool. That saves me having to load up one more addon. However, I haven't seen them mentioning anything about it being a bug, and it was like that since the new UI was added to the beta servers, so... I don't know.

Second, to complain about the icons in the right corner looking generic, when every UI I've looked at over at WowInterface for at least the last five years has been just another ElvUI edit is ridiculous.
    Why? I don't use ElvUI, so that doesn't matter to me. And either way, the original button bar still had more 'soul' and wasn't 'generic' like the new one:

We had colorful icons for the buttons, we had our own character's image on the 'character window' button. Now it's just generic, monochromatic icons with a generic faceless head as the icon for our character pane button. The only improvement, in my opinion, is the icon for the main backpack, but, even then, the other backpack icons suffer as their usual square icons are cut off to fit round displays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratz
    "Why are you telling people to stop whining about making something better?"

and you respond.....

"I never said you should stop whining about making something better, I said one should stop whining about minor things in a basic UI, in a game that offers you the ability to change it even further if need be with the basic UI which is the most advanced UI that the damn game engine has experienced in decades."- 37k Posts Gatekeeper Lord.

You labeling the whining about things as "minor" things is subjective and quite frankly horseapples to you even trying to move the goalpost on that one. I'm literally asking to point out issues and you are saying they are too "minor" to care about.

Stop telling people what to care about. Carry on.

You misunderstood: They legit just want the look of the Shadowlands UI. Hence the sentence following it joking about them monetizing xpac/class themed layouts designed exclusively by Blizzard for people to change the look of the UI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Yup, and I stand firm at that comment.

Just like a lot of other posted about grass pixels being too tall, etc. Some topics just feels weird.

I never said you should stop whining about making something better, I said one should stop whining about minor things in a basic UI, in a game that offers you the ability to change it even further if need be with the basic UI which is the most advanced UI that the damn game engine has experienced in decades.

Never said I was in the right, did I? No, carry-on. You didn't offer any examples but most posts I've seen are all down to what an addon always has done, and the majority of the new UI, can do a load more than the old but if you want specifics, then you need an addon because your specifics might not be considered overall useful for the player base. I mean, what do I know, you didn't even step up to offer examples to run the post off - I offered three which made sense for the average gameplay - most other complaints I've seen are overall not really needed for the function of a basic UI, we're not talking advanced UI, that is where Blizzard permits you to use add-ons.

Do you mean the old version? No, that is a more valid point, some people are frightened about too many options and just want the barebones minimum, even though the basic UI can do that too, it still doesn't feel right to them. And sadly, Blizzard only offers a 'Classic' setup of the new UI to appease the old crowd. If they want more specialized setups, addons it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed one of the valid points but I believe Blizzard said they are working on that.

Indeed one of the valid points but I believe Blizzard said they are working on that.

Not really as valid, nor important, it is a specialized function you would like to enjoy, and this, an addon can fulfill that for now.

Not really as valid, nor important, it is a specialized function you would like to enjoy, and this, an addon can fulfill that for now.

That one I have not noticed as a problem at all. Clicking too fast? Or need a prompt to get approval for sorting?

- - - Updated - - -

I.. didn't know there were ElvUI fanboys?! Learning something new. Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised now that I think about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed. It was made and updated to reawaken their view of their UI setup and needs for the basic playstyle. It is never going to tick all the boxes of every damn player in WoW.

I got rid of Bartender, WeakAuras, and SexyMap (I think it was called) because the new UI easily did their job.

I still have Altoholic, AllTheThings, TRP3Ext, HandyNotes, DeadlyBossMods, Rare Tracker, Details, Immersion, Listener, TomCat, TomTom, Musician, and EmoteSplitter.

I am sure as hell not going to demand the whole list added into the game - I have a dream of a select few but not all. It would be WAY too much for a basic UI, and for the average player.
    responded above... and just wow to your post lol. And you actually saying that getting rid of WA because new UI does its job. I can't.
    Last edited by Gratz; 2022-10-27 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    It's not an addon, and it's not 100% identical to the old UI, but the people at wowhead did provide a reasonable attempt at duplicating the old UI and you can just copy/paste their code to try it out:

https://www.wowhead.com/news/return-...r-again-329558
    Oh neato. Thank you
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard