Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Give us more content just don't reset it daily. Space it out throughout the week but still have it last 3+ days.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Not everyone devotes their entire existence to one single game.
    WoW can have a lot of content and you don't need to do all of it. But it's great to have options and possibilities.
    Would you be happy if second part of your fav single player game was 10 hours shorter than previous instalment? Would you say "oh gee, thank mr. developer! Now I don't have to play it anymore at last!"?

OMG They dropped it!!!! Thanks Blizz for finally listening to your loyal player base!

Reading this thread makes me understand Blizzard way more. How do you even design a game for playerbase like this? Someone asking more content after one week of expansion. People wanting more world quests like its meaningful content. People dont want blizzard to force them do world quests but they want to force themselves?

all they need to do is make them last 3 days.
    that way you would do them once every 3 days and it would be the same as doing them each day.

a potential problem that i see with that is that blizz surely has some backend metric for how lucrative WQs are allowed to be per week.
    to regulate how fast content like faction rep gets consumed with readily available sources.

for that to stay within their target range, daily WQs would need to be gutted.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

So dumb. Why am I paying $15 a month to be artificially timegated like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    There will never be enough new content to do, but always to much old?

Of course I want more content, but not in daily form.

If they had doubled the amount of wq's and spread them out with longer timers, making a new pop everyday, that would let the weekend gamer and the nolifer both feel like they get what they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    So dumb. Why am I paying $15 a month to be artificially timegated like this?
    So you can keep paying $15 a month, every month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post

If they had doubled the amount of wq's and spread them out with longer timers, making a new pop everyday, that would let the weekend gamer and the nolifer both feel like they get what they want.
    Whatever it is, it would be better than what is now.

It's just many people don't realize how insanely bad current renown and story progression is. Weekly timegating legit was better than what is currently now.

I am pretty sure Blizzard would massively buff renown progression in a matter of 2-3 weeks, because right now it's practically stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Imagine you're someone who can only play at certain times. Now imagine that people are getting renown much faster than before. Meaning they unlock content faster. Meaning that cinematics and story is spoiled for you because of youtube's shitty algorithm.

So you have two choices.

Don't watch anything WoW related on youtube, ever.

Just don't watch youtube 4head.

This is where we're at.
    And this is different compared to every other game how?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So you can keep paying $15 a month, every month.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever it is, it would be better than what is now.

It's just many people don't realize how insanely bad current renown and story progression is. Weekly timegating legit was better than what is currently now.

I am pretty sure Blizzard would massively buff renown progression in a matter of 2-3 weeks, because right now it's practically stupid.
    You have at least 6 months to max out renown. Chill

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    This is sarcasm, right?
    Unfortunately not. He's also by far not the only one with this sentiment. Even though the content is COMPLETELY optional and leads to ZERO character power progression, some people just want others to have less stuff to do, just because they can't control their compulsion to clear the world map off icons every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    You have at least 6 months to max out renown. Chill
    See, it's just one of the people who just don't get it.

Let's try this: tell me please how do you increase Valdraaken Accord renown from let's say 11 to 12 to unlock story progression quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post

Yeah indeed. Not only did they make them bi-weekly, there is also far less of them. Like 2-3 per zone.

- - - Updated - - -

See, it's just one of the people who just don't get it.

Let's try this: tell me please how do you increase Valdraaken Accord renown from let's say 11 to 12 to unlock story progression quest?
    By either waiting until the next week or by farming keys, which is just aoeing down mobs for hours on ends. In my book, thats not very fun. But I do have to add: If you're not 12 by now, there's probably some side quests you haven't done yet. Not all side quests that reward good rep are part of the Sojourner achieves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    By either waiting until the next week or by farming keys, which is just aoeing down mobs for hours on ends. In my book, thats not very fun.
    Waiting for what?

You get the issue? There is nothing to wait for. You either farm keys like a bitch or you are stuck at 11 renown forever.

So guess what if there would be daily WQs, then at least, as a start, instead of doing that mindnumbing crap of farming obsidian basement - you could get a stead reputation progression that does not make you want to throw up.

And yes WQs are not amazing content, but they sure as hell beat mindlessly grinding shit for an hours to get on track to unlock a story.

I mean for me it's pretty clear they did it not for good health and happines of the players, but just to stretch already thin content into infinity.

Waiting for what?

You get the issue? There is nothing to wait for. You either farm keys like a bitch or you are stuck at 11 renown forever.

So guess what if there would be daily WQs, then at least, as a start, instead of doing that mindnumbing crap of farming obsidian basement - you could get a stead reputation progression that does not make you want to throw up.

And yes WQs are not amazing content, but they sure as hell beat mindlessly grinding shit for an hours to get on track to unlock a story.
    The weekly accord quest that gives 500 rep and the pvp 25 pvp kills for 250 rep. And the WQ's that we get 2x per week. If you don't want to farm, thats the stuff you have to wait for to do it efficiently over a longer timespan. I agree with you, it sucks. Daily WQ's would give people more optional stuff to do. We have to remember that the reps award nothing but cosmetics. There's some gear, but it is normal raid ilvl only, which will be invalidated next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weekly accord quest that gives 500 rep and the pvp 25 pvp kills for 250 rep. And the WQ's that we get 2x per week. If you don't want to farm, thats the stuff you have to wait for to do it efficiently over a longer timespan. I agree with you, it sucks.
    Gratz that's 1/3 of you need to rank up one faction add a few WQs and that's it for the week and you get maybe 1/2 of the way from renown 11 to 12... and you have 25 ranks there and 4 factions.

So yeah. It's fucking horribad and it's way worse than what SL ever did with renown for average player. More WQs would not be the solution here, but at least it would help.

I am sure Blizz will wake the fuck up and buff renown gain rate a ton in several week, because now it's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

We have to remember that the reps award nothing but cosmetics. There's some gear, but it is normal raid ilvl only, which will be invalidated next week.
    Key proffession schematics are there too. And story progression, which matters for many people.

And right now unless you grind the shit out of mobs or piles of dirt - you aren't getting either, because any other way to gain renown is simply inadequate once side quests run out.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-12-06 at 01:03 PM.

The weekly accord quest that gives 500 rep and the pvp 25 pvp kills for 250 rep. And the WQ's that we get 2x per week. If you don't want to farm, thats the stuff you have to wait for to do it efficiently over a longer timespan. I agree with you, it sucks. Daily WQ's would give people more optional stuff to do. We have to remember that the reps award nothing but cosmetics. There's some gear, but it is normal raid ilvl only, which will be invalidated next week.
    a small correction: faction rep does give an optional crafting material that lets you craft or order a heroic ilvl crafted piece.
    that's 4 pieces of heroic ilvl gear once you have the sparks of ingenuity for it.

"... reps award nothing but cosmetics" is also false, as they do unlock the story.
    you might not care about it, but there are certainly many people who want to see the story without having to grind factions or getting spoiled weeks before unlocking it.

the latest unlock happens at Valdrakken 19 and Dragonscale Expedition 23.
    i am at dragonscale exp. rank 11, a friend who leveled in adventure mode (leveled an alt first for early mats selling and then the main) and did not quest much there is rank 3.
    if he only does the weekly stuff mentioned, he would take several weeks longer than me to get to the same quest.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Gratz that's 1/3 of you need to rank up one faction add a few WQs and that's it for the week and you get maybe 1/2 of the way from renown 11 to 12... and you have 25 ranks there and 4 factions.

So yeah. It's fucking horribad and it's way worse than what SL ever did with renown for average player. More WQs would not be the solution here, but at least it would help.

I am sure Blizz will wake the fuck up and buff renown gain rate a ton in several week, because now it's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Key proffession schematics are there too. And story progression, which matters for many people.

And right now unless you grind the shit out of mobs or piles of dirt - you aren't getting either, because any other way to gain renown is simply inadequate once side quests run out.
    I agree with the story progression actually. Good point. But professions are optional content. Story is indeed too central to be locked behind something some people unlock sooner than others. It's been quite annoying to me personally so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    a small correction: faction rep does give an optional crafting material that lets you craft or order a heroic ilvl crafted piece.
    that's 4 pieces of heroic ilvl gear once you have the sparks of ingenuity for it.

"... reps award nothing but cosmetics" is also false, as they do unlock the story.
    you might not care about it, but there are certainly many people who want to see the story without having to grind factions or getting spoiled weeks before unlocking it.

the latest unlock happens at Valdrakken 19 and Dragonscale Expedition 23.
    i am at dragonscale exp. rank 11, a friend who leveled in adventure mode (leveled an alt first for early mats selling and then the main) and did not quest much there is rank 3.
    if he only does the weekly stuff mentioned, he would take several weeks longer than me to get to the same quest.
    Same here: I agree with the story bit. Didn't think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Or maybe the vocal people aren't the majority they think they are.
    Turns out they were