10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    cops do this shit all the time, they were just giving him a beating because he mouthed off at them and they know they can usually get away with it. If it hadn't been so savage and he had lived they would have stitched him up on some bullshit resisting and assaulting a police officer charges. They just went further this time. I'd bet good money they have done this before.
    All the time huh. Sad. Sounds reasonable what you’re saying in terms motive but fuck.

As for the Florida homeless man same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I saw him laying on his right side with his back to his vehicle so he couldn’t roll to his left and his right arm being held in place by an officer preventing him from rolling to his right.

I saw him complying to the best that they would allow him to.

That’s the fact regardless of your reasoning or mine.

Now, do you have any actual forms of him not complying that wasn’t caused by the officers themselves preventing it at that stage? And remember, moving cautiously isn’t not complying.
    Can’t post video here. Have to look up time stamp it’s in the first where stands up then takes off running
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Can’t post video here. Have to look up time stamp it’s in the first where stands up then takes off running
    That’s the one I am talking about. He is confused and asking what’s going on and what did he do while they are yelling at him like they are drill sergeants and tell him to roll on his chest. His hands are up and within a few moments of that an officer grabs his hand seems to alternate between pinning and pulling it which prevents him from being able to roll to his right and his vehicle is behind him preventing him from rolling to his left.

And then they start attacking for it at which point he gets scared and manages to flee.

I have been around enough police in my life to know that the badge makes them the least trustworthy and likely least honorable person in the room a sizable portion of the time because he has the least oversight on anything he does.

Hell, I have had one take my dad and throw him over the hood of his car after my dad had part of his spine fused together and could have been paralyzed when my father had did nothing wrong.

I have had them lie and write tickets for made up crimes and I have had one come within inches of sideswiping my car trying to get me to hit him just so he could pull me after tailgating me trying to get me to speed and then when I managed to dodge him he sped to the person in front of me to get inches for their bumper.

Don’t give officers any undo credit, their oath does not award them trustworthiness.

Edit: And if you are wondering about my father, his wife at the time had accused him of hitting her and my dad didn’t know about it till they informed him. He said he would go downtown and deal with it and they didn’t take the time to say he was going with them before they grabbed him, threw him on their hood and handcuffed him.

He got out of the charge because he didn’t do anything wrong and she had a list of charges a mile long where she would get drunk and try and attack him but didn’t matter to the cops who came, just grabbed him and man handled him without any regard if they paralyzed him.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2023-01-28 at 07:08 AM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

All the time huh.
    look im realistic i work in security. Its a bonding thing when you fuck someone up. We all tell each other all the incidents that happened at the end of the 12 hour shift. All the wacky shit that goes on, how many drugs we got, if we pocketed any, what the medical incident was, who got spat on when we restrained some cunt.

These cops were bonding with each other in the video over what they did, its a culture.

My best stories last summer where the 2 big fights, the kid on security who did a massive line of ket and i had to sit him in a chair in a position as he suffered through the k hole, the cop who pocketed 3 grams of coke to do later and i was still dining out on the stories from cop26 the year before of bidens security telling me they would shoot me if i fucked around . good stuff.

And this is the uk i cant imagine what its like in the US which has an even more macho punisher culture. I see enough of cops behaving badly.
    Last edited by jonnysensible; 2023-01-28 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    look im realistic i work in security. Its a bonding thing when you fuck someone up. We all tell each other all the incidents that happened at the end of the 12 hour shift. All the wacky shit that goes on, how many drugs we got, if we pocketed any, what the medical incident was, who got spat on when we restrained some cunt.

These cops were bonding with each other in the video over what they did, its a culture.

My best stories last summer where the 2 big fights, the kid on security who did a massive line of ket and i had to sit him in a chair in a position as he suffered through the k hole, the cop who pocketed 3 grams of coke to do later and i was still dining out on the stories from cop26 the year before of bidens security telling me they would shoot me if i fucked around . good stuff.

And this is the uk i cant imagine what its like in the US which has an even more macho punisher culture. I see enough of cops behaving badly.
    Yeah I've seen some of that starting out and people who take things way too personal. Interesting perspective, and knowing cops also I can see what you mean.

Us vs them mentality .

- - - Updated - - -

That’s the one I am talking about. He is confused and asking what’s going on and what did he do while they are yelling at him like they are drill sergeants and tell him to roll on his chest. His hands are up and within a few moments of that an officer grabs his hand seems to alternate between pinning and pulling it which prevents him from being able to roll to his right and his vehicle is behind him preventing him from rolling to his left.

And then they start attacking for it at which point he gets scared and manages to flee.

I have been around enough police in my life to know that the badge makes them the least trustworthy and likely least honorable person in the room a sizable portion of the time because he has the least oversight on anything he does.

Hell, I have had one take my dad and throw him over the hood of his car after my dad had part of his spine fused together and could have been paralyzed when my father had did nothing wrong.

I have had them lie and write tickets for made up crimes and I have had one come within inches of sideswiping my car trying to get me to hit him just so he could pull me after tailgating me trying to get me to speed and then when I managed to dodge him he sped to the person in front of me to get inches for their bumper.

Don’t give officers any undo credit, their oath does not award them trustworthiness.

Edit: And if you are wondering about my father, his wife at the time had accused him of hitting her and my dad didn’t know about it till they informed him. He said he would go downtown and deal with it and they didn’t take the time to say he was going with them before they grabbed him, threw him on their hood and handcuffed him.

He got out of the charge because he didn’t do anything wrong and she had a list of charges a mile long where she would get drunk and try and attack him but didn’t matter to the cops who came, just grabbed him and man handled him without any regard if they paralyzed him.
    That's fucked up, not going to handwave your experience, and I agree with not automatically special status, but at the same time, I rather not vilify. You make good points and with ALL of our associations we have to account for counter parts.

That's fucked up, not going to handwave your experience, and I agree with not automatically special status, but at the same time, I rather not vilify. You make good points and with ALL of our associations we have to account for counter parts.
    Account for counter situations is fine.

But don’t give them an officer any implied honesty, integrity, or honor above that of anyone else.

Some of them choose the job for noble reason. These are the good one while they last.

Many more chose the job because they wanted power over people. These are the bad apples.

Most of them are just normal people as immoral and dishonest as the rest. And also just as corruptible as the rest when given power.

And all of them feel the desire to defend their coworkers from punishment believing they would do the same.

Don’t trust the officers, trust the evidence.

As I said before, their refusal to police their own was one of the big reasons if not the biggest reasons for body cameras and laws requiring them retain them and be able to subpoena them and this oversight is why the police in many areas have fought to avoid requiring them.

We even had a post a while ago about a place creating an oversight committee for their police only for the police union to donate heavily to get their own onto that committee as a form of regulatory capture to get them back to making sure they were their own watchers.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Account for counter situations is fine.

But don’t give them an officer any implied honesty, integrity, or honor above that of anyone else.

Some of them choose the job for noble reason. These are the good one while they last.

Many more chose the job because they wanted power over people. These are the bad apples.

Most of them are just normal people as immoral and dishonest as the rest. And also just as corruptible as the rest when given power.

And all of them feel the desire to defend their coworkers from punishment believing they would do the same.

Don’t trust the officers, trust the evidence.

As I said before, their refusal to police their own was one of the big reasons if not the biggest reasons for body cameras and laws requiring them retain them and be able to subpoena them and this oversight is why the police in many areas have fought to avoid requiring them.

We even had a post a while ago about a place creating an oversight committee for their police only for the police union to donate heavily to get their own onto that committee as a form of regulatory capture to get them back to making sure they were their own watchers.
    That's not how I do things I give EVERYONE the benifit of the doubt unless or until they give me a reason not to.

But I agree and understand what you're saying and why you are saying it even when we disagree. That said you raise valid points.

More specifically about the video where you pointed out they were screaming at him and you are correct the were making it difficult or almost impossible to comply.

The reason I say this is because I believe it was Colorado where their swat literally ordered a man out of a hotel room and instructed him to crawl while his paints were falling down.

I remembered watching the video and the man was sincerely doing everything he could to comply despite likely being terrified while the swat officers was threatening to blow his head off.

The guy even explained he was having difficulty and the cop literally fucking shot and killed this man not for disobeying but because his pants were slipping.

It wasn't law or order it was the execution and terrorizing a suspect. I was angry and so pissed after that the cop didn't get charged and the police and justice system covered this up.

So no I am not a back the blue, thin blue line supporter. I don't hate cops either. However I do take your points to heart

I always try to give the benefit of doubt, but I understand what you're saying too. Regardless to who is wrong or write video in and of itself isn't always the whole story.

Owed? No, but to generally a good idea. Cops deserve respect AND they deserve respect for what they signed up to do short of giving a reason you shouldn’t.
    LMAO you have Antifa in your sig, you don't even know what they stand for, show me just person one associated with Antifa that has any sort of respect for the police, Antifa are left-Anarchists with absolutely no respect for the police or authority!

@Doctor Amadeus

Benefit of the doubt is fine, trust but verify. And police are no different.

But keep in mind the power these people possess, the damage it can do to you and those you love if they abuse it and just how easy it is to get drunk on power over others and the general psychology of it where that power is known to actually have them start mentally dehumanizing you because of the power dynamic.

Anything they say has to be verified before any judgment can be made and these officers claims about the start of the events can’t even be verified by their superiors while they lied about the events themselves in their reports.

They need oversight because of these issues.

Everyone thinks they are immune to the changes that having power over people causes on how you see them and yourself, most of them aren’t and will change after a long enough time. Some to extremes while some were just extreme to begin with and just wanted the power to exercise it that way and so actively sought out those positions.

Some jobs just have that impact on people and you have to take that into account with your interactions with them and the impact their interactions can have on your life.

And, as the saying goes, “Those who seek power tend to be those who are least suited to it”

I know I got the saying off but still fits what I am trying to say and can’t remember it exactly.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2023-01-28 at 08:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by diller View Post
    LMAO you have Antifa in your sig, you don't even know what they stand for, show me just person one associated with Antifa that has any sort of respect for the police, Antifa are left-Anarchists with absolutely no respect for the police or authority!
    Lies. Made up boogie men

- - - Updated - - -

@Doctor Amadeus

Benefit of the doubt is fine, trust but verify. And police are no different.

But keep in mind the power these people possess, the damage it can do to you and those you love if they abuse it and just how easy it is to get drunk on power over others and the general psychology of it where that power is known to actually have them start mentally dehumanizing you because of the power dynamic.

Anything they say has to be verified before any judgment can be made and these officers claims about the start of the events can’t even be verified by their superiors while they lied about the events themselves in their reports.

They need oversight because of these issues.

Everyone thinks they are immune to the changes that having power over people causes on how you see them and yourself, most of them aren’t and will change after a long enough time. Some to extremes while some were just extreme to begin with and just wanted the power to exercise it that way and so actively sought out those positions.

Some jobs just have that impact on people and you have to take that into account with your interactions with them and the impact their interactions can have on your life.
    I agree with oversight and outlawing police unions.

We used to have to ask "Who watches the watchmen?"... now we're going to have to ask "Who watches the watchmen's watchmen?"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Lies. Made up boogie men
    Not sure if you think I'm trying to discredit ANTIFA but that is what they are - anyway what is your authority on the subject? I'm saying this as someone loosely associated with them back in the 1990's

also

Last edited by diller; 2023-01-28 at 09:48 AM.

What happened before, the camera started. As I said we will see. But just because I say that doesn’t mean I’m defending the cops.

I don’t love cops but I don’t hate them. I do appreciate them even if I don’t always agree with them.
    It literally DOESN'T MATTER what happened before this, there is no misdemeanor that deserves a fucking death sentence. Especially wreckless driving. And from what I have seen, its a rumor, but it is speculated that Tyre might have been having an affair with one of the cops ex wives.

Anyone still on the braindead "Y U no comPLy" trip please watch this video. Was probably linked a couple times over the years in this thread but it still is relevant.

Last edited by Twdft; 2023-01-28 at 01:35 PM.

Did this actually happen? Man, so much violence already this year.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2023-01-28 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Aphelios View Post
    Did this actually happen? Man, so much violence already this year.
    Its on fucking video, yes it happened.

Not watching video, but heard some audio. Cops were bragging how they beat his ass. Celebrating haymakers and whatnot. Congrats you piece of bleep cops.

Now we will have violent protests and by that I mean likely property damage. I hope it's only property damage, but the backlash from at least half of the US at least will be to blame most people who protested peacefully and thinking property damage is greater than a man dying. People and media will make this as if this was the first ever police killing in the history of US and people are overreacting. Which is bullshit.

As my disclaimer I'm not promoting any physical or violent protests.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Hopefully it stays in the news cycle for a very long time if it'll get people to genuinely care about Black-on-Black violence.

Drop the race-baiting and the personal bickering.

Owed? No, but to generally a good idea. Cops deserve respect AND they deserve respect for what they signed up to do short of giving a reason you shouldn’t.

You breaking the law and not feeling like being held accountable doesn’t qualify.

I don’t care if they’re nice, I don’t care if you’re nice. What I care about is them enforcing the law fairly and equally.

If you break the law you’re the asshole and if you give a cop shit and fuck around, then you can find out. No sympathy
    This is just willfully choosing an unexamined worldview over reality. It's magical thinking that mostly white people cling to so they can tell themselves they're good and safe and can control what happens to them because they'll just behave right for cops and everything will be fine. Obviously, therefore, anyone who is beaten and murdered by police didn't behave right and "should've just complied." The fact that black people suffer disproportionately at the hands of police lets white people pretend to themselves that there's not a completely broken judicial system and black people must just have it coming. The institutional racism actually comforts and girds this belief system.

I like to link this story because it so efficiently puts a lie to every step of that entirely empty, self-serving, and delusional worldview: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/cindy...b0af3706e1a56a https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLeGnJzRO5U In which a woman leaving a kids birthday party asks a cop outside what he's doing. He tells her to "mind [her] own fucking business." She calls to report the incident. Her dad was a cop; she doubtless felt comfortable doing this. The cop follows her for 2 miles then pulls her over for a "seat belt violation," then starts beating the shit out of her in front of her hysterical children. Another cop arrives and she somehow imagines he'll rescue her but of course he starts punching her in the face, too, while telling her to (altogether now!) "stop resisting," until she's concussed and all the while screaming for help. They arrest her, charge her with felony assault of a cop, and the prosecutor is all in on trying to put her in prison for however many years, right up until the video appears, at which point they drop all charges.

So no, cops do not deserve any more deference or benefit of the doubt than anyone else. Yes, cops will do it to you, too, if they feel like it, regardless of how you behave; then they'll lie about it, and try to put you in prison for it, unless a bystander catches it on video.

The system is broken; bootlicking won't save you.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Not watching video, but heard some audio. Cops were bragging how they beat his ass. Celebrating haymakers and whatnot. Congrats you piece of bleep cops.
    It was pretty bad. At one point, cops were lifting up his limp body to punch him in the face as hard as they could. Kicking him in the head while he was on the ground motionless, etc. I'm unsurprised by who is defending their actions with all the "all you had to do was comply" garbage while simultaneously saying "this is just getting started and more information will be coming out." Yeah, what he means by that is that he's waiting for the talking points to come in so he can further defend the police. Or perhaps waiting for them to find a tiny bit of marijuana in his system to make it seem like he was off his tits on drugs and they HAD to beat him for their own safety.

Also Edge, they didn't beat this man to death with their bare hands. One of them broke a baton on his face.