Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Its almost alarming how all of you horde pisters keep missing the small, but crucial aspect of “that happens after said leader went over another faction like a spike-covered road roller with a flamethrower” which adds much needed satisfaction to upset the eventual loss of said leader.
    It doesn't surprise me, but no, it was not true. Tell me again how Vol'jin went over another faction "like a spike-covered road roller with a flamethrower”" please

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Green Dragonflight is one of the least aloof of the Dragonflights, long having had a good rapport with the Kaldorei, most especially the Druids with whom they share both a responsibility and an overall theme. That being said, if you're referring to Teldrassil, that's not really a slight on the Greens - the tree was burnt in short order, and the entirety of the Ashenvale/Darkshore theater was conducting lightning fast, well before any of the Green flight would've been able to show even if they had prior knowledge, which they didn't.

And that beyond the fact that having lost their Aspect, and being vastly depowered by the averting of the Hour of Twilight, the Greens were in no real place to help anyone.
    It's still the same and it's what all the kaldorei Fans say over and over again when they talk about the Alliance not feeling like something that benefits the Kaldorei.
    And the Alliance are far better allies to the Kaldorei than the Green Dragons.

Besides there is an extra in BFA we are chatting with the Dragons while the Kaldoreie are fighting for their lands and for the souls of their brothers.

If they are supposed to be allies. But not at the moment of truth.
    The Kaldorei need help against three enemies. The Horde, the Legion and Azhara. The Dragons help only against the Legion because good is the end of all. All Azeroth everyone helps. Azhara was kicked off the board and against the Horde they were left alone for the duration of WoW.

Besides, Blizzard cut off all the options to show us moments to help the Kaldorei, mainly because of his bad writing. I did not see anyone who sees this planting the seed in that place as a good idea. In fact, there are plenty of good logical reasons why it's a pretty bad idea. Adding that they said that 3 years passed. Enough time to grow the seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's precisely why they have to snooze him all the time. If they stuck to established power levels, he could deal with most threats far too easily - which means the story inevitably becomes about why he can't/won't do that, which is super annoying writing. It also introduces faction imbalance when one side has an effective demigod on their side, leading to the same problem: why isn't any conflict just resolved by Malfurion going in and mopping the floor with everyone? Easier to just put him on the shelf, and have the remaining people be at reasonably comparable power levels so there is actual parity in the struggle.
    Add to that that now the Kaldorei are going to have Malfurion with a Power-Up and apart from a huge debt from the green Dragons.
    But even so at the moment of truth they will not do anything. This is the foundation that they're going to make another horrible scripture in an expansion or two.

PS: And remember that while all this is happening the Horde continues to cut down the Kaldorei forests. Neither Malfurion, nor the green Dragons, nor the alliance nor any of these Allies and or special Powers that they are supposed to have is going to lift a finger.
    Last edited by geco; 2022-12-06 at 02:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I'm only saying this because it seems like the problem and the reason why Malfurion isn't used is because he is too powerful. So if Superman can be used long term, then so can Malfurion. It's up to the writers.

I agree with you though. He should be used as "the Khadgar" of an expansion imo. I don't think Cata was that either.
    The thing is...nothing says he can't be used again, but right now the story is about the dragons...Malfurion is a bigger fish the way things have been set up, so it makes more sense it's him and not Tyrande. I don't see why Ysera could not one day return after the threat is dealt with so Malfurion could return to the mortal realm.

Could Malfurion have crossed the portal and waved his hand, freeing all from the freeze? Ysera is needed now, doesn't mean she will always be needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    When is he not chilling or sleeping? He might as well be dead. The guy is always sleeping somewhere or doing nothing. World's strongest Druid. More like world's laziest mortal.
    Hey he wasn't doing nothing. He became target practice for Saurfang then afk'd

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    It's still the same and it's what all the kaldorei Fans say over and over again when they talk about the Alliance not feeling like something that benefits the Kaldorei.
    And the Alliance are far better allies to the Kaldorei than the Green Dragons.

Besides there is an extra in BFA we are chatting with the Dragons while the Kaldoreie are fighting for their lands and for the souls of their brothers.

If they are supposed to be allies. But not at the moment of truth.
    The Kaldorei need help against three enemies. The Horde, the Legion and Azhara. The Dragons help only against the Legion because good is the end of all. All Azeroth everyone helps. Azhara was kicked off the board and against the Horde they were left alone for the duration of WoW.

Besides, Blizzard cut off all the options to show us moments to help the Kaldorei, mainly because of his bad writing. I did not see anyone who sees this planting the seed in that place as a good idea. In fact, there are plenty of good logical reasons why it's a pretty bad idea. Adding that they said that 3 years passed. Enough time to grow the seed.
    Beyond the fact that the Kaldorei have always held themselves somewhat aloof from the Alliance as a whole, I think if you remove emotional investment from the equation the rationale of the Alliance and its reaction to Teldrassil is neither beyond the pale nor evidence that the Alliance somehow failed to value the Kaldorei people. Anduin basically says it straight away, the Alliance is fighting a way on many fronts, and while Teldrassil was an unmitigated and horrific disaster is still only one theater of what is essentially a world war. The Alliance can't just shift away a majority of its forces to immediately prosecute a war against the Undercity and Sylvanas without taking ruinous losses on other fronts, and the ultimate outcome of the Fourth War as a majority Alliance victory bears out Anduin's strategy. It's understandable Tyrande was distraught and angry there was no immediate reprisal, especially in light of what had happened to her people - but a single client state of the Alliance can't supersede every other one in a time of all-out war.

The dragons themselves are dealing with larger matters in BfA given the sorry state of the world as a whole in light of Sargeras' terrible retributive attack on it at the close of Legion, and at the start of BfA the life-blood of the very world is quite literally soaking the earth as the planet they were appointed stewardship over dies beneath their feet. Needless to say, there are bigger irons in the fire than even Teldrassil - it would be myopic in the extreme for them to just abandon their duties over what amounts to a single theater of battle. It's brutal and cold calculus with no room for emotionality, but it's correct as well. It's the same kind of cold and pragmatic calculus Anduin had to make despite his obvious sympathy for the plight of the Kaldorei (the reason why he allows Genn to unilaterally aid them and doesn't command him to stand down).

I'm the first to admit that the razing of Teldrassil is itself bad writing, for multiple reasons. But I don't think the Alliance's ultimate response to that tragedy is bad writing at all, really. They did what they had to do in terms of prioritizing the conflicts already in progress, and not reacting emotionally or half-cocked, in a manner that often gets more people killed than saved.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Malfurion had to die because he's a straight male, and that's a no-no with "modern audiences".
    where did malfurion die exactly?

I'm the first to admit that the razing of Teldrassil is itself bad writing, for multiple reasons. But I don't think the Alliance's ultimate response to that tragedy is bad writing at all, really. They did what they had to do in terms of prioritizing the conflicts already in progress, and not reacting emotionally or half-cocked, in a manner that often gets more people killed than saved.
    Funnily enough, I always found the Burning of Teldrassil to be one of the best things WoW ever did. Not because I want to go rub it in the Alliance's face or anything, but because it's a genuinely shocking event instead of the usual milk-toast nondescript formulaic bullshit that makes up the bulk of WoW writing. It's very rare for them to have something of impact and consequence, that isn't just doing it for show (like, say, Theramore, which was a B-tier town in the middle of nowhere with little to no actual importance beyond what they pretended narratively at the time). The Cataclysm was more like it, but it was too general - destroying parts of Stormwind hardly felt the same when half the world was also destroyed. It dampened the impact of that significantly, whereas the Burning really resonated.

We need more of that kind of writing - not borderline genocidal tragedies per se, but things that actually have IMPACT, things that MATTER. Not throwaway soundbite moments that are swept away and forgotten a patch later.

In that sense, getting rid of Malfurion is a good thing, because he stands in the way of exploring such events. He was the worst part about the Burning story, because his response was so ridiculously anemic. Given his established power level, he should have rained organic hell, and instead we got some stroll through the woods and a big fat non-resolution. THAT is terrible writing, and it's in part because they knew they couldn't just have a demigod go apeshit without making that a major thing onto itself, which would have distracted from their larger narrative. But that's doing the character a major disservice, and flies in the face of all they've done with him in the past. So to avoid that, and (presumably) make room for meaningful events that aren't dragged down by the Malfurion baggage, he has to be put on ice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Funnily enough, I always found the Burning of Teldrassil to be one of the best things WoW ever did. Not because I want to go rub it in the Alliance's face or anything, but because it's a genuinely shocking event instead of the usual milk-toast nondescript formulaic bullshit that makes up the bulk of WoW writing. It's very rare for them to have something of impact and consequence, that isn't just doing it for show (like, say, Theramore, which was a B-tier town in the middle of nowhere with little to no actual importance beyond what they pretended narratively at the time). The Cataclysm was more like it, but it was too general - destroying parts of Stormwind hardly felt the same when half the world was also destroyed. It dampened the impact of that significantly, whereas the Burning really resonated.

We need more of that kind of writing - not borderline genocidal tragedies per se, but things that actually have IMPACT, things that MATTER. Not throwaway soundbite moments that are swept away and forgotten a patch later.

In that sense, getting rid of Malfurion is a good thing, because he stands in the way of exploring such events. He was the worst part about the Burning story, because his response was so ridiculously anemic. Given his established power level, he should have rained organic hell, and instead we got some stroll through the woods and a big fat non-resolution. THAT is terrible writing, and it's in part because they knew they couldn't just have a demigod go apeshit without making that a major thing onto itself, which would have distracted from their larger narrative. But that's doing the character a major disservice, and flies in the face of all they've done with him in the past. So to avoid that, and (presumably) make room for meaningful events that aren't dragged down by the Malfurion baggage, he has to be put on ice.
    My main issue with Teldrassil isn't that it happened, and I agree that it was a shocking event that galvanized the player base in a variety of ways (something WoW hasn't done in some time, really). My main issues are both the way that it happened, and the Horde's response to it. I think it would've been better if the Horde had more plausible deniability for Teldrassil than they have in the current story - if the fire had been more of a tragic accident, like an Azerite-laden ship from Silithus getting nailed by crossfire and ramming against the trunk of the tree, with a huge Azerite-empowered explosion ultimately setting fire to it. That way, the Alliance would and could still blame the Horde for what happened, and there would be a strong argument that it was indeed their fault for bringing the war to Darkshore, to begin with. And the Horde would be able to blame the Alliance for bringing a superweapon into the mix and having it blow up in their own faces. This way, you get buy-in from both factions, and the same sequence of events basically plays out. Instead of outright villain-batting the Horde, you create an event that truly is morally gray, or at least ambiguous enough to argue it. For bonus points, you could even make Sylvanas ultimately responsible in the final reveal, with the Alliance ship having been captured by her Dark Rangers and purposefully running it ashore at Teldrassil, with the intent to make it look like an accident that would feed the flames of her war (and feed the Jailer more souls down in the Maw).

But in the story we got, Sylvanas burns Teldrassil more or less on a whim, part of an asinine goal of "killing hope" and the Horde stays quietly complicit with the act despite a few internal agitators trying to foment a soft rebellion. The Horde that came out of MoP, in my view, wouldn't just sit there for a version 2.0 of Garrosh, which is exactly what Sylvanas became in BfA and then on into Shadowlands, but that's exactly what they do in BfA, and it plays about as well as it sounds in the final accounting. There are so many viable ways you can have big moments in a story while retaining that sense of deniability within the fog of war, and BfA is just a failure to realize any of them, really.

As for Malfurion, I think his role in BfA suffered for having his epic showdown with Sylvanas relegated to the books accompanying BfA as opposed to being showcased in-game. I think that the Jailer-empowered Sylvanas and Malfurion are a pretty even match, and the fact that they sort of represent opposing powers in the metacosm (Life vs. Death quite literally) would have made for an epic set-piece that really sold the conflict above and beyond even Teldrassil. Sadly, that didn't happen, and the in-game version of their tussle goes off like a series of moistened caps. I don't hate Malfurion, really; I actually like him as a character and think he's tragically underused and underemployed in WoW (as well as inconsistently powerful, another argument entirely). But I also don't think him slumming it in Ardenweald in exchange for Ysera taking a vacation in the land of the living really changes all that much for him. His characterization is marked by long stints of inactivity, so this is no real change to the status quo insofar as Malfurion goes. I do agree with some posters above in that I think it'd actually be more impactful if Tyrande went instead of Malfurion, though; perhaps paying her due for becoming the Night Warrior.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    It's another slap in the face to night elf fans and warcraft 3 fans, of course it's real
    How does anyone expect to sympathize with comments like this? "Being a Night Elf fan is suffering" Night Elf characters have been prominently featured in the last FOUR (4) expansions in a row. No race in Warcraft has been given that privilege, not even HUMANS

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    It doesn't surprise me, but no, it was not true. Tell me again how Vol'jin went over another faction "like a spike-covered road roller with a flamethrower”" please
    Vol’jin came to power after Garrosh and before Sylvanas, and in his reign Horde still attacked Alliance on Ashran.

Still missing those two big but important pieces sandwiching Vol’jin’s short tenure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    How does anyone expect to sympathize with comments like this? "Being a Night Elf fan is suffering" Night Elf characters have been prominently featured in the last FOUR (4) expansions in a row. No race in Warcraft has been given that privilege, not even HUMANS
    Being features as a loser is hardly a good thing.

- - - Updated - - -

How does burning “matters” when there was no “impact”.

It all got washed down the drain of “forgiveness and renewal” and now it seems like it almost never happened… but it DID but it also… didnt.

- - - Updated - - -

Beyond the fact that the Kaldorei have always held themselves somewhat aloof from the Alliance as a whole, I think if you remove emotional investment from the equation the rationale of the Alliance and its reaction to Teldrassil is neither beyond the pale nor evidence that the Alliance somehow failed to value the Kaldorei people. Anduin basically says it straight away, the Alliance is fighting a way on many fronts, and while Teldrassil was an unmitigated and horrific disaster is still only one theater of what is essentially a world war. The Alliance can't just shift away a majority of its forces to immediately prosecute a war against the Undercity and Sylvanas without taking ruinous losses on other fronts, and the ultimate outcome of the Fourth War as a majority Alliance victory bears out Anduin's strategy. It's understandable Tyrande was distraught and angry there was no immediate reprisal, especially in light of what had happened to her people - but a single client state of the Alliance can't supersede every other one in a time of all-out war.

The dragons themselves are dealing with larger matters in BfA given the sorry state of the world as a whole in light of Sargeras' terrible retributive attack on it at the close of Legion, and at the start of BfA the life-blood of the very world is quite literally soaking the earth as the planet they were appointed stewardship over dies beneath their feet. Needless to say, there are bigger irons in the fire than even Teldrassil - it would be myopic in the extreme for them to just abandon their duties over what amounts to a single theater of battle. It's brutal and cold calculus with no room for emotionality, but it's correct as well. It's the same kind of cold and pragmatic calculus Anduin had to make despite his obvious sympathy for the plight of the Kaldorei (the reason why he allows Genn to unilaterally aid them and doesn't command him to stand down).

And after being basically abandoned by the Alliance (despite providing troops for the “Suicide Army”) by “cold calculus” night elves should have either seceded or demanded massive aid from Alliance after the war and raise a question of Anduin putting humans before other races of the Alliance and see that maggot squirm as he tried to explain himself.

Also night elves seceding means Alliance basically losing Kalimdor, which is a huge loss no matter how you cut it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    In your opinion maybe. They're getting their zone back. They're getting their capital back. They still have effective control of Darkshore. Get over it.

What zone they getting back? Also controlling Darkshore which is a poisoned exclusion zone now where nobody can live is “such a great achievement”.

Not to mention Ashenvale is still a warzone for some fucken reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Vol’jin came to power after Garrosh and before Sylvanas, and in his reign Horde still attacked Alliance on Ashran.
    So, like i said, wht you said wasn't true
    Still missing those two big but important pieces sandwiching Vol’jin’s short tenure.
    Basically nittpicking, you ignore the countless of characters and leaders the horde lost because muh sylvanas and Garry

Like i said, enjoy the horde focus, this is the kind thing alliance was asking for, still luck that we wasn't bastardized like most horde leaders, and he was there since wc3. Horde don't have leaders from that time anymore.

Even then y'all got luck you still got Tyrande and he will prob come back anyway.

So, like i said, wht you said wasn't true

Basically nittpicking, you ignore the countless of characters and leaders the horde lost because muh sylvanas and Garry

Like i said, enjoy the horde focus, this is the kind thing alliance was asking for, still luck that we wasn't bastardized like most horde leaders, and he was there since wc3. Horde don't have leaders from that time anymore.

Even then y'all got luck you still got Tyrande and he will prob come back anyway.
    And you still missing the part where Horde gets to be proactive and mess Alliance up.

Vol’jin gets covered by Bolvar (lost to neutrality, essentially dead as a character now AND bastardized) or Varian (cut down in his prime, replaced by Cuckduin).

Meanwhile we are due to Cata or BfA type expansion for Alliance in order to get the “horde story”.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    So what additional mechanic of how Shadowlands function would explain that Ysera sacrificing herself on her own volition somehow managed to cause her death when it was still somehow not her time? And why would it take precedence not only over the above, but also over Ardenweald's normal rebirth process? Shadowlands is already over and it's still managing to cause the story to cease making sense.
    it's hilarious, Danuser and co. are literally retconning their OWN writing not one expansion ago

I can already see Sylvanas being the one to bring Malfurion from Shadowlands once she finishes cleaning the Maw and being hailed as a hero by the Night Elves.
    at this point, I can easily see Danuser and co. doing this -_- heck, we know Sylvanus is going to come back as the hero to fight against the void, you just know they are going to do that

so I'm sure it'll be that the night elves will see the great hero Sylvanus and will forgive her or something.

7+ Year Old Account
    And you still missing the part where Horde gets to be proactive and mess Alliance up.
    It all boils down to the point when you wan the horde to be erased from the game and/or all of their one cities burned and destroyed, despite happening already with undercity. The said "fair compensations" am i right
    Vol’jin gets covered by Bolvar (lost to neutrality, essentially dead as a character now AND bastardized) or Varian (cut down in his prime, replaced by Cuckduin).
    No, he doesn't as you got Varian back immediately, while we had to wait two fucking years without a troll leader. we lost Thrall and Garrosh, that is 3x2 buddy, You don't rly want to talk about cover, the disparity of horde losing characters and leaders is too big compared to the alliance, and you know it

Meanwhile we are due to Cata or BfA type expansion for Alliance in order to get the “horde story”.
    You are right, we didn't got that far yet, thats why i said y'all are luck stil.

But im eager to raid stormwind twice and kill and defeat the current faction leader, together with the alliance itself killing their own people and named characters.

that is indeed proper horde story

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by voidox View Post
    it's hilarious, Danuser and co. are literally retconning their OWN writing not one expansion ago .
    Well, they already retconed shit from one patch ago previously, one expansion is profit

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    huh? they had a genocide committed against that, then those souls had to stupidly sacrifice themselves for a seed, the horde are still contesting their lands, hordel leaders have given no reparations for what happened, Sylvanus got off scot-free, night warrior arc was a joke, now they are losing Malfurion cause of a stupid retconned "sacrifice and balance" plot point and so on... the heck are you saying here? how do you not see why night elf fans hate all this?

so I dunno what "privilege" you are talking about... what, the privilege of being shit on for almost four expansions? -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they already retconed shit from one patch ago previously, one expansion is profit
    you're right, I forgot about that... Danuser and co. have already been retconning even one patch old lore, that's how garbage they are.

- - - Updated - - -

But in the story we got, Sylvanas burns Teldrassil more or less on a whim, part of an asinine goal of "killing hope" and the Horde stays quietly complicit with the act despite a few internal agitators trying to foment a soft rebellion.
    but hey, don't worry... Thalyssra was too busy chasing a dumb romance and getting married than caring about her faction's role in starting a world war and genociding her kin. "I won't be like Elisandra".

the other horde leaders were all cool with it and are now off scot-free after 5-ish years... cause reasons. Oh wait, Lor'themar made one single comment about their involvement at the end of SL, so that makes it all addressed and done with so the alliance should just forgive them all and be kumbaya with the horde as if nothing happened (though many alliance characters, even freaking night elves, were already doing that in BFA cause that made any sense).

Heck, at this point the alliance not showing up to the stupid wedding would be them starting another world war!!

7+ Year Old Account
    so I dunno what "privilege" you are talking about... what, the privilege of being shit on for almost four expansions? -_-.
    This is the privilege horde had for a while, you look at most horde races, they are shit now too. And if you look back you know why, everyone who is in the spotlight is in danger and get shit, it happened recently to orcs, trolls, undeads, humans and now is night elves turn.

Bless the people who have forgotten races like dwarves that blizzard dont touch it so they can't be ruined.

its like this new blizzard have what we call reverse midas' touch, they touch gold and becomes shit

Forget Teldrassil.
    We still have several WoW Expansions and now 3 years of "peace" where the Kaldorei received no help.

These supposed allies are never valid in the end. That's why the Kalodrei Fans are fed up. That's why the idea of "Malfurion is going to get stronger" doesn't matter to anyone. You have all these supposed powers but in the end I can't use them so they're worthless.

The burning of Teldrazzil is not bad in itself for history. It's too bad we forgot about it one patch later.

It had an impact and consequences... but in that the fans of the Kaldorei fill forums complaining about the subject and in making the fans of the Horde of Honor angry. In addition to clear make many people stop playing WoW. Within WoW it had no consequence.
    (And every time they give you the slightest consequences, they immediately say "it doesn't matter"... or at least they try to say it until the fans get angry)

but hey, don't worry... Thalyssra was too busy chasing a dumb romance and getting married than caring about her faction's role in starting a world war and genociding her kin. "I won't be like Elisandra".

the other horde leaders were all cool with it and are now off scot-free after 5-ish years... cause reasons. Oh wait, Lor'themar made one single comment about their involvement at the end of SL, so that makes it all addressed and done with so the alliance should just forgive them all and be kumbaya with the horde as if nothing happened (though many alliance characters, even freaking night elves, were already doing that in BFA cause that made any sense).

Heck, at this point the alliance not showing up to the stupid wedding would be them starting another world war!!
    Here we have very good examples that there was NO consequence or impact for Teldrazzil in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    And after being basically abandoned by the Alliance (despite providing troops for the “Suicide Army”) by “cold calculus” night elves should have either seceded or demanded massive aid from Alliance after the war and raise a question of Anduin putting humans before other races of the Alliance and see that maggot squirm as he tried to explain himself.

Also night elves seceding means Alliance basically losing Kalimdor, which is a huge loss no matter how you cut it.
    The Kaldorei have all but seceded from the Alliance as it stands now, so that's not really an alteration of any real weight to the current story. As I said previously, I don't blame Tyrande and the Night Elves in general for feeling spurned, they're entitled to their sense of abandonment on an emotional level. On a pragmatic level, though; the Alliance still did the right thing in terms of the greater war surrounding Teldrassil, and that is borne out in the overall result of the war.

If the Kaldorei left the Alliance they'd still have the Draenei in Azuremyst, although their position in Kalimdor would be greatly diminished.

The Kaldorei have all but seceded from the Alliance as it stands now, so that's not really an alteration of any real weight to the current story. As I said previously, I don't blame Tyrande and the Night Elves in general for feeling spurned, they're entitled to their sense of abandonment on an emotional level. On a pragmatic level, though; the Alliance still did the right thing in terms of the greater war surrounding Teldrassil, and that is borne out in the overall result of the war.

If the Kaldorei left the Alliance they'd still have the Draenei in Azuremyst, although their position in Kalimdor would be greatly diminished.
    If the Kaldorei leave the Alliance. The draenei are going to have to move out of kaldorei territory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Forget Teldrassil.
    We still have several WoW Expansions and now 3 years of "peace" where the Kaldorei received no help.

These supposed allies are never valid in the end. That's why the Kalodrei Fans are fed up. That's why the idea of "Malfurion is going to get stronger" doesn't matter to anyone. You have all these supposed powers but in the end I can't use them so they're worthless.
    Based on what we know, it would seem as if the angry and resentful Kaldorei have refused any aid that might be forthcoming, retreating further into the xenophobia that's always been part and parcel of their culture. Not that the Alliance is in really a position to provide much in the way of aid - the issue with the Kaldorei isn't really something they can throw money at, and platitudes are equally unhelpful and likely unwelcome.

I'm not really a "Kaldorei Fan" in the sense I have a deep and abiding emotional investment in the plight of their story, so I tend to look at the bigger picture as opposed to dwelling on their specific plight. But even I can agree that times have been rough for the Kaldorei over the past several arcs, although I don't really think they're alone in either being overlooked or being continually rained on by tragedy.