Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    looks ok I guess but not something I will watch at the cinema.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Chris Pratt will voice Mario, I was not expecting an italian accent. But I also was not expecting a New York accent either. I'll take that over him just speaking like he normally does. After all, Mario an Italian plumber from Brooklyn.

There have been comments in the past that Mario having a super stereotypical italian accent is somewhat cringy. So i'm quite ok with him having a NY accent instead.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

For what little we got, It looked and sounded just fine for a cartoon of super mario brothers. Voices, scenery, the looks of it. Pretty solid.

It might not be a go to the theater to see but worth a watch at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Lol look at the trump wanna be
    While I'm flattered that you'd think so, I'm by no means the origin of that moniker. Crisp Rat is at least as old as the announcement of his role in Guardians of the Galaxy, if not older, and was never ill intentioned.

But feel free to assign whatever value to it you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, it would be great if they hired actual professional voice actors and not just whatever star is hot right now. I don't think anyone was expecting the same voice for the games for an hour and a half, but I am sure there are 30+ great voice actors out there who could give you a convincing Italian by way of Brooklyn accent no sweat. But no, we get Pratt being Pratt.

That's a pass from me dog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I'll decide when there is more material to judge the voice acting by, but yeah, I've checked the trailer in my language and it does seem more fitting. Also, since it's Mario/Nintendo, most if not all humor will probably be visual, with no word plays that usually get lost in translation, so the overall entertainment value will be the same if not higher.
    I did see some differences between English and Latin American Spanish, but nothing major
    Stuff like Bowser yelling "Who's gonna stop me" in English while in Spanish he goes "Now i'm unstoppable"

As long as there's nothing really lost in translation, I'm guessing a dub will fare better
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Looks like an alright kids movie. The classic will always hold a place in my heart though.

There's a reason why Mario in the games doesn't speak very much and usually the most we get is an exuberant "yahoo!" when doing a triple jump. His voice is fun in small doses or to convey excitement, but that shit would get real old real fast with actual spoken dialogue. Picture 90 minutes of YIPPEE MARIO NUMBER ONE LET'SA GO YAHA MAMA MIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm worn out just thinking about it. So I get why they took a difference approach with his voice. I don't know if Chris Pratt is the proper fit but I'm not going to judge based on 2 quick sentences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Knowing Chris Pratt will voice Mario, I was not expecting an italian accent. But I also was not expecting a New York accent either. I'll take that over him just speaking like he normally does. After all, Mario an Italian plumber from Brooklyn.

There have been comments in the past that Mario having a super stereotypical italian accent is somewhat cringy. So i'm quite ok with him having a NY accent instead.
    I dislike this idea of rolling with the original movie honestly.

Mario is from the Mushroom Kingdom according to the games. Yoshi's Island cements that fact. That's just me being nitpicky though.

Either way, I can't imagine Chris Pratt's voice will make or break the movie too much.

5+ Year Old Account
    While not interested in this type of movie, I hafta say it looks pretty good, I thinks

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Official Trailer

Illumination
    18 hours ago

I'm actually surprised and glad they're including so much about Mario in it, like the platforming jokes and the Mario Kart aspect. I'm more excited actually now, it seems to be shaping up well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm actually surprised and glad they're including so much about Mario in it, like the platforming jokes and the Mario Kart aspect. I'm more excited actually now, it seems to be shaping up well.
    I concur with this... I'm surprised how much they've used- Maybe this will pave the way for how video game movies will be made... but we'll have to see when it's released. Trailers are tricky like that.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I really only played Mario Kart and Smash Bros on N64, but this movie looks pretty fun in the silliest way. Wasn't expecting to see Rainbow Road.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    While not interested in this type of movie, I hafta say it looks pretty good, I thinks

Illumination
    18 hours ago

That looks... remarkably good.
    I mean Cris pRatt's vouce is still weird as fuck and will take getting used to at least, but... that looked like it was almost a Super Smash brothers reference with DK beating him up.

Also Jack Black as bowser is awesome and that bit with Luigi is hilarious.

Let's hope they don't fuck up the whole thing anyway because this has the potential to please all sides i would think.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    it looks like it might be a fun movie.

Pratt as Mario is still kinda questionable, but the rest of the cast is good. Black as Bowser WILL steal the show as he already has in the trailers.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Illumination
    18 hours ago

So there are Yoshis in the movie. Thank god.

If this movie ends up living up to my expectations, it might surpass Zootopia as my all-time favorite movie.

Also, Peach's voice bothers me for some reason. She sounds too... mature I guess? I'm probably just used to her having a more 'kid-y' voice in games I guess.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Honestly, Pratt's voice in this trailer is a bit better than the first, but still not right for me. There is a "theory" that the story is going to be a isekai. I feel this is just to explain why Pratt is voicing Mario.

Jack Black as Bowser is awesome. I don't think I have seen anything with Jack Black where I have gone "Someone else could have done better."
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, Pratt's voice in this trailer is a bit better than the first, but still not right for me. There is a "theory" that the story is going to be a isekai. I feel this is just to explain why Pratt is voicing Mario.

Jack Black as Bowser is awesome. I don't think I have seen anything with Jack Black where I have gone "Someone else could have done better."
    An Isekai? I'm pretty confident in guessing that it's gonna just be a warp pipe that they find somehow.

I guess that still technically falls under isekai though, but it feels like just throwing it under the label for the sake of fitting it under it.

This trailer was alot better and i loved alot of Aspects of it, its nice seeng Peach be a bad ass instead of "Save me mario" I know its a clichie these days to make Women "Need no man" but i loved seeing peach just be a Battle princess instead of "Rescue me" and i gotta say Lugi was the stand out for me the Voice acting, was amazing and fit him so well and actually makes me WISH we had a lugi Mansion movie because he just sounded perfect....

And then Pratt spoke. It still sounds wrong, it still sounds foamed in. As if there is a Nintendo guy off camera waving a Check which chris is ll to eager to rush his lines out for to get. I mean that iconic "Waaahooo" at the end... Sounded sooooooo bad. Chris even said he got training from Charles Martinet i think? If that was the case, I didnt see it here.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    An Isekai? I'm pretty confident in guessing that it's gonna just be a warp pipe that they find somehow.

I guess that still technically falls under isekai though, but it feels like just throwing it under the label for the sake of fitting it under it.
    Yeah, I see people arguing it. And nearly all of them are very anti-Christ Pratt as Mario group. I think they believe it to explain the oddities with Pratt's performance in the trailers.

Essentially, they are believing that Chris Pratt isn't voicing Mario, but rather someone who found himself stuck as Mario. It isn't a large group, but I have seen it in more than one place from more than one person.

I am just holding to that Chris Pratt isn't a good voice actor. He has done more voice acting than I realized, but when looking at it, I realize he basically has one voice.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code