Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Yes, yes, we get it, Blizzard is Satan, all they want is your money, their games should be so free you actually earn money playing them.

Do you, like, have actual contributions? Or do you just want people to know you're one of the Cool Guys?
    You'd be surprised how equally unproductive your own posts are. Try reflecting a bit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Honestly, people endlessly bitching about the increase price of new games should find a different hobby that doesn't require thousands of dollars in console/pc equipment, a thousand for a TV, plus whatever revolving hundred you pay each month for power and internet.

Gaming is not a cheap hobby, it's a premium hobby. If your only counter argument is "I can get this system for half off" that's great, then you shouldn't be buying games on release day and wait for them to go on sale.

70 dollar games have been a thing for about a year now, the time for bitching is done, the industry keeps pricing in that manner.
    lol'd

10 chars

Quote Originally Posted by Verissaugh View Post
    Never once said it were illegal. You keep trying to make things out all the time to have something to attack on. Still funny.
    All I said, is me personally dont like that they increase price during a bad economy for alot of people. For you its fine since u have money. End of story.

Then prove that please. If you keep saying that you are the right one and everything, please, prove to me that what you are saying is what they did. They LITERALLY made a questionaire to WoW ppl about how much we would be willing to pay for WoW expansion. Low option. Middle option and high option. Majority would not pick high option but they still took that option(no, majority would not pick high option after a bad expansion like Shadowlands). Quite easy to see from just that part.

And yet again you keep saying things I havent said. Never talked about bobbys yachts or not, but you keep making it up like I would or have. What others say is for them to say. Dont put their words into my meanings.

But its always funny that you keep saying that noone can know what they are doing or thinking but yet are also saying you do know and everyone else is wrong. Get real with me yourself. And if you know how a company works, its more based of how much money they can get out of people so themselves gets more money. Its basic for companies that work like they do since have to strive for higher profits. If you dont even believe that, read up on it yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Rewards that helps you can be anything to do with your character. Doesnt have to be XP bonus, Power bonus or anything. Can be one extra bag slot, can be one extra item, higher drop chance, anything really. And for a fact, a dev literally said that Diablo Immortal would not be monetized. Even said it live and still it went even beyond monetized, literally went predatory. So excuse me if I dont rly trust fully into what their battle pass will have and wont. If its only MTX, sure, fine, thats good. But if theres any "gold/silver - gear - xxx" then its something that helps a player(didnt say SHOP SELLS POWER RELATED STUFF, I said the battle pass could be related to helping players). Im not bashing them for the battle pass entirely though, just dont like how ppl like me would be inclined to buy it due to the "feeling" of not getting the full experience otherwise.

And its fine if you dont care about mtx. Thats you. And yea, I would most likely be happier if I also didnt care about it, but here we are.
    That is the yacht talk. That is the hate against Blizzard. There is nothing factual in anything you write. Summary is: 70$ is the new 60$. Accept it.

Stop the BS or we are done.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    That is the yacht talk. That is the hate against Blizzard. There is nothing factual in anything you write. Summary is: 70$ is the new 60$. Accept it.

Imagine thinking your opinion matters more than his. "We are done", as if people are here specifically to engage Hans0lo on the mmochamp forums.

There is absolutely no reason to expect that optional luxuries would rise in price in a market where people are spending less on it.

The price of D4 in Australia is absurd, it is not just a $10 rise. It is as much as most collector edition games.

There is zero chance I will buy D4 solely on the basis of price. I have spent thousands of dollars on PoE, I have spent thousands of dollars on WoW, but Blizzard have costed me out of engaging with their game by setting the entry price far, FAR too high in a game that will ALSO have microtransactions.

Hype dead and buried in one swipe.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-12-13 at 02:29 AM.

wish more people would "or we are done" instead of endlessly debating personal values and opinions. Who gives a crap about some random dude here? I know the ones we "debate" don't care about us or our opinions, and neither we of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    But it ISN'T "any other F2P game". It's still a Blizzard game, with AAA content and polish (from what we've seen, anyway; obviously it's not out yet). That costs money. The alternative is something like PoE, which very clearly is still lacking in polish - and has to maintain an absurd content pace to keep people engaged, as well as milking them hard on essentials like stash space.

You can't expect to have AAA quality on an indie-game price point. That works for PvP games because there the players are the content; to expect that in PvE is a pipe dream.

If you just want an indie-game AARPG that's F2P, play PoE.
    Poe has great polish and engaging story. The only sin it has is advertising itself as a free game, as playing it for free - without paying for storage additions - becomes literally impossible once you get into endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Noody View Post
    Poe has great polish and engaging story. The only sin it has is advertising itself as a free game, as playing it for free - without paying for storage additions - becomes literally impossible once you get into endgame.
    Which is arguably worse.

As for the polish... that's a debate that can be had. Whether or not you want to say it's "polished" or not, it at least seems fairly clear it's not AS polished as D4 looks to be. Though of course all that is based on preliminary information and may well change as we learn more.

Never once said it were illegal. You keep trying to make things out all the time to have something to attack on. Still funny.
    All I said, is me personally dont like that they increase price during a bad economy for alot of people. For you its fine since u have money. End of story.

Then prove that please. If you keep saying that you are the right one and everything, please, prove to me that what you are saying is what they did. They LITERALLY made a questionaire to WoW ppl about how much we would be willing to pay for WoW expansion. Low option. Middle option and high option. Majority would not pick high option but they still took that option(no, majority would not pick high option after a bad expansion like Shadowlands). Quite easy to see from just that part.

And yet again you keep saying things I havent said. Never talked about bobbys yachts or not, but you keep making it up like I would or have. What others say is for them to say. Dont put their words into my meanings.

But its always funny that you keep saying that noone can know what they are doing or thinking but yet are also saying you do know and everyone else is wrong. Get real with me yourself. And if you know how a company works, its more based of how much money they can get out of people so themselves gets more money. Its basic for companies that work like they do since have to strive for higher profits. If you dont even believe that, read up on it yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Rewards that helps you can be anything to do with your character. Doesnt have to be XP bonus, Power bonus or anything. Can be one extra bag slot, can be one extra item, higher drop chance, anything really. And for a fact, a dev literally said that Diablo Immortal would not be monetized. Even said it live and still it went even beyond monetized, literally went predatory. So excuse me if I dont rly trust fully into what their battle pass will have and wont. If its only MTX, sure, fine, thats good. But if theres any "gold/silver - gear - xxx" then its something that helps a player(didnt say SHOP SELLS POWER RELATED STUFF, I said the battle pass could be related to helping players). Im not bashing them for the battle pass entirely though, just dont like how ppl like me would be inclined to buy it due to the "feeling" of not getting the full experience otherwise.

And its fine if you dont care about mtx. Thats you. And yea, I would most likely be happier if I also didnt care about it, but here we are.
    BP can contain anything but the point of course is if you trust Blizzard or not.

You think they will sell stuff that will give in-game advantages, I will stick to their assumptions they will only sell cosmetics.

Both approaches have their good reasons. If they will sell in-game advantages, including relevant QoL stuff, be sure I will be the first to whine about that.

I guess we’ll have to wait 6 months to discover for real. I could say that the closed beta shop contained cosmetic stuff only (great stuff, but purely cosmetic) but of course they can add whatever they want before release and totally turn the table as it happened with DI.

Of course if you are REALLY addicted to cosmetics, well, good luck, I think there will be quite a lot of them, with time. For me (a)rpgs are all about slaying monsters and becoming more and more powerful, so it’s a non issue, but I feel for you.

Honestly, people endlessly bitching about the increase price of new games should find a different hobby that doesn't require thousands of dollars in console/pc equipment, a thousand for a TV, plus whatever revolving hundred you pay each month for power and internet.

Gaming is not a cheap hobby, it's a premium hobby. If your only counter argument is "I can get this system for half off" that's great, then you shouldn't be buying games on release day and wait for them to go on sale.

70 dollar games have been a thing for about a year now, the time for bitching is done, the industry keeps pricing in that manner.
    Basically this is it. Facts.

If you are a whining cheapskate that doesn't want to spend money to play video games, than gaming is no longer for you. Find another hobby.

All you bring is misery and malice to the table, and we TRUE gamers don't want you around anymore.

Go away and let the rest of us enjoy.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

My dude, you clearly have not studied any kind of basic marketing if thats how you are going to defend your own opinion. If you dont even know how companies work, how in the world are you defending them? You do know that some companies actually have to strive to keep earning more money due to how they are built? Thats not "yacht talk" thats actual basic company talk, lol. Thats not "hate against blizzard" its still basic. Geez, when ppl like you are talking like you know everything but dont even know the basics...... My man, you need to read up more when you clearly have no clue. Actually make me laugh.

70 is the new 60 for people that accepts it. Thats how it is.

"Stop the BS or we are done."
    Actually, you are so funny its quite insane, you rly do make my day. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    BP can contain anything but the point of course is if you trust Blizzard or not.

You think they will sell stuff that will give in-game advantages, I will stick to their assumptions they will only sell cosmetics.

Both approaches have their good reasons. If they will sell in-game advantages, including relevant QoL stuff, be sure I will be the first to whine about that.

I guess we’ll have to wait 6 months to discover for real. I could say that the closed beta shop contained cosmetic stuff only (great stuff, but purely cosmetic) but of course they can add whatever they want before release and totally turn the table as it happened with DI.

Of course if you are REALLY addicted to cosmetics, well, good luck, I think there will be quite a lot of them, with time. For me (a)rpgs are all about slaying monsters and becoming more and more powerful, so it’s a non issue, but I feel for you.
    Man, you really are one of the people who can actually understand and argue in a good way. Thats more rare than you know! Actually respect ppl like you. But yeah, I fully agree with what you said and I do hope you have a nice day!

Where do you live that you have to pay a thousand dollars for a TV? It's 300 for a 4K tv these days, even cheaper in some places. And a console doesn't cost a thousand dollars lmao. Unless you like getting scammed of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Basically this is it. Facts.

If you are a whining cheapskate that doesn't want to spend money to play video games, than gaming is no longer for you. Find another hobby.

All you bring is misery and malice to the table, and we TRUE gamers don't want you around anymore.

Go away and let the rest of us enjoy.
    Holy moly talk about gatekeeping. I feel sorry for you. If that's your attitude then you're just a sheep, it's because of people like you that corporations keep trying to squeeze as much money as they can from people.
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2022-12-13 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Imagine thinking your opinion matters more than his. "We are done", as if people are here specifically to engage Hans0lo on the mmochamp forums.

There is absolutely no reason to expect that optional luxuries would rise in price in a market where people are spending less on it.

The price of D4 in Australia is absurd, it is not just a $10 rise. It is as much as most collector edition games.

There is zero chance I will buy D4 solely on the basis of price. I have spent thousands of dollars on PoE, I have spent thousands of dollars on WoW, but Blizzard have costed me out of engaging with their game by setting the entry price far, FAR too high in a game that will ALSO have microtransactions.

Hype dead and buried in one swipe.
    Well, here is the thing. They already calculated that some people won't buy. Once again - it's easier to tell 100 copies for 70$ compared to 1000 for 7$.

Sorry to hear that you won't be around to enjoy the game.

- - - Updated - - -

My dude, you clearly have not studied any kind of basic marketing if thats how you are going to defend your own opinion. If you dont even know how companies work, how in the world are you defending them? You do know that some companies actually have to strive to keep earning more money due to how they are built? Thats not "yacht talk" thats actual basic company talk, lol. Thats not "hate against blizzard" its still basic. Geez, when ppl like you are talking like you know everything but dont even know the basics...... My man, you need to read up more when you clearly have no clue. Actually make me laugh.

70 is the new 60 for people that accepts it. Thats how it is.

"Stop the BS or we are done."
    Actually, you are so funny its quite insane, you rly do make my day. Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Man, you really are one of the people who can actually understand and argue in a good way. Thats more rare than you know! Actually respect ppl like you. But yeah, I fully agree with what you said and I do hope you have a nice day!
    Just what did you write here? You make zero sense and i'm not attacking you here.

Try to be more cohorent when we discuss. Question: Why shouldn't Blizzard charge 70$ when other companies do?

Now you will talk about directly or indirectly how greedy Blizzard is. That they are taking your money. That they need to grow(fucking obviously - otherwise they need to fire people). You just say nothing constructive, just stating wierd assumptions.

Stop the BS?
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-12-13 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Holy moly talk about gatekeeping. I feel sorry for you. If that's your attitude then you're just a sheep, it's because of people like you that corporations keep trying to squeeze as much money as they can from
    Every party has a pooper and thats why we invited you. Party pooper. Party pooper. Every party has a pooper and thats why we invited you --> Xilurm
    Last edited by Unseen Guest; 2022-12-13 at 10:32 AM.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Well, here is the thing. They already calculated that some people won't buy. Once again - it's easier to tell 100 copies for 70$ compared to 1000 for 7$.

Not if they want to make more money from onselling future products.

Obviously they have a marketing team and believe they are doing the best by their bottom line, but I can't personally believe that such a ridiculously high price of entry is good for the game, nor representative of the quality of Blizzard production in recent times. I don't know what games this is being compared to to say other companies are doing this; I don't think I've ever spent $110AUD upfront for a videogame (and likely never will).

I'm not so heavily invested in any particular game that an over-reach on price won't stop me from buying it on principle. I won't miss it; there are plenty of great ARPGs around today and more coming in the interceding time.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen Guest View Post
    Every party has a pooper and thats why we invited you. Party pooper. Party pooper. Every party has a pooper and thats why we invited you --> Xilurm
    Your posts are really dumb. Pretending like price shouldn't play a part in deciding whether or not luxury items are worth paying for or not

I cannot fathom why any consumer would advocate paying more than necessary for products, even if they don't believe they are overpriced (which this definitely is). Do you think you get brownie points from Blizzard or something? Do you (collective, not the people I quoted specifically) actually think that money is funneled back into keeping staff and improving games? Blizzard charges as much as they do because they are trading on their brand name and know that they can; not remotely because they need to to function as a profitable business.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-12-13 at 11:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    No, I don't think it does. It's rather bizarre and weird to my mind. If I were in charge I would call it something other than 'collector's edition' which historically included the game. I also wouldn't put the fact that the game isn't included in some footnote.

Bad messaging from management I think. They have a long time to correct it but this isn't a good start.

As for it being predatory, that is the world we live in. Blizzard certainly isn't alone in this. I'm interested in the game, not the perks so, they can take all of that and sell it to someone who thinks it's worth it. Actual predation would be forcing it on everyone and charging $170 for the game. At least with this you can buy the "collector's edition", leave it sealed, and sell it on e-bay for a 4X markup in a year.
    They did. They called it the collectors box, not edition separating it from being a version of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    You wouldn't download a car...

Honestly, I don't care about piracy but going out of your way to brag about pirating a fucking video game is petty as fuck.

- - - Updated - - -

It encourages a culture of crunch from game developers since they're forced to work under tight deadlines. Instead of releasing games with polish, we get half-finished messes plagued by "Day 0 patches" and other stuff. And with most triple-A franchises moving to a quasi-live service model this is becoming more and more commonplace. I'm not entirely against pre-ordering if it's understood that the release date isn't final but as CP2077 showed us that isn't always the best alternative either.
    Crunch culture existed well before preorders existed. And seriously, before preorders games released with bugs or broken aspects, including every Blizzard "it's ready when it's ready" game that took way to long to finish.

- - - Updated - - -

Just what did you write here? You make zero sense and i'm not attacking you here.

Try to be more cohorent when we discuss. Question: Why shouldn't Blizzard charge 70$ when other companies do?

Now you will talk about directly or indirectly how greedy Blizzard is. That they are taking your money. That they need to grow(fucking obviously - otherwise they need to fire people). You just say nothing constructive, just stating wierd assumptions.

Stop the BS?
    You did attack me at the start, but yeah. I simply tried to explain to you how companies like activision works in basics. Im sorry if you didnt understand that part.

In cleaner words: Usually companies like Activision (Blizzard) needs to try get more money in profits to the company in which would increase profits to the owners/board. They dont have to follow the your so called "normal pricing" that everyone else does. They do it because they want to. And dont talk about firing people when they have done that but still had quite a huge profit. That defensive statement does not make sense in this.

Why they shouldnt charge 70euro? So according to you, they HAVE to follow what every other company does? If blizzard wanted they didnt have to increase it, but they wanted to and did it. Simple as that. Do I feel its right? Like ive explained to you several times but you still dont seem to understand it:
    "I dont feel its good to increase the price with this economy people are having due to inflation." Tell me you dont understand that without telling me.

So my question would be then for you: Why should Blizzard follow what everyone else does? Are they a sheep or a company?

Weird assumption? what? You know nothing about how different companies work but still argue like you do but are still wrong.
    If the company were close to bankrupt or loosing profits id understand it, but they havent if you actually look into it. So increasing the price will just give them more money. Its that simple but you still dont understand it. Its like arguing with someone who keeps screaming they are right and refuse to understand anything.

So please, stop the bullshit? And please, stop trying to make things up what im doing and not. You arent clever enough.
    Last edited by Verissaugh; 2022-12-13 at 11:16 AM.

You did attack me at the start, but yeah. I simply tried to explain to you how companies like activision works in basics. Im sorry if you didnt understand that part.

In cleaner words: Usually companies like Activision (Blizzard) needs to try get more money in profits to the company in which would increase profits to the owners/board. They dont have to follow the your so called "normal pricing" that everyone else does. They do it because they want to. And dont talk about firing people when they have done that but still had quite a huge profit. That defensive statement does not make sense in this.

Why they shouldnt charge 70euro? So according to you, they HAVE to follow what every other company does? If blizzard wanted they didnt have to increase it, but they wanted to and did it. Simple as that. Do I feel its right? Like ive explained to you several times but you still dont seem to understand it:
    "I dont feel its good to increase the price with this economy people are having due to inflation." Tell me you dont understand that without telling me.

So my question would be then for you: Why should Blizzard follow what everyone else does? Are they a sheep or a company?

Weird assumption? what? You know nothing about how different companies work but still argue like you do but are still wrong.
    If the company were close to bankrupt or loosing profits id understand it, but they havent if you actually look into it. So increasing the price will just give them more money. Its that simple but you still dont understand it. Its like arguing with someone who keeps screaming they are right and refuse to understand anything.

So please, stop the bullshit? And please, stop trying to make things up what im doing and not. You arent clever enough.
    That is the problem.

What if they have a bare minimum - say if they pricetag was 69$ - they would actually lose buisness? That is why you make no sense.

You don't know how thier buisness is structured. Maybe WoW is not making enough, and they compensate with D4? Maybe we will fund D5 and that is the plan? Or maybe we just sponsor the yacht(if that's the bias). But you know what - it doesn't matter in the end. You don't know and I don't know the motivation.

One thing is for certain - this game is one of the most iconic franchises ever developed. Expect it to cost money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Not if they want to make more money from onselling future products.

Obviously they have a marketing team and believe they are doing the best by their bottom line, but I can't personally believe that such a ridiculously high price of entry is good for the game, nor representative of the quality of Blizzard production in recent times. I don't know what games this is being compared to to say other companies are doing this; I don't think I've ever spent $110AUD upfront for a videogame (and likely never will).

I'm not so heavily invested in any particular game that an over-reach on price won't stop me from buying it on principle. I won't miss it; there are plenty of great ARPGs around today and more coming in the interceding time.

Your posts are really dumb. Pretending like price shouldn't play a part in deciding whether or not luxury items are worth paying for or not

I cannot fathom why any consumer would advocate paying more than necessary for products, even if they don't believe they are overpriced (which this definitely is). Do you think you get brownie points from Blizzard or something? Do you (collective, not the people I quoted specifically) actually think that money is funneled back into keeping staff and improving games? Blizzard charges as much as they do because they are trading on their brand name and know that they can; not remotely because they need to to function as a profitable business.
    Problem is that some of us understands marketing. While some pretends to understand.

It is expected that iPhone would sell less devices, if they lowered the price(ironic indeed). Equally, Netflix is the most expensive streaming, yet the most popular. If you would put a Rolex in a grocery store, it would also lose significant market value.

So you concluding that we don't demand fair prices makes no sense from a buisness standpoint. There is a specific strategy behind it(and I deny the idea of we making Blizzard rich. We rather fund their growth - that requires more games. More games requires more demand).

So stop pretending - it is fucking annoying.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-12-13 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Crunch culture existed well before preorders existed. And seriously, before preorders games released with bugs or broken aspects, including every Blizzard "it's ready when it's ready" game that took way to long to finish.
    To an extent, yes. But crunch culture was was just as bad then as it is now. The point is that preorders and corporate deadlines combined by an industry-wide adoption of a "fix it later" approach via quasi-live service models and "Day 0 patches" are not healthy for the longterm health of gaming. We shouldn't advocate for people to work under hostile, unbearable conditions just because they're "passionate."

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Where do you live that you have to pay a thousand dollars for a TV? It's 300 for a 4K tv these days, even cheaper in some places. And a console doesn't cost a thousand dollars lmao. Unless you like getting scammed of course.

This is my whole point, you buy budget, budget tv, on sale consoles, you stay on a budget. I get it, I lived that way too at one point, most people do. But why all of a sudden do you think that a full priced brand new game fits into that budget? Wouldn't it make more sense to buy games on sale, to remain within that budget?

And I'm not saying this as a gate keeping kind of thing. It's just pure fiscal responsibility. You buy a car thats too expensive, you have to cut back in other areas. Why is it that you can buy a brand new console thats too expensive for you but the brand new games are exempt from that same fiscal line of thinking?

This is my whole point, you buy budget, budget tv, on sale consoles, you stay on a budget. I get it, I lived that way too at one point, most people do. But why all of a sudden do you think that a full priced brand new game fits into that budget? Wouldn't it make more sense to buy games on sale, to remain within that budget?

And I'm not saying this as a gate keeping kind of thing. It's just pure fiscal responsibility. You buy a car thats too expensive, you have to cut back in other areas. Why is it that you can buy a brand new console thats too expensive for you but the brand new games are exempt from that same fiscal line of thinking?
    Is this serious? You can't honestly be comparing a specific piece of entertainment to an object you only buy to experience entertainment through. You want a TV? They range from the prices 50€ to 50000€. You want D4? It's 70€ for the game with some optional additions. Same goes for consoles in broad terms.

I don't personally have a huge problem with the price increase (AAA games have been 60€ for what, 20 years? It's been a LONG time coming, and is probably why DLC and MTX is so prevalent), but your analogies make no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Is this serious? You can't honestly be comparing a specific piece of entertainment to an object you only buy to experience entertainment through. You want a TV? They range from the prices 50€ to 50000€. You want D4? It's 70€ for the game with some optional additions. Same goes for consoles in broad terms.

I don't personally have a huge problem with the price increase (AAA games have been 60€ for what, 20 years? It's been a LONG time coming, and is probably why DLC and MTX is so prevalent), but your analogies make no sense at all.
    I'm not comparing them, I'm highlighting the hypocrisy of spending hundreds and thousands on equipment to not accepting a 10 currency raise in price, and filtering that through the lens of a budget. Gaming has a high point of entry and a decent "maintenance" cost before you ever get to game purchases. The nature of gaming is expensive. If in order to get into gaming hardware you look for deals, which generally constitutes waiting for price drops, sales, or used market, why the hell is the price of a brand new, unmarked down game even a real cause for concern. You should be shopping the games that have been marked down, or you can trade in, and make other sacrifices to reach that target for the brand new game.
    That's the whole point, why are the games themselves, ultimately the most expensive portion of gaming, exempt from the budget sacrifices that people make with the hardware and maintenance expenses (power, internet)?