Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Grief people on lfr ? How ? It's personal loot isn't it ? Also who gives a shit what people use their own gear for ....
    Wow how uninformed can you be that you bit his head off and you don't know the PL is gone in raids.
    maybe don't argue with people about specific things in the game if you don't play the game

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    Wow how uninformed can you be that you bit his head off and you don't know the PL is gone in raids.
    maybe don't argue with people about specific things in the game if you don't play the game
    Bit someone's head off ? Maybe you need to get better at reading comprehension, I didn't argue with anyone for a start.
    All i did was ask questions as you can see by those little crazy symbols known by some as a question mark, most commonly used at the end of a sentence to indicate a question being asked e.g who are you ? , I hope that helps with your English comprehension and any confusion you obviously have with my comment .

My point was , who gives a shit what anyone does with gear they have won. Hope you have a great day, I won't be back to this thread so bye bye
    Last edited by Gamingsince1981; 2022-11-06 at 11:12 AM.

Seems like a lot of people don't understand what OP is talking about, but I agree with OP that this is a really bad idea.

Since the new raid won't have personal loot anymore for gear, this will mean that a lot of people will just roll need on gear they don't need so they can trade it for mounts.

This reminds of back in the day where people would roll need on stuff they didn't need and then sell it for gold to whoever actually needed it, especially in the Dragon Soul LFR.

This is one of those things where the community makes a stink in the beginning and after a month everyone has their mount and will trade unasked the neck to other people feeling good about themselves.

Bit someone's head off ? Maybe you need to get better at reading comprehension, I didn't argue with anyone for a start.
    All i did was ask questions as you can see by those little crazy symbols known by some as a question mark, most commonly used at the end of a sentence to indicate a question being asked e.g who are you ? , I hope that helps with your English comprehension and any confusion you obviously have with my comment .

My point was , who gives a shit what anyone does with gear they have won. Hope you have a great day, I won't be back to this thread so bye bye
    yehh thats great
    someone needs a neck/ring just to get the mount while you actually need it lol ?
    smart ass go do WQ/lvl alts all day like you always do

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    How toxic can one be? I understand one does pugs (or anything in this game) for personal character progress, but holy shit, you don't have to be the biggest shitbag while doing it.
    I'm being a shitbag to the person who took my original post, quoted the FIRST damn line, didn't bother reading the rest, and came to the conclusion that I'm a toxic ninja looter, from said one line.

Expressing your views is not "toxic". What's "toxic" is people causing loot drama for 2 fucking useless necklaces, that you will out-gear from M+ anyways, that are NOT end-boss loot (so no increased ilvl) and making an issue out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It creates a new point of friction where there never needed to be a new one.

It isnt going to break the game but I can't see how you can spin this as a positive thing.

It isn't like the idea doesn't have some merit. Why not have the items needed for the mounts come from past expansion raids that are able to be completed solo?

This feels like a decent idea...just one that wasn't stress tested.
    It is a glorious idea. It will give people the incentive to go back to the 1st tier of Dragonflight while it is not current content. It adds longevity to the content. It gives you something else to farm inside a raid. Blizzard publicly said in a blue-post that the Cartel Dinars we got in S4 of Shadowlands was a massively successful mechanic, and they're contemplating bringing it back. The Catalyst Forge from S3 also follows the same treatment.

We've spent years and years and years of players saying "We don't want a gear-reset with every patch. It is stupid to make these beautiful raids and have them be irrelevant content in ~4 months time. Keep raids relevant like you did in TBC where Dragonspine Trophy was BIS all expansion". Now, they FINALLY found an extra way to do it. By making useless, disenchant-worthy gear (necklaces with no primary stats) into currency for mounts.

Again, people seem to be oblivious to this. You're not trading end-boss high-itemlvl weapons or trinkets. You're trading fucking necklaces. From 2nd and 5th boss. They're quite literally the first gear that gets sharded, usually. Having raided for 17 years, since 2005, I personally think this is a great idea, and like a previous poster above said, one month in people will all have the mounts and will be trading the necklaces freely to others.

Grief people on lfr ? How ? It's personal loot isn't it ? Also who gives a shit what people use their own gear for ....
    It is still need/greed roll in lfr too. But you still can not grief. The new built in rules prevent people from doing this.

1. You can not roll on gear you already have
    2. You can not roll and get multiple copies of the same gear
    3. You can not roll on gear if you already have that piece as a higher ilvl.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Read this and thought "Wow, Blizzard is doing something nice for players! If I thought about playing again this would interest me".

And then I read this. Haha, get fucked Blizzard.
    The new system can not be abused. With the new rules do not allow for abuse. Blizzard thought of it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    so i have had this discussion with raid members a couple times already
    the need and greed system doesnt allow you to abuse it like this
    i cant go into lfr in full raid gear and need the neck and get it because theres little chance that the other 24 players dont need it as an upgrade
    now if you get the item merely to trade it even though it is also an upgrade for you....well dicks will be dicks

you are still talking about a .01% chance of that actually happening

- - - Updated - - -

it is exclusively a mount from a vendor

That 0.1% thing sounds like the reason ML was removed because of 'muh ninjas'.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    The new system can not be abused. With the new rules do not allow for abuse. Blizzard thought of it already.
    Personal loot was just fine for LFR and no one was complaining about it. All the complaints about personal loot were from the Normal pugs and Heroic mid-core wannabe's. So why change the looting system for LFR at all? As someone who likely doesn't do LFR you may not be aware of the looting issues it contains but this system is a definite step backwards from what people who actually do LFR enjoy. Personally, I never looted in LFR and just let things show up in my mail. Less drama that way and I got what was coming to me without having to beg or be begged. That's gone, now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    With the removal of personal loot, you don't see the issue of people in pugs and LFR rolling need on the items because they want the mount, not because they need the gear upgrade?
    I thought the new system didn’t allow you to roll need on things you already have…

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Personal loot was just fine for LFR and no one was complaining about it. All the complaints about personal loot were from the Normal pugs and Heroic mid-core wannabe's. So why change the looting system for LFR at all? As someone who likely doesn't do LFR you may not be aware of the looting issues it contains but this system is a definite step backwards from what people who actually do LFR enjoy. Personally, I never looted in LFR and just let things show up in my mail. Less drama that way and I got what was coming to me without having to beg or be begged. That's gone, now.
    No one cares about lfr. Personally I think no gear should ever drop in lfr. It is storymode. That is it. You see the bosses on the easiest most braindead version where bosses can be killed fron 99% hp with only 3 players.

Gear ia not deserved in lfr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I thought the new system didn’t allow you to roll need on things you already have…
    It does. These people are clueless on how it works. You can not ninja with the system. It literally will not allow you to roll on the item.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    It's a npc that wants raid specific gear drops to buy a mount.
    So? If you are running LFR and do not need loot from there you should get something for your time, or at least have a chance at something. If it is fractional progress towards a mount so be it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The idea is not bad but the implementation is retarded. Why not just add some currency thar drops from bosses and allows the purchase of mounts and whatnot and it has be build around griefing the other people in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    The idea is not bad but the implementation is retarded. Why not just add some currency thar drops from bosses and allows the purchase of mounts and whatnot and it has be build around griefing the other people in the raid.
    You literally can not grief.

1. You can not roll on items you already have if that piece is lower ilvl.

2. You can not roll on 2 of the same piece regardless of ilvl.

3. You can not roll in a piece of gear if you already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    You literally can not grief.

1. You can not roll on items you already have if that piece is lower ilvl.

2. You can not roll on 2 of the same piece regardless of ilvl.

3. You can not roll in a piece of gear if you already have it.
    So where does this leave people? Trade the item they already have and then hope it drops again to win it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    The dungeon loot one I think is okay, since it's not hard to organize a group of 5 just for the sake of getting them.

The raid ones are definitely more questionable with their loot changes.
    That's fair. Plus one of the dungeon items comes from a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    So? If you are running LFR and do not need loot from there you should get something for your time, or at least have a chance at something. If it is fractional progress towards a mount so be it.
    Isn't how it works. If the neck happens to be your bis. If you have it from a higher difficulty you can't roll on weaker ones. That said you could argue you would just get it next tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    I'm being a shitbag to the person who took my original post, quoted the FIRST damn line, didn't bother reading the rest, and came to the conclusion that I'm a toxic ninja looter, from said one line.

Expressing your views is not "toxic". What's "toxic" is people causing loot drama for 2 fucking useless necklaces, that you will out-gear from M+ anyways, that are NOT end-boss loot (so no increased ilvl) and making an issue out of it.
    Nah, your whole "every man for himself" attitude is the thing I had a problem with. Because that extends to everything else than just those "two fucking useless necklaces". And something that is useless to you, might now be useless to others. But sure. You do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Again, you take one fucking sentence and ignore the rest of the post. Yes, in a PUG setting, I don't care about anyone else, because their power level is of no interest to me. I won't see them after that PUG. Unlike an organised guild. You can't seem to grasp that.
    You just keep repeating that you engage in the exact same behavior ninjas do.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    That 0.1% thing sounds like the reason ML was removed because of 'muh ninjas'.
    Yeah but in this case it's for cosmetics not performance

- - - Updated - - -

Billy is a normal raider fully geared
    He goes into lfr for this item
    He rolls need
    Jimmy is an lfr player
    He goes into lfr for all items
    He rolls need

No matter the roll Jimmy will always get the item over Billy because that's how the system works
    "But Jimmy deserves something for his time" Jimmy gets gold and vault progress

"So there's no way for people to get these items"
    There's multiple weeklies and alts