Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    And the alternative reality is that Blizzard is monster, mindcontrolling me to use my wallet.

Good - this is settled. Quality discussion.
    My brother in Christ, that's how marketing works. Mindcontrol and all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    6 months, I could see working. You are tying yourself to a subscription, but heck, every expansion (Even the lackluster ones) are always worth 2-3 months - that would leave you half way stranded.
    Then you are not the target audience. Which is okay, right? It is always weird how people dislike something just because it won't benefit them.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Yeah, it's all evil Blizzard's marketing team that forces players to pay for subscriptions to a product they don't like. Yep. Just marketing. There is zero responsibility on part of the person buying the subscription to decide whether it's worth it. I mean, did you see that mount? They had no choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    My guy, referring to it as an "insurance policy" kind of says exactly that.
    I don't think so at all. It's simply a good business strategy. No matter the expansion's popularity or quality, Blizzard has players that quit within the first few months of the expansion. Of course they would offer incentives for those players to keep playing.

They're not "boosting" anything. They're offering players another way to pay for their subscriptions. That's all this is.
    We'll have to agree to disagree then.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    If you start a subscription you have to pay immediately. The gametime you currently have will then postpone the next billing day. So if you have 3 months paid with gold already, start a 12 month sub, you'll have to pay for the 12m sub now but the next billing day will be in 15 months.
    Thank you so very much for that explanation, it really helped out a lot! Appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/fam...ld-of-warcraft

Apparently a new 1 year plan that includes the murloc mount is out.

Am I being too negative if I'm too say that it's bait to lock people into a shitfest?

Also, as opposed to the other plans there is no other value in getting the 12 month over the 6 month.

There would be no way in hell or heaven, I would do a 1 year sub. Not happening. It is a great way to lock people into a clown show of garbage. Something Blizard is real real good at doing these days

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Bait for when Dragonflight runs out of content after 4 months.
    THIS right here 800%
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    Exactly, sometimes though its sudden, like an integrity reason because of Blizzard policy/actions.
    this feels like the "what if I die?' kinda argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't think so at all. It's simply a good business strategy. No matter the expansion's popularity or quality, Blizzard has players that quit within the first few months of the expansion. Of course they would offer incentives for those players to keep playing.
    "Those players" aren't buying year-long subscriptions. You'd have a point if Blizzard didn't provide refunds for players who stop playing while under an extended subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yeah, it's all evil Blizzard's marketing team that forces players to pay for subscriptions to a product they don't like. Yep. Just marketing. There is zero responsibility on part of the person buying the subscription to decide whether it's worth it. I mean, did you see that mount? They had no choice!
    True. It is every persons responsibility to look after their money. Hence why I choose not to get the 12 month. SLs has broken my trust in Blizzard quite severely. I am ready to give them a chance to win me back with DF, but I am not going to blindly give them 12 month of sub money, because of some mount (I tend to only use a few of my collection anyway and prefer the ones I earned over the ones I bought).

If the patch cycle and content of DF is acceptable again I will consider it, but definatly not before the .1 patch is released. I really hope they get things going again, but I am not sure. DF is already cutting quite a few corners and that is never a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    You seem to be intent on arguing in bad faith here.

It's really not hard to understand. Blizzard didn't offer lifetime sub 18 years ago because they'd have come off behind on the deal. If a company offers such a sub, it's because they are predicting that players who buy it would have quit before it broke even.

It's not that a company wants players to stick around (of course they do, or at least should). It's that by offering this, it's because the company thinks players would NOT have stuck around. It's a sign they know their product is in that sense defective.
    Tell me you've never been anywhere near a marketing department without telling me. I won't say "tell me you've never had a real job without telling me" because I'll probably get infracted, but the truth hurts.

Any long-term deal is a bet with the company that you'll get more entertainment out of the sale than you otherwise would. There's always a discount for buying your sub annually because the income is already guaranteed for Blizzard - they don't have to offer you a discount, but then the objectively correct play would always be to buy in the smallest increment possible, which is obviously not ideal for the company.

Not everything a company does is part of some evil plan. And no, making profit is not an evil plan. You should ask Ghostcrawler whether he would prefer 100% of players pay by the day or annually, see if your messiah of video gaming echoes your whack opinions.

Netflix doesn't offer a 1 year model because their service is too good to quit. Blizz knows they can get a few suckers who will quit playing after 20-30 hours.

To the people who DO play WoW all year, year after year, looks like Christmas came early for ya.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I do work in marketing and no one tries 1 year subs because only no one would pay for something a year in advance. WoW demographic is perfect for Blizzards monitization strats. Pay $150+ upfront + $60+ for the box. So 200+ big boys for a mount. They then rationalize it by telling themselves they are saving money by spending $200 bucks. Beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    To the people who DO play WoW all year, year after year, looks like Christmas came early for ya.
    Once upon a time I was doing just that, playing "year after year." At least up until WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    So maybe I missed this but my question is: If we currently have game time and we do this subscription, does it authorize/take the amount from your card immediately or does it take the money when you time runs out?
    It charges immediately, and it adds extra 12 months to your account, and it sets the next billing date 1 or 2 days before time expires, if I'm correct.
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2022-11-03 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by agli View Post
    Bait for when Dragonflight runs out of content after 4 months.
    lol, please do define "content"

from what i've seen from Testing stuff on the beta(SO FAR) still gonna be content to do 4 months down the line, also by that time we will most likely have a new patch anyway with new content(ala raiding)

marketing is "mindcontrol" only when used on fools with zero self control or willpower...
    so i can see why some of you are worried about it

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    You fail to consider the fact that some people don't come back, which doesn't fit your 'contact support to pause your time' narrative.
    Sounds like they are pretty dumb for buying something they didn't know they were going to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

We'll have to agree to disagree then.
    I personally don't think these deals are aimed at those people. They are aimed at people that know they are going to be playing for the year.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Btw let's not forget we are getting a rabbit mount as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw let's not forget we are getting a rabbit mount as well
    Jesus Christ yes! The most important thing in World of Warcraft. Mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Jesus Christ yes! The most important thing in World of Warcraft. Mounts.
    Just saying, it's one of the additional rewards that will be shown later, chinese new year rewards are pretty much annual and this will be the year of the rabbit. Do we think something original or a giant virmen mount? They usually reference MoP for these mounts anyway.

How is a mount considered a reward at this point in your life. Everyone on this thread is in their 30s. Can someone explain to me the joy of getting a mount when you have a countless list of unused ones? Add one more to the pile. Then what?