Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    You pretty much nailed it here. Most of the complaints are from lazy people. The other part is from people that are not good at it or don't like change.
    He "nailed" his own thumb instead. And so did you.

There are a decent load of valid complaints, and nothing warrants the removal of the original flight mechanic. If both coexist, you are not negatively affected at all. You would still get the option to use 'dragonriding' flight all over Azeroth, and others who don't want it would have the option to use regular flight.

Like I already said: demanding for the removal of the original flight mechanic is nothing short of arrogant and egotistical, when both can perfectly coexist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    I consider it better than no flight at all, but inferior to classic flight. The convenience and precision of the latter wins for me.
    ^^^ QTF

This x100
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    You need to learn to fly so that vigor never depletes. Slight angle towards the ground so that you have enough speed to keep regenerating vigor, then to gain altitude you do a deep turn up and use the dragon's ability, let him flap 2 times or so, and correct your angle again towards the ground. This way you can fly forever while also gaining altitude.

(I'm assuming you have all the dragon glyphs)

There's probably a weakaura for visualizing your speed so the concept is easier to grasp.
    I had a look around, it seems Blizz have limited the API so you can't accurately measure dragonflight speed.

The most popular weakaura works for speed. I believe they did limit the ability to see pitch, though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    The most popular weakaura works for speed. I believe they did limit the ability to see pitch, though.
    This ^^^ speed works, and so you can see how much faster you need to go to get thrill of the skies. And also if you are at the speed cap.
    But the pitch has been removed, so you can't know right out how much you need to pitch, but you can just do it yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I feel like you could still effectively show pitch, or at least why you'd want to see pitch, by monitoring the delta change in the player's velocity and whether it's sufficient to get thrill of the skies in the next X seconds.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-12-23 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This. Older zones aren't designed for dragonriding, so it makes sense that while it could be enjoyable for some, it won't be ideal compared to old flight. As an example, imagine trying to fly up to talk to Thorim. I have a feeling Dragonriding wouldn't be able to manage that...
    Could do this easily.

I mean, max level Dragonflight has infinite flight anyway, the only thing it is missing is hovering.

It literally is a better normal flying.

Just make sure you're always flying upwards when you use the upwards vigor ability. EZ money

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This. Older zones aren't designed for dragonriding, so it makes sense that while it could be enjoyable for some, it won't be ideal compared to old flight. As an example, imagine trying to fly up to talk to Thorim. I have a feeling Dragonriding wouldn't be able to manage that...
    The old zones work fine for dragon riding, you can do it now with the dracthyr, and people through AHEM unnormal ways have been able to test normal dragon riding on EK/Kalim/North/Pandaria
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Yeah dragonriding should work everywhere and they should expand this system slowly to other mount types as well over time.

They can also add a spell to dragonriding which switches "modes", with one being dragonriding and the other being the old-style flying where you can hover and fly forever, but at a much lower speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I'm surprised at here is people thinking old flying isn't needed anymore. People are just beyond ignorant eh? There are NUMEROUS times I like to afk fly straight or afk fly in one spot while I wait for something to spawn.

If we had both I am willing to bet that I'd use dragonriding 75% to 80% of the time but I'd still have uses for regular flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    The only thing that feels worse about the old flying system is the speed.

I would pick the old flying system over the new system every single time if it moved at the same speed.
    That’s exactly why they gave DR extra speed, if normal flying would be as fast as, no one would use DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    The only thing I'm surprised at here is people thinking old flying isn't needed anymore. People are just beyond ignorant eh? There are NUMEROUS times I like to afk fly straight or afk fly in one spot while I wait for something to spawn.

If we had both I am willing to bet that I'd use dragonriding 75% to 80% of the time but I'd still have uses for regular flying.
    Old flying is needed for people with disabilities, and imo the best way to do it would be to enable dragon riding style flying everywhere by default and for every mount and add a toggle in the accessibility options to use the old flying instead

I will forever lol @ the notion that afking is somehow not possible without being on a flying mount though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    Old flying is needed for people with disabilities, and imo the best way to do it would be to enable dragon riding style flying everywhere by default and for every mount and add a toggle in the accessibility options to use the old flying instead

I will forever lol @ the notion that afking is somehow not possible without being on a flying mount though
    You can forever lol @ the notion, but as I prefer WM on it allows me to safely wait for certain bosses to spawn. Yes, I could turn WM off however Blizz can do what they're doing and what they've been doing which is simply leave old flying as it is. I've yet to see any logical reasoning as to why old flying should be removed which is what I was mainly talking about.

Perhaps dragonriding can be locked behind pathfinder. Classic flying can just be standard since it is inferior.

only problem I have with DR is its harder to fly up than glide down but that seems like a solvable problem just giving us a 3 boost climb in addition to the 3 boost burst and the 1 boost climb and burst

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post

you could probably put in a toggle of some kind to let you slow fly or something

You can forever lol @ the notion, but as I prefer WM on it allows me to safely wait for certain bosses to spawn.
    So you want old flying mounts just so you can reap the benefits of warmode without actually having to pvp? Buddy, you can dismount people while flying now. You won't be able to "afk safely" in war mode even when they bring old flying back.

There should be no "safety" in war mode, if you want to be safe then defend yourself.

If they increased flying speed to match or surpass DR, everyone would go back to Old World flying and they wouldn't need to put money into changing any old world content.

Dr is a gimmick for this expansion, probably won't be used agsin going forward when it will be more cost effective to just go vsck to what it was before.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    If they increased flying speed to match or surpass DR, everyone would go back to Old World flying and they wouldn't need to put money into changing any old world content.
    They don't need to change any old content to enable dragon riding there. Where are people getting that?