Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wonder how they are going to implement it in the EU:

In Denmark, and I assume the rules are the same all over EU, you can maximum "shackle" people for 5 months and after that you have the right to cancel any subscription with 1 months notice. So in practice you can "shackle" people for no longer than 6 months.

Will that mean that you get your cosmetic fluff after 12 months of concurring subscription, no matter how you do it?

The only positive about the 12month plan is: you can lock it in now before the monthly 10% inflation.

Kinda interesting that they didn't adjust the subscription prices yet (I guess they will keep that until Ulduar progress). But then again: Bobby needs a new boat. Why p(l)ay WoW anyway..

IMHO: Its just a cheap way to reduce developing costs because you basically just push 1 mount in 12months than 2 mounts... also as it is reused anyway - its basically 0 mount. That they don't reskin old mounts is too wonderous to understand (would argue for Mount Transmogs or a Mount Barbershop but heck that idea is as old as Cataclysm)...

Quote Originally Posted by liyroot View Post
    Here's why I'm upset. Instead of playing wow for a year last year. I quit. Using that suddenly available 2-3 free hours a day I learned Japanese. Now I can read and speak Japanese fluently. Next year, instead of giving Activision-Blizzard $300 and hundreds of hours of my precious life, I'm going to travel Japan.

I was addicted for years and I want to help others escape too. Blizz uses every psychological trick in the book to make players into addicted consumers and it makes me angry. So I write about it here.
    and yet here you are... you are clearly still addicted if you care this much about whats going on with game... only question is, are you trying to make others believe it, or yourself?
    you didnt escape your addiction, you are still addicted, and trying to pretend you are here to help others (which you wont this way, even if you actualy mean it), but you are clearly here bcs you want to be here, to get another fix to yourself...

EDIT:
    just read other of your posts, so its clear, you lie to others, not to yourself, obvious troll is obvious... have fun with that amazing (pretended) life of yours
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-11-04 at 07:38 AM.

Time to read through the mindless baseless crying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    and yet here you are... you are clearly still addicted if you care this much about whats going on with game... only question is, are you trying to make others believe it, or yourself?
    you didnt escape your addiction, you are still addicted, and trying to pretend you are here to help others (which you wont this way, even if you actualy mean it), but you are clearly here bcs you want to be here, to get another fix to yourself...

EDIT:
    just read other of your posts, so its clear, you lie to others, not to yourself, obvious troll is obvious... have fun with that amazing (pretended) life of yours
    You’re wasting your time with someone that clearly takes life advice from people like Bellular.

EDIT:

I'm not lying about my life. Japan is an extremely popular country. Many expats move here every year. I moved 6 years ago. You can move to JP too. Just have a college degree and I could get you a job. After that, software development is this generations gold mining. Anyone can do it and make $$$. Everyone and their Mother is coding. I get paid the industry standard. Lastly, I learned Japanese. It's hard and there is a lot of vocab/grammar I dont know. I started really studying it 2 years ago. I try to learn new words and read everyday. What exactly sounds like a lie here? If my life sounds like a fantasy, you need to get out more lol.

WoW is the best game I've ever played. The best video game moments of my life were in Vanilla wow. Then Activision bought the game and the first thing they did was introduce the in game store. I think that something in that original game is extremely powerful and if you figure out what made that fun, you'd have the key to making the best video game ever made. That's my dream so I still think about WoW a lot.

Because WoW is the most important piece of software ever made to me, I think that what Activision did to it is sad and I want to write about it. That's all. The title of this thread is "1 year sub plan is here, yikes". Sound like a thread for people who want to complain about it. So here I am.

If you play WoW a lot, then the 1 year sub is a no brainer. Good for you. You are actually saving money and Blizzs get immediate cash injection. Win Win. If you're someone hyped up on the marketing, thinking that this game is going to be the best thing ever and you can't wait to play it. I'm here to say that for a majority of people, that won't be the case. This expansion will be boring, and you will be locked into a 1 year sub and out $150. Don't buy it. Pay $15 and save your wallet.

I respect you if you want to play the game. It's a good game. Seriously. I could log in and level up and it would be very fun. Worth $60. But then you get to max level and they start employing their countless tactics to get you into mirco-transations. Tactics that they have patented. Tactics developed not by game designer, but literally designed by psychologists using everything we know about the brain to make you addicted. Using Fomo (see limited time offers on mounts), unpredictability (see random legendary drops in Legion, huge dopamine events), time gating (grinding and farming to stretch subs, look at the Dragonflight rep grind). Tactics to trick you into buying WoW tokens (WoD garrison final upgrade costs just as much as a WoW token) and leveling boosts and on and on. It's evil and it should be talked about. One day what these companies are doing will be illegal. Until then I will try to open as many eyes as possible.

What so wrong about venting one's feelings? I love the game. But just because you love something, doesn't mean it isn't broken.

Find me a (ex-) WoW player that isn't addicted. Most just changed WoW for another game as WoW has become an extremely time sink. Yes it has always been bad but just take a look at all the "chores" we had to do since Legion. From grinding AP to farming legendaries, to mission tables, islands, M+, Worlds Quests, World Bosses, Choregast, Renown System and such. WoW has become an additional job - for continous players maybe less than for new beginners. The entry level is extremely high and endorses new players rather quick to pay real life money for ingame goods. Even old players (with a lot less time in their 30s and 40s than during their studies) are more likely to work 1 hour and invested the earned money into (malicious) shop mechanics.
    That you can invested your daily 2-3h into other activities and use that way more effectively in real life is without debatte (e.g. learning new "basic" languages takes around 300-400h so just about a year to learn in talking - maybe not japanese or german or something in writing). The same time it takes to learn a proficient skill (and master it in another 2years).

That they haven't introduced a season pass or battle pass (some would argue that the renown system or season M+ rewards equals such) is rather interesting. And some of the rewards in the past (like portals to WoD dungeons or now to seasoned raids or even the MoP cloak) still have some kind of quality of life or benefit to the game (heck even my WoD garrision and ports make some money).

We can just be glad, that the code base of WoW is such a mess that they couldn't introduce all mechanics yet. Just take a look at Diablo:Immortal or the Overwatch2 cash grab or in lesser terms the revival of WoW:Classic.

The issue with the 12month sub rather lies within the long-term binding power and the unforeseeability of the next time period. You basically get locked in for a year into a game that a) has the least resonance within the community since BFA b) has the smallest player base of any expansion (even worse than vanilla) c) has no new mechanics beside some copied flying stuff d) might have no decent villain at all.
    In short terms: you pay 120 USD (or whatever) for a mount and get to play the game for free. For anyone that plays WotlK however it might be a good deal (as within a year you will get to see Ulduar for sure). For retail: not so much.

Chores were never a problem to me when it was all part of a good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    lol, please do define "content"

from what i've seen from Testing stuff on the beta(SO FAR) still gonna be content to do 4 months down the line, also by that time we will most likely have a new patch anyway with new content(ala raiding)
    That is what I am hoping, but after SLs, I am not trusting enough to pay for 12 month and have them go for an 8 month content draught after the november release again. If they figured that maybe they can now stretch all expansions like they did SLs and make the same money for less cost, then I will stop paying after my 6 month are up.

In this way, I find the 12 month sub a rather bad sign. If I were a game dev and seeing that the .1 patch will indeed need until August 23 to be done, I would do something just like this to make sure that our income doesn't drop radically. Bait some fools with mounts and secure some extra dollars. Good solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    That is what I am hoping, but after SLs, I am not trusting enough to pay for 12 month and have them go for an 8 month content draught after the november release again. If they figured that maybe they can now stretch all expansions like they did SLs and make the same money for less cost, then I will stop paying after my 6 month are up.

In this way, I find the 12 month sub a rather bad sign. If I were a game dev and seeing that the .1 patch will indeed need until August 23 to be done, I would do something just like this to make sure that our income doesn't drop radically. Bait some fools with mounts and secure some extra dollars. Good solution.
    The game devs have NOTHING to do with the sub offers. They are developing the game. Business decisions like a 1 year sub is made by the bean counters.

Everyone here with the 10 year + badge should be friends. We are all almost the exact same person. The only difference is I stopped playing hardcore in Cata because the game was garbage.
    I was the most hardcore player in Wrath. Why would I suddenly quit the game after Activision's first expansion came out? Me and countless millions. You guys think that the WoW ship is sailing perfectly? 90% of the people are gone.

I don't expect you to have any complaints. If you've managed to keep playing this long, two things must be true. Either your high or drunk every time you play to compensate for the monotony. Or you don't exist. I can not imagine what kind of person could keep playing this game sober.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    The game devs have NOTHING to do with the sub offers. They are developing the game. Business decisions like a 1 year sub is made by the bean counters.
    Every design decision in this game is made by the bean counters man.

Every design decision in this game is made by the bean counters man.
    Wrong. Game developers make the game design decisions. The Bean counter make the financial decisions. Lean how game design works.

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    Find me a (ex-) WoW player that isn't addicted.
    have 5 just among my real life friends... 3 are not even aware whats current expansion...
    and this is probably where i should stop, bcs rest of your rant have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what i said and you quoted... but ill humor you a bit

Most just changed WoW for another game as WoW has become an extremely time sink.
    ah yes, good old times when wow was such minutes a day game... /s

Yes it has always been bad but just take a look at all the "chores" we had to do since Legion. From grinding AP to farming legendaries, to mission tables, islands, M+, Worlds Quests, World Bosses, Choregast, Renown System and such.
    you didnt have to grind AP, you got enough by playing whatever you wanted to play... people FORCED THEMSELF into grinding stuff and then complain they have to grind it, when in reality, they dont...
    mision tables were of little importance in lgeion and even less so after, you can completely ignore them in SL...
    islands? i never did more than handful for weekly, yet here i am...
    m+? oh no, you have to play the game?! how atrocious!! you could also just raid or just pvp, like many people do... but no, you absolutely have to do m+... /s
    world bosses? well you dont have to do them at all, you shoot yourself into leg by not doing so, but you definitely dont have to...
    "choregasT" you had to run few times at begining of expansion and thats it, same as with islands people did it more than they had to and burned themself down, and then complained...
    renown was even impossible to farm at begining of expansion and now its basicaly thrown at you if you make new char...

WoW has become an additional job
    nope, people TURNED IT to their additional job, i play casualy, do just what i want to and here i am, im not in hall of fame for mythic raiding, but i cleared content anyway at my own pace, while having fun and doing only what i wanted to do... its seriously not games fault people lack selfcontrol and would rather do something they hate bcs its 5% more effective...

(malicious) shop mechanics.
    and here i stop, bcs you get from ignorance into ridiculousness... nothing malicious about shop, as it only have cosmetics, if you lack selfcontrol, or the 700+ ingame mounts are not enough for you so you have to have the few on shop thats YOUR MENTAL ISSUES, not game fault...
    and i know what will be your next reacion "bUt ThE tOKeN" - token changed jack shit, people were buying/selling boosts/items/gold since vanila...

The issue with the 12month sub rather lies within the long-term binding power and the unforeseeability of the next time period.
    if you dont know if you will play dont buy it, simple as that, works with EVERY SUBSCRIPTION from any kind of company...
    your lack of planning skills or self control are again your issue, meanwhile people who know they will play will get free mounts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's why I'm upset. Instead of playing wow for a year last year. I quit. Using that suddenly available 2-3 free hours a day I learned Japanese. Now I can read and speak Japanese fluently. Next year, instead of giving Activision-Blizzard $300 and hundreds of hours of my precious life, I'm going to travel Japan.

I was addicted for years and I want to help others escape too. Blizz uses every psychological trick in the book to make players into addicted consumers and it makes me angry. So I write about it here.
    Grats on your personal advancements yet you still linger on the thought of it, as you haven't fully let go but not everyone is the same, and not everyone is addicted just because they play a game you don't play. I'm not disagreeing that some people do need help, we have seen some examples on MMO-champion, commonly people making raging threads or goodbye threads hoping others will follow or stop them, etc.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

if you dont know if you will play dont buy it, simple as that, works with EVERY SUBSCRIPTION from any kind of company...
    your lack of planning skills or self control are again your issue, meanwhile people who know they will play will get free mounts...
    The people who quit the game don't have self control? Also, $150 bucks for free mounts. Ha..

and here i stop, bcs you get from ignorance into ridiculousness... nothing malicious about shop, as it only have cosmetics, if you lack selfcontrol, or the 700+ ingame mounts are not enough for you so you have to have the few on shop thats YOUR MENTAL ISSUES, not game fault...
    and i know what will be your next reacion "bUt ThE tOKeN" - token changed jack shit, people were buying/selling boosts/items/gold since vanila...
    You wrote an argument, immediately realized it was wrong, then decided to stick to it anyway. Thats.. just wow. That's real mental gymnastics. Blizz introduced countless system into the game to trick you into paying for the token guy. Garrisons, BoE gear and mounts. Etc. They disguised the cash shop as the auction house. If you don't believe that is true, there is no help you for.

Anyway brother, enjoy playing World of Warcraft. I'm honestly happy you're having such a great time that you come on the forums to defend it. That's pretty impressive dedication. I'm not joking or trolling either. I wish I loved the game as much as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Grats on your personal advancements yet you still linger on the thought of it, as you haven't fully let go but not everyone is the same, and not everyone is addicted just because they play a game you don't play. I'm not disagreeing that some people do need help, we have seen some examples on MMO-champion, commonly people making raging threads or goodbye threads hoping others will follow or stop them, etc.
    36,000 posts. Nah, you're not addicted to WoW man. Nah..

10+ Year Old Account
    I moved to the country so yeah I'll use that $300. After I quit WoW my life became extremely great. A lot of people don't wanna hear it. I aint mad at you though. Y'all keep living your best life.

BTW, WoW is evil. Not sure why you think a bunch of Psych PhDs, ivy league business majors and an endless army of lawyers has your best interest at heart. The game developers aren't making the big decisions, that's for sure.
    You sound like you still have problems, have you contemplated taking the last step in your attempt at detachment? Closing all connections that tie you, your online identity, and your accounts to that of World of Warcraft if it is so evil? I don't know your background but just from two comments, it sounds like you have what is considered an addictive personality, which means a great victory for you to try and disconnect yourself from what you believe made you an addict but part of the problems is the judgemental side of it that you believe everyone else might be an addict because they do not agree fully with you. It is in the same topic as the ones who say loud, "Goodbye!" and then wait, expecting people to come with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Listen y'all. No reason to get so bent outta shape. I quit WoW. Got 100k salary. Moved to Japan. Became happy.
    I was just a loser playing WoW just like you guys. I went on forums to convince myself that video games was a good use of my time/money just like you guys do. I was so wrapped up in Blizz life. But now I'm out. And I hope you guys find a way out too. I know you'll figure it out.
    Pardon me? This sounds like you have some deeper issues than what WoW might've been part off if you start calling people out and insulting them for not having the same goals, opinions or experiences as you.

I'm keeping tabs on the game because I'm developing my own MMO and im going to make a real game. Not a pachinko slot machine like WoW is.
    Today's research results: brainwashed masses screaming, "Take my money! I wanna play Loot Box online for another year. I'm gonna throw away all the gear I spent 100 hours collecting when the next patch comes so I can do it again!"
    Make a real MMO without the chance of, as your statement, being addictive? Good luck. Even Palia is considered addictive by testers, and it isn't even made to be competitive.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You sound like you still have problems, have you contemplated taking the last step in your attempt at detachment? Closing all connections that tie you, your online identity, and your accounts to that of World of Warcraft if it is so evil? I don't know your background but just from two comments, it sounds like you have what is considered an addictive personality, which means a great victory for you to try and disconnect yourself from what you believe made you an addict but part of the problems is the judgemental side of it that you believe everyone else might be an addict because they do not agree fully with you. It is in the same topic as the ones who say loud, "Goodbye!" and then wait, expecting people to come with them.
    I haven't read your posts. But I would bet one of my testicals that you have made that same argument again and again. "You quit WoW and now you're talking about it on the WoW forum? You must be sick. Get some help. I'm not the addict (played for over 10 years) you are."
    That's like saying if I quit crack I shouldn't tell other people to quit crack.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you should know that I know this game. I've been playing longer than all of you. I'm just giving advice. Feel free to leave it and go back to farming mounts.
    Press 'X' for doubt. If you have quit due to personal addiction, then there are many you have not played longer than, and even further, many have played longer than you without having an addiction to World of Warcraft. Feel free to leave the forum, you are missing your last step in bettering yourself.

Press 'X' for doubt. If you have quit due to personal addiction, then there are many you have not played longer than, and even further, many have played longer than you without having an addiction to World of Warcraft. Feel free to leave the forum, you are missing your last step in bettering yourself.
    "Please leave the forum! This is where I go to circle jerk about WoW. My ego can't handle anything that call in to question the life decisions I've made!" This is the internet my dude. You're gonna hear opinions you don't like. You should be glad that there are people wasting their time writing to you so you can use your brain and think about your perspective. I'm not telling you to quit. Enjoy yourself man. I'm saying the 1 year subscription is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't read your posts. But I would bet one of my testicals that you have made that same argument again and again.
    Do you have any to bet? Can't be much if you belittle people's choices in life because you believe your choice is the right and better. Not everyone creates an addiction to a damn online game. You do not need to have an addiction to enjoy, or having played, a game for a long time.

"You quit WoW and now you're talking about it on the WoW forum? You must be sick. Get some help. I'm not the addict (played for over 10 years) you are."
    I never said it was an issue to share your view, you are the one striking out at people for not having the same problems as you? And no, I am not an addict. I enjoy what I do, I enjoy the game, and the friends I have in it, and I keep my regular job, my home, and being a parent. Nothing wrong there.

That's like saying if I quit crack I shouldn't tell other people to quit crack.
    No, mate. Your attitude is basically translated to that one person who stands in a public place, telling everyone that should quit the one thing you apparently were addicted to. Not everyone on this street is addicted. You don't walk down the road thinking XYZ is an addict because you once were?

- - - Updated - - -

"Please leave the forum! This is where I go to circle jerk about WoW. My ego can't handle anything that call in to question the life decisions I've made!" This is the internet my dude. You're gonna hear opinions you don't like. You should be glad that there are people wasting their time writing to you so you can use your brain and think about your perspective. I'm not telling you to quit. Enjoy yourself man. I'm saying the 1 year subscription is bullshit.
    Aaaand this is where I know you are just here for disruption and gloat. You were the one insulting everyone here. As for the 12-month subscription plan, surprise, it is voluntary, it is a good investment if you are going to play anyways, else, just don't buy it? Simple enough.

- - - Updated - - -

36,000 posts. Nah, you're not addicted to WoW man. Nah..
    This is where it gets awkward. So, your post count also goes up when you moderate on MMO-champion. If I hadn't once been a moderator, I would most likely have been lower than you. But that isn't even the point, you are trying to grasp at anything as a hitting point. Don't worry. Have a good life. Edit: Seems I misread and jumped this weird location up with post count. *shrugs* Still, I'm not mad about my post count.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-11-04 at 12:29 PM.

Also, why are you calling me an addict? You've clearly spent 1000x times longer than I have on the game. Who's the addict here? Don't stoop to pretending to care about someone's mental well being. It makes you sound like a jerk and a creep.

Who have I insulted? I'm not trying to make you angry. You're the one calling me crazy for talking on a forum lol.