Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I've been playing retail in prepatch. Why else would I be here talking about it?

You should maybe just skip ahead and make a blog post to tell everyone who plays Classic that they are playing the game wrong too. Rather than addressing people one at a time like this. I didn't realise that I was playing the game wrong.
    there's no right and wrong, I said it don't matter
    If you wanna be the fastest person in the blindfolded handcuffed hogtied 100m dash, by all means, go for it. A lot of people play qwop

This is not true
    The harder raids in classic like original Naxx and Sunwell are easly as hard or harder than retail hcs.

The first raids like mc can maybe be called as easy as LFR if it wasent for the fact you need to cordinate 40 people.
    I would say in TBC Kara Gruul and mag is something between LFR and normal. Mag prenerf was definitively as hard as a hc boss.
    In some cases classic was or is harder due to classes are less strong than retail like everyone has CR and such.

And most of the mechanics in all raids cant be boiled down to and this is both classic and retail
    Stand in groups at the right places
    Dont stand here
    Move here
    BIG aoe heals spam (use cd)
    BIG Single target heal spam (use cd)
    Use tank cds
    Use dps cds
    Run awey from each outer
    Run to each outer
    Run as a group
    Run awey from ability
    Collect buff
    Block buff
    I think i missed some but essentially this is it. The only thing that really stands out in retail is mythic.
    Last edited by Thundering; 2022-11-14 at 08:22 AM.

People really be scared of binding more than 5 buttons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    honestly i never understood the whole zooval behind everything xD seems weird
    check Danasur irl, he is the worst toxic fan type ever, except he - for some unknown reason (probably relatives) - got in position powerful to bend lore to fit his twisted image

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Are you saying Rallying Cry nor spell reflect doesn't exist in Retail? Nor healthstones??
    They aren't shown in charts -.- ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If someone loves playing classic warrior where they maximize DPS by (ab)using the ‘bug’ that the offhand won’t miss if heroic strike is toggled on and then using swing timers to fit in slams optimally, more power to them.

But I can see why they changed it.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

7+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i love this overabundance of ablities. It makes it interesting to choose what you have on your primary action bar and what to put on the other bars. I like having a full board with all sorts of additional abilties, that i don't use all the time, but might be used if i find it needful.

Playing both shaman and paladin, the utility and fluff abilties are why i like playing these classes. They feel poorer without them and lose a lot of flavor.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Lets stop harassing classic for its easy gameplay and low effort need to top the logs. Its what the charm about it is. It allows you to go back in time and feel like a good player without the commitment retail brings. Its perfect for someone coming from a long day of work and just wanting to feel rewarded and strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    50 is huge overestimation.
    20-30 would be much closer to true value... but at the end you use around 10.
    Come on. Even on retail I frequently use more than 10 (prot paladin). What class do you play?

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Come on. Even on retail I frequently use more than 10 (prot paladin). What class do you play?
    Your answer is literally 2 posts above...

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    -snip-
    Calls people "kiddies", "tryhards" and "boomers" and then he himself writes like a little hurt child.

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    -snip-
    That is true. I did Normal/Heroic raids back in WotLK, MoP and WoD. Also some mythics in WoD.
    Over the years, I feel like the game became much more forgiving. Difficulty is more or less the same but you can make much more mistakes in retail than in Classic. Especially now when there's another battle ress in DF.

Also, as you described, the raid mechanics keep repeating themselves. Last week, I did a LFR marathon (10+ bosses in 1 day) on my monk and every 2nd boss has basically the same mechanics in SL. I know LFR is faceroll easy and in Mythic it would be different but nothing really changed from my WoD raiding days. They keep repeating the same stuff over and over again, just with different arenas/patterns. I wish they would at least get rid of trash mobs. Killing 10 packs of mobs before getting to a boss is soooo boring and it plays no role in adding fun factor.
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2022-11-14 at 12:35 PM.

they simply have different methods

Classic everything is though tough and figured out making it seems easier than retail. It not really easier or harder than most retail content when its fixed.

Retail release Mythic content that is extremely hard and only made for the people who play the game like a job, making it unavailable for semi hardcore players untill its "fixed"=Nerfed.
    This is just boring in my opinion,

It all boils down to how many mechanics/boss and reaction speeds and i dont think they have added any new mechanics to pve in years since the game has kinda run out of options on how to react to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    They have pruned it via the talent trees by providing often more attractive options for those points, particularly for PVE.
    I'm confused. I know we've reused icons but you've even labeled the macro "her" for heroic leap.
    An ability that didnt exist in wotlk.
    Why is it on your bars?

I'm sure I could remove easily 5 buttons on your wotlk bars and you wouldn't even notice.

Edit. The more I look, the funnier it becomes lol... Yeh, good try bro. Didn't work though.
    I can remove 5 buttons from your "wotlk" bars and I could add 5 on your Dragon flight. Making them roughly equal...
    Last edited by tomten; 2022-11-14 at 12:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    and it still has the best combat of any mmo so who cares other than the people who realllllllly wanna buff spirit fort and shadow prot?
    This has to be sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    they simply have different methods

Classic everything is though tough and figured out making it seems easier than retail. It not really easier or harder than most retail content when its fixed.

Retail release Mythic content that is extremely hard and only made for the people who play the game like a job, making it unavailable for semi hardcore players untill its "fixed"=Nerfed.
    This is just boring in my opinion,

It all boils down to how many mechanics/boss and reaction speeds and i dont think they have added any new mechanics to pve in years since the game has kinda run out of options on how to react to them.
    Yes. Looking back at my Mythic raiding in WoD, I was just more stressed because of it. As you said, ppl take it too seriously and as a job and it takes all the fun out of it. Maybe it was because I was in "bad" guild but you have to be kinda HC to do that content i guess.

So now I'm completely fine with just Normals/Heroics and those are still the same difficulty-wise as back in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    That’s over 100 ago… I don’t think you know what the word literally means.

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    This has to be sarcasm.
    play any other mmo with their disconnected attacks and animations that don't connect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Calls people "kiddies", "tryhards" and "boomers" and then he himself writes like a little hurt child.

Classic.

That is true. I did Normal/Heroic raids back in WotLK, MoP and WoD. Also some mythics in WoD.
    Over the years, I feel like the game became much more forgiving. Difficulty is more or less the same but you can make much more mistakes in retail than in Classic. Especially now when there's another battle ress in DF.

Also, as you described, the raid mechanics keep repeating themselves. Last week, I did a LFR marathon (10+ bosses in 1 day) on my monk and every 2nd boss has basically the same mechanics in SL. I know LFR is faceroll easy and in Mythic it would be different but nothing really changed from my WoD raiding days. They keep repeating the same stuff over and over again, just with different arenas/patterns. I wish they would at least get rid of trash mobs. Killing 10 packs of mobs before getting to a boss is soooo boring and it plays no role in adding fun factor.
    uh huh

BACK IN MY DAY, WE NEEDED 57 BUTTONS. WE ONLY EVER USED FIVE BUT THE CHARM WAS HAVING FULL BARS.

and you're a complete moron if you think that anything save mu'ru was above LFR difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahcake View Post
    Yes. Looking back at my Mythic raiding in WoD, I was just more stressed because of it. As you said, ppl take it too seriously and as a job and it takes all the fun out of it. Maybe it was because I was in "bad" guild but you have to be kinda HC to do that content i guess.

So now I'm completely fine with just Normals/Heroics and those are still the same difficulty-wise as back in Classic.
    shit mythic guilds are dime-a-dozen.

Gorefiend wall I gather? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    That’s over 100 ago… I don’t think you know what the word literally means.
    20min between both of my replies is 100 years...?
    Okay...

I literally just gave you the #1 parser who 3 ou of this dmg done is from auto attacks and passive damage...Compare that to retail warriors who are using many more abilities normally as well as in their proper rotation/priority..on top of them using all those abilities in an inherent more complex environment as well and it's just not really a comparison imho.

Classic is fun and amazing and I honestly prefer it over retail at times, but to call it more complex is just flat wrong imo.
    agreed, classic is way more fun. i don't understand why these retail people are even having this conversation. I just logged into retail for the first time in years and it's the most confusing thing in the world. Playing a balance druid on retail right now is like 100 buttons. On wotlk classic i top damage but spamming moonfire/starfall/hurricane and thats it LOL

- - - Updated - - -

its like the retail kids have something to prove LOL i literally made an account to respond here because the OP was so biased it's not even funny. WOTLK classic is simpler than DF retail right now. End of discussion

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they don't do damage? You can't be srs lol
    that's literally what i meant, those extra abilities that differ between a brain-off dps and a top dps is those utilities, yet u linked the chart for some unknown reason to tell me that u don't 'need' those extra abilities, then now u say they aren't shown?
    Of course they aren't shown! if a retardin use his proc flash heal to help heal a tank, it won't be shown in dps chart!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fooleymignon View Post
    agreed, classic is way more fun. i don't understand why these retail people are even having this conversation. I just logged into retail for the first time in years and it's the most confusing thing in the world. Playing a balance druid on retail right now is like 100 buttons. On wotlk classic i top damage but spamming moonfire/starfall/hurricane and thats it LOL

- - - Updated - - -

its like the retail kids have something to prove LOL i literally made an account to respond here because the OP was so biased it's not even funny. WOTLK classic is simpler than DF retail right now. End of discussion
    I Miss moonkin of wrath, it was actual unique and great, u go arcane, then all way nature, then back again
    not this current system of dps proc -.-
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I'm confused. I know we've reused icons but you've even labeled the macro "her" for heroic leap.
    An ability that didnt exist in wotlk.
    Why is it on your bars?
    Why people keep making clueless posts. Heroic Fury is a talent that resets Intercept cooldown, the Heroic Leap icon was taken directly from this.

I love how people make arguments in a topic like this when they are utterly clueless about the game. Well done guys keep this up.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2022-11-14 at 07:24 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4