Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just realized this is pretty much the same thing as an NFT.

Edit: Or rather used to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see that Blizzard have made an agreement to use wasted resources as promotional material! No complaints here, got a load of TCG items but they are well, wasted overall. I wasn't happy about the idea of adding them but for promotional stuff, all fine here.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Yes, I'm pretty sure all streamers will gather together so they can only give ppl 3 hours and 59 minutes of streams so noone can get the rewards.
    if you are done being sarcastic, maybe you would ke to answer the question in my post in a less sarcastic way

Fel Drake looks good, but I wish they made an HD model for the occasion

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    also how will we even identify eligible streamers?
    You identify them (provided you're not blind) by the big info on the Twitch bar that you're eligible for a reward while watching this stream...
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-10-31 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    You identify them (provided you're not blind) by the big info on the Twitch bar that you're eligible for a reward while watching this stream...

ah i didnt know what info has to be included, i know what to look for

what im more annoyed about is that the pet and mount are only available for 2 days yet the availability of the toy is 2 weeks.... they should all be 2 weeks imo

Whales all over the internet crying out in pain as their meaningless, irrelevant pixels are now worthless.

I would have linked my account and set a stream up and did something else while its playing for the Ichabod pet but I'll never sub to a twitch streamer for it much less two streamers. You win some and you lose some I guess. I already have a Feldrake mount and the other two "rewards" don't interest me at all.

so instead of actually PLAYING the game we're supposed to watch somebody else play in order to unlock stuff? why?!?

Nice, always liked the Feldrake mount but no way was I going to pay more than a thousand for it due to a stupid decade-old FOMO promotion. Anyone crying about this played themselves as far as I'm concerned.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    so instead of actually PLAYING the game we're supposed to watch somebody else play in order to unlock stuff? why?!?
    Marketing. It raises the status of WoW on Twitch which potentially draws more viewers and streamers. They in turn can draw more players. In return all WoW has to do is offer a few items. It is easy to earn while AFK and the only thing that stops that is a streamer ending their stream before you meet all requirements. It really is no different then collector edition items. You just don't pay with cash (except for the pet tied to subscription gifts)
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

*makes popcorn* oh boy oh boy, good entertainment tonight.

The amount of popcorn that needs to be supplied to me is immeasurable. Let the games begin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    As soon as I saw the TCG mount I knew this would create (even more) drama. Sucks if you paid real money for it and are now pissed, but at the same time you've only got yourself to blame. I have the 2 TCG rockets (red and blue) and I really couldn't give a crap if they added them as drops, I've used them enough over the course of their existence in the game.

I myself am really only interested in the kite.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the streamers themselves decide if they want to enable twitch drops? I've no idea how it works but I thought I saw someone else post that.
    Yes that is the case, can't remember where exactly but there's an option to enable Twitch Drops for your streams. Not too sure how it displays while streaming a game with a drop enabled though.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I really don't care. It shows people are greedy af. A lot of people here shit on others and pretend they care how so many people are going to be happy they get some drops -assuming they can spend the time to get them in this first place- but it's not the case anymore. I know a lot of people are going to be happy to get this mount, but the same people who rooted for this are now complaining because they are losing on something really rare and exclusive instead of being happy others are going to get it. In reality it doesn't even matter, it's just about showing it off, and now they can't anymore.
    No, it just shows that you have a weird bias against people disagreeing.

Like, I'm all for Twitch drops.
    I'm also all for adding more ways to get the TCG mounts.

Just giving them away when the only way to get them was money and gold before this is going to leave a bad taste in people's mouth.

Like I said, slap them on a vendor, go ahead, I don't care. But just giving it away like this seems weird, especially since now some people funny even benefit from it because they already had the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Futch View Post
    You're acting like a TCG card is like a Michael Jordan rookie card. It's about time they started rereleasing the TCG items.
    I mean in a sense they were the exact same thing. It was a printed card that is out of print just like said rookie card. Except in this case the card had a game reward attached to it where the Jordan card has nothing attached to it. It is no different than MTG cards that have been out of print for 20 years suddenly getting reprinted. On one hand it sucks for the collectors/buyers/sellers of said cards/in game items but that is a small price to pay to bring said items back into the game for others. Hell I'm even directly hit by this because I am one of the few with the perpetual purple firework, so that rarity is poof. Ah well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    what's to stop twitch streamers from being petty
    Because all it takes is one single wow streamer to enable drops and everyone will go there to get their items. This is about money and those streamers want the viewers and the money that it entails. More than ever because of the new promotion for people to buy gift subs to get a new pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    This gives a wrong signal in so many ways for the future of where Blizzard and Twitch put their focus to retain and regain players.
    The shitshow with boosts, Mounts and Character copies in Classic wasn't enough so they had to sprinkle some more into Retail aswel.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I think I paid like 160 euro back than when it came out for it, and I'm still pissed. Can't wait to get my 2k euro spectral tiger invalidated.
    First, your purchase was not of a Blizzard product. It was an Upper Deck product in affiliation with Blizzard. The only official way to buy the card was in physical packs. While Blizzard had no way of stopping second hand sales of cards outside this method, they have absolutely zero obligation to anyone who paid a lot of money for those pets/mounts to keep them rare and unique. That's on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekko View Post
    You're NEVER getting the value back even if they didn't do this...

Think about what you're talking about. You're pretending this is an investment and it isn't. You can't sell your WoW account (legally) so why should they care about the "worth" of it?
    The funny part is that our BattleNet accounts are not are property to begin with. They never were. The Terms of Use explicitly state that our accounts are the property of Blizzard.

Will the mount be obtained as an item we can list on the AH, just like the original is? I already have the mount, but I would love to have one to hang on to for later auctioning!

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I would have linked my account and set a stream up and did something else while its playing for the Ichabod pet but I'll never sub to a twitch streamer for it much less two streamers.
    Well the promotion is GIFTING 2 subs to wow streamers and I doubt you can gift yourself a sub.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Marketing. It raises the status of WoW on Twitch which potentially draws more viewers and streamers. They in turn can draw more players. In return all WoW has to do is offer a few items. It is easy to earn while AFK and the only thing that stops that is a streamer ending their stream before you meet all requirements. It really is no different then collector edition items. You just don't pay with cash (except for the pet tied to subscription gifts)
    I am curious if they had just put these items on the wow cash shop if it would have caused more of a stir. It might have even made them more money in the long run.