Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Gear skipper and skill skipper in mythic +

Is it me or is there way too many people who join mythic + hoping to get carried.

I keep seeing those tank/dps that have half their gear blue/green and barely know how to mitigate joining some + 12 and + 13. They got like one purple from mythic + which is probably coming from the key they bought.

How am I suppose to keep them alive if they get one shotted?

-If I play with my druid they die before my healing overtime tick enough time.

-If I play holy priest then I got like 1-2 sec of time to power word: life them then it's the same story every 5 sec. If there's dispel to do then it's too late.

-Last week they would pull way to much and bursting+grievious fucked us.

-This week they wait like 3 sec in the blood pool before moving the mobs.

If you call them out they start cussing at you. If you leave without a word they start cussing at you. If you wipe they start cussing at you. If they miss a kick they start cussing at you.

just leave the group when you see someone like that in it
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

I already do that. But, that doesn't solve the issue.

I guess the social contract was just a big fat joke.

It solves the issue pretty well. Don't wanna play with those people? Don't invite them, or leave the group if you see people like that.

You don't have to deal with people you don't want to.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOEnjoyer View Post

It does solve the issue
    Eventually the only ones joining those groups are those same types of players and they stay in their own little cesspool

It's just you.

I never have this problem. Just set a appropriate item level for your dungeon. I require 380 for anyone doing a +10.

Social Contract has literally nothing to do with this.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It's just you.

I never have this problem. Just set a appropriate item level for your dungeon. I require 380 for anyone doing a +10.
    The issue is that I'm not always using my own key.

Sometimes you want to keep your key for when your guild is available.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Social Contract has literally nothing to do with this.
    Being cussed at in whispers fall in the Harassments/abuse category.

Any tanks and healers in an M+ pug environment will be carried by the DPS, to varying degrees. That's simply because there are so many more DPS around that only the highest rated/ilvls will be taken, while you'll grab the first tank/healer that looks remotely acceptable.

These "skill skippers" are just the extreme of that.

But why though? You will still have a key for when your friends login and they will also have a key. By not using your key then you lose control of the group. People are bastards and will always work towards their 'perceived' self interest. At least, by using your own key, you can pick the pricks with the experience or gear of your choosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

- - - Updated - - -

Mb, you are right off course.

10+ Year Old Account

What does it have to do with social contract?

:thonking:

- - - Updated - - -

Don't stick your nose into what is not your beeswax and you won't get cussed. You joined the key, you could have inspected teammates before commiting and just moved on. Bitching at people post-factum is a bad form and you get backlash.

10+ Year Old Account
    if we just could get a group finder for mythic+.. it's only dependant on ilvl and rating anyways, let me get a quick invite for a selectable bracket (0, 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 etc.) as soon as i get the toon to corresponding numbers first. oh, some updated proving grounds with all the mechanics in the dungeons would be great too.

that way we could at least eliminate bad choices, minimize the contact with toxic people and get a more rounded group. i cannot see any benefits of players judging me before they see me play.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing new there. What is the go-to argument by those people, "Make your own group"?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I keep seeing those tank/dps that have half their gear blue/green and barely know how to mitigate joining some + 12 and + 13. They got like one purple from mythic + which is probably coming from the key they bought.
    Who invites these people though ? If you're in blue/green gear there's no way your even remotely highly geared enough for a 12. Someone is inviting them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

It's called "due diligence".

At least inspect them before you commit to doing the key (as in: the timer starts).
    Or do the extra step of looking trough their M+ rating and runs completed.

Then there's also different ways of leaving;
    - the silent leave, which may result in them whispering you
    - the aggressive leave, where you "tell them they suck", which will definatelly result in some toxicity
    - telling them you are needed elsewhere

Also "grow some thicker skin"... if getting whispered "you left and ruined my key, thanks" is what triggers you enough to start calling out harassment, then i don't know how you get by in your personal life and you should probably work on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    It's called "due diligence".

At least inspect them before you commit to doing the key (as in: the timer starts).
    Or do the extra step of looking trough their M+ rating and runs completed.

Then there's also different ways of leaving;
    - the silent leave, which may result in them whispering you
    - the aggressive leave, where you "tell them they suck", which will definatelly result in some toxicity
    - telling them you are needed elsewhere

Also "grow some thicker skin"... if getting whispered "you left and ruined my key, thanks" is what triggers you enough to start calling out harassment, then i don't know how you get by in your personal life and you should probably work on that.
    I concur.

To the OP:

There are also multiple add-ons / weak auras that help players in this regard. These tools help you see rating and what classes are already in the group.

For example, if you’re trying to do a +12 or +13 and the party you’re looking to join is full of mages and the leader’s rating is 900 - more than likely that key will fail. The odds are not in their favor. Unless it’s an easy week and SMB.

Regardless, this is how things are right now. Take the time to inspect the groups and give yourself the best opportunity for success. And if you bail out before the timer starts, then ignore all whispering.

Click ignore and move on. Go to the next key.
    They’re whispering you, who cares.
    That’s why you can legit have multiple chat windows and choose what type of messages you receive.

Sadly, that’s just the way it is right now. If you take the chance on sub optimal groups, you’ll get sub optimal results with the rare gem when everything works out.

The best advice for the healing side - just try and keep playing to the best of your ability. Overhealing. Shielding. Stop DPS’ing. Always have HoTs rolling. Predict damage. Know every mechanic and every encounter. All these things matter.

And if you or others aren’t willing to put forth the full effort it may cost - maybe you’re not cut out for anything above 15s.

And sometimes, we all have to take a look at what we want and what we are willing to give in the pursuit of our goals. And there’s nothing wrong with that. Self evaluation of abilities and goals can go a long way. If you don’t want to put forth all the extra effort then that’s okay.

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Any tanks and healers in an M+ pug environment will be carried by the DPS, to varying degrees. That's simply because there are so many more DPS around that only the highest rated/ilvls will be taken, while you'll grab the first tank/healer that looks remotely acceptable.

These "skill skippers" are just the extreme of that.
    It means they get a spot, which means gear and experience. Which is a large part of "skill". The issue are the dpses mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raider.io is a quick way to do a superficial audit of your group before you commence. Joining a group doesn't obligate you to begin the run. Assuming people will perform adequately just sets you up for disappointment.

- - - Updated - - -

How am I suppose to keep them alive if they get one shotted?

-If I play with my druid they die before my healing overtime tick enough time.
    If they were one-shot, they were doing something wrong. Keep rolling hots, make a macro for spamming "I NEED MANA" if you dip below a comfortable threshold, and keep a mental note of which member of the group is taking the most avoidable damage. You'll need to babysit them.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe stop calling people out and swearing at them before leaving? Treat like you want to be treated and all that.. But hey! You can do it, but others can't do it back right!