First impressions playing DF prepatch.

So as a pretext I'd like to say that I never once complained about BFA on forums. I've probably written a hundred threads/posts loaded with hatred against what I thought about SL and its various negative aspects. SL wasn't all bad tho it had alot going for it.

DF Prepatch:

I recently lvled another priest from 1-51? I think it's been great, the streamlining with how the talent system builds your character and how power feels generally is very player centric(SL was just breakpoints for classes to be OP pressing 1 button, perhapss speccing that one talent that gave you 10-20% more dps, really lame.)

It's very satisfying that low level isn't the only equator for power now, it feels way more balanced toward higher levels.

I noticed alot of other players enjoying the game and having fun and the vibe was great people were hooked on the gameplay such a success.

PVP is looking great aswell, for the same reason PVE is looking great, atleast right now, and I hope Blizzard won't gimp the characters down to being overbalanced or underpowered again. I like making the comparison that WOTLK is like Counter-Strike and SL is like Overwatch. DF prepatch feels closer to Counter-Strike than WoW has felt like what feels like forever(BFA and Legion, and previous expansions were alot closer to CS than SL has been.)

Strange comparison but I mean the pace is faster.

If the game keeps playing like this after they've fixed the enormous amount of gamebreaking bugs, and they don't back down because "NOOBS CAN'T HANDLE THEIR SKILL LEVEL COMING TO LIGHT". Please Blizzard don't back down on what you're doing right now XD

Anyways, I'm praising Blizzard right now I think this is great and I'm really looking forward to entering DF!

Here's some bugs I've noticed.

The ui not saving, nameplate, possible distance? issues.

As Shadow and idk about other specs the Holy Nova talent Rhapsody stops building stacks and you have to reuse holy nova to start building stacks with it again...(inb4 someone says it only stacks to 20. I mean the Rhapsody talent stops working completely and builds no stacks at all).

If you enter a tower in Wintergrasp your game will crash.

So on topic. What are you guys enjoying about the prepatch?
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-10-29 at 02:49 PM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    So on topic. What are you guys enjoying about the prepatch?
    my favorite thing about it so far is that nearly everything about the experience of interacting with the game is so annoying and offputting that it's making it way easier for me to tune out for the next month until DF launches.

4 more weeks give or take, and hopefully what i consider to be essential addons will be updated so i can make the game actually playable again from a visual standpoint, then when DF launches i can spend a couple weeks getting used to how all the classes feel "mostly the same but weirdly different" and reset my expectations for DPS numbers so i have a more consistent idea of how everyone is doing relative to each other.
    looking forward to the few extra points for talents so i can fill in gaps in abilies or passives that right now makes it feel like my toons are weirdly incomplete, or get used to new buttons i've been forced to take because they're in the way of getting to other shit i actually wanted.

this isn't all to shit on wow by the way - this was always going to be a transitory patch, and people were either going to like the shift or dislike it, and i happen to be someone who dislikes it.
    that doesn't mean i'm not invested long term, and i'm definitely very excited for DF launching and taking the time to quest and level while getting used to new things.
    but right now, i gotta say that dealing with all this shit in the tail end of the shadowlands season seems really tedious.
    (well, "all this" just being a UI i still haven't been able to mod back into being useable and talents making my classes feel off, and the fact that i'm not spending hundreds of thousands of gold to buy 14 new legendaries to use for 3 weeks so most of my alts are missing abilities)
    Last edited by Malkiah; 2022-10-29 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    my favorite thing about it so far is that nearly everything about the experience of interacting with the game is so annoying and offputting that it's making it way easier for me to tune out for the next month until DF launches.

4 more weeks give or take, and hopefully what i consider to be essential addons will be updated so i can make the game actually playable again from a visual standpoint, then when DF launches i can spend a couple weeks getting used to how all the classes feel "mostly the same but weirdly different" and reset my expectations for DPS numbers so i have a more consistent idea of how everyone is doing relative to each other.
    looking forward to the few extra points for talents so i can fill in gaps in abilies or passives that right now makes it feel like my toons are weirdly incomplete, or get used to new buttons i've been forced to take because they're in the way of getting to other shit i actually wanted.

this isn't all to shit on wow by the way - this was always going to be a transitory patch, and people were either going to like the shift or dislike it, and i happen to be someone who dislikes it.
    that doesn't mean i'm not invested long term, and i'm definitely very excited for DF launching and taking the time to quest and level while getting used to new things.
    but right now, i gotta say that dealing with all this shit in the tail end of the shadowlands season seems really tedious.
    (well, "all this" just being a UI i still haven't been able to mod back into being useable and talents making my classes feel off, and the fact that i'm not spending hundreds of thousands of gold to buy 14 new legendaries to use for 3 weeks so most of my alts are missing abilities)

Sounds like you are quite engaged. I'm not buying a legendary or gearing my new priest I'm leveling right now but it will be my main come DF. I'm trying to learn different ways to play my class and sure it feels incomplete but it's a good thing I think putting us at choice and having to navigate that complexity.
    Being overly optimistic I think you will warm up to it and enjoy it in no time at all after hearing what you've had to say!

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    I think you will warm up to it and enjoy it in no time at all after hearing what you've had to say!
    oh i know i will, i'm getting older so these times of change are starting to have an automatic crotchety effect on me and while i recognize it, i still can't help it.
    and being fair, i'm sure i've felt this way about *every* expansion... that i didn't like how things looks slightly different or my classes were a bit off.

i'm sure by the end of the year i'll have forgotten what anything was like pre-DF, and then in 3 years i'll be bitching up a storm how this new-fangled expansion isn't like DF and it's annoying =P

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    oh i know i will, i'm getting older so these times of change are starting to have an automatic crotchety effect on me and while i recognize it, i still can't help it.
    and being fair, i'm sure i've felt this way about *every* expansion... that i didn't like how things looks slightly different or my classes were a bit off.

i'm sure by the end of the year i'll have forgotten what anything was like pre-DF, and then in 3 years i'll be bitching up a storm how this new-fangled expansion isn't like DF and it's annoying =P
    Haha truly! I love the whole "learning what Blizzard is up to next" thing I'm trying to figure out what they're aiming for.

Pre-patch looks fun, excited about the expansion for sure.
    Took a month off work to just play a little.

Umm...Determined dwarf spends five hours soloing WoW raid boss that shouldn't be soloable

An extremely patient World of Warcraft player has managed to solo a current-tier raid boss during the Dragonflight pre-patch. It took the Brewmaster monk Vennbrew over five hours to down Rygelon, the penultimate boss from the Fated Sepulcher of the First Ones raid.

The "world first pre-patch solo kill" happened this past weekend and was made possible partly due to the introduction of Dragonflight's class talents and their overlap with existing Shadowlands powers. Some of the new class talents are themselves versions of covenant abilities or legendary powers and several classes can benefit from having combinations that were never meant to be used together, making them pretty overpowered in the final weeks of the expansion.

It took Vennbrew around 90 attempts to get it right with the actual kill taking just over five hours. That's not five hours' worth of tries—the actual encounter took that long. Basically, once the mechanic happens which should enrage the boss and wipe the raid, Vennbrew had to auto-attack for the rest of the fight.

All I can say is that if you've got any pressing plans to solo a raid boss, you'd better get it done before Dragonflight launches on November 28 and those extra powers go away for good.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine so far, but there's none of the new content which doesn't really add much from what I understand so my expectations aren't high.

I'm spending the pre-patch working on Covenants, mainly Transmog sets which requires lots of rep grinding, campaigns (16 for all sets) and anima (NF alone is over 200k Anima for things). I'm also trying to finish off most of the mounts of Shadowlands, with the ones I need mainly Covenant related. I also need 4 more Prototype mounts and then I can move on to pets. I'm also 1 treasure from ZM away from Veilstrider, having been working on the ZM Treasures achievement on an Alt as my main is bugged (currently on a 4 week ticket with 2 auto responses so far) and getting in some decent gold from Callings prior to their butchering. Essentially, profit and finish as much of Shadowlands as I can.

I've started to mess with new talent builds on most Classes, although I've been playing with default specs on a fair few Alts and learning new things and slowly setting up Action Bars for any potential changes/abilities that need to be added. The vast majority of my addons are working decently, although Bartender4/Tomtom have a few issues with Blizzard and not letting me interact with Torghast/ZM Powers and requiring reloads.

Unfortunately I had setup a UI with the Blizzard one with the eventual aim to replace Bartender4 completely (Editor is missing things like Bag/Menu Bar moving, X/Y Coordinates for things (helpful for lining things up/centralisation)). However earlier today it deleted both of my edited ones and I'm not massively looking forward to remaking it and then going through 50 characters and each spec to change them all over (around 150 changes, yaaay). Would be nice to have a dropdown option to use edited UIs on all specs at once instead of respeccing to each and changing it.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Unfortunately I had setup a UI with the Blizzard one with the eventual aim to replace Bartender4 completely (Editor is missing things like Bag/Menu Bar moving, X/Y Coordinates for things (helpful for lining things up/centralisation)). However earlier today it deleted both of my edited ones and I'm not massively looking forward to remaking it and then going through 50 characters and each spec to change them all over (around 150 changes, yaaay). Would be nice to have a dropdown option to use edited UIs on all specs at once instead of respeccing to each and changing it.
    I resubbed last night and after spending about 40 minutes tweaking my UI I swapped to another character only to find that it had deleted itself.

The next time I finished it, I saved the export code in .txt file.