Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Both of my characters (LW and ench/tailor) still haven't done their introductory work orders quest, because there are simply no work orders for those professions. And I can't see why would anyone bother making those orders ^^

Even before the launch I couldn't see how this feature would be usable. Guess I was right
    Tailoring gets plenty. I was consistently able to fill out 5 daily orders, only accepting those 500 or more. If you watch youtube on a second monitor while refreshing, you'll see them fairly often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

I wasn't aware something like treatises exists, I have just looked it up now. So I guess the only difference between it, and other consumables, is that it's BoP, so it cannot be traded via AH, but only through the work orders? And the reason for that is probably mettle, which should be provided by the user, not the crafter? A simple change, to consume mettle on use would make it AH-tradeable and probably kill the work order market
    BoP, not ranked. Pretty much the kind of thing you will want from public crafting orders. Other things you might make this way are some toys and pets. Given that even reagents have ranks, no one is going to trust their rank 3 Khaz'gorite to a public order; anything ranked is effectively not going to be made unless someone is intentionally making it with the cheapest reagents and expecting to recraft later (which is valid especially earlier on when a rank 3 illimited diamond cost a fortune). In short, public orders have very limited uses.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    In short, public orders have very limited uses.
    Agreed, and even then treatises could easily be converted to non-BoP AH-able goods
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Tailoring gets plenty. I was consistently able to fill out 5 daily orders, only accepting those 500 or more. If you watch youtube on a second monitor while refreshing, you'll see them fairly often.
    Not everyone is binded to the computer 24/7 this solve nothin and prove this system is wrong designed

Yeah, it's a step backwards from the AH. On the AH you can both sell and buy goods in a few clicks, without having to spend a lot of time monitoring it.
    If crafting orders require that monitoring to sell anything then as a system it solved no problem and ultimately failed. Wasn't it advertised as a system which would make professions easier to market?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it advertised as a system which would make professions easier to market?
    Yes it was lol. Actually is more complicated for both sides. Buyer and seller. Trade chat is on fire. Imo they assumed more traffic on public orders. Maybe not huge as AH but a close to it.
    Last edited by czarek; 2023-01-27 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    You refusing to pay attention has no bearing on anything.
    He missed the line in the long patch notes, happens to everyone maybe chill ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Now its even better Actual shown orders on public are no longer available when i try to pick up one. Small indie company. Well done.

So far it's the same as it was, at least in my experience. You need to be there, refreshing, when someone posts any public orders, otherwise it's as active as metaverse.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Now its even better Actual shown orders on public are no longer available when i try to pick up one. Small indie company. Well done.
    Probably just means you're too slow to pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    So far it's the same as it was, at least in my experience. You need to be there, refreshing, when someone posts any public orders, otherwise it's as active as metaverse.
    Basically. Is the limit per day or just max 4 concurrent work orders? Can't be the former because I've taken a couple and never seen it go down, and if it's the latter it really needs to be reduced to 1-2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Probably just means you're too slow to pick it up.
    Like no? They are still on the list all day long >< If they are done should disapear but they dont.

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Like no? They are still on the list all day long >< If they are done should disapear but they dont.
    I guess you don't have the craft then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I guess you don't have the craft then?
    hmm? Like what?

Personally, I think the public order system needs help and a redesign, but I do like that it allows more players to try and get their skill up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalstan View Post
    but I do like that it allows more players to try and get their skill up.
    How does it achieve that?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalstan View Post
    Personally, I think the public order system needs help and a redesign, but I do like that it allows more players to try and get their skill up.
    The stuff giving skill points need sparks which are still too timegated to allow more players to skill up.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does it achieve that?
    With limited orders the possibility of things lingering on the tables is far higher. My low pop server can have up to 10 things on the JC bench, and it's not uncommon for me to actually see BS or LW orders up. Scribes use to get flooded with treatise, and they still will, they just won't pick up orders where people list them for 1-25g anymore. I'm max BS, JC, Engineering, LW on some of my characters. Why in the world would I pick up an epic public order listed for 100g? Someone will absolutely pick it up under this new system, but it's likely to be the people who just want skill ups.

The public bench is MEANT to be be a quick way to fulfill orders. Limiting the availability gives more opportunity for others to pick up orders, whether it be for skill ups or gold. Before you use to get 20, restocking by 4 every 24 hours. Now you get 4 with 1 restocking every 24 hours. The results aren't going to be immediate, but it will probably work itself out in the coming weeks when people become far more picky about picking up orders.

I get that this is a discussion about public orders, but you can't really have one without mentioning private orders as well. If you want quality you're suppose to talk to people in trade on your server. If you want a quick pickup just post it on the public bench and hope for the best.

Most of the issues right now with the system is centered around the UI. I wish you could whisper people directly, which is obnoxious when they have a billion ascii characters in their fucking names. That, and not knowing exactly what you can do without having differing varieties of materials sitting in your bags to see what skill thresholds you can actually hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    With limited orders the possibility of things lingering on the tables is far higher. My low pop server can have up to 10 things on the JC bench, and it's not uncommon for me to actually see BS or LW orders up. Scribes use to get flooded with treatise, and they still will, they just won't pick up orders where people list them for 1-25g anymore. I'm max BS, JC, Engineering, LW on some of my characters. Why in the world would I pick up an epic public order listed for 100g? Someone will absolutely pick it up under this new system, but it's likely to be the people who just want skill ups.

The public bench is MEANT to be be a quick way to fulfill orders. Limiting the availability gives more opportunity for others to pick up orders, whether it be for skill ups or gold. Before you use to get 20, restocking by 4 every 24 hours. Now you get 4 with 1 restocking every 24 hours. The results aren't going to be immediate, but it will probably work itself out in the coming weeks when people become far more picky about picking up orders.

I get that this is a discussion about public orders, but you can't really have one without mentioning private orders as well. If you want quality you're suppose to talk to people in trade on your server. If you want a quick pickup just post it on the public bench and hope for the best.

Most of the issues right now with the system is centered around the UI. I wish you could whisper people directly, which is obnoxious when they have a billion ascii characters in their fucking names. That, and not knowing exactly what you can do without having differing varieties of materials sitting in your bags to see what skill thresholds you can actually hit.
    Right, but before this system crafters didn't have to camp the table hoping for an order to pop up with a recipe they can craft to be able to get a skill-up. You could just get to 100 somewhat comfortably on your own.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Right, but before this system crafters didn't have to camp the table hoping for an order to pop up with a recipe they can craft to be able to get a skill-up. You could just get to 100 somewhat comfortably on your own.
    It really depends on the expansion though, so you can't speak about it in a bubble. In many expansions getting the last ~10 or so points was expensive as fuck depending on the profession we're talking about, and also quite frankly useless. Professions as a whole aside from Vanilla and TBC were mostly useless and in WoTLK they were used as glorified enchants with some okay gear (usually DMF trinkets, and oh have we fallen from that). Most of WoW professions have been useless and have been relegated to better enchants, or quirky QoL things like getting double duration on flasks.

And again, you know what, this isn't true even on live right now. My server is literally suggested for NEW players and if you wanted to level JC to 100 it would be insanely quick. It's not hard to see Signet rings up for 50-1000g that nobody is taking right now because it's not worth the craft. Alchemy also isn't hard to level to 100 without public orders (because the only thing you can public order with it is some potions and stones). Blacksmithing, LW, Tailoring or Engineering take awhile but getting to around 60 immediately is essentially given to you, and then you either craft stuff for yourself, or you ask in trade, or you can use public orders. Engineering has a build path where you can always get 1 skill a day too without relying on orders at all.

None of the recipes actually take 100 skill points to use, all of them cap out at 50. Even the hard professions to level put you at 55-60 with the last ~40 points being the 'difficult' ones to get. That's 40 skill points, but that's still enough if you keep up on KP and all the one time uses to craft whatever you're specializing in at R3-R4 at the least.

So yes, and no. Some professions are tougher to max out to 100, but half of them aren't. You also don't need 100 right away as KP is far more of a limiting factor. Generally how crafting worked in the past (up to like Cataclysm anyway, where most of crafting lost the majority of it's relevancy) is that it was expensive as hell to level certain professions, but if you did you could hit max skill. But you *needed* max skill because pretty much of the good shit that you wanted to craft was close to, if not requiring max in that profession to begin with in order to craft the gear. Yeah, it might be a pain to get to 100, but nothing requires 100. Everything requires 50. You can quite literally get paid to level your professions by people, gaining skill and gold, which was something that basically never happened before.

I'd imagine most of the complaints about it are likely relegated to BS/LW and probably Tailoring. But you can always buy the PvP patterns on the AH and see if people are buying or LF it in trade. The quality on them doesn't matter for PvP related purposes and most of the people I did these for were just happy to get them done for relatively cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Depends of profession. I can say hows JC and Insc works. JC you can skill to 100 on ur own but its really expensive and public orders really helps. Inscription actually is pretty hard to. Need loads of gold ofc depends on specialization but over 65 to 100 skill is really big gap on comforable skilling route.