Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    There is "MMO's" that are just want you want. Just a city then raids and dungeons and maybe a road between the cities if there is more than one.

This is what leads to a boring MMO though where you only login 1-2 day a week and play 3 hours to raid........

Classic was dead as they released TBC classic
    I love raid logging, and most of my guild are all parents as well we have a very finite time to play games we choose to raid 2 nights a week from 10PM server- 1PM server after everyone's kids and significant other's are in bed, we have this time to play games and then we log out on off nights we play other games together, it works great for us. I don't want to endlessly farm some new currency or borrowed power. I just want to do dungeons and raids and be done with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Raid logging is why I liked the game pre-legion.
    This guy gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbringer View Post
    Thank god there is not a giant list of chores you have to do daily, or else you fall behind other players. There's retail if you're into that.
    Come over to dragonflight, zero chores.

Quote Originally Posted by Baharroth View Post
    People finally realizing that Wotlk wasn't as amazing as they thought. Especially that there is so much more to do in retail than in classic
    in retail you obvioiusly have more things to do considering 14 years of updates. That has never been the problem with retail. Problem is that the game feels hollow and does not feel like a mmorpg. Items/stats are dogshit and generic. Gameplay and sound effects are way better in classic, classic in general just feels better to play. And somehow they made retail even more cartoonish than classic, everything looks a bit off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicknex View Post
    in retail you obvioiusly have more things to do considering 14 years of updates. That has never been the problem with retail. Problem is that the game feels hollow and does not feel like a mmorpg. Items/stats are dogshit and generic. Gameplay and sound effects are way better in classic, classic in general just feels better to play. And somehow they made retail even more cartoonish than classic, everything looks a bit off.
    no point talking about tastes i assume

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

wrath is pure nostalgia trip,but objectivly its literaly worse than wod,less to do,and much much worse raids,and the classes in wrath didnt even feel amazing besides a few specs imo,i did enjoy wrath personaly at the time a lot,but looking back at it now,i know it wouldnt feel the same today,had more fun in bfa than in wrath classic

Quote Originally Posted by Etna-the-Undying View Post

So glad i can Raid log! There is a new pokemon game for the switch that i have been waiting to play.
    Dont support it :& Its beyond toxic to buy pokemon games when they keep churning out crap. But hey it works for Nintendo so who cares, they broke all time console sales ever...again...

But yes raid logging is fine, more time to do other shit, and it did take a lot of time to level, pre-raid bis, farm hodir/gold initially.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Thank god there is not a giant list of chores you have to do daily, or else you fall behind other players. There's retail if you're into that.
    Trolling or you didn't pay attention to Dragonflight at all?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Original Wrath was boring. I completely skipped Naxx and Ulduar. To this day, I have never raided in Ulduar in any form. Did a little tournament. Played ICC some.
    You're not missing out on much. I have been playing Wrath private servers for years and while I agree that Ulduar is one of the best raids ever (many raids from MoP onwards are better though), both in terms of fun and environment/story... it is still just a early-ish WoW raid. I think most people that will do it once it re-releases, will be quite disappointed, not because it's bad, but because it will show that many bosses aren't that interesting (a lot of ideas about how to deal with the bosses also repeat) and overall the raid is so overhyped that it won't meet their expectations.

Not sure I would say very alt friendly with how long it takes to get 70-80. But it is better than some expacs
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by apepi1337 View Post
    Go farm Time Lost Proto Drake. That will keep you busy for at least the next 27 years.
    True.

Sadge

I'd figure all the classic content in WoW hits a certain cap limit till it gets to the point of retail. Doing a Cata classic would be so pointless

Once Ulduar comes out there will be dailies to work on at the tournament grounds and lots of raiding to do if you have alts. I have guildies currently clearing NaxX25 like 4 times per week so with both Ulduar 10 and 25 providing upgrades there is raiding to be had every day if one has a few alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    What we have here is the niche that longed for the golden days realizing they aren't so golden
    What we have here is case nr 432423482934239429489239423 of retailer coping with the fact some people enjoy and prefer classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    What we have here is case nr 432423482934239429489239423 of retailer coping with the fact some people enjoy and prefer classic.
    The cope is real xD All the malding retail andies furious because Dragonshite sucks and retail is dead garbage whilst the goat Wrath is back.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    The cope is real xD All the malding retail andies furious because Dragonshite sucks and retail is dead garbage whilst the goat Wrath is back.
    I'm going to be 'that guy' real quick and point out that retail is doing just fine - more than fine. Seen more people in Valdrakken in one day than I have in Dalaran in half a week - and supposedly, Dragonflight has more aggressive sharding.

Don't pretend you know populace numbers when you simply do not. Both games are good for different reasons, and anybody attesting otherwise is simply wrong. Optics for the new expansion are looking incredibly strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    I'm going to be 'that guy' real quick and point out that retail is doing just fine - more than fine. Seen more people in Valdrakken in one day than I have in Dalaran in half a week - and supposedly, Dragonflight has more aggressive sharding.

Don't pretend you know populace numbers when you simply do not. Both games are good for different reasons, and anybody attesting otherwise is simply wrong. Optics for the new expansion are looking incredibly strong.
    Doing so well that they stopped releasing sub numbers and haven't released any player info at all xD because it's as dead as a dodo and they rely on Classic to actually have players. Retail copium so bad.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Doing so well that they stopped releasing sub numbers and haven't released any player info at all xD because it's as dead as a dodo and they rely on Classic to actually have players. Retail copium so bad.
    I state what I see. I don't know what else to tell you. If you don't have objective numbers, then you're, unfortunately, incorrect. Shouting 'copium' won't do anything, especially since, I mean... you know. I'm enjoying what I'm playing. As are others.

Just as people are enjoying playing WotLK for the second time.

Your point is somewhat moot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

Quote Originally Posted by apepi1337 View Post
    Go farm Time Lost Proto Drake. That will keep you busy for at least the next 27 years.
    Honestly it's not too hard to get now with phasing and chromie time and what not. I got mine during covid lol

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just raid log and have fun with it, that's what I do.

It's hilarious though. I do a couple GDKPs a week and one of the raid leaders has like 8 characters, and multiple of the same class and always talks about how he fucking hates Naxxaramas. We always remind him that he doesn't have to do any of this if he doesn't want to, and maybe you could just uh do less. Yes week in and week out, malds about running his 8th GDKP for the week.

If there's anything constant about the state of the game, it's that there's a lot of people who play it while seemingly hating it at the same fucking time.

WoWs great value at the moment (for me anyway). I do some GDKP for a few hours each week on WoTLK then log onto retail to do new content, keys and arena.

Both games are setup to where once you leveled (at least in WoTLK) you don't really fall behind. The content is super easy in WoTLK to get geared up and on live there are very few currencies that don't roll over into the next week, so you legitimately can't fall behind unless you do it to yourself anyway. Anything of value is account wide and renown doesn't matter.

ain’t boring than dragonflight to be honest. Glad i return back wrath for a bit while.

Don't worry, the subpar boring rotations will also be dull in Ulduar.

That some boomers might like that is a'okay but not for me.