Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    SL is over. You seriously want doing SL callings and mission table another two years? Especially when 50-60 takes like 2 hours since today?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    The only gold income they don't nerf is the buying gold from them.
    Oh yeah, and they "kinda forget" about token when they introdued hefty gold reward for callings in 9.0. You people...

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    I've not seen anything official anywhere, but I expected it to happen at some point. Unsure why Mr GM knew exactly (assuming Blizzard sources) but no one else seemed to mention it. WoD, Legion and BFA were also gutted with the new Expansions, although I can't remember the exact timings of those. I think it was the start of their pre-patches but can't remember.

Don't have high expectations of the event honestly, it only lasting two weeks gives them limited time on what they can do More looking forward to messing with an Evoker and my Anima grind. Also doing LFR with a gazillion Evokers, might be interesting
    about a week or so after expansion release. gold nerfs that is. and I wasn't having high expectations but so far its just... strange. I went to barrens and there were 4 sites and I just picked one at random and it just spawned circles on the ground and so quillboard? so I grinded them with other people for a bit, occasionaly even getting event currency and just thought... is there all there is to it? then I noticed than another site turned to skull, so I went there, grinded mobs for a bit and then large elemental became attackable and I got slightly more event currency and a piece of blue gear and... then the site just stayed there, spawning mobs? I only just started the quest chain, but so far its been.. eh as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    about a week or so after expansion release. gold nerfs that is. and I wasn't having high expectations but so far its just... strange. I went to barrens and there were 4 sites and I just picked one at random and it just spawned circles on the ground and so quillboard? so I grinded them with other people for a bit, occasionaly even getting event currency and just thought... is there all there is to it? then I noticed than another site turned to skull, so I went there, grinded mobs for a bit and then large elemental became attackable and I got slightly more event currency and a piece of blue gear and... then the site just stayed there, spawning mobs? I only just started the quest chain, but so far its been.. eh as well.
    i mean, it's there for 2 weeks.ifyou don't care about it, just don't do it.

Gold sources fromolder expansions always get nerfed what difference do two weeks make?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    i mean, it's there for 2 weeks.ifyou don't care about it, just don't do it.

Gold sources fromolder expansions always get nerfed what difference do two weeks make?
    about 100k for me, give or take. which, again for me is considerable. (I still have a multitude of mounts I haven't bought yet and no, I will not be buying gold for them)

and my problem with pre expansion events is that they are boring. I have literally just resubbed a week ago, figured I'd beef up my gold supplies before they nerf them (which yes they do but usually AFTER expansion is released), mess around with preexpansion event, get some anniversary play in maybe.

is it my bad for assuming that they will do what they have done before? maybe? is it unreasonable for me to say something about it? no. its not unreasonable, so if this doesn't bother you, then you don't have to post here either /shrug.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-11-16 at 06:05 AM.

they couldn't have waited until at least expac launch? sigh....
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    It is weird. Why wait for phase 2 and not launch?
    I'm sorry, have you started playing during Shadowlands? Nerfs like this usually happen with prepatch already, we got two phases this time, so you even got two more weeks out of it.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    I'm sorry, have you started playing during Shadowlands? Nerfs like this usually happen with prepatch already, we got two phases this time, so you even got two more weeks out of it.
    I have been playing since original BC. this is the first time in my memory that they nerfed gold like that before expansion release. again, in MY memory, they nerf it either with release or a week or so after.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I don't mind.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    I have been playing since original BC. this is the first time in my memory that they nerfed gold like that before expansion release. again, in MY memory, they nerf it either with release or a week or so after.
    Then you have horrid memory.
    Garrison gold
    Order hall gold
    Adventure table gold
    All three had their rewards nerfed at prepatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

they couldn't have waited until at least expac launch? sigh....
    Also table missions are now useless (like 20g rewards). To me, when game version has been changed to 10.X i am considering it the next expansion. We don't have access to the new zones/content but all the systems are the new ones.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    The only gold income they don't nerf is the buying gold from them.
    Except you actually buy it from other players. They just charge you a middleman fee.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its not possible to sell out, there is billions of gold in circulation, and multiple millions if not billions get generated every single day, players dont buy gold enough for them to ever run out. The only limit is the tokens that are being sold, there is always someone to buy a token though.
    The token has sold out multiple times, especially when it was in the 150-200k range.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Except you actually buy it from other players. They just charge you a middleman fee.
    They are wows government that legalized buying gold solely through them in first place. They also create incentives to buy gold with gold sinks like dino mount and better legendary for more gold. Yeah totally innocent middleman without control lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mbit2 View Post
    They are wows government that legalized buying gold solely through them in first place. They also create incentives to buy gold with gold sinks like dino mount and better legendary for more gold. Yeah totally innocent middleman without control lol.
    Even before the token Blizzard still added things to the game that made having lots of gold better. That doesn't mean they controlled the third-party gold selling market, does it? Gold sinks have always existed.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Even before the token Blizzard still added things to the game that made having lots of gold better. That doesn't mean they controlled the third-party gold selling market, does it? Gold sinks have always existed.
    Do they both control gold creation and demand of gold? Yes. So not just a middleman. It's that simple.

I saw this coming, but I didn't expect it to be before the actual launch.

Ah well. I've done all I needed to do with Callings anyway. I've earned enough gold across my eleven max-level toons through them to purchase the expansion, and with less than a few weeks left before launch, they now serve little purpose, and I can look forward to gold-making methods in Dragonflight proper to make the occasional token.

Doesn't bother me much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do they both control gold creation and demand of gold? Yes. So not just a middleman. It's that simple.
    Those are things that exist independent of the token. There is nothing to suggest blizzard modifies gold creation or gold sinks based on the token or to encourage more token sales.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The token has sold out multiple times, especially when it was in the 150-200k range.
    There is always someone that will buy a token so there is always a demand, the gold will never run out and the tokens are generated as soon as someone buys them, so there is always a supply of them you may just have to buy it a different time, so they cant really ever run out since there always will be someone to buy them until WoW is close to dying.

- - - Updated - - -

It is possible for the AH to sell out. It has happened before. If no one buys a token they don't sell. If no one posts a token there are none to buy. It is a player driven system.
    They can never truely sell out because they get generated when someone buys them, currently you can always buy or sell one almost anytime you want.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Those are things that exist independent of the token. There is nothing to suggest blizzard modifies gold creation or gold sinks based on the token or to encourage more token sales.
    lol Blizz having to make a profit suggests exactly that. Imagine not worrying about your income from tokens when managing gold economy linked to it. Youre straight up insulting their intelligence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    They can never truely sell out because they get generated when someone buys them, currently you can always buy or sell one almost anytime you want.
    If no one posts a token there is nothing to buy on the AH. It can sell out. No one is talking about selling out on the Blizzard store.

lol Blizz having to make a profit suggests exactly that. Imagine not worrying about your income from tokens when managing gold economy linked to it. Youre straight up insulting their intelligence.
    He's one of those people that think blizzard is a charity and wouldn't generate gold and tokens even if there were no players putting them up. Imagine actually believing the opposite?