Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is why Blizzard is the way it is. The community screams they want something *i.e flying without the huge grind a year later* we get that in the form of dragon riding. Now people are complaining about that. Damned if you do damned if you dont with these people.

This expansion has SO MUCH to explore in these ENORMOUS zones. But is it a surprise that you won't ever see any of it if you rocket overhead at 830%?

Did you also take the shortcut exits to the "Dwarf" on the ledge, and the Centaur Caravan? Sure, you can save yourself like 20 minutes doing that, but do XP and iLevel have to be the *only* way to score your life?

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    This is why Blizzard is the way it is. The community screams they want something *i.e flying without the huge grind a year later* we get that in the form of dragon riding. Now people are complaining about that. Damned if you do damned if you dont with these people.
    I mean "a" guy is complaining and the rest are tip towing around calling him a dumb ass because the site weirdly want to encourage shit posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Thank God you have a thing called choice. You can choose not to do anything u don't want.
    Indeed, but people have answered this already with "it is not a choice, I am forced, because it gives me an advantage and I thus must do it to not limit myself"

I wonder however what live these ppl lead outside WoW if that is their maxim at all times.

There is ofc no universal answer to this. I have been in guilds where it was "Get yourself raid ready as fast as possible" and it was all about madly levelling and gearing through 5 mans and crafting.

Today however, I want to explore, just like I rather hike through some beautiful area than drive on a car through it.....and hell...it will all be still there tomorrow and will still eventually get everything I want to get anyhow. And if travelling and exploring bores me in a week or two or three, then Dragonriding is there

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I mean "a" guy is complaining and the rest are tip towing around calling him a dumb ass because the site weirdly want to encourage shit posting.
    I find it more satisfying to argue with pll than to call them names....unless they insult first, and even then, irony and sarcasm can be a sharper sword than just an insult. But each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Passing through View Post
    Indeed, but people have answered this already with "it is not a choice, I am forced, because it gives me an advantage and I thus must do it to not limit myself"

I wonder however what live these ppl lead outside WoW if that is their maxim at all times.

There is ofc no universal answer to this. I have been in guilds where it was "Get yourself raid ready as fast as possible" and it was all about madly levelling and gearing through 5 mans and crafting.

Today however, I want to explore, just like I rather hike through some beautiful area than drive on a car through it.....and hell...it will all be still there tomorrow and will still eventually get everything I want to get anyhow. And if travelling and exploring bores me in a week or two or three, then Dragonriding is there

- - - Updated - - -

I find it more satisfying to argue with pll than to call them names....unless they insult first, and even then, irony and sarcasm can be a sharper sword than just an insult. But each to their own.
    You make a good point. I’m sure these ’it gives an advantage so its forced’ people study and work 16 hours per day between learning languages and keeping a ripped body. They’re all billionaires and olympians and now WoW is their last remaining challenge in life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um... dragonriding is making me explore? I did every race in the waking shore and not wanting to leave the zone until I do all the achievements there. All because of dragon riding and the ability to move around more freely and not feel like I have to run past 100 mobs knocking me off my mount
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    I really like the system itself, but I feel like it was a major mistake putting it at the start of the expansion. I'm flying through entire zones in a matter of seconds, basically just jumping around from quest marker to quest marker and ignoring the world itself. The feeling of exploring a new continent has completely vanished for me, as I'm not slowly uncovering the map and finding interesting places anymore. I'm dashing from one place to the next at breakneck speed, not caring what is in between them at all.

The system also makes the new areas feel small as hell. I've already seen the entire expansion in like 20 minutes by collecting the glyphs. And now I can just go from one end to the other in 2 minutes. There's zero sense of scale. It almost feels like playing a few small new patch zones.

The gameplay itself feels amazing, but I would've prefered just having ground mounts and then getting dragonriding for each zone at the end. They barely feel like actual zones to me, as it's like I'm teleporting around and skipping everything instead of actually exploring.
    You know when you have a a few of these guys and a few of the "dragonriding sucks - i'm just falling i'm not getting anywhere" that blizzard hit the mark perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    Nagrand in WoD is the most basic shit ever, what???
    It’s one of the few zones that wasn’t plain and linear in entire history of wow. Guess it’s too complex for some, hence “basic shit ever”.

Tetris, just stick to playing Tetris…

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Don't listen to the people here. They simply just don't care about exploration and have been whining about the lack of flying since forever and will use mean words to demean you by. They're worthless.
    More like normal flying is perfectly fine.

BlizZard is infamous for looking to re-invent the wheel.

Players asked for housing and BlizZard gave us garrisons.

Players asked for a progression system beyond talents/levels and they gave us borrowed power and rental systems.

Players asked for flying and they gave us Guild Wars gliding system.

Etc, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    More like normal flying is perfectly fine.

BlizZard is infamous for looking to re-invent the wheel.

Players asked for housing and BlizZard gave us garrisons.

Players asked for a progression system beyond talents/levels and they gave us borrowed power and rental systems.

Players asked for flying and they gave us Guild Wars gliding system.

Etc, etc, etc.
    Let me translate some of the things you said.

"I think normal flying is fine"

"i asked for housing"

"i asked for a progression system"

"i asked for flying"

Its perfectly fine to have your own opinion. You dont have to act like everyone thinks like you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohn'aran plains is Nagrand how it should be. The zones in Dragonflight are immense and a great way to explore them is with dragonriding.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Ohn'aran plains is Nagrand how it should be. The zones in Dragonflight are immense and a great way to explore them is with dragonriding.
    With flying. Stop falling for that marketing bait. They released a feature about zone design that should have been released 15 years ago - and try to hide it under a new name.

I'm flying through entire zones in a matter of seconds, basically just jumping around from quest marker to quest marker and ignoring the world itself.
    I know others have said the same, but this is very much a you-problem.

It's been a full day and I'm only 61. Nothing you can say or do will make me feel pressure to level faster. I'm leveling so slow I haven't even seen any of the dragon riding stuff yet. And once it's available, if I preferred to explore on the ground, I would just do that. You have no power over me to make me play the game in a manner I don't like.

So who is forcing you to fly before you finish your questing? I think that's the issue you should probably address. Once you fix that, you can play it whatever manner you enjoy most, and may find you have more enjoyment playing the game.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

I really like the system itself, but I feel like it was a major mistake putting it at the start of the expansion. I'm flying through entire zones in a matter of seconds, basically just jumping around from quest marker to quest marker and ignoring the world itself. The feeling of exploring a new continent has completely vanished for me, as I'm not slowly uncovering the map and finding interesting places anymore. I'm dashing from one place to the next at breakneck speed, not caring what is in between them at all.

The system also makes the new areas feel small as hell. I've already seen the entire expansion in like 20 minutes by collecting the glyphs. And now I can just go from one end to the other in 2 minutes. There's zero sense of scale. It almost feels like playing a few small new patch zones.

The gameplay itself feels amazing, but I would've prefered just having ground mounts and then getting dragonriding for each zone at the end. They barely feel like actual zones to me, as it's like I'm teleporting around and skipping everything instead of actually exploring.
    Pick a ground mount(or dont fly with the dragon) and run around the zones.

There. Fixed.

If you CHOOSE not to explore (which you still can) then clearly you don't value it as much as you think you do.

If the only reason you did it in the past was because you were forced to, and you're NOT doing it now that you're not forced to, why on earth would you think that it was something you enjoyed doing?

Man, I took a minute this morning to fly as high as I could and then looked around. The continent is enormous. I was actually a bit intimidated by just how large the zone was. I don't think they could have accomplished such a huge feeling continent without giving us a way to get around quickly. I think, if you feel like you're skipping too much, maybe don't use your dragon riding talents until you've hit max level? I think you NEED dragonriding to get around each zone, at least somewhat, but you don't have to max it out which means you'll be grounded more often.

Personally, I'm thrilled they opened it up like they did. I have logged in several times and literally done nothing but fly, because it's so fun.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    And flying at patch x.0 is, or flying at patch x.2 is.

There will always be people who dislike a system.

But i do agree with the speed of it. I think they should have gated it a bit more. Its freaking to fast. It takes away some of the exploring. But its a choice not to use it.
    I would say next time they use this. Make it so you need to get a achievement or finnish the main story quest of the zone before getting to fly there. or something like that.
    Why are you and op so dead set on gatekeeping everyone else because YOU can't limit yourself to have the fun that you want to have? You're the kind of people that go to the buffet and gorge yourself and then blame the restaurant when you get sick..... If you want to take your time, do it, eat slower. But don't gatekeep me for wanting to get my fill and move on at my own speed that just happens to be faster than what you would prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Personally, I'm thrilled they opened it up like they did. I have logged in several times and literally done nothing but fly, because it's so fun.
    Been saying this for weeks. Nice to get confirmation the masses love it just as expected

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly this is really a "you" problem, go back to Shadowlands, while everyone is dragonriding and exploring

Yeah I gotta say, taking my time and not rushing the tokens has made flying and exploration feel rewarding. If you use addons to max out your tokens and unlock the entire flight tree then yeah, you've gone ahead and skipped the exploration. I found it quite enjoyable to be flying along and get a ding that a nearby token was spotted, then taking a few moments to recharge vigor and figure out how to best snag the token.

Haven't really had this kind of fun since WoD treasures and I'm all for it.