Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    Blizz did this already. A joke race got a whole expansion dedicated to it. You still see them walking around diminishing the game with every step.
    They were talking about bloodelves

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    A... murlock?
    You know it
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    I am so disappointed. I was genuinely hoping you were some hobby craftsman who had made a Murloc Clock.
    Ah, yes. A murclock.

Easy there, mate. Don't get cut on that edge. Pandaren ain't diminishing anything, the only thing that diminishes the game are people who expect the franchise to only be about war and destruction, and not also exploration, story, and adventure.
    Pandaren diminish literally everything. Don't have to be edgy to recognize that.

I am sorry but why does WoW being both about war and destruction as well as exploration, story, and adventure, have to do with Pandaren being necessary?

Also, I think the other end of the spectrum is just as diminishing... those who may or may not admit war and destruction are important... but also somehow it makes sense to get rid of faction conflict and just get rid of the faction restrictions altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    They were talking about bloodelves
    No.

Easy there, mate. Don't get cut on that edge. Pandaren ain't diminishing anything, the only thing that diminishes the game are people who expect the franchise to only be about war and destruction, and not also exploration, story, and adventure.
    I never said anything about only wanting war and destruction. I also didn't say anything negative about exploration, story, and adventure. That was all manufactured by you. The only thing implied in my text is that Panda people are kinda dumb, and the game is lessened by them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never said anything about only wanting war and destruction. I also didn't say anything negative about exploration, story, and adventure. That was all manufactured by you. The only thing implied in my text is that Panda people are kinda dumb, and the game is lessened by them.
    The game ain't lessened by them at all, added another layer of development. Lessening the game would be to remain with the basic races only in a world where there are massive forces of varied races.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    /projectile vomit
    New racial spell!
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The game ain't lessened by them at all, added another layer of development. Lessening the game would be to remain with the basic races only in a world where there are massive forces of varied races.

I never said anything about only wanting to remain with the basic races. I also never said anything against adding layers of development to the game. Those are all your words.

There isn't anything edgy what I said, If anything my feeling on the matter is a weariness generated and experienced whenever interacting with a panda player or NPC. The sort of low grade disappointment one might feel if lets say 10% of the general population just decided to wear Groucho Marx nose glasses all day every day for the rest of their lives. It wouldn't be harmful to me in any way other than frequently experiencing a passing and minor disenchantment with the interaction.

Pandas have been in the game so long they are to me just an essence of banal lameness. My whole point to saying any of this is just I would not look forward to experiencing a similar situation with playable Murlocs.

. The only thing implied in my text is that Panda people are kinda dumb, and the game is lessened by them.
    Had they not be well-written into the game I might agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    New racial spell!
    Hmm...as a racial...
    No..! omg no!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Had they not be well-written into the game I might agree. Hmm...as a racial...
    No..! omg no!

Hey I agree with you that the MOP story was well written. If you replaced the Panda people with Goofy or Donald Duck people the story might still be well written, just the actual character design that would be dumb. That's pretty much how I feel when I'm interacting with a Panda player or NPC in game right now, I feel like I'm talking to a mascot costume at a theme park. And interacting with a mascot costume is fun sometimes for a moment or two. A whole expansion full of them, and then having them persist in the game permanently is way too much. The novelty wore off 30 minutes in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I agree with you that the MOP story was well written. If you replaced the Panda people with Goofy or Donald Duck people the story might still be well written, just the actual character design that would be dumb. That's pretty much how I feel when I'm interacting with a Panda player or NPC in game right now, I feel like I'm talking to a mascot costume at a theme park. And interacting with a mascot costume is fun sometimes for a moment or two. A whole expansion full of them, and then having them persist in the game permanently is way too much. The novelty wore off 30 minutes in.
    Aaaand that is how I feel about Night Elves and Orcs, hence I don't play them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It entirely is lessened by them.

Not all layers of development contribute well to the game.

Except.... how can you feel the same about the Orcs and NEs when they're not supposed to be novel... and definitely don't look like mascot?

If you have a problem with elves and orcs in general because you think they're boring... I don't know what you're doing even playing a game with a setting like Warcraft's...

Distinction being that Orcs and NE's were core the original product, so when anyone bought WOW they knew they were part of the deal.

Pandas were thrown in years later as a nonnegotiable mandatory addition.

It would be like buying a car and then a few years later after a nonnegotiable software upgrade the car makes a loud drawn-out fart sound every time you start it. The car still works, but I enjoy it less.

Distinction being that Orcs and NE's were core the original product, so when anyone bought WOW they knew they were part of the deal.

It would be like buying a car and then a few years later after a nonnegotiable software upgrade the car makes a loud drawn-out fart sound every time you start it. The car still works, but I enjoy it less.
    It would be way more like they added the ability to change your cellphone ring to a fart (like what happened in the early 2000’s). you can always pick any of the other sound available. Some people are gonna pick the fart sound, many may not. But you shouldn’t get to pick other peoples ring tones, and your phone works exactly the same….
    Last edited by Jwelch900; 2023-01-18 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwelch900 View Post
    It would be way more like they added the ability to change your cellphone ring to a fart (like what happened in the early 2000’s). you can always pick any of the other sound available. Some people are gonna pick the fart sound, many may not. But you shouldn’t get to pick other peoples ring tones, and your phone works exactly the same….
    No, I bought a product/experience that was devoid of fart sounds or Pandas. Now there is no way to opt out of Fart sounds or Pandas, they are a mandatory core feature of the product. There virtually is no way to use the product without interacting with pandas.

No, I bought a product/experience that was devoid of fart sounds or Pandas. Now there is no way to opt out of Fart sounds or Pandas, they are a mandatory core feature of the product. There virtually is no way to use the product without interacting with pandas.
    Worst part is that we could have gotten other things BESIDES pandas and their expansion (although admittedly there were some nice things about the continent and expac)... Hell, even MURLOCS would have been preferable....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Had they not be well-written into the game I might agree. Hmm...as a racial...
    No..! omg no!

- - - Updated - - -

I smell a new business model.
    "Want a fart free experience? Now just €99 a monthor for free with your next TeslaFord product!".

"That new car smell...kinda smells like last night's refried beans I flushed down the toilet this morning..."

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Blizz did this already. A joke race got a whole expansion dedicated to it. You still see them walking around diminishing the game with every step.
    I agree... Vulpera should have never existed as a race

And then you wonder why Blizzard are not listening to the "community"....

Quote Originally Posted by Powerhug View Post
    And then you wonder why Blizzard are not listening to the "community"....
    Shush, projectile vomit is an excellent racial ability.