10+ Year Old Account
    Spacehog! Nice.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

7+ Year Old Account
    I dig space otter.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't trust marvel traillers anymore, but we didn't get to see much here. Didn't like the first scene joke, but the last one got me giggles.

Adam warlock look...weird? Looks like its painted and not CGI, and i was expecting a long hair

I had a random shower thought about the Soul Gem the other day, and how it should have been unobtainable for Thanos. I'm sure it's been talked about before, but it should have been a trap for someone like Thanos. Because it requires you to murder the thing you love, and if that person is an innocent victim, and you're willing to do that, you don't love them. I'm fine with the BW/Hawkeye "consent to sacrifice oneself for the other" schtick, but it shouldn't have worked for Thanos, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    As these shows go, to me Daredevil and Agent Carter were the best I've seen. And I'm certain that the big unsaid reasons for canceling Carter was the sheer amount of material they had to play with that would have bumped too hard into their desired flagship show at the time, Agents of SHIELD, as well as deal with certain negative aspects that was the societal reality for that time frame.
    Carter was cancelled because of a drop in ratings.

5+ Year Old Account
    This looks so much worse than what I imagined...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I had a random shower thought about the Soul Gem the other day, and how it should have been unobtainable for Thanos. I'm sure it's been talked about before, but it should have been a trap for someone like Thanos. Because it requires you to murder the thing you love, and if that person is an innocent victim, and you're willing to do that, you don't love them. I'm fine with the BW/Hawkeye "consent to sacrifice oneself for the other" schtick, but it shouldn't have worked for Thanos, imo.
    I think he wanted the power out of obligation to 'save the universe' cuz he felt guilty his homeworld died'd n stuff. That's why he destroyed the stones later rather than kept them.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That's not how I interpreted that price. To me it was a kind of safeguard to make sure that anyone who's actually getting the Gem is someone with a need so great they're willing to sacrifice what they love for it. You can love something and still sacrifice it without being evil or not really loving it in the first place - in fact, the pain of loving something and sacrificing it anyway takes a lot more conviction than loving something so much you couldn't sacrifice it.

All I ask is that they actually do something interesting with Gamora for once outside being the love interest. Shes Thano's daughter and favourite and we've never been shown why.

Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Carter was cancelled because of a drop in ratings.
    And I'm certain that the big unsaid reasons...

The show was provocative for all the reasons that Disney wouldn't have liked. Examining US society during that time frame...? Damn shame...There was a wealth of comicbook material to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    All I ask is that they actually do something interesting with Gamora for once outside being the love interest. Shes Thano's daughter and favourite and we've never been shown why.
    Didn't she, like, do ALL the work in GotG1? She had a fairly central role, I thought. Not so much in #2 but let's just file that one with Thor: The Dark World and never speak of it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Didn't she, like, do ALL the work in GotG1? She had a fairly central role, I thought. Not so much in #2 but let's just file that one with Thor: The Dark World and never speak of it again.
    What work in particular? Apart from some awesome one liners, its the guardians gang that bust her out of prison when she was target number one. She has a big moment at the end with the link to peter's mother with the "take my hand" line, but again, love interest.

Im talking about a total badass that is capable of making a planet bend the knee which is what would make a thanos type proud

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    went to cinema with my fiancee to watch Ebombe Forever: the attack of underwater blue mexicans the other day.
    I cannot begin to describe how bad the movie was.
    Listening to Rihanna was extremely excrutiating.
    Just show that racism to the world why don't you lol......
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

Adam warlock look...weird? Looks like its painted and not CGI, and i was expecting a long hair
    He looks less gold than the Sovereign who made him, and that doesn't work right, dude should stand out.

I can see a few of them dying here and the Guardians franchise ending, leading to Infinity Watch as the next part of the MCU.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, after playing Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, I just prefer that game version of protagonists more. Especially Drax, he is not show as an idiot there, and has some touching moments.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Isn't Gunn going off to head the DCEU? So this will be his final MCU movie, meaning Marvel can either drop things with a trilogy, or give Guardians to someone else (which I doubt).
    I doubt another director will pick up GoG, I can see Feige offering an Infinity Watch series to someone wanting to run a franchise.

Problem is that would also mean retaining Drax, but Bautista has made it clear this is his last movie. But as all things MCU has shown is, interpretation is flexible.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Isn't Gunn going off to head the DCEU? So this will be his final MCU movie, meaning Marvel can either drop things with a trilogy, or give Guardians to someone else (which I doubt).

I think I'd personally like to see an end to Guardians-focused movies, and just have them show up in other things.
    Well, Guardians were in last two Avengers movies, that were directed by the Russo's, not Gunn. I think the Russo's did a better job than last Gotg movie "tazerface!"..

Not sure what the Russo's do next, they stopped doing mcu?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Well, Guardians were in last two Avengers movies, that were directed by the Russo's, not Gunn. I think the Russo's did a better job than last Gotg movie "tazerface!"..
    Gunn is actually credited as an executive producer of Infinity War and it's public that he both directed and wrote parts of the Guardians storyarc in the movie.

Im talking about a total badass that is capable of making a planet bend the knee which is what would make a thanos type proud
    Oh ,do you mean the daughter of Thanos? ...the last of the Zen-Whoberi?....the wielder of the Godslayer?....the avatar of Death? ...the "deadliest woman in the Galaxy"?

That is not MCU's Gamora and it's too late too become that. It would be tonally deaf so let's just accept 2014's Gamora without 2019's Gamora redemption arc would be a bit more edgy and that's it.

Now , about the trailer you can see and feel this is the end chapter. Pratt,Bautista,Gunn...had already suggested or explicitly said this is end and you can feel it in the gravitas that is not present in the first volumens.Of course Marvel can recycle ( being doing that half a century) but the Guardians as such end here.

Big expectations on my side here, not a big fan of Vol.2 ( the location = villain simply did not work) but the vol.1 is simply the best movie of the whole MCU: top 1 on my list so let's see if Gunn can say goodbye with fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimiOne View Post

Oh ,do you mean the daughter of Thanos? ...the last of the Zen-Whoberi?....the wielder of the Godslayer?....the avatar of Death? ...the "deadliest woman in the Galaxy"?

That is not MCU's Gamora and it's too late too become that. It would be tonally deaf so let's just accept 2014's Gamora without 2019's Gamora redemption arc would be a bit more edgy and that's it.
    Im not talking about making the character more comic book accurate im talking about good story telling

Marvel love linking back to their Avengers run and everyone always asks "Where was the internals during thanos" etc,

It would be fitting to actually show us why anyone would care about Gamora to the point her death for the soul stone is supposed to mean something. Especially someone described as a "mad titan". Are we supposed to believe he loves her because shes got some spunk and a sassy attitude?

And they have a talented actress with Zoe Saldana and she feels wasted

Im not talking about making the character more comic book accurate im talking about good story telling

Marvel love linking back to their Avengers run and everyone always asks "Where was the internals during thanos" etc,

It would be fitting to actually show us why anyone would care about Gamora to the point her death for the soul stone is supposed to mean something. Especially someone described as a "mad titan". Are we supposed to believe he loves her because shes got some spunk and a sassy attitude?

And they have a talented actress with Zoe Saldana and she feels wasted
    I mean, you're not wrong, but perhaps that's asking a bit too much from a franchise like this. ESPECIALLY if it's about a movie-only character, and not one with a series, where there's more time to flesh out and explore.

There isn't a whole lot of character development in the MCU, even with the big single-name marquee characters. Iron Man and Spider-Man are arguably the ones that developed the most, but that was over a ton of movies in which they were the sole main character. Even someone like Captain America is basically still a flat cliché with very little actual personality; heck, Bucky is a lot more interesting, thanks in part to the series he was in.

Now, don't get me wrong: I'm with you, it'd be great if they showed some actual depth and made it clear why we're supposed to care. But it's hard to do if you're just one character in an ensemble cast that basically only had 2.5 movies. Movies that, at the end of the day, are a lot more about one-liners and big boom-booms than they are about plot and character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post

Problem is that would also mean retaining Drax, but Bautista has made it clear this is his last movie. But as all things MCU has shown is, interpretation is flexible.
    I don't really see tthe need for an infinity watch team for the MCU anyway. If they want another cosmic team... I think the Annihilators would be a better pick

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.