Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy Unable to buy physical Dragonflight CE

So I've been trying to buy the physical Dragonflight Epic box set from the Blizzard Gear Store for over 3 months now. But every time my cards get denied with "payment declined" no matter how much cash are on them.

And before you ask I've tried 4 different Visa cards(mine and my hubby's) the US, UK and EU sites, different browsers and devices.

I finally got a reply from customer service and they just say "we are having issues processing orders to Norway" and that was it. No attempt to try and help me actually buy it. Not even a time frame for when I can hopefully buy it.

It's a bit frustrating since I haven't found any retailers in Norway that has it. Used to be like Elkjøp or Komplett but now it seems none of them take in the boxed sets.

The ship date for the boxed sets is the 21st so I don't have much time either.

Anyone here have experienced similar issues to Norway or other countries in Europe? Trying to figure out if this a sitewide issue or just Norway is singled out -_-

...it's because we're not the EU is it? I blame the Swedes(jk).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    So I've been trying to buy the physical Dragonflight Epic box set from the Blizzard Gear Store for over 3 months now. But every time my cards get denied with "payment declined" no matter how much cash are on them.

And before you ask I've tried 4 different Visa cards(mine and my hubby's) the US, UK and EU sites, different browsers and devices.

I finally got a reply from customer service and they just say "we are having issues processing orders to Norway" and that was it. No attempt to try and help me actually buy it. Not even a time frame for when I can hopefully buy it.

It's a bit frustrating since I haven't found any retailers in Norway that has it. Used to be like Elkjøp or Komplett but now it seems none of them take in the boxed sets.

Anyone here have experienced similar issues to Norway or other countries in Europe? Trying to figure out if this a sitewide issue or just Norway is singled out -_-

Sorry to hear. They are already slowly being shipped, and this year, I think they are trying to avoid too many retailers. Have you tried via Blizzard's Amazon shop page? And a bit weird they cannot process from Norway, there's no international sales block on your cards (It is something banks can do if they question where the money is going)?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Sorry to hear. They are already slowly being shipped, and this year, I think they are trying to avoid too many retailers. Have you tried via Blizzard's Amazon shop page? And a bit weird they cannot process from Norway, there's no international sales block on your cards (It is something banks can do if they question where the money is going)?
    I received mine yesterday, so yah.. it seems like they’re being exclusively sold through the gear store tbh.

If they can’t process your payment there’s not much you can do really? Unless you can find someone outside of Norway to purchase it for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah at the moment they're only being sold on the Blizzard Gear Store.

Have you tried contacting your bank to ask if they can see why the payment is being declined?

This problem was true for Germany as well. It was impossible to order with CC and at the same time CC was the only available payment method. Imagine not supporting at least PayPal in 2022. Took them 2 weeks to fix it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Yeah at the moment they're only being sold on the Blizzard Gear Store.

Have you tried contacting your bank to ask if they can see why the payment is being declined?
    From what I could find out there is nothing wrong with it. I purchase from other stores all around the globe all the time, but only Blizzard Gear Store is giving me this issue. And I can purchase stuff from the BattleNet store without issue.

I also find it odd they don't offer PayPal or even Stripe as an option.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    This problem was true for Germany as well. It was impossible to order with CC and at the same time CC was the only available payment method. Imagine not supporting at least PayPal in 2022. Took them 2 weeks to fix it.
    Credit and debit is the only option for me as well. No PayPal or Stripe or anything like that. Rather weird if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

I try to avoid using Amazon as much as possible, both because of moral reasons and because 9/10 times I get "This item cannot be shipped to your location." But I will check it out just to see, but I would prefer it stay the last resort option.

And I checked with my bank and they found nothing out of the ordinary. I shop internationally all the time and this is the first time I encounter something like this without having an expired card, low funds or a blocked card, none of which apply.

I just wish it would allow me to pay with PayPal or Stripe or something. Heck, I'll even take Klarna, as much as I loathe them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try to avoid using Amazon as much as possible, both because of moral reasons and because 9/10 times I get "This item cannot be shipped to your location." But I will check it out just to see, but I would prefer it stay the last resort option.

And I checked with my bank and they found nothing out of the ordinary. I shop internationally all the time and this is the first time I encounter something like this without having an expired card, low funds or a blocked card, none of which apply.

I just wish it would allow me to pay with PayPal or Stripe or something. Heck, I'll even take Klarna, as much as I loathe them.
    Just had a quick look. Have you tried using Google Pay and adding your own card through Google Pay when you select pre-order? Since that isn't on the Gear Team's system then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

From what I could find out there is nothing wrong with it. I purchase from other stores all around the globe all the time, but only Blizzard Gear Store is giving me this issue. And I can purchase stuff from the BattleNet store without issue.

I also find it odd they don't offer PayPal or even Stripe as an option.

- - - Updated - - -

Credit and debit is the only option for me as well. No PayPal or Stripe or anything like that. Rather weird if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if they had at least offered debit, that would have been totally fine. Germany is not a CC country at all. If you own a Credit Card you often even get weird looks here
    Chosing it as the only available payment method, not even allowing debit, which EVERYONE here uses, is super weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just had a quick look. Have you tried using Google Pay and adding your own card through Google Pay when you select pre-order? Since that isn't on the Gear Team's system then.
    I only get the option to pay with credit or debit card(Visa/MasterCard) No other option.

I only get the option to pay with credit or debit card(Visa/MasterCard) No other option.
    Might be a Norway/non-EU issue then. I get the option of Google pay (Denmark)
    Payback for taking our oil

Added: Stupid question:
    You aren't running noscript or other blockers? I had to whitelist a shitload of extra stuff in order to make the store work properly. Reminded me of Wowhead.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean if they had at least offered debit, that would have been totally fine. Germany is not a CC country at all. If you own a Credit Card you often even get weird looks here
    Chosing it as the only available payment method, not even allowing debit, which EVERYONE here uses, is super weird.
    Germany is a huge market and Blizzard should consider the peculiarities of Germany.

(For those that don't know it then Germany is the most backward country regarding payment with cards, mobile phone and general IT-stuff in all of Europe)
    Last edited by T-34; 2022-11-03 at 02:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Geez. Yeah that is weird. And same with Norway, we almost only use debit here. Credit card are mostly used for large sums of money or for travelling abroad.

Seems like the people designing this site doesn't know what is common in each specific country, or Europe in general.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Might be a Norway/non-EU issue then. I get the option of Google pay (Denmark)
    Payback for taking our oil

Added: Stupid question:
    You aren't running noscript or other blockers? I had to whitelist a shitload of extra stuff in order to make the store work properly. Reminded me of Wowhead.
    Not that I am aware of, and I did try it one 5 different devices, two of them Android phones with Chrome and no extensions. On PC we tried with both Chrome and Firefox, on two laptops and one desktop, one of which was a clean Windows 11 install(because I got a new laptop recently) with no adblockers or the like.

Also, mmm delicious precious oil.

- - - Updated - - -
    Germany is a huge market and Blizzard should consider the peculiarities of Germany.

(For those that don't know it then Germany is the most backward country regarding payment with cards, mobile phone and general IT-stuff in all of Europe)
    Aren't you guys still pushing Dankort? :P I know a bunch of Danish websites that let me order stuff to Norway buy they only accept Dankort...

7+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest going to official forums and/or contacting CS directly.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    This is a weird suggestion, but have you tried using a VPN to appear as if you're ordering from the USA? Obviously still put in all the correct shipping and billing info when you actually buy it, but to make your IP look like you're in another country.

get a friend in not-norway to buy it for you.

or use the UK/US store instead of the EU one.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what to suggest. It seems this year the only way to get the physical CE was the store when I've purchased most of mine recently from Amazon going back to Mists of Pandaria but no other retailers seem to be getting them this year for some reason (I assume money, more control for Blizzard just on their site). I'm from the UK but there's a separate site of GBP than EUR and didn't have issues, my box turned up yesterday.

Unless you have a relative or friend in a different country who have it delivered to them and then they send it on is all I can really think of.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Aren't you guys still pushing Dankort? :P I know a bunch of Danish websites that let me order stuff to Norway buy they only accept Dankort...
    Yeah, everyone has Dankort, but I doubt that anyone has it any more without either Visa or Master at the same time.
    Even kids when they are 13 or 14 get a combined Dankort/Visa nowadays.

But it is strange if the Blizzard store in the EU should only accept CC as most people have debit cards nowadays.
    And it doesn't make any sense for normal shopping when there is no need for putting down a retainer.

I've never had any problems with online-shopping anywhere in the EU when using my Visa (debit).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post

I have tried all the stores. Same thing happens. I also mentioned this in the main post btw.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This is a weird suggestion, but have you tried using a VPN to appear as if you're ordering from the USA? Obviously still put in all the correct shipping and billing info when you actually buy it, but to make your IP look like you're in another country.
    I will have to try this when I get home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I would suggest going to official forums and/or contacting CS directly.
    Currently not subbed so not able to do so. Not going to resub just to contact them, especially when I have no interest in playing right now. And we tried BattleNet customer support and never got an answer, which is just lovely. Think the Overwatch 2 stuff overshadowed our ticket.

Its usually the same deal as most Scandinavian countries have, including mine.
    Amazon, blizz, etc dont send a proper CVC2 request, which doesn't forward the 2FA authentication your and my bank requires. Which means an automatic decline on payment.
    Some banks you can circumvent this in settings for your online bank. Usually its opening up online purchases for under 1000 sek/nok.
    Some banks lets you open the account freely for ONLINE purchases for a 15-60 minutes period.

Its probably something like that for you too.
    All though, recently blizzard has added the correct CVC2 check and all my cards has worked all of 2022 (before, only 1 of 3 cards worked for blizzard, due to settings and regulations i explained above).

Neither blizzard or your bank can do anything about this.
    Blizzard will say its your bank that's the problem
    And your bank will say that blizzard needs to update their systems from a decade ago.
    And you'll be stuck in the middle.

A workaround will be creating a paypal account and linking your credit card that way.
    Or buying like paysafe cards and using that.

You can also have a friend gift it for you.
    Or have them send you blizzard store credits you then use.
    There's option but not real solution to your actual problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Chargebacks is the issue most of the time.
    Last edited by tomten; 2022-11-03 at 06:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post

As written in the main post I have tried all the stores; US, UK and EU. The same happens in all of them.

As written in the main post I have tried all the stores; US, UK and EU. The same happens in all of them.
    Read my explanation above. Thats the issue