Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Women bad.
    More like weak bait bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Women bad.
    Emily blunt agrees with me. What's her agenda Mr dismissive with nothing to add

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it was just a normal to bad movie, not as awful as Thor, so i could muscle trough it, but its worse than doctor strange.

I think the decision to not recast black panther was dumb and the final product was not good, the reason by his offscreen death was also dubious, and it seems like they just wanted to force emotion on the audience using the actor dead as well. New black panther looks so thin it can be blow away by wind.

+points for M'Baku, i think he is the only reason i somewhat liked it

5+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Emily blunt agrees with me. What's her agenda Mr dismissive with nothing to add
    1. no she doesn't
    2. this has a strong vibe reminiscent of "I'm not a racist, I have a black friend"

Mighty Thor is in Valhalla, Thor Odinson is still around, Hulk is around and main avenger, She-hulk is a ground level superhero, Suri is black panther by necessity (original script involved T'chala) and there are spoilers I'm not getting into (she was also black panther in the comics), Antman is still around and Hope Van Dyne was being set up as the Wasp with the first movie, not to mention she's been around for decades and her mother was the original Wasp in a teamup with original Antman since 60ties and was one of the founding members of the Avengers in the comics. Hawkeye is still around, let dude retire in peace, Kate Bishop is also a comic book character and his protege - speaking of protege's Riri Williams is Tony Stark's protege in the comics.

Captain Marvel, aka Carol Danvers is the character that existed in comics since late 60ties and got her powers from Mar Vel in the comics - Mar Vel is the only gender flipped character in the entire lineup.

moreover... yes, lets forget about all the male originals still being there or all the newer male characters being added.

must ... push... buthurt... agenda....

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    1. no she doesn't
    2. this has a strong vibe reminiscent of "I'm not a racist, I have a black friend"

Mighty Thor is in Valhalla, Thor Odinson is still around, Hulk is around and main avenger, She-hulk is a ground level superhero, Suri is black panther by necessity (original script involved T'chala) and there are spoilers I'm not getting into (she was also black panther in the comics), Antman is still around and Hope Van Dyne was being set up as the Wasp with the first movie, not to mention she's been around for decades and her mother was the original Wasp in a teamup with original Antman since 60ties and was one of the founding members of the Avengers in the comics. Hawkeye is still around, let dude retire in peace, Kate Bishop is also a comic book character and his protege - speaking of protege's Riri Williams is Tony Stark's protege in the comics.

Captain Marvel, aka Carol Danvers is the character that existed in comics since late 60ties and got her powers from Mar Vel in the comics - Mar Vel is the only gender flipped character in the entire lineup.

moreover... yes, lets forget about all the male originals still being there or all the newer male characters being added.

must ... push... buthurt... agenda....
    Yeah I'm the one with an agenda when people cant even have an open discussion without the dribble coming out.

Its just bad writing and marvel at the moment is the biggest culprit of "strong" being a character trait. What Is the difference between shuri and riri? Both protégé geniuses with no flaws and no interesting direction to head in character growth when they are already perfect and you have two characters that serve the exact same function

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Now they've introduced Riri thats pretty much every single avengers character has been replaced with a female yea?

Now got female Ironman, female Hulk, female Thor, female Black Panthar, Female Antman, female Hawkeye, female shazam/cap marvel.

Suddenly doesnt become all that diverse when you force diversity.
    We had a female iron man since infinity war with rescue, Jane thor is dead, and cap marvel has nothing to do with shazam.

stop trying to make problems where they don't exist.

- - - Updated - - -

What Is the difference between shuri and riri? Both protégé geniuses with no flaws and no interesting direction to head in character growth when they are already perfect and you have two characters that serve the exact same function
    You not watch the movie or something and miss the whole major plot point that Shuri is a rather angry person who wants to burn the world to the point where she see's killmonger of all people in the astral plane? riri is just a normal girl with no big hang ups being rather care free wants to go back to school.

very similar.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    We had a female iron man since infinity war with rescue, Jane thor is dead, and cap marvel has nothing to do with shazam.

stop trying to make problems where they don't exist.
    Shazam was never the name of the Captain Marvel of Marvel comics, but... there IS a connection via Fawcett comics and their lawsuit with DC back in the 50ties, that resulted in some trademark shuffling where Marvel ended up with Captain Marvel name though not the original Fawcett character and DC got the character but had to start publishing under Shazam name, cause at that point Captain Marvel was taken.

replying to you rather then poster you are replying to, because it has become apparent to me that any discussion with them is pointless, and this misuse of Shazam origins is but a small example of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I'm the one with an agenda when people cant even have an open discussion without the dribble coming out.

Its just bad writing and marvel at the moment is the biggest culprit of "strong" being a character trait. What Is the difference between shuri and riri? Both protégé geniuses with no flaws and no interesting direction to head in character growth when they are already perfect and you have two characters that serve the exact same function
    You're literally just whining because there's some women fronting MCU films these days. Most of the older characters aren't even being replaced, and one of them (T'challa) is only being replaced because the actor died in real life, or he'd have been heading up Black Panther 2.

"Strong" is a character trait. You having a problem with strong women does not make it an actual problem.

And while I haven't seen BP2 yet to speak to differences between Shuri and Riri, Shuri at least has been shown to have flaws in prior films. And people like you only raise these complaints when it's female characters you're complaining about. They haven't been true for any of the past characters that have gotten hate like Danvers, so I have no reason to presume it's any more valid this time around. You always try and blame "bad writing" but can't ever actually point to an actual example, at least not one that's out of line with the rest of the MCU (since it's not exactly high literature).

Case in point; character growth is not a requirement for "good writing". The Indiana Jones films are classics, and Indiana Jones does not change between the first and last films. He even wears the same hat. James Bond never changes, other than swapping out actors on the regular. A lot of DC heroes don't change, outside of what-if type scenarios; Superman is always Superman, Batman is always Batman, and while they experiment sometimes with a shift, they always snap back, because "character growth" is antithetical to their purpose in their stories.

Character growth is also not synonymous with "character development", which often takes place by revealing more and more depths to an unchanging character.

7+ Year Old Account
    Shazam was never the name of the Captain Marvel of Marvel comics, but... there IS a connection via Fawcett comics and their lawsuit with DC back in the 50ties, that resulted in some trademark shuffling where Marvel ended up with Captain Marvel name though not the original Fawcett character and DC got the character but had to start publishing under Shazam name, cause at that point Captain Marvel was taken.

replying to you rather then poster you are replying to, because it has become apparent to me that any discussion with them is pointless, and this misuse of Shazam origins is but a small example of that.
    Ya the trade mark fight over the name captain marvel does link them in a way but as you said there is really no connection beyond that and the idea that some one would bring up Shazam and the MCU mean's they likely know little about the situation or are trolling with it.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Wow...I initially thought of catching a matinee, I'm glad I didn't bother.

The movie was rather dull and too long.
    I don't mind the change in Namors origin except how he got his nom de guerre.
    The characters were too similar to care about a single one. The Wakanda women got the worst of it: All are women, of colour, powerful, stoic warriors, with no real discerning characters.
    Riri and Suri are both going on about being poc women geniuses, if they were not played by different actresses you would not be able to tell the difference.
    The CGI ... felt as cheap as possible. If you compare Iron Man I armour with Ironheart, the former is an armour, the latter a kids toy.
    Exposition is usually given when talked about over the phone or when 2 people share a quiet moment, and the action scenes are just for the action, but don't drive the plot.
    Some acting was well done, the music did not pop out or impress me ...
    4/10
    Too long, to bland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Chapek is out, Iger is back. Very Interesting to say the least.

Just want to add my 2 cents since Namor's physique is a hot topic of discussion here as well as all of social media.

For a swimmer, he looks as a swimmer should. For a mutant, superhero/anti-hero/larger than life comic book character, and King of A--...Talochan, he looks average, like 80's beefy wrestler type. It's kind of lazy and I heard his acting isn't stellar enough to overcompensate for him not hitting the GYM enough. He should at least be more comparable to Captain America and Thor. That's when you see guys that took the role seriously. Hell, even Heimdall. It doesn't help that he's short, which isn't his fault, but getting ripped shouldn't have been difficult. Plenty of short guys in Hollywood get ripped easily with a personal trainer and swimming/cardio regimen. It's a character that spends the entire movie in little shorts and nothing else, looking anything but nearly perfect was unacceptable and greatly lowered the bar as far as first impressions for the character goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Just want to add my 2 cents since Namor's physique is a hot topic of discussion here as well as all of social media.

For a swimmer, he looks as a swimmer should. For a mutant, superhero/anti-hero/larger than life comic book character, and King of A--...Talochan, he looks average, like 80's beefy wrestler type. It's kind of lazy and I heard his acting isn't stellar enough to overcompensate for him not hitting the GYM enough. He should at least be more comparable to Captain America and Thor. That's when you see guys that took the role seriously. Hell, even Heimdall. It doesn't help that he's short, which isn't his fault, but getting ripped shouldn't have been difficult. Plenty of short guys in Hollywood get ripped easily with a personal trainer and swimming/cardio regimen. It's a character that spends the entire movie in little shorts and nothing else, looking anything but nearly perfect was unacceptable and greatly lowered the bar as far as first impressions for the character goes.
    and there we have the example of unrealistic expectations.

easily. EASILY. yeah, with liberal use of "supplements" maybe and once again, REMINDER - those guys, captain America, Thor, etc? they have one, maybe two shirtless scenes and in order to look shredded for that one scene? they go through a 3 day dehydration prep. THIS. IS NOT. SUTAINABLE. THROUGH. THE ENTIRE. MOVIE. SHOOT. and I'm not making this up either, there are countless interviews of these actors talking about what they go through for a single shredded scene and the rest of the movie, they do in costume. fully covered. they do NOT look that shredded the entire time. Neither do professional bodybuilders (who do you think actor trainers got the idea from?)

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a...namor-workout/ for reference. he has worked as hard as all the other MCU actors. around long term injuries too.

so kindly, please get a clue.

P.S. you do not get to judge someone's acting on "I heard"

7+ Year Old Account
    There are really people who think Namor didn’t look good because he didn’t do a ton of steroids before every session of shooting?

Some of y’all are nuts.

and there we have the example of unrealistic expectations.

easily. EASILY. yeah, with liberal use of "supplements" maybe and once again, REMINDER - those guys, captain America, Thor, etc? they have one, maybe two shirtless scenes and in order to look shredded for that one scene? they go through a 3 day dehydration prep. THIS. IS NOT. SUTAINABLE. THROUGH. THE ENTIRE. MOVIE. SHOOT. and I'm not making this up either, there are countless interviews of these actors talking about what they go through for a single shredded scene and the rest of the movie, they do in costume. fully covered. they do NOT look that shredded the entire time. Neither do professional bodybuilders (who do you think actor trainers got the idea from?)

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a...namor-workout/ for reference. he has worked as hard as all the other MCU actors. around long term injuries too.

so kindly, please get a clue.

P.S. you do not get to judge someone's acting on "I heard"
    Never seen an interview where Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, or anyone that achieved a shredded physique did so for ONE lone shirtless scene. Granted, once principal photography wraps up, they get off whatever crazy diet they're one, no one does it for ONE scene. That would be ridiculous considering how often re=shoots are needed nowadays. I have seen interviews where many of them emphasize it's tough. Hugh Jackman said so long before any of them when he got shredded for Wolverine way back.

If Huerta can't look his absolute best, he shouldn't have taken on the role. He doesn't look much better than most regular joes who lift, and judging his acting ability based on hearsay is perfectly plausible. When an actor excels, normally reviews and word of mouth reflects that. No one is raving about his performance carrying the film. The movie's critical acclaim is coming from its ensemble performance and directorial effort. If anything, Chadwick Boseman is the one getting most of the praise in this film, as he's what it's all about and he's overshadowed everyone vicariously. Huerta's Namor is serviceable or a missed opportunity at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never seen an interview where Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, or anyone that achieved a shredded physique did so for ONE lone shirtless scene. Granted, once principal photography wraps up, they get off whatever crazy diet they're one, no one does it for ONE scene. That would be ridiculous considering how often re=shoots are needed nowadays. I have seen interviews where many of them emphasize it's tough. Hugh Jackman said so long before any of them when he got shredded for Wolverine way back.
    Then you're sure not looking around very hard to investigate.

https://www.insider.com/chris-hemswo...trainer-2022-3
    https://www.ranker.com/list/actors-s...onathan-kantor
    https://fandomwire.com/i-could-smell...-perfect-look/

If Huerta can't look his absolute best, he shouldn't have taken on the role. He doesn't look much better than most regular joes who lift, and judging his acting ability based on hearsay is perfectly plausible. When an actor excels, normally reviews and word of mouth reflects that. No one is raving about his performance carrying the film. The movie's critical acclaim is coming from its ensemble performance and directorial effort. If anything, Chadwick Boseman is the one getting most of the praise in this film, as he's what it's all about and he's overshadowed everyone vicariously. Huerta's Namor is serviceable or a missed opportunity at best.
    He's got a visible six-pack. If you think that's not enough, your standards are completely borked and unhealthy.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-11-21 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Smaller image

I'm sorry, performance only counts when it overshadows everyone else? we are now criticizing actors for "check's notes" being team players?

good god...

also

from a quick google, this review specifically mentions praise for Namor in a title as well as body, but a lot of the reviews I have seen praise Namor's portrayal along with the rest of the cast. https://uproxx.com/movies/black-pant...dia-reactions/

this is to add to Endus's response above.