Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    There are no TBC Era servers. There are Vanilla Era servers.

But the main complaint was the fact that, unlike Vanilla WoW, there was no option to remain in TBC. All of the TBC servers upgraded to Wrath.
    That is definitely unfortunate. I hope they walk back that decision and throw on a few TBC servers, at the very least. A core argument of having Classic servers in the first place was that you can't really play them as-they-were (or close enough) on live. The same can be said even for TBC servers, due to all the talent changes and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    That is definitely unfortunate. I hope they walk back that decision and throw on a few TBC servers, at the very least. A core argument of having Classic servers in the first place was that you can't really play them as-they-were (or close enough) on live. The same can be said even for TBC servers, due to all the talent changes and so on.
    It's a bit too late for them to walk it back.

They said that they might still do a TBC Season of Mastery, but they basically don't want to have permanent playable servers for TBC =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in the future when more hype and desire to play them again has been generated, not much point at the current time tbh. Just look at the Classic era ones, they're dead. TBC ones would be the same as we've just finished it and people want to play the most recent expac and finish that first. I guess it may be different when Wrath has finished, but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that Era and SoM for Vanilla weren't as popular as everyone thought they would be. a vast majority of the playerbase took the transfer from Classic Era to TBC. SoM had its moments at launch but began to fall off as well.

Blizzard didn't think that TBC Era servers would be worth the resources, and likely will think that TBC SOM style servers will not be worth the resources either.
    Last edited by SinR; 2022-12-14 at 06:19 PM. Reason: I missed a "Not" that was very important
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I can't be arsed to read all twelve pages at the moment (apologies), so I'll ask instead: Is the title of the thread accurate? Are there no TBC era servers currently live? What about Vanilla servers, are there any of those?
    Yeah no BC era.

Vanilla era is damn near close to dead. And to actually do content you have to go to a server that has population, which costs many. They need to merge them all together.

Vanilla SoM seems to have been popular at first, but it was a buggy mess and i don't think there is another season planned.

I agree no BC era is a shame. It's not like they need many servers, probably only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Yeah no BC era.

Vanilla era is damn near close to dead. And to actually do content you have to go to a server that has population, which costs many. They need to merge them all together.

Vanilla SoM seems to have been popular at first, but it was a buggy mess and i don't think there is another season planned.

I agree no BC era is a shame. It's not like they need many servers, probably only one.
    I'd like to see three: one PvE, one PvP, and one RP. At the very least the first two. Then multiply that per region and you're good to go.

I'd like to see three: one PvE, one PvP, and one RP. At the very least the first two. Then multiply that per region and you're good to go.
    Yeah, that would be ideal imo. I'd also like to see some kind of "time machine" where you could send stuff you've earned on classic servers to your toons on retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Yeah, that would be ideal imo. I'd also like to see some kind of "time machine" where you could send stuff you've earned on classic servers to your toons on retail.
    I'd be fine with that, but I know some people would throw a hissy-fit about it. No idea what it would take to make them happy about the idea, probably nothing would work, but I'd still want it. I'm sure Blizz will change their minds about it eventually, it just might be a few years away still.

It make sense and knew this was going to happen. The only way they can ramp up content for original classic content is by making new content involving Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Yeah i do understand them here. BC was fun but that is it. Same with classic servers.

The should, after they are in MoP, start from the beginning again in a slightly faster cadance with staggered servers.

So server who go through classic to mop forever. But 2 different chains. When the first batch fo server is mid Wotlk they should start the second batch with classic.

I don't really see why we should keep classic servers forever. Its not like there are many people still laying it.
    With the different Expansion chain servers they can add stuff to change it up a bit like they did it with Season of Mastery
    That could be an idea.. but honestly I dont think it will attract the same ammoun t of hype. I dont see it having the same succes, feels like a waste of time. They should move forward afterwards.

Unlike TBC which was a massive upgrade to Classic, imho the WOTLK is a side-grade to TBC.

A lot of the Wotlk class changes and approaches to questing/leveling and dungeons were not that good.

And the addition of the extremely overpowered DK class made every other class go like "WE WANNA BE THAT BROKEN!!!"... massive power creep.

Think again!

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    There wont be cata classic servers. This Addon was disliked to much.

This did not age well.

They should do "classic" server with no raid lockouts. Let people do raids as much as they want and play with whomever they want. They say they want to change the pace, this is it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    RIP Wrath servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh.

My guild's done with Wrath, I got everything I wanted out of it (ZG mounts, Undying/Immortal, T7 Meta mounts) so yeah.

BRING ON THE CATACLYSM
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It's a bit too late for them to walk it back.

They said that they might still do a TBC Season of Mastery, but they basically don't want to have permanent playable servers for TBC =/
    TBC SoM would be nice, but i unsure how it would end up looking at the disaster that is SoD.....

Quote Originally Posted by Centaura View Post
    This did not age well.
    Yep, we were naive back then, thinking Blizzard would take risks and not just do the easy money path.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Yep, we were naive back then, thinking Blizzard would take risks and not just do the easy money path.
    Well we have gotten SoD, Hardcore, MoP Timewalking and Plunderstorm as well. Not exactly risks per se but a lot better than just 9 months of nothing and cata classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Centaura View Post
    This did not age well.
    true

wondering if they stop after cata, now we got MoP Remix. Feels weird to play it now in ADHD/Tiktok/GenZ Speed Modus just to get the regular MoP like 1 year later.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Well we have gotten SoD, Hardcore, MoP Timewalking and Plunderstorm as well. Not exactly risks per se but a lot better than just 9 months of nothing and cata classic.
    Plunderstorm is an argument for sure, though it came 7 years after the PUBG craze. The others are minimal resources spent to cash in on hype while Cata is the safe route.

I think SoD is great but goddamn did they bite off more than they could chew with the amount of resources they allocated to it.