Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Making all mounts DR able doesn't help my motion sickness. Seriously, if you think they will invest the time and resources to enable 900 mounts and redo all zones for that, I don't know what to tell you.
    Blizzard always give with one hand, then take with the other, you know Hazzikostas is lying as his lips are moving.
    Either way, it's time to move on, so I'll wish you all good luck, merry Xmas and a happy new year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Dragonriding = Immersive, modern
    2004 flying = game breaking and dull

If i was Blizzard, i would know where to invest my time in.
    Good thing you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Cheers folks, that was genuinely useful information.
    Lol. Didn’t pay attention to how many pages there were when I responded. After I saw my post was #70 I was wondering how many replies you already got.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I like that idea. Pre DF flying should be replaced entirely and flight pathing for flight points should become more direct.

Though speaking from an RP standpoint it makes no sense for my gyrocopter to be "dragonriding" so not sure how that'd be addressed. It gives me the feeling that dragonriding is the "borrowed power" of dragonflight and will be forgotten with the next expansion for the devs.
    If/when the system carries over to the rest of your non-dragon mounts it'll obviously not be called dragonriding. We might possibly get unique flavor names for different mount types, e.g "Piloting" for mechanical flying mounts, or "Gryphonriding" for gryphons and "Wyvernriding" for Wyverns, just to name a few. Or they just go with some generic name like "Advanced Flying".

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Except they're account wide and can be added before you even step foot on the isles...
    Heck you can even add them on a level 1 alt right in the starting area by using this command: /run DragonridingPanelSkillsButtonMixin:OnClick()

(and you can also take the boat/zep to dragon isles and fly dragons there at level 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    This wasn't a reply I was expecting, but it was a reply that was appreciated. Cheers. Sorry for the snarky replies you got.
    Well you have to expect some snark when you commit the sin of being wrong on the internet :-) I've only hopped on an alt briefly to set up some crafting orders for my main and when I saw I only had 3 orbs of vigour I thought I had to go back and get all the things again.

It did press home my main issue with the system though, when you are first getting started it feels a bit week and you spend a lot of time waiting around for the vigour to recharge, especially if you misjudge a "shortcut" and have to wait for a recharge several times, I managed to quest through the first two zones before I thought fuck it and installed the HandNotes module to get the thing maxed out.

I'm still not over the moon with the recharge rate of vigour when you are grounded but I'm guessing if it was any faster it would feel less rewarding when you fly well and keep yourself charged up that way. Overall though it is much more fun and engaging than the old version of flying, and while I prefer the last few expansions with zones designed to be tackled from the ground I won't complain if future expansions use something like dragonriding and definitely think it should be implemented with legacy content.

Dragonriding sucks for getting around on alts who haven't collected a decent amount of glyphs.
    lol so go get all the glyphs on your main. It literally takes like 10-15 minutes, if that. Unless skill issue with Dragonriding. I went and got all mine done when I hit lvl 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    lol so go get all the glyphs on your main. It literally takes like 10-15 minutes, if that. Unless skill issue with Dragonriding. I went and got all mine done when I hit lvl 65.
    At the time of writing I didn't know you unlocked the glyphs for all characters, as explained in the post right above yours I had only hopped on an alt briefly to fly to the capital and noticed I just had the 3 orbs of vigour with no perks to charging.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    'Classic' flying, for lack of a better description, has the advantage of i) hovering, and ii) better precision. It's kinda fun to crash my dragon into the ground at full speed, but sometimes I'd like more fine control. I don't particularly mind that it's slower.
    I don't think they should make literally every mount function identically to DF's dragonriding mounts, but I do think that Blizzard should move beyond the "Flying=Swimming in the air"-mechanic so that flying actually feels like flying like it does in DF. Plus, having to actually engage with the flying system is a fair exchange for the massive speed bonus you get out of it.

As for hovering, it makes perfect sense as a unique flying mechanic for certain mounts like the gyrocopter, magic carpets and disc mounts, in addition to more dragonriding-like mechanics like banking, nosediving and stalling.

Hell, I'd even like to see mount mechanics added to ground and swimming mounts. Imagine being able to gallop with horses, leaping really high on raptor mounts, being able to walk up steeper hills on rams, slow falling on hawkstriders, squid mounts being able to camoflague to reduce enemy aggro range, etc etc. Anything to make mounting more fun than just being advanced walking.

Going back to the older world just feels dull now you can't dragonride in there. Just flying "clipping" in the sky is totally boring now and feels so outdated.
    Can we even wait till 11.0 to get Dragonriding expanded all over WoW? feels like they gotta put the engine on full ahead and get Dragonriding out for all of Azeroth for upcoming major patch.

Would you like to see dragonriding replace the older flying forgood?
    Think there will be a big split on this idea.

I think for me, its mostly perfect. only downside is long distance travel. But i do think its fast, more work ( in a good way). And less cheap lets stand still.
    But to replace it... i would say give the option for both in old zones.

would like to see it even be added to other mounts with wings.

Do not think the system is perfect for all flying mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    'Classic' flying, for lack of a better description, has the advantage of i) hovering, and ii) better precision. It's kinda fun to crash my dragon into the ground at full speed, but sometimes I'd like more fine control. I don't particularly mind that it's slower.
    skill issues

I'd rather resources be spent on moving forward than making past expansions work. It would be for the most part broken for new players to have to deal with gimped flying for X expansions until they can improve it in DF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonriding sucks for getting around on alts who haven't collected a decent amount of glyphs.
    Moment of silence for this dude leveling alts with like 2 whole vigor not realizing..

Can we even wait till 11.0 to get Dragonriding expanded all over WoW? feels like they gotta put the engine on full ahead and get Dragonriding out for all of Azeroth for upcoming major patch.
    No. We literally can't wait for that, because Dragonriding is an expansion feature that will be abandoned in 11.0.

It is much less work to turn the four Dragonriding mounts into regular flying mounts than it is to try to hammer in all the thousand existing mounts into Dragonriding model.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2022-12-20 at 11:41 PM.

Why have both options
    Thread's over boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No. We literally can't wait for that, because Dragonriding is an expansion feature that will be abandoned in 11.0.

It is much less work to turn the four Dragonriding mounts into regular flying mounts than it is to try to hammer in all the thousand existing mounts into Dragonriding model.
    There are only 337 flying mounts in the game and a lot of them share meshes with other flying mounts, which drastically reduces the amount of work necessary to adapt the animations associated with the new flying mechanics across the board. With that said, it'd still be quite a massive endeavour for the devs, but then again, the point of them absorbing Proletariat was precisely to be able to do stuff like this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dragonriding = Immersive, modern
    2004 flying = game breaking and dull

If i was Blizzard, i would know where to invest my time in.
    How about you go into your corner with your dragon riding and I'll go into my corner with normal flying and call it a day?

Glyphs are account wide this isn't a problem

Yeah you are lazy, i get it. You want 1400% speed and being able to afk mid air. Other words you want it the easy way.
    You pretty much nailed it here. Most of the complaints are from lazy people. The other part is from people that are not good at it or don't like change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

So you're saying, they should and always go the easiest route?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    How about you go into your corner with your dragon riding and I'll go into my corner with normal flying and call it a day?
    Or go play Wrath? If you don't want WoW changed, they have classic servers for you to stay in the past. You should expect Retail to get these kinds of changes.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Yes but add in other archetypes. Add some of the basic mechanics to all mounts and give different mounts different niches.
    For example hover mounts like discs, books or flying carpets can have a hover mechanic that lets you sit still in one spot for vigor.
    I'd love to see more mechanics added. Guild wars 2 has awesome mount design taking notes from them would benefit wow