Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Understandable, but yeah it is quite fun, I have no intention of maining them, but playing around with them with a friend on stream yesterday (and spending lots of time on them during alpha/beta myself) they are a blast, especialy because of how extremly mobile they are.

https://twitter.com/LimitPreheat/sta...94461142753280
    Oh man, I LOVE killing my friends with Rescue in FF14. This doesn't look as good for trolling, but it has potential. I had my doubts about this class but I haven't looked into it for awhile until now, this looks pretty fun. Not a huge fan of the Dragon form but I prefer gameplay over visuals anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    ...how boring.

Zero mobility, a super colorization of skills that makes it look like this gecko has swallowed a rainbow.
    It is a ranged class with only 25 yards and zero mobility. How to solve the problem? You have to keep healing like crazy.
    Soar has a 5 fucking minute cooldown. Seriously? I'd rather forget that the only cool skill can't be used when we want it because it's still on cooldown. And why the hell can't the Dractyr form use my Hunter's mail xmogs?? The shape of the body?? Why... it's the same type as the worgen.
    Oh, and I thought the worgen was clumsy walking... but Dractyr outdid himself.

And to think that with 10 times less time and resources they could have made a super fast class, really dark and menacing and with more badass spells than we can imagine... (Oh! Did anyone think about Dark Ranger?).

Just sad. I already deleted my Dractyr. Congratulations if you have fun controlling a gecko more paralyzed than a pole and spitting rainbow balls.

Enjoy them fine myself, just needs some iteration.

1+ Year Old Account
    ...how boring.

Zero mobility, a super colorization of skills that makes it look like this gecko has swallowed a rainbow.
    It is a ranged class with only 25 yards and zero mobility. How to solve the problem? You have to keep healing like crazy.
    Soar has a 5 fucking minute cooldown. Seriously? I'd rather forget that the only cool skill can't be used when we want it because it's still on cooldown. And why the hell can't the Dractyr form use my Hunter's mail xmogs?? The shape of the body?? Why... it's the same type as the worgen.
    Oh, and I thought the worgen was clumsy walking... but Dractyr outdid himself.

And to think that with 10 times less time and resources they could have made a super fast class, really dark and menacing and with more badass spells than we can imagine... (Oh! Did anyone think about Dark Ranger?).

Just sad. I already deleted my Dractyr. Congratulations if you have fun controlling a gecko more paralyzed than a pole and spitting rainbow balls.
    I keep telling people that Dracs are dogshit at PVP because of everything you said, and I get told to take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Death knights would like to have a word with you. And warriors. And paladins. And mages... etc... etc.. etc...
    Melee classes once they are in front of the target just hit and don't have to run this way or that way. So DK and Warrior are not good to compare with Evoker. The mage was always a pole..! I really thought that being a dragon species some brain at Blizzard would think Evokers should have more natural mobility. No need to press half the keyboard buttons for this to happen. But this brain at Blizzard was a gut...

1+ Year Old Account
    Melee classes once they are in front of the target just hit and don't have to run this way or that way. So DK and Warrior are not good to compare with Evoker. The mage was always a pole..! I really thought that being a dragon species some brain at Blizzard would think Evokers should have more natural mobility. No need to press half the keyboard buttons for this to happen. But this brain at Blizzard was a gut...
    Not to mention unholy dk can just spec for minions or diseases, so they don't even need to be in your face.

What class has the type of mobility you're asking for? Seriously, even DHs require you to press buttons to be mobile.

I genuinely don't understand what you're asking for here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude the thing only got worse. Do I need to push a button to reduce the button colldown that gives me a momentary glimpse of mobility? Let's remember that the Evoker is a Dragon.
    Uh, it lasts an hour. You press it once before you do anything and forget about it. Also it effects all of your (and your party’s) mobility abilities.

"Zero mobility"

I feel like you literally did NOT test them, and just looked at talking points from 6 months ago and started crying here. and blah blah blah
    Man, don't look now but you just gave me a bunch of skills that the evoker NEED TO PRESS to move like other classes move naturally. And we're talking about a dragon. Yes, I played the entire initial quest up to the part where we talk to that mage who never knows how to shave properly...!

You're obviously not the target audience but there are plenty of other people who this class and theme is for and they love it. Just move on and play the class/race you like my dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    What class has the type of mobility you're asking for? Seriously, even DHs require you to press buttons to be mobile.

seems like complaining for sake of complaining, without even bothering to check if what he says is truth - most is not, and it seems obvious he havent even played the character

7+ Year Old Account
    Man, don't look now but you just gave me a bunch of skills that the evoker NEED TO PRESS to move like other classes move naturally. And we're talking about a dragon. Yes, I played the entire initial quest up to the part where we talk to that mage who never knows how to shave properly...!
    Uhh what?
    We were meming, your argument is actually that evokers need to press their mobility abilities?
    What classes don't need to press their mobility abilities? What the fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post

It's easy to understand.
    DHs is a melee class. They have incredible mobility but don't even depend much on them when they're in front of the target hitting them. Evoker is a ranged class (which by survival logic and combat strategy cannot stay in one place). Mages solve this with stun and teleports.

The evoker needs to press 3 or 4 buttons to move like a rogue, DH the monk but these 3 classes I mentioned are melee and once in front (or behind) the target their job is just to hit, stun, hit until the target dies. The Evoker (a dragon) is spitting fireworks, squeezing a thousand things to get out of A and into B, and healing like crazy to survive. I found it quite boring. Pretty crap gameplay.. I'm sorry.

Melee classes once they are in front of the target just hit and don't have to run this way or that way.
    ... Have you ever raided? Or done any dungeon? Like... at all? Here's a hint: just because they're in range of their target, doesn't mean they don't have to move anymore.

Also, for the part I bolded: if you, as a melee, is standing in front of the bosses and mobs the tank are holding aggro from, you're playing very, very wrong.

It's easy to understand.
    DHs is a melee class. They have incredible mobility but don't even depend much on them when they're in front of the target hitting them. Evoker is a ranged class (which by survival logic and combat strategy cannot stay in one place). Mages solve this with stun and teleports.

The evoker needs to press 3 or 4 buttons to move like a rogue, DH the monk but these 3 classes I mentioned are melee and once in front (or behind) the target their job is just to hit, stun, hit until the target dies. The Evoker (a dragon) is spitting fireworks, squeezing a thousand things to get out of A and into B, and healing like crazy to survive. I found it quite boring. Pretty crap gameplay.. I'm sorry.
    I don't care that you found it boring, that's a matter of opinion, one I might even share. I'm confused as to what "natural mobility" means. It sounds like you want to be able to fly around the battlefield by...what, thinking about it? Let's say we give the Evoker all of a demon hunter's mobility...Would you be happy then? Demon hunters (my main, by the way) still have to press buttons to be mobile.

I think Devastation, so far, doesn't have enough buttons to press and, as a result, find it kind of boring so far - Fine, maybe we agree there. But to say they're not mobile because you have to press buttons to gain access to their mobility literally does not make sense to me.

Man, don't look now but you just gave me a bunch of skills that the evoker NEED TO PRESS to move like other classes move naturally.
    What classes move at 70% naturally?

It's easy to understand.
    DHs is a melee class. They have incredible mobility...
    When you hit a button, you mean?

Uhh what?
    We were meming, your argument is actually that evokers need to press their mobility abilities?
    What classes don't need to press their mobility abilities? What the fuck
    Using Mobility buttons in a melee class is different from using mobility buttons in a ranged class. The buttons on DH, Warrior, rogue etc... are "charges" that the class uses precisely to keep the target in "Clinch" to do what these classes were made to do so they are buttons that we press with pleasure. The Evoker (a ranged class) should either have many (a lot of) stuns, or teleports or something more similar to a mage at least. Now the Evoker's mobility buttons are skills with enough cooldown to reach a point where you find yourself completely rooted to the ground. Everything a melee enemy needs to kill you easily.

look at this:
    Verdant Embrace:
    It is used to save a friend. In a DPS class if I want to save someone I have an identity crisis.

Rescue:
    Same shit.

Exuberance:
    hahahahah... 10% speed and I still have to be in bad health. Really Blizzard?

Now look at this madness:

To do something that (in my opinion a dragon should naturally do) we need:

- Press Blessing of the Bronze (which has a 15 second cooldown. (Note: In 15 seconds my Rogue kills an Evoker 2 times. No joking. But that's another story..)
    - Press Hover (which now has less than 35 secs of cooldown because you wasted a finger on Blessing of the Bronze).
    In the middle of a fight against a DH or Rogue someone with anxiety has a heart attack from having to "play piano" on the keyboard to try to run. BUT WAIT....

...if you spend all-important talent points on:
    - Aerial Mastery
    - Extended Flight
    - Tailwind...
    .... the Hover talent (with its 30+ second cooldown) gets a little better. lol

And what about Time Spiral and Zephyr?? [[[[2 minutes of colddoonw]]]. It makes me too lazy to talk about it. Not to mention that (again) one of them is to help little friends in trouble...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    I keep telling people that Dracs are dogshit at PVP because of everything you said, and I get told to take a hike.
    Yes my rogue is eating roasted dragon in every PVP I enter. Thank you Blizzard. Another interesting doomy doll you created.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    In this thread we can see an OP who threw a literal tantrum over being wrong.
    also an OP who I am willing to bet played the first 5 minutes of the Dracthyr zone, died to the poison gas a bunch of times and just gave up. If OP had tested it for more than 5 minutes they would know that they are 100% wrong

Using Mobility buttons in a melee class is different from using mobility buttons in a ranged class. The buttons on DH, Warrior, rogue etc... are "charges" that the class uses precisely to keep the target in "Clinch" to do what these classes were made to do so they are buttons that we press with pleasure. The Evoker (a ranged class) should either have many (a lot of) stuns, or teleports or something more similar to a mage at least. Now the Evoker's mobility buttons are skills with enough cooldown to reach a point where you find yourself completely rooted to the ground. Everything a melee enemy needs to kill you easily.
    Ok, pretty sure you're trolling, at this point. Mages have a few items, yes, but they all have charges and/or cooldowns and once you've exhausted those guess what, you're stuck.

The Evoker has several stuns/roots, lots of movement abilities, and can glide. I'm sorry, you're just complaining to get attention at this point. buhbye.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    ... Have you ever raided? Or done any dungeon? Like... at all? Here's a hint: just because they're in range of their target, doesn't mean they don't have to move anymore.

Also, for the part I bolded: if you, as a melee, is standing in front of the bosses and mobs the tank are holding aggro from, you're playing very, very wrong.
    I think our problem is that I am speaking in PVPnglish and you are speaking in PVEnglish.

And when we play PVP for a long time when testing a class that relies so much on cooldowns to kill or run fast it sucks... (both in PVE and PVP). But as someone said above "opinion is subjective".

Pretty crap gameplay.. I'm sorry.
    Cool, I'm glad you feel your blog of opinions is helpful but you're quite wrong on the mobility of the class. And your example of catching a monk in pvp, yeah they could catch a monk quite easily. So can a druid for that matter. What's your point?

- - - Updated - - -

Now in Warsong Gulch you will be able to see a panda running with your faction's flag and you (A DRAGON) will not be able to reach it. "I lol 3000".
    Yeah this line. You're way wrong, but given this entire thread is you spouting wrong information laced with your opinion.