5+ Year Old Account

Question Scrapped Intro for Waking Shores?

0.55-1.11 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRA9...orldofWarcraft

"The boats come right alongside each other. You can jump from one boat to the other and start causing havoc on the other faction's boat. It's free for all, gonna be great."

So what happened to this feature? Did they forget or scrap it?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HeraldofSargeras View Post

"The boats come right alongside each other. You can jump from one boat to the other and start causing havoc on the other faction's boat. It's free for all, gonna be great."

do the boats not appear next to each other? I would assume with war mode on it would be as described if they did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    do the boats not appear next to each other? I would assume with war mode on it would be as described if they did.
    One is an airship and the other is an actual boat. I suppose you could try jumping from the horde airship onto the alliance boat but I think you would end up faceplanting.
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account

I guess it may or may not have been scrapped due to the demand for warmode to be needed unless warmode has a different introduction.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    One is an airship and the other is an actual boat. I suppose you could try jumping from the horde airship onto the alliance boat but I think you would end up faceplanting.
    The airship lands in the water. But the point is they start at the exact same spot.

it might have been altered slightly, instead of havbing them come into the zone midway seemignly, you start at the edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The airship lands in the water. But the point is they start at the exact same spot.

it might have been altered slightly, instead of having them come into the zone midway seemignly, you start at the edge.
    well i wouldnt really consider being hundreds of feet in the air ontop of a boat at sea level same spot really. even so while on the beta i didn't see the alliance and horde vessels arriving at the same time. Im sure they would sync up and then unsync

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    well i wouldnt really consider being hundreds of feet in the air ontop of a boat at sea level same spot really. even so while on the beta i didn't see the alliance and horde vessels arriving at the same time. Im sure they would sync up and then unsync
    Whole point is that the point of "in warmode it will be chaos because you start in the exact same place" holds true, but yeah obviously originally the intro was slightly different with us going down river, but yeah, I have seen them arrive at the same time pretty constantly, they have the same time to travel so they shouldnt unsync.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

5+ Year Old Account
    alliance and horde are allies now so why anyone should fight

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastis View Post
    alliance and horde are allies now so why anyone should fight
    You know War Mode still exists, right?
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Whole point is that the point of "in warmode it will be chaos because you start in the exact same place" holds true, but yeah obviously originally the intro was slightly different with us going down river, but yeah, I have seen them arrive at the same time pretty constantly, they have the same time to travel so they shouldnt unsync.
    hm maybe they got them resyned up since i haven't played in the last 3 builds. and i figured the warmode would be more used in the camps then the ships but ya i get the idea of it

What a bunch of hypocrite assholes. "Yeah it's a free for all, go at it it will be fun". Reality: you attack someone on the boat or at the pier and 10 guards instantly spawn and CC spam you until you die.

Probably just a change in development/scrapped idea rather than a full 'scrapped intro'.' The Alliance still use a ship, but the Horde uses an airship, possibly because they only have the very small and shitty dock, versus the Alliance's massive and numerous docks and harbor. The Horde has more rooms for zeppelins, and the Alliance more room for boats. Lot harder to be able to hop back and forth during all that. I bet the timing probably would have been a nightmare to properly get right too.

I'm hoping in the future they expand or actually let the Horde use Bilgewater, though that might cost us yet another Stormwind update (how many can it get), so unlikely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    It's there. It's just part of the actual questing also. You kill proto dragons while they snatch your guys up and whatnot.

- - - Updated - - -

Also the Horde has an airship and not a boat. Still a ship tho.
    But that airship lands in the water when you arrive on the Dragon Isles.