Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It is growing on me as well. As devastation blue spec especially as the red part felt "boring" imo. Hating especially Pyre animation and Living Flame mecanics / synergies. Overall, I wish there was more synergy, better esthetic for the dragon froms (more beefy), better run animation and the most important for me: less squishiness for pvp.

Egad a thread that isn't about how terrible evoker is?!

tbh I like it. I thought I would main my pally this expansion but I've done nothing but evoker the whole time

Final talents really give a new flavor, especially the reduced cd and aoe stun for deep breath is bonkers in dung
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sableye View Post
    Egad a thread that isn't about how terrible evoker is?!

tbh I like it. I thought I would main my pally this expansion but I've done nothing but evoker the whole time
    Evoker IS terrible at solo leveling and solo PVP.

Naturally, it excels whenever the enemy is busy with something other than kicking the Evoker's teeth in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post

Naturally, it excels whenever the enemy is busy with something other than kicking the Evoker's teeth in.
    Like all casters but demo lock, make sure you make good use of cc, tail swipe, wing buffet etc
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Preservation: 10/10, maybe the best healing spec.

Devastation: 3/10, one of the worst DPS specs in the game.

The more I play Devastation, the less I like it, especially at max level. It's utterly boring and frustrating when you're not getting your procs. Preservation on the other hand is getting better and better each and every day for me. It's incredibly complex and layered, yet a ton of fun.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The more I play Devastation, the less I like it, especially at max level. It's utterly boring and frustrating when you're not getting your procs. Preservation on the other hand is getting better and better each and every day for me. It's incredibly complex and layered, yet a ton of fun.
    Man I have to dig for all of those posts in the old thread where you complained Preservation doesn't have anything special going for it

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    It's also growing on me.

Aiming the weird reticle thing(s) to do the AoE thing(s) was awkward at first.

I'm getting better at not forgetting to press and hold the key(s) to charge the other thing(s) for max effect.
    if you use the option to click to cast and click to release double clicking it will cause it to automatically release at rank 1

- - - Updated - - -

why do you think an army of them lost to a score of protodrakes?

I leveled as preservation and had zero issues. Mobs died a little slower but all the healing I could do made me survive many bad pulls out in the world. I found the class to have a great deal of survivability.

It amazes me that people ever thought preservation was going to suck. One look at a talent tree should've told any healer worth their salt that preservation is going to be amazing in pve and pvp alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    It amazes me that people ever thought preservation was going to suck. One look at a talent tree should've told any healer worth their salt that preservation is going to be amazing in pve and pvp alike.
    The 30y range in PvE is very noticeable though, there are plenty of dungeon bosses who will make this a major issue in mythic+. Besides that, everything is fine, but the range is problematic.

It's fun, basic and blasts! Nice with charging stuff and see those big hits. Love the healing aswell, coming from a main healer

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    The 30y range in PvE is very noticeable though, there are plenty of dungeon bosses who will make this a major issue in mythic+. Besides that, everything is fine, but the range is problematic.
    Have to bring this up again, the 30y range is very noticeable in Mythic+ and several of the raid fights. Some of these encounters clearly were not designed with Evoker's range in mind, as stated by Blizzard.