Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Broken transmog promises.

"Blizzard
    Please don’t worry that any original starter gear might go away forever or become very rare.
    We’re working on making all of those various older starter pieces available to players who want to obtain them."

(They are still unobtainable)

"Ion Hazzikostas, Game Director said:
    Ongoing expansion and customization of it is something we are looking to do certainly by Dragonflight, possibly before then is rolling a lot of the white and grey quality items into the transmog system so that you can choose from a lot of simpler, humbler civilian attire-type looks. We want to keep adding in more options for customization and self-expression."

(This is still not on prepatch or Beta, no mention of it since.)

So how many expansions before either of these happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    "Blizzard
    Please don’t worry that any original starter gear might go away forever or become very rare.
    We’re working on making all of those various older starter pieces available to players who want to obtain them."

Ongoing expansion and customization of it is something we are looking to do certainly by Dragonflight, possibly before then is rolling a lot of the white and grey quality items into the transmog system so that you can choose from a lot of simpler, humbler civilian attire-type looks. We want to keep adding in more options for customization and self-expression."

It does sy "by Dragonflight" we're not even into it, nor its patches, I know high hopes, roleplayers have high hopes since we're not listened to hardly enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The expansion is not even out yet. They never promised you that it would be out before that. He also never guaranteed that it absolutely would be out by Dragonflight either.

Player entitlement is getting worse and worse.

I made a thread about this the other day on the official forums, they promised grey/white transmog in dragonflight which they apparently forgot about and hope everyone else did too

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The expansion is not even out yet. They never promised you that it would be out before that. He also never guaranteed that it absolutely would be out by Dragonflight either.

You're acting like it's a privilege to play this game and not something I'm actively spending money on

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know WoW was free to play!
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I made a thread about this the other day on the official forums, they promised grey/white transmog in dragonflight which they apparently forgot about and hope everyone else did too

You're acting like it's a privilege to play this game and not something I'm actively spending money on
    You are aware Dragonflight doesn't come out until Nov 28th right? So, they have not forgotten anything and you are whining that something isn't out yet that isn't supposed to be for another 4 weeks.

It is a privilege to play the game, one Blizzard can revoke at any time for any reason. They said it would be in by Dragonflight. Well, the expansion has not come out yet and you are already accusing them of broken promises because it is not out yest despite them saying it wouldn't be out until the expansion.

All your money does is give you access to the servers. Nothing mroe. But thanks for proving my point about entitlement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fullmetal89 View Post
    It's not. The sub only gets you access to the game. Nothing more. Demanding they give you something before they said it would be out = entitlement.

- - - Updated - - -

"Blizzard

Dragonflight doesn't come out until Nov 28thy. You have 4 weeks yet. .
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-11-01 at 07:07 PM.

Its not on the beta at all. So this is an irrelevant point to make.

That said, this thread is whining just to whine. Stuff always gets cut or re-envisioned. This true of pretty much every video game that's ever been released. And white/grey xmog is a pretty mild thing to be delayed. I doubt it was going to make or break DF for anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

That said, this thread is whining just to whine. Stuff always gets cut or re-envisioned. This true of pretty much every video game that's ever been released. And white/grey xmog is a pretty mild thing to be delayed. I doubt it was going to make or break DF for anyone.
    The transmog update was promised in Dragonflight, or before, sooo, could mean for 11.0 pre-patch for all we know.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You are aware Dragonflight doesn't come out until Nov 28th right? So, they have not forgotten anything and you are whining that something isn't out yet that isn't supposed to be for another 4 weeks.

It is a privilege to play the game, one Blizzard can revoke at any time for any reason. They said it would be in by Dragonflight. Well, the expansion has not come out yet and you are already accusing them of broken promises because it is not out yest despite them saying it wouldn't be out until the expansion.

All your money does is give you access to the servers. Nothing mroe. But thanks for proving my point about entitlement.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not. The sub only gets you access to the game. Nothing more. Demanding they give you something before they said it would be out = entitlement.

- - - Updated - - -

You're dickriding hard bro

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    As a roleplayer, I obviously would love whites and greys being added to mog appearances, and was over the moon when I heard that they would be added to the transmog system. Afterall, it was more than likely just a tick-box or something akin to that to add them to the system.

... Erm, yet they still haven't made an appearance. Forgive me if my feelings seem silly, but adding them to the transmog system can't be that complicated, right? I can only speculate given that I don't have access to the code or anything, but it could hardly be as difficult as programming a raid encounter - and we get anywhere from 8 to 12 of those a tier.

I am getting a bit leery / anxious that there will be some broken expectations, almost akin to WoD or BfA. It can't be that difficult, can it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

IT is relevant. IOn literally stated it would be available by Dragonflight. Dragonflight is not released until Nov 28th which means he has not broken any promise. NOt being on the beta does not mean it will not be out by the 28th. That is what I am getting at. IT's not a broken promise when the expansion is not live yet.

IT is relevant. IOn literally stated it would be available by Dragonflight. Dragonflight is not released until Nov 28th which means he has not broken any promise. NOt being on the beta does not mean it will not be out by the 28th. That is what I am getting at. IT's not a broken promise when the expansion is not live yet.
    The fact you think they would just randomly add an untested feature is pretty laughable.

If it isn't in beta at this point there's an almost zero chance of it being included in DF launch.

I mean it is with the token. I have not spent a penny on the game since the token came out and I have 4 accounts I pay with gold only.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm still waiting for the option for Sin and Sub rogues to be able to transmog daggers into other weapons. I was able to transmog a wand into a sword on my mage, but gods forbid I turn my rogue's dagger into a spikey fist weapon...

The same 3 or 4 dudes are on every thread on this website attacking anyone who complains about WoW. Super fans lol

Don't hold your breath. I remember when Blizzard promised we would cosmetic accessories. Quivers and ammo pouches, tomes, bandoliers, etc. Still waiting for them 8 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    The same 3 or 4 dudes are on every thread on this website attacking anyone who complains about WoW. Super fans lol
    tbh, the same 3-4 dudes make 99% of complain threads... so it balances itself out

- - - Updated - - -

paying for something doesnt mean you get everything you want... which is the case not only with wow but with... well, everything, pretty much...
    so yes, it is entitlement
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-11-01 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    tbh, the same 3-4 dudes make 99% of complain threads... so it balances itself out

- - - Updated - - -

paying for something doesnt mean you get everything you want... which is the case not only with wow but with... well, everything, pretty much...
    so yes, it is entitlement
    Guess they are not entitled to my money then. I was promised something and didn't get it. In some civilized countries you can sue over false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    Guess they are not entitled to my money then. I was promised something and didn't get it. In some civilized countries you can sue over false advertising.
    is dragonflight over? bcs afaik it was said to be delivered during dragonflight, possibly before, which mean they as of yet broke nothing...

also, what is said in interviews is not in any way promise, what is WRITTEN on the page where you buy the game is promise, and even there are legal clauses limiting how everything is subject to change (if you actualy bother to read it before just giving them money), so no you cant sue them, well you can but you have slim to none chances of winning, you can however refund your purchase (most likely)...

and last, no they are ofc not entitled to your money, its up to YOU whether you purchase something from them or not, they cant decide it for you, as you cant decide for them what will or wont be put into game... do you even understand the word "entitlement"?

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    People tend to say that. Well...I think we are mostly from "civilized" countries on this site and many are from the land of the free and the civil lawsuit, where lawyers are dying to represent you and stick it to the man.

17 years later in WoW...why has it not happened? Honest question, because some people here see so enraged by what Blizzard does, I would have expected at least 1 person to sue them. Hell...I would have expected thousands to sue them and at least one of them get compensation.

The thing about "not entitled to your money" however - I sign that. Vote with your wallet to me was always a good option. Too bad ofc when there are millions who still support what others hate and you kinda only have your rage or disbelief. But even that has always been part of life.
    Last edited by Just Passing through; 2022-11-04 at 03:22 PM.