View Poll Results: What week will Ulduar launch?

Voters
106. This poll is closed
  • Before 2023

10 9.43%
  • Jan 3

2 1.89%
  • Jan 10

16 15.09%
  • Jan 17

23 21.70%
  • Jan 24

6 5.66%
  • Jan 31

4 3.77%
  • Feb 7

11 10.38%
  • Feb 14

8 7.55%
  • Feb 21

3 2.83%
  • Feb 28

3 2.83%
  • Mar 7

2 1.89%
  • Mar 14

0 0%
  • Mar 21

0 0%
  • Mar 28

1 0.94%
  • April 4

1 0.94%
  • April 11

1 0.94%
  • April 11 or later

1 0.94%
  • I don't care

9 8.49%
  • I hope as soon as possible

5 4.72%
  • Please don't launch it on Valentine's Day the missus will not understand

0 0%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What week will Ulduar launch?

Looks like BC was mostly 3 1/2 to 4 months apart. However with Dragonflight launching on Black Friday and the way the holidays fall I'd be highly surprised if it gets launched this year. Plus Ulduar has 14ish bosses and a vehicle fight to debug so that's a lot different than cranking out Zul'Aman.

For reference:

June 1, 2021 Burning Crusade launched, with pre-patch on May 18th.

Sep 14, 2021 The Eye and SSC

Jan 17, 2022 Battle for Mount Hyjal and Black Temple

March 22, Zul'Aman

May 12, 2022 Sunwell

Aug 30, 2022 Wrath pre-patch

Sep 26, 2022 Wrath launch
    Last edited by garicasha; 2022-10-24 at 12:17 PM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

3+ Year Old Account
    They ain't overlapping Retail content releases with Classic, so I guess it won't come any sooner than January 31st

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd guess anywhere from mid January to early February at the latest.

Late January or February.
    Would have said early Jan but let's face it, it feels lile there just aren't resources assigned to classic anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nak88 View Post
    They ain't overlapping Retail content releases with Classic, so I guess it won't come any sooner than January 31st
    The final part of retail release is Dec 13th though?

I'm going to guess about mid January. I have a feeling a good chunk of the Classic team has been giving a hand on Dragonflight so until it is up and running I don't see much getting done. I also think they will want to avoid the holidays as much as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soon

/10c
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

At least 2 more months of Naxx. Maybe 3.

2nd or 3rd week of january is my best guess.

Giving people the holiday break to catch up on Naxx, finish achievements etc then releasing Ulduar mid January would be ideal IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering first phase hasn't even been out for a month I'm hoping ulduar is at least mid-late febuary or at the most early to mid march.

January is too early. Late February to mid March is ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    January is too early. Late February to mid March is ideal.
    Why is it too early? Most raiders have been clearing Nax since 1st lockout.
    "Peace is a lie"

7+ Year Old Account
    I have it from a solid source : early June.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Because some of us want to play the game and enjoy it, rather than rushing and complaining about nothing to do. Not to mention rng on loot...

I don't want Wrath to be over in record time and rushed like TBC was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Because some of us want to play the game and enjoy it, rather than rushing and complaining about nothing to do. Not to mention rng on loot...

I don't want Wrath to be over in record time and rushed like TBC was.
    I get what you are saying but 6 months of naxx is too long. i could definitely get behind 6 months of ulduar, but we cleared every raid in the 1st lockout. I can't see running Naxx for 5 more months. We are not an elite guild and are not rushing. The content is just too easy right now. I am enjoying it, but I don't see that our raiders will want to run Naxx until March. If that happens I am afraid we will lose people
    "Peace is a lie"

Most people are significantly slower than that.

...which is less than a freaking month, ffs. Why does everyone want to rush Wrath? Are we all itching to get to Cata faster? Not everyone has cleared the content yet. Most scrubs can't do Sarth 1D, let alone 3D. Or Malygos. Where is your data that "most" raiders have cleared all the content?

I wish there were a poll option for, "I wish as late as possible".

I wish they would spread the content out. By releasing Classic in 2019, Blizzard had a perfect schedule to release a version of WoW every year. They're morons of course, so they fucked that up and released Wrath at around the same time as Dragonflight. Now my Classic guild is dropping people left and right for people wanting to check out retail -- putting a damper on P1.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    ...which is less than a freaking month, ffs. Why does everyone want to rush Wrath? Are we all itching to get to Cata faster? Not everyone has cleared the content yet. Most scrubs can't do Sarth 1D, let alone 3D. Or Malygos.
    I am not saying release now. All I was saying is March is too long. As far as rushing, what are we supposed to do. Purposely wipe or call raid early so we don’t finish? We went in week one 100% expecting to hit a wall and not finish but we cleared it in under 3 hours. It just happened. I enjoy raiding and am having fun. I was just replying to the comment about waiting to March. I find it hard to believe that any regular raiding group is not clearing this in a weekly raid schedule. We do Naxx night one, the the others night 2. This lockout one of our 25 man raid groups (we have 2) did all the raids in under 4 hours so they didn’t even have a night 2 raid night.

And your comment about most scrubs seems to imply that a new raid should not come out until all scrubs can clear

Again we are not some elite guild, mostly a bunch of old people having fun.
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2022-10-29 at 10:36 PM.
    "Peace is a lie"

I get what you are saying but 6 months of naxx is too long. i could definitely get behind 6 months of ulduar, but we cleared every raid in the 1st lockout. I can't see running Naxx for 5 more months. We are not an elite guild and are not rushing. The content is just too easy right now. I am enjoying it, but I don't see that our raiders will want to run Naxx until March. If that happens I am afraid we will lose people
    I agree it's too easy, but what's the rush honestly? Enjoy the laid back scene whilst we've got it. I cleared everything first ID as well, it's been quite nice to use that time to level an alt and gear him also. Now I'm at the point where both chars are geared and doing splits, so I can have a relaxed approach to the game until Ulduar is out.

What I mean is, I'm having fun and it's mainly because of the difference in classes and everything from TBC. Let's not wish it over when it's barely started

Also, a lot of people aren't in the same type of guilds we seemingly are, give them a chance to clear stuff and gear also haha.