Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Impossible. The Chronicles, which were written by the Titans, directly state that the creation of Murozond was orchestrated by the Old Gods:
    You're mixing up the cause with the vision. The Old Gods are responsible for the events that lead to it. Aman'thul showed him what would eventually happen.

Those are two completely different events.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You're mixing up the cause with the vision. The Old Gods are responsible for the events that lead to it. Aman'thul showed him what would eventually happen.

Those are two completely different events.
    Thing is, The End Time is not the vision Aman'thul showed him. He showed him something far worse than Azeroth consumed by the Void.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anything it's more likely Chromie's death will turn out to be the catalyst for him becoming Murozond for reasons. After all there the whole plot to kill Chromie which is still going on.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

15+ Year Old Account
    No matter what happens between now and End Time, Nozdormu's death will remain the same as it was. So, we already know how the Nozdormu story ends. That gives the writers infinite flexibility with him. They could kill him a bazillion times or make him flip from hero to heel and back over and over and over. You'll always know that one day he will die right there next to that big ass sun dial clock sand thingy.

So until the connective tissue to End Time is represented in game, which certainly could happen over the course of Dragonflight, it doesn't matter much what he does or doesn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Everyone is talking about dragons yet you chyme in and make it about void elves. Why?
    varodoc is for voidelves what teriz is for tinkers

there, i said the other word...dooming this thread forever
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Thing is, The End Time is not the vision Aman'thul showed him. He showed him something far worse than Azeroth consumed by the Void.
    This. And theyll very likely connect it to the Janitors last second "What is to come" line.
    Murozond was going on and on about how he saw "the true end time" and that the future where the Void won was a "blessing we couldnt comprehend".

And now Zovaal mentioned revealed that he saw "something" coming that caused him to shit his pants so hard, he tried to take over the Void, Fel and all the other stuff just to have a chance.

My guess for this xpac: Murozond will the the final boss, and ittl either end with straight up reveal, or yet anoher hand full of teasers, about the new big bad of the franchise (which is the 4th one at this point lmao, we shall see if they ever stick to one for longer than 3 years).
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Willing to sacrifice yourself for the greater good is not the same thing as "wanting to die"

I don't think so. He saw his death, not everything else that was going on around at the same time.

This is Nozdormou, who's seen numerous demonic invasions, fought Old God infestations and so much more with impossible odds, and won. And after all that, knowing how successful the denizens of Azeroth are, he was driven mad by what was to come in the future.

Pretty sure that if he saw something that would make him decide to try and change his fate to kill the planet he was to protect, he would have said something on seeing that vision, if not gone outright mad then and there as a youngling.

"He was shown his death" is the wording. The point was to see that he would still one day die.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    You are giving lazily written time travel plot too much credit
    TBF the only really lazy part about it was they kinda copied it from Watchmen

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course.

That is the tragedy of his story, and the tragedy of many who have dealt with the Void. The Void is insidious, it has corrupted and twisted even the minds of Titans and Dragons. So far, only the Ren'dorei have truly proven capable of defying its malicious whispers.
    When you put it like that, it makes the Ren'dorei even more stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I don't think so. He saw his death, not everything else that was going on around at the same time.

This is Nozdormou, who's seen numerous demonic invasions, fought Old God infestations and so much more with impossible odds, and won. And after all that, knowing how successful the denizens of Azeroth are, he was driven mad by what was to come in the future.

Pretty sure that if he saw something that would make him decide to try and change his fate to kill the planet he was to protect, he would have said something on seeing that vision, if not gone outright mad then and there as a youngling.

"He was shown his death" is the wording. The point was to see that he would still one day die.
    You crawl unwitting, like a blind, writhing worm, towards endless madness and despair. I have witnessed the true End Time. This? This is a blessing you simply cannot comprehend.

You know not what you have done. Aman'Thul... What I... have... seen...

So which death did he see exactly?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    I always thought it was weird that we were able to kill Nozdurmo in End Time. This dude has literally seen all of time. Therefore i refuse to believe he could have been killed if he didn't want to. But the question has always been why?? After watching his interaction in legacies i think i am starting to understand.

He did it when Chromie was at the threshold of becoming an adult. Until then Chromie blindly followed Nozdurmo and only went through time to observe and preserve the flow. Afterwards Chromie starts taking on all of his responsibilities including battling N'zoth with the other aspects. Nozdurmo groomed Chromie to be his replacement.

But once again the question is why when he can see all of time. It is partially answered in End Time in that this was the best future he could forsee. Now he was corrupted by Old God magic. So naturally we all think that his best vision of the future is to ally with the old gods so at least a corrupted version of life exists.

however going back to when he chose to die. He did it when Chromie was coming of age. He releases the Dracthry when dragons finally come a mutual cohabitation with the sentient races. Having them all grow up and learn to work together.

I believe at some point Nozdurmo is going to take the hit for azeroth and needs us to be strong enough to think for ourselves without him. To fight back and use the power of friendship.
    Lol!

Given how obsessed some of the writers are with Marvel
    Nozdormu could be their Dr. Strange

I like the idea, even if I've grown to dislike most marvel movies
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

You crawl unwitting, like a blind, writhing worm, towards endless madness and despair. I have witnessed the true End Time. This? This is a blessing you simply cannot comprehend.

You know not what you have done. Aman'Thul... What I... have... seen...

So which death did he see exactly?
    His own. However, at this point, he's also seen what's in our future and gone back in time to create the Infinite Dragonflight to try and fruitlessly change things to a very grim, but apparently better fate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    When you put it like that, it makes the Ren'dorei even more stupid.
    Alleria never cared about the Void until she was accidentally twisted by it while on a mission to a Legion world.

Magister Umbric and his followers just wanted to study/observe the Void, again they were accidentally twisted by it.

This is an important aspect of the Void. Most people don't actually want to be twisted by it, but the Void is insidious and always finds a way, either through whispers (like in the case of Neltharion and Nozdormu) or a more direct approach (like in the case of the Ren'dorei, who literally came in contact with huge quantities of Void energy by accident).

It just so happens that, out of all the beings who have been biologically twisted by the Void (including Nozdormu/Murozond), only the Ren'dorei have managed to maintain their sanity in spite of the constant whispers... so that makes them smarter than the rest, not dumber (they didn't want to get twisted by the Void).

I'd say Nozdormu has seen the end were the Seventh Force completely dismantles the cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    This. And theyll very likely connect it to the Janitors last second "What is to come" line.
    Murozond was going on and on about how he saw "the true end time" and that the future where the Void won was a "blessing we couldnt comprehend".

And now Zovaal mentioned revealed that he saw "something" coming that caused him to shit his pants so hard, he tried to take over the Void, Fel and all the other stuff just to have a chance.

My guess for this xpac: Murozond will the the final boss, and ittl either end with straight up reveal, or yet anoher hand full of teasers, about the new big bad of the franchise (which is the 4th one at this point lmao, we shall see if they ever stick to one for longer than 3 years).
    not sure they're going to elevate one particular peron/thing to big big bad status this expansion. We're on an expedition, and so far the only stakes are the dragonflights might regain their powers, and or the flights not alligned with them don't really want a superpowered dragonflight again. I guess it comes down to where we go from the first parch

Darkness, evil corrupt.

Cleanliness is purity.

Nozdormu, was able to see clearly when uncorrupted. When he was corrupted, his vision was corrupted too. Hence he ends up dying - "I didn't see this in my corrupted vision!"

A lot of bad guys chase false visions as a cope because they don't wanna actually do the job and work to create a reality. So they chase 'faith' that if they sit on their ass and do nothing, everything will fall into place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I'd say Nozdormu has seen the end were the Seventh Force completely dismantles the cosmos.
    That's my thought process as well, and most likely
    what they'll push for the plot come DF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alleria never cared about the Void until she was accidentally twisted by it while on a mission to a Legion world.

Magister Umbric and his followers just wanted to study/observe the Void, again they were accidentally twisted by it.

This is an important aspect of the Void. Most people don't actually want to be twisted by it, but the Void is insidious and always finds a way, either through whispers (like in the case of Neltharion and Nozdormu) or a more direct approach (like in the case of the Ren'dorei, who literally came in contact with huge quantities of Void energy by accident).

It just so happens that, out of all the beings who have been biologically twisted by the Void (including Nozdormu/Murozond), only the Ren'dorei have managed to maintain their sanity in spite of the constant whispers... so that makes them smarter than the rest, not dumber (they didn't want to get twisted by the Void).
    I'm not saying the elves are dum, I'm saying that "demi-gods are twisted by it but not basic elves because they don't want to" is dum.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    Certainly, if Chromie is being groomed to replace him as aspect, it is not because of any reasoning on Nozdormu's part, but rather because the writers think that Chromie is popular and want her to have "screen time" and "character development", which also they will mangle, as they have shown so plainly with her of late.
    This actually concerns me because the possibility of it is very real, it would also be another retcon which Danuser seemingly has no problems doing, currently Anachronos is the heir of the bronze dragonflight and it's future aspect. Nozdormu knows exactly when he will die, it was shown to him by Aman'thul and as such he had to make plans to ensure his flight would continue without problems, hence Anachronos but you probably know this.

Danuser most likely doesn't or he does and simply doesn't care, I haven't seen Anachronos on the beta at all but Chromies been there as usual.