Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Take a look at it again. You're wrong in every sense. The gear is very much mandatory for anything above world quest content. Can you earn *SOME* mats in solo content, at a vastly slower rate? Sure. Can you also use crafting orders and just buy everything for gold through the UI? Very much so.
    The embellishments are anything but optional gear lol. They are defacto legendaries.
    And everyone and their mama, including streamers are screaming this will be far worse than the SL leggos, which was a fucking disaster and one of the top reasons for buying a token. This will be the same, just 10 times worse. Just wait
    Mate, invasion, and warmode gear go to mid-level normal raiding, crafting is just another method, I guess you could say, an easier method but it ain't mandatory. You have three methods of high-level world gear, heck, warmode, and invasion goes higher than crafting.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Mate, invasion, and warmode gear go to mid-level normal raiding, crafting is just another method, I guess you could say, an easier method but it ain't mandatory. You have three methods of high-level world gear, heck, warmode, and invasion goes higher than crafting.
    That sounds good on paper but we both know thats not how reality works or how the community perceives things?
    The gear itself is mandatory, this is not up for debate mate... how you get it will always be the path of least resistance and time, which is why you just buy it all for gold.
    Now we can debate if their intention is to fuel token sales or not, sure, that will be a grey area and sort of a "agree to disagree"...but the system and gear itself is not really up for debate in terms of mandatory :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnotadentist View Post
    Well the thing is that with how often they are patching (4 times this week so far) addons can't keep up!
    ... You don't need to update addons every patch, the only thing that breaks an addon is them changing something on the API that the addon uses. I released an addon in WoD that has worked with the same code since then, it's still working now in pre-patch. The others I usually have to change a few lines every expansion.

This release had a lot of breaking changes on the API for most addons but that's it, it's a one time deal, they don't change the API every patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Floating health bars no longer show the Elite icon mark, i.e. the gold dragon, so you now you don't know if a mob is an elite or not until you click on it and check its nameplate.

That is an undeniable downgrade from the old UI.
    A fix for that has already been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Why are people freaking out over the UI?
    In a few days everything will return to normal with addons right?

Even in roleplay server people are freaking out in chat...wth
    Because the addons i used are still getting tons of errors. I'd rather not have to close the error window every 2 seconds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That has never happened to me. It saved it fine and it has never been erased.

- - - Updated - - -

Correct. Massive changes to the UI ALWAYS break addons. They will have to be updated and then will no longer work if you still have the old UI and try to use it. Addon makers would have to maintain two different versions.
    Well since it didn't happen to you I guess the problem doesn't exist. It happened to me where literally everything on my action bars was gone when I logged back in the next day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Because progression is needed in something that has not been touched in a loooooooooooong time. There's most likely going to be an addon for that.
    This is actually correct. To create progress we gotta butcher through the errors and bugfixes. If we don't do that we will never reach progress.
    We would had never reached Space if we stopped at the first redflag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Okay so the new UI, while I will say that they tried to do some cool stuff with it, all it has been so far is annoying and hard to tweak to my liking.
    The function i cannot stand the most in the New profession window, that takes up 3/4 of the screen, will close out the AH, and IS NONCUSTOMIZABLE AT ALL.
    Because most players use UI altering addons anyway - the UI literally lacked any form of customisation, so it makes sense they've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    A fix for that has already been announced.
    Is it? Did they reverse their decision? Because it's written in their "known bugs" thread for Dragonflight that not showing the elite mob marker was an intended change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    This is actually correct. To create progress we gotta butcher through the errors and bugfixes. If we don't do that we will never reach progress.
    We would had never reached Space if we stopped at the first redflag.
    But was turning colored tab icons into piss colored lucky charms welded to the bottom left of my screen progress? I used to be able to see I was in a heroic raid by looking at a colored flag with a white skull on it. Is it really a bug that now it is a grey square with a grey skull on it? Picking a background color for readability isn't rocket science, it's web design. A lot of web design nerds play wow. This pissed off the most of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Is it? Did they reverse their decision? Because it's written in their "known bugs" thread for Dragonflight that not showing the elite mob marker was an intended change.
    "Known bugs" "Intended"

Sorry mate, but those two can't be in the same phrase. They mean the opposite of each other. And yes they did say it, the textures are already on the patch files, honestly I'm not even sure if it's not implemented yet, I got a patch earlier, haven't checked.

edit: I just checked, seems to be there
    Last edited by m4xc4v413r4; 2022-10-30 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    "Known bugs" "Intended"

Sorry mate, but those two can't be in the same phrase. They mean the opposite of each other.
    The "Known Bugs" thread is not just to list actual bugs, but also to point out that changes people perceive to be bugs are not actual bugs but intended new behavior.

And the update is making addons NONFUNCTIONAL, which is kinda butt.
    No. Addon authors are making addons 'nonfunctional'. As I said, pay them, or call them lazy - but it's not Blizzard's fault or problem.

Design is bad, adjustment level is bad: font of names is too small, you cannot adjust everything, you cannot even move enemy cast bar.
    Changes for the sake of changes is always bad.

Quote Originally Posted by qoozy View Post
    Design is bad, adjustment level is bad: font of names is too small, you cannot adjust everything, you cannot even move enemy cast bar.
    Changes for the sake of changes is always bad.
    No change for the sake of no change is also bad.

Also, it would be best if you also tried to tone down on using infinitives. Change (even for the sake of it) isn't always bad.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

10+ Year Old Account
    imagine a console version not able to run addons.

I support what they're going for and already use it over bartender but there is once again a bit of "multidollar company" in this rework.

Why tf can we not move the bags, game-menu bar and experience bar? (or customize them in any way really...)
    Why are there so little options for most UI elements in general? 80% of UI elements basically only have the option "revert changes" and "reset to default position".... which makes the first option kind of nonsensical to begin with.

Not to be that guy but I actually really love being that guy right here and now: FF14 has a quarter to maybe a third of the team size and budget yet their UI customization while far from perfect in it's first iteration (ARR) was a lot more advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Its so stupid. People who used addons before will keep using them, because the new base UI has less functionality. On top of that, people who just used the old UI are completely screwed over because it's impossible to get it back. Which leads those people to also need to use addons.

I get that they wanted to revamp the base UI, but it has been a complete and total failure. The new look and style is also boring and devoid of any soul.

Not all of them. I've ditched my bar mods. I needed functional not flashy fancyness some of the addons do. It's been soooo nice having a default UI that actually does what I want it to do.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a good addition but it needs more iteration and depth. If you're a more casual/newer player it great, removing the need to use bigger UI edits.

Unfortunately for me I don't like it enough yet so I'm still using Bartender4. The reasoning for this is the lack of options of individual scaling, accuracy of positioning and also movement of other features.

Starting with scaling, using the Default UI by action bars are massive. I could scale my UI but this makes everything else tiny in comparison. In a similar thing I can't accurately setup my UI the way I want. There's no centre options along X or Y or coordinates to allow me to stack my bars perfectly (the snap option doesn't seem to fix this either) which bothers me.

There's also limitations on what can be moved, such as the Micro Menu and Bag Bars. I've had my Micro Menu in the bottom left of my screen for years now, with two bars on the lower right for mounts/toys/hearthstones/utility but right now they overlap with the Bag Bar (and also due to the action bar sizing don't fit correctly). Also an option to chose where the bags spawn from would be nice.

I had hoped to do away with Bartender4 honestly as the 8 total action bars is what I need and use. Ultimately the new UI isn't where I need it to be yet, although I have been swapping my Action Bars and UI in Edit Mode to be the same (Same Action Bars positioning/keybinding for Bartender and Edit Mode UI). I do have updated positions of the Character/Target/Focus Frame though from Edit Mode which I'm slowly getting used to.

I've been having a lot of issues with the Patch, with a few crashes, game freezes, FPS drops, having to /reload often with Bartender conflicting with the UI for things like Torghast Powers/ ZM Powers and flyouts currently not working with Bartender4. Also the default Raid frames have massive issues with LFR/World Boss Groups and spawn in a worse position than previously. Hopefully smooths out over the new month.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Because WoW is going to console soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Why tf can we not move the bags, game-menu bar and experience bar? (or customize them in any way really...)
    I don't know any reason to spot us customizing the bag bar, but for menu there might be a game design reason:

You can unbind the key used for opening the main menu. If you could hide or remove the menu bar, you could effectively softlock the game.

Okay so the new UI, while I will say that they tried to do some cool stuff with it, all it has been so far is annoying and hard to tweak to my liking.
    The function i cannot stand the most in the New profession window, that takes up 3/4 of the screen, will close out the AH, and IS NONCUSTOMIZABLE AT ALL.
    BlizzMove atm solves the bulk of my issues with the UI since it allows the interface windows to be moved and scaled.
    I definitely agree its half-baked though. Half the elements can't be moved and some items like the LFR/LFG got moved to weird new locations. For this to be one of the 4 big box features, it would be nice if it was a polished product.