7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Man your really just linking the whole MCU to say it made less/wasn't a hit.... I'm just gonna quote witchblade because your not just a clown your the whole circus.
    Except Black panther is behind love and thunder, at the moment, it just beat in the opening

It will get ahead with time? probably, but right now is behind, is that a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Except he doesn't maintain a "shredded' look anywhere, lol, he doesn't need to be the rock, but he should be more ripped than what he show himself in the movie.

If the problem is getting to it, cast someone close enough so it gets easier to maintain a good shape, i think it should be the focus, since namor is shirtless most of time.
    He's saying that he never looks shredded in this movie because he has to maintain his physique for an entire shoot (because he's shirtless for the majority of the movie). Meanwhile Evans et al only obtain that shredded look for one scene a movie, maybe, and undergo insane, non-maintainable regimens to get that look which can barely be maintained for the few days it's needed to shoot the scene, let alone the months-long shoot for an entire movie. The rest of the time Evans et al look more like Namor's actor (still strong looking, but thicker) but they're in a molded, padded suit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    He's saying that he never looks shredded in this movie because he has to maintain his physique for an entire shoot (because he's shirtless for the majority of the movie). Meanwhile Evans et al only obtain that shredded look for one scene a movie, maybe, and undergo insane, non-maintainable regimens to get that look which can barely be maintained for the few days it's needed to shoot the scene, let alone the months-long shoot for an entire movie. The rest of the time Evans et al look more like Namor's actor (still strong looking, but thicker) but they're in a molded, padded suit.
    Thats why i said they should have cast someone else, with an already good shape so he could maintain for the entire movie

Or, just put a body suit, that way you can do what they did with others, its not like it was going to be a big deal since they changed A LOT of stuff from the character anyway. If he was going to be shirtless, i think he should look more like the "hero shape", personally, i don't care much, just saying a preference, both work for me, but one work more.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-11-24 at 01:23 AM.

Except Black panther is behind love and thunder, at the moment, it just beat in the opening

It will get ahead with time? probably, but right now is behind, is that a lie?
    It's ahead of where Love and Thunder was after it's second weekend by over 50 million dollars. It didn't "just beat it in the opening"....it beat it on opening night, opening weekend, and second weekend. It's even ahead of where Love and Thunder was in it's 3rd weekend.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why i said they should have cast someone else, with an already good shape so he could maintain for the entire movie
    You're describing Huerta. And your inability to understand human physiology, even after it's been repeatedly explained to you by multiple people.

Huerta's in amazing shape.

Are people seriously saying Huerta is not in incredible shape, just because you can't count every muscle fiber?

The fuck is wrong with people.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Are people seriously saying Huerta is not in incredible shape, just because you can't count every muscle fiber?

The fuck is wrong with people.
    Arguing for the sake of arguing. Does post count get you money on MMOC? Have I been missing out all these years???

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    Arguing for the sake of arguing. Does post count get you money on MMOC? Have I been missing out all these years???
    Wait, you're NOT in the MMOC posting points partnership program?

Anyway, I'm glad Hollywood is being more sensible there for a change, I've had it with those gross flesh bulges they usually like to peddle.

Funny thing is that one of them is accusing everyone else of "arguing for the sake of arguing".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Or, just put a body suit, that way you can do what they did with others, its not like it was going to be a big deal since they changed A LOT of stuff from the character anyway. If he was going to be shirtless, i think he should look more like the "hero shape", personally, i don't care much, just saying a preference, both work for me, but one work more.
    Who? Who would that be? Chris Evans' can't maintain it, Chris Hemsworth can't maintain it, who are you expecting to maintain being absolutely shredded for a multi-month shoot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who? Who would that be? Chris Evans' can't maintain it, Chris Hemsworth can't maintain it, who are you expecting to maintain being absolutely shredded for a multi-month shoot?
    Sigh, steroid culture. The new anorexia.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean, for a normal human, who just do some work outs, he is indeed in an amazing shape.

For a mutant king of the ocean Namor? not so much, just saying there is nothing wrong in expecting more of it, Personally, im fine with i either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're describing Huerta. And your inability to understand human physiology, even after it's been repeatedly explained to you by multiple people.
    Nah, im describing someone else, you are pretending people can't be ripped like that without some serious and unhealthy training.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's ahead of where Love and Thunder was after it's second weekend by over 50 million dollars. It didn't "just beat it in the opening"....it beat it on opening night, opening weekend, and second weekend. It's even ahead of where Love and Thunder was in it's 3rd weekend.
    Right now is behind numbers, it will surpass it, but its not there yet.

- - - Updated - - -

The people who cast actors probably have a list of the ones who can.

Like, someone like the rock probably could, the challenge would get someone who can and be a good actor as well.

I mean, arguing over it was not started by me, im just saying people can dislike that just fine, and "there is nothing wrong with then" for doing so, its an aspect of the movie they didn't like it

i think the ironheart suit was fucking awful, there is prob some people who think is neat.
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-11-24 at 02:33 AM.

Right now is behind numbers, it will surpass it, but its not yet.
    It's ahead of where Love and Thunder was at the same point by over 50 million dollars. You're trying to compare 3 months in theaters against 12 days.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    It's ahead of where Love and Thunder was at the same point by over 50 million dollars. You're trying to compare 3 months in theaters against 12 days.
    Right, i know that, Still doesn't change the fact is behind atm, total

Yeah, 3 months to 12 days, thats why im saying it will eventually surpass it.

Right, i know that, Still doesn't change the fact is behind atm, total

Yeah, 3 months to 12 days, thats why im saying it will eventually surpass it.
    So, what you're saying is that the metric you are using to compare the performance of the two movies is completely meaningless.

I mean, for a normal human, who just do some work outs, he is indeed in an amazing shape.

For a mutant king of the ocean Namor? not so much, just saying there is nothing wrong in expecting more of it, Personally, im fine with i either way.
    Bullshit. There's no basis for comparison, because those kinds of mutants don't exist. Which means the only reference you have are other pieces of fiction.

And let's be clear: if there WERE people with superior strength, they'd be closer to what you see than they would be to a dehydrated, starved body builder, because muscle strength comes from density, not volume.

The only thing you're saying is "he doesn't look like some other people I've seen in movies" - which, fair enough, he doesn't. You can like that or not like that, that's up to you. But in terms of what's best for the actors OR what's more realistic, what they're doing is better than the illusion other movies might bank on.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    My favorite thing about Natalie Portman is she won't let her kids watch star wars because of how bad the prequels were thought to be, but will let them watch Love and Thunder

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, im describing someone else, you are pretending people can't be ripped like that without some serious and unhealthy training.
    They can't. The actors you've pointed to as counter-examples don't. You have an entirely fictional and toxic opinion in your head that is rooted in nothing but fantasy.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit. There's no basis for comparison, because those kinds of mutants don't exist. Which means the only reference you have are other pieces of fiction.

And let's be clear: if there WERE people with superior strength, they'd be closer to what you see than they would be to a dehydrated, starved body builder, because muscle strength comes from density, not volume.

The only thing you're saying is "he doesn't look like some other people I've seen in movies" - which, fair enough, he doesn't. You can like that or not like that, that's up to you. But in terms of what's best for the actors OR what's more realistic, what they're doing is better than the illusion other movies might bank on.
    Realistically, a person with powers like Superman would be way more likely to look like your average out-of-shape geek, with their tendency towards being obese or skinny basically boiling down to metabolism.

They wouldn't look like body builders.

You have to exert yourself to build muscle like that, and the entire point of those kinds of superpowers is that it doesn't take exertion. You can already throw a train car at someone, why train to throw something even bigger?

7+ Year Old Account
    There is none, thats why we just compare real world people who are ripped/muscular, like people said, "hero shape" in comics is like that, not bs o want people like that in the movies as well.

Like i said, they could have made namor with body suit, and only have him ripped in a few scenes, like the other heroes. After the changes they did with the chracter, this would be nothing

I think he was just fine, but, can't argue how someone more ripped would look cooler.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    My favorite thing about Natalie Portman is she won't let her kids watch star wars because of how bad the prequels were thought to be, but will let them watch Love and Thunder
    TBF, Thor love and thunder, as bad it is, is a kid's movie
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2022-11-24 at 03:40 AM.

There is none, thats why we just compare real world people who are ripped/muscular
    Aesthetic choices are subjective and negotiable. You're entirely fine just saying "I'd like them to look like X", but that's as far as it goes - subjective preference. Objectively speaking, perpetuating a stereotype that super ripped body-builder types are either effective or realistic isn't healthy for either the actors involved or society in general, which has enough body-image issues to deal with as it is. Them toning it down a notch and not having everyone try to look like The Rock after a three-day sweat lodge session may simply not be such a bad thing.